Start by marking “Kiss My Ash” as Want to Read:
Kiss My Ash

Kiss My Ash

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  336 Ratings  ·  180 Reviews
Ash Jenkins was the typical boy next door. Wait, who am I kidding? There was nothing typical about that boy.

He was tall, ripped, and had the voice of a man twice his age. Intelligent, sexy as sin, and barely legal.

Sent to live with his dad after getting in some trouble with the law, he was definitely someone I needed to stay away from.

But he had his sights set on me, and h
Published August 2018 by Leddy Harper

To ask other readers questions about Kiss My Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss My Ash

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
The Boy next door never looked so good on paper. I honestly have to admit, this book left me absolutely shocked by the story I never saw coming. You see at the start all you consider is a tale of horny, young, immature desires between a young boy and his cougar neighbour. But what unfolds has left me smiling for days and hoping Ash Jenkins can be a great teacher for all men going down the path of finding love.

What can I say about the hero in this story? Ash Jenkins, he is a sight for sore eyes,
Stephie Walls
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the licks go to Ash Jenkins. Holy hotness, Batman. If only every man were the epitome of perfection...I'd consider becoming a cougar myself. This is a Leddy Harper book you won't want to miss. It's fun, it's flirty, and it's all kinds of steamy.
Mandie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woah! This book was so friggin hot!! It was absolutely amazing!! I couldn’t put it down! I actually read it in one sitting! I would give it 10 ⭐’s if I could!! I would definitely recommend!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book! All thoughts and opinions are my own
Na
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
"Between your desire to feel young, and my need to remain level-headed and responsible, we balance each other out. The parts of us that have been in limbo connect to each other."

To be honest, I almost stopped reading this book after about 20% in. I knew it was a taboo, about age gap, and usually this isn't my cup of tea. But I'm glad I didn't stop and give it a chance. Why I wanted to stop? At first I just couldn't connect to the characters and the story itself didn't hold my interest e
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 3.5 stars
Yes, I feel weird about reading and reviewing this book, but I felt I needed to try it, especially after reading the reverse situation (older man/younger woman) in Wanting Mr. Cane .

Here were my reasons for taking an interest in a book about an adult woman falling for the boy next door...who is in high school:

1) It's so wrong, but that only made me more curious, and books are a safe place to explore ideas like this. I've already done the older man thing with Wanting Mr. Cane by
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Kiss My Ash is the newest story by Leddy Harper and it once again reminded me why she is a must read author for me. She can take taboo plot lines like an older woman with a younger man and turn it in to this amazing romance that I was completely enthralled by.

From beginning to end, this story kept my attention, it had my emotions constantly churning, and it had me falling in love with these characters. Especially Ash.

Ash was the kind of guy whose charm and intelligence and alpha male tendencie
Sissy's Romance Book Review
KISS MY ASH by LEDDY HARPER is the story of Ash and Kristy.
Ash is the 'boy' next door who at 17 is somewhat older in spirit takes a liking to the older next door neighbor, Kristy. This was such a great older women younger man story that you will want to read until you are finished...not one I could put down.
Really enjoyed their story!
Katie Jones
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiss My Ash is a fantastic book. Asher is my new BBF and the way Leddy writes him is amazing. I relate to Kristy in a way that I've only found myself relating to only a couple other characters in books, so its not often I feel that way. For some, this book may not be their cup of tea, but it was definitely mine..with all the sugar and cream I need for it to be sweet enough.
Heidi
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kiss My Ash started off in an anthology called A Secret Affair as The Boy Next Door. When I say “started off,” I mean that TBND grew and matured into something totally different than its humble beginnings. It became Kiss My Ash.

Asher Jenkins is the total package: gorgeous eyes; full lips; narrow hips; rock solid abs; muscular, taut arms; and a deep, gravelly voice. He’s the perfect man, all Alpha. There’s just one tiny problem. He’s 18 years old and too young for Kristy Richards’ taste. Or is h
PFL
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Kiss My Ash by Leddy Harper is the story of Ash and Kristy. This is a taboo topic, as when they meet Ash is 17 y/o and Kristy is in her 30’s. I have been a big fan of Leddy’s books and have always enjoyed her writing, but I will say that I struggled with this topic and this storyline. I would have had the same issue if the ages of each gender was reversed, i.e., if the man was older.

