Start by marking “Exposé” as Want to Read:
Exposé

Read Book* *Different edition

Exposé

Ruthless tabloid reporters destroyed the life of actress Pearl Martin. Now her best friend is getting revenge. The addictive and darkly funny thriller Exposé. A tale of the media, celebrity, corruption and revenge.

The Sun ☆☆☆☆ TheGayUK ☆☆☆☆ Amazon ☆☆☆☆ Goodreads ☆☆☆☆

Gossip columnist Valerie Pierce loves red wine, cigarettes and exposing celebrity secrets. Influential, suc
Paperback, 4, 338 pages
Published May 10th 2018 by Createspace (first published October 1st 2014)

LostToABook
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

"Hello, this is Adam Jaymes. I just called to let you know its your turn. "

Ever wondered what it would be like to get one back on the newspapers? The Daily Ear is the worlds most infamous tabloid newspaper and the reporters there dont care who they hurt, they only care about getting a story. Feared by celebs & politicians, its left a trail of shattered lives in its wake as they expose the private lives of the rich and famous.

However, r
S. Sapkota
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and witty. Gives the inside scoop of the tabloid industry. Describe the routine of gossip writers and how they keep up with tracking the celebrity they try to cover. Unputdownable!
Leslie
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book skewers Britain's celeb obsessed Tabloids and their employees. Very few American newspapers would put a celebrity above the fold but in the UK it is an industry and the Daily Ear has spent the past 20 years going from boring to must read with the assistance of a dedicated staff of celeb muckrakers. Using the philosophy that if one is a celeb one is therefore opening all aspects of their life to examination; they have ruined lives, marriages and more. One celebrity is mad as hell and he ...more
Greg
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: The author is a friend of mine. But that kind of made the prospect of reading and reviewing his book more worrying. What do I say if it's really terrible?

Within a few pages I realised that wasn't going to be a problem. Paul has delivered a delightfully intriguing book right from the off.
It tells the story of TV golden boy Adam Jaymes, who turns the tables on the British gutter press - namely The Daily Ear - that has hassled him and his friends for years, printing thousands of li
Jon Shanks
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

And I can honestly say that I really enjoyed this book! In a nutshell, a celebrity turns the tables on a tabloid newspaper by digging the dirt on its employees, exposing their secrets in a public way, complete with sensationalist headlines. However, these employees are not cardboard cutout stereotype sleazebags. In fact the story mostly comes from their perspectives as flawed human beings, who have their owns problems and issues which the re
Jonathan Welford
Fabulous frothy read, read in a couple of sittings. Delicious characters getting up to dubious shenanigans.

I would love there to be a follow up, those characters can't just be left like that.
J.S. Strange
I give this book 3.5 stars. It wasn't a bad book at all.

This book came up on Twitter, and the cover intrigued me immediately. Reading into it, I knew this was a book that I would probably enjoy - I love celebrities, love journalism, and I love exposés. It had a really great premise, so I bought a copy as soon as possible.

Let's start with, not the bad - as this was not a bad book at all - but the 'let downs'. I sometimes felt like the exposés were a bit boring. I wanted scandal, I wanted shock,
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

I thought it was pretty good. The cast of characters were pretty unlikeable, and it felt kinda good to watch the tabloid media (even a fake media) get a taste of their own medicine. I really liked the epilogue.

I did find the way the author wrote the POVs to be a bit distracting and hard to follow at first, but I got used to it by the end.
Alicia
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book, nice twist of events. Great ending. *received copy from book giveaway*
Said
Carole Sutton
Mar 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Beech Tree
  • Book of Never: Volumes 1-3 (Book of Never, #1-3)
  • Siren Spirit (Lost Souls Book 1)
  • Tell Us Something True
  • Suspended (Vagabond Circus, #1)
  • Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails & Tonics: The Art of Spirited Drinks and Buzz-Worthy Libations
  • Three Truths and a Lie
  • On the Road Bike: The Search For a Nation’s Cycling Soul
  • Chinese Whispers
  • US Special Ops: The History, Weapons, and Missions of Elite Military Forces
  • Brothers of the Sacred Heart in New Orleans (Images of America: Louisiana)
  • Sunblood