Start by marking “Polar Explorer” as Want to Read:
Polar Explorer

Polar Explorer

Fourteen-year-old Jade Hameister had a dream: to complete the Polar Hat Trick.

In 2015, she skied to the North Pole.
In 2016, she completed the Greenland Crossing.
In 2018, she arrived at the South Pole.

This is the story of an adventurer who never gave up - who set herself incredible challenges beyond her years and experience.

An adventurer who endured extremes of cold and bli
Published April 2nd 2019 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Polar Explorer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Explorer

Veronica ⭐️
*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
Amazing girl. I hate the cold and anything under about 12C has me whining and huddled by the heater. Jade lived and trekked in -50C for 40 days. I take my hat off to her..but I’m leaving my slippers, coat and gloves on.

Jade Hameister is the youngest person to complete the Polar hat-trick – skiing to the North Pole, crossing Greenland coast to coast and skiing from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole.

From an early age, adventure was just a regular pa
Brenda
What an amazing, inspirational young woman Jade Hameister is! Over a period of three years she completed three goals so achieve the Polar Hat-Trick. In doing so, she became the first in many of her endeavours. Her final journey, in Antarctica to finish at the South Pole, was over late 2017 into 2018 and was the most grueling but not once did she contemplate giving up. The support of her Dad and the other people of the team with her helped her through the worst.

Each trek was unassisted and unsupp
Jodie Warner
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-ya
Jade Hameister is the youngest woman to ski the polar hat trick- to the North Pole, the South Pole and the Greenland icecap- unaided and unassisted (that means no transport and no food drops etc). It’s a pretty amazing feat.

She comes from a family of adventurers; her dad was the 12th Australian to complete the seven summits and it was a family climb to Everest base camp when she was 12 that sparked her ambition to complete this hat trick. Wow! While I was listening I did think about how well-su
Jemima
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very inspiring and I throughly enjoyed it! It told the story of how the brave, Jade Hameister managed to complete the Polar Hat Trick with the hardships she faced along the way. It also included facts about how climate change is affecting the Polar regions and society's issues with the 'ideal' body shape. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for some motivation to achieving their far-fetched dreams or for someone to gain feminist motivation. A nice, easy read!
Kiara
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive an uncorrected proof copy of this from work ahead of its release, and I can say that it’s definitely a book worth reading. Jade’s story is very inspiring and the simplistic writing style (keep in mind this is a 16 year olds biography) makes it seem like you’re having a casual chat with a friend. Only, this particular chat inspires you to push yourself beyond your limits and achieve those seemingly impossible goals. Definitely recommend.
marlin1
I admire Jade and this would be an inspirational book for many young adults, especially women.
I’m more her parents age and I admired them too, for their support and encouragement of Jade and her dreams.
I listened to this as an audiobook but this one may have been better for me read as a book as my attention wandered at times.
Theresa
Hameister's definition of feminism early in the book is simplistic - she doesn't want to be labelled a feminist because she believes in equality for *both* genders - and her suggestions for tackling climate change later in the book are very individually focused. But her adventure is incredibly impressive, and her heart is in the right place. It was a fun, light book to read.
Eleanor
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a young girl I found it really refreshing to read this book, written by someone my age. It really showed me that you didn't have to be an adult to write about your experiences. Jade wrote with wisdom and the whole book captured the incredible scale of her accomplishments really well. It is a great holiday read and definitely inspired me to reach for the stars!
Pip
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it is quite an inspirational book for a teenager to read. Jade decides to ski to the South Pole at age 13. Takes 3 years to build up her snow skills, mental and physical toughness to take it on
One determined girl!
Daniel Stojanovski
A lovely dinner time read. Amazing stuff Jade!
Nicole
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing goals by a teenager and great facts and easy to read
Sarah loves books 😻😻😻
Hamish Bremner
Nov 06, 2018
Renee
Mar 14, 2019
Aussie Readers: Win a paperback copy of My Polar Dream - ends 17th Oct 8 29 Oct 23, 2018 04:47PM
Jade Hameister began her Polar Hat Trick quest in April 2016 at the age of 14, when she became the youngest person to ski to the North Pole from anywhere outside the last degree and was awarded Australian Geographic Society's Young Adventurer of the Year as a result. In June 2017, she became the youngest woman to complete the 550-kilometre crossing of Greenland, the second largest ice cap on the p ...more