I felt as if Ash was more of the adult in the relationship and I became frustrated with Kristy on more than one o
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

I will not rate this book simply because Leddy Harper is one of my favourite authors. She is an amazing writer and storyteller, but Kiss my Ash was just... not my cup of tea.
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars

While the age gap genre is usually right up my alley, there is something about the older woman, younger man that didn't interest me as much. Leddy Harper did a nice job at writing Ash wise beyond his years, however that didn't help.

Kristy is a young mother, finally settling her and her sixteen year old daughter in thier own home. Having her daughter a few days before turning seventeen, didn't make for an easy life for Kristy. She had to cut her teenage life short and grow up quickly. Wi
Avidez Literaria
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Lies Deceit. Pain. The boy next door who broke my heart.”

Kristy has just moved to her new home along with her sixteen year old daughter. Being a single mother, since she discovered that she was pregnant, at the age of seventeen, her life changed completely. Being so young and having to be responsible for the well-being and sustenance of her daughter, she did not finish school, nor did she go to college. Plans for the future have remained in the past. Not counting on the support of her family,
Three Chicks
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

Oh Leddy Harper what in the world did you do to me? This book is so much more than I thought it would be. Honestly I don't even think I read the blurb. If Leddy writes it, I read it. That's all there is to it. When I realized that this was a story between the boy next door and the cougar who just moved in, I was excited to read on. The age difference in books never really phases me and it didn't in this one. But I admit that I thought this was going to be a hot and s
Brandy Roberts
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Kiss my Ash it had every emotion you can think of in a romance from hilarious , steamy , aggravating , and a tad forbidden kind of love . I love when characters have a instant attraction with off the charts chemistry . I also liked the fact that it was older woman and younger guy it was refreshing to not read one about older guy with young girl I see nothing wrong with that I like it but this past year it has seemed a but repetitive for so it was interesting to see it from diffe ...more
Lisa Mandina
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really do love a good older woman/younger man story, probably because I am attracted to younger men. Usually not this much younger, but I really liked the way this story was done. Ash knew what he wanted, the 32 year old single mother who moved in next door. Ash was only 17, and knew that he needed to wait until he was 18. Ash had a not so great past, and so was now doing his best to be a good person. Not only that, he really started to like Kristy more than just wanting to hook up with her, ...more
Cee Cee Houston
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found my boundaries and comfort zone getting pushed to their limits with Kiss My Ash by Leddy Harper. I knew from the blurb it was an older woman/ younger man scenario, but what I didn’t know was how much older Kristy was, and that Asher was only seventeen when he set his sights on his next door neighbor. I was slightly uncomfortable when I discovered this. It was just so unlikely in my eyes, and even though Leddy wrote it extremely well, the discomfort kept plaguing me.
Asher’s character is so
Terri Handschumacher
What do I need to do to get an Ash Jenkins of my own? Ash is just the perfect combination of a smart-ass and lovable asshole witb just the right amount of an understanding gentleman. What else could anyone want or need in a book boyfriend? The way that Ash and Kristy connected on an emotional level before their relationship even turned into anything that was physical, was the way to make them stronger. The way that Ash brings out the real Kristy, the part of herself that she'd been keeping on pa ...more
Maura
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kiss My Ash is a contemporary romance with a twist. It's a December/May (or in this case August/May) relationship that is complex because (among other things) of the friendship between the male protagonist and the female protagonist's daughter. There is a bit of deception about who knows who at the beginning that sets the stage for this story.

Leddy Harper is a seasoned author who knows how to tell a tale. She writes complex / multi-dimensional characters who are well developed. This story is to
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I Don't always read books about older women and younger men, but this one was so freaking HOT!!!

Asher Jenkins came to live with his dad as he was getting into some kind of trouble and living with his dad is suppose to 'sort' him out. From the moment he met Kristy he wanted the 32 year old single mother. In the beginning it was just a hook up but Ash started feeling more for this single mother than what he wanted to admit.
In the beginning Kristy didn't know how old he was but when she found out,
Kari Hansen
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kristy is 33 and a single mom to her 16 year old daughter Emma. She has recently purchased her own home and is appreciating the scenery next door which consists of her younger sexy neighbor Asher.

Asher has a troubled youth, but he has turned his life around and operates a business out of his father’s home. He knows that if Kristy knew his true age as well as how he knew Emma that she would have nothing to do with him which is the last thing he wants.

Kristy thinks that Asher is in his 20’s and is
Diary Of Book Fiend
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is far from my typical read. I don't normally read the older woman, younger guy books. It's a personal preference. My first thought when I realized that this was one of those books was, I'll just send a message and ask to switch to promo only. BUT Leddy Harper writes really amazing books, so I decided to push through this one. Look at me being an adult. If I was just sticking with personal preference I would not have read this book. So I'm reviewing from a technical standpoint and even thou ...more
Taylor Delong
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love all of Harper’s books I’ve read, but this one wasn’t my cup of tea. The writing is great, but some of the storyline didn’t sit right with me, mostly about Asher’s age when we first meet him, and especially in relation to Kristy’s daughter. That part of the story was hard for me to digest at times.

Despite my own personal issues with the story, I found myself reading it quickly to see how the story turns out. I sometimes forgot that Ash was so young because he’s a very mature character. In
Phyl
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love older woman/younger man reads, I find them insanely sexy. The forbidden, the testing your moral boundary all makes for a great read. The shameless way he flirts with her and the dirty way she replies. Ash was respectable and waited till he was older to make her more comfortable and despite other people objection including her daughter who is younger by not much, he was still going to pursue her. I know some will have issues with this read because of the age gap but at the end of the day l ...more
Zilpha Owens
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when your next door neighbor is hot but younger than you? Kristy Richards wants to find out. Ash Jenkins may be young but he’s mature beyond his years. With a mix of romcom and seriousness their relationship develops into something they never thought possible. Age is just a number and shouldn’t define the parameters of any relationship, but it’s never that simple. And caving to societies norms isn’t the answer either. Sometimes you just need to figure what’s most important and makes ...more
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Kiss my Ash is a taboo read. Kristy is the older neighbor next door who's daughter goes to the same school as Asher which she isn't aware of. Although Kristy knew Asher was young she didn't realize how young he really until his dad mentions at a block party.
The chemistry between the two is undeniable, if it wasn't for the huge age gap, they'd be perfect for each in my eyes.
All in all it was an entertaining read.
Anne Milne
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable age gap story, usually it's a young naive woman but not this time. When Kristy moves to a new apartment with her teenage daughter her new neighbour Ash catches her eye.

I enjoyed the story and the slow build off the relationship between the two. Ash may be younger but he has a level of maturity beyond his years. This was not the usual meet and jump straight into bed although the attraction is palpable. They connect on a deeper level and despite the age gap they just work.

Wit
i fall in love book blog
3.5 Stars

Kiss My Ash by Leddy Harper is a taboo/age gap romance featuring a mother in her 30’s and the 17 year old boy next door. Krista is a single mom that has put her life on hold for the past decade in order to put her everything into providing the best life for her 16 year old daughter. She finally purchases her first home and when she meets her new neighbor it isn’t anything like she expected.

Ash is hard to believe as a 17 year old. He reads much older, which is obviously part of the plot
Mariela Book Boyfriend Whoarder
Sorry Kristy, but you’ll find Ash in my book boyfriend dungeon.

Wow. That’s really all I can describe right away. Well first I want to apologize to my book club, because we were supposed to read this together and I jumped the gun. Sorry girls. I needed a much needed pick me up after some real life turmoil. That’s why I love reading. It gets me out of my head and immerses me in a whole new world. Leddy Harper did just that.

Let’s jump right in to this book. I’d never consider this taboo. Call me l
Ana Rita
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Every single time that I have a book from this Ga'll I get nervous. Wanna know why? Because this lady is responsible for the biggest ugly cry of my reading life. There are other authors that accomplish that as well but hers got stuck into my heart because it was the first one...
Leddy Harper is the one to blame. Her writing is powerful, intense, full of meaning and feelings. Each scene is described in a way that will take your breath away. Just give her a chance and you won't regret it.
After re
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a