Start by marking “Cruelty's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Cruelty's Daughter

Cruelty's Daughter

When a young girl is abducted by a notorious serial killer, a woman risks her own life trying to save her.

Mina is struggling to come to terms with her past. Having led a reclusive life, shunning human contact, she decides to take on a local college course to help get her life back on track.

However, when a young girl who tries to befriend her is abducted by a serial
Published May 12th 2018 by THE BOOKFOLKS

To ask other readers questions about Cruelty's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruelty's Daughter

Start your review of Cruelty's Daughter
Vivian
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This had me at the edge of my seat. Willett did a great job with this thriller!

~ Mina kept to herself. She’d rather that than getting too close to people. After what she’s done, she can’t afford to. Growing up with an abiding father, she felt forced to do the unthinkable. Now, after refusing to help a classmate wait for her ride one evening, her classmate Andrea, was kidnapped. Taken by the notorious “Magician” who’s yet to be caught. Her guilt is now compounded. So much so that she leaves the
Roberta Zacharias
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Over the top

I read a lot this is my kind of book. This guy is such a crazy I read a fun book in the middle to bring happy thoughts back! Worth the read!
Joni Simon
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

I really enjoyed this book. I cared very much about Andrea Fields. I finished the book in no time, I guess because I wanted to make sure she was all right. This is one of my favorite books now. I can't wait to read it again in a year or two.
Diane Dickson
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally gripped from the very start with this book. Right from the first chapter the tension starts to build. You know there are things going on that are dark and desperate. There are enough twists and turns and red herrings to satisfy any reader I think. It is gruesome and gory in parts and desperate. I know it's a cliche but I quite literally could not put it down, the drama ratchets up and up towards the end and it isn't clear just how the poor flawed heroine can ever find a way out - does ...more
Heather Martin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

This is the first time I’ve read anything by this author, so I went into Cruelty’s Daughter with no expectations. I can tell you that this book was a complete surprise and a journey. This book is told by three POV’s, the first and majority by the main character, Mina. Mina was a hard character for me to like. She was selfish and self-centered. If you read the blurb it’s
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read! I felt the tension and was kept on the edge of my seat, for the entire duration! I found myself completely gripped by the story and often caught myself reading ‘just one more chapter’ so that I could find out what was going to happen next.

The pace of the story was perfect, for the genre and writing style. It definitely helped to build up the tension and really make the whole of the book exciting. The author also brilliantly used certain moments to slow the pace,
Viola Calvary
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hope Mina sticks around because she was a fascinating character. Getting into her head was easily the best part of the book.
Twists and turns, overall the plot is well done with a slow build that explodes in the last quarter of the book. It's a lovely combination of mystery and suspense. But really I can't say enough about Mina (without giving it away) except that I would like to see more. That darkness the author creates feels like it's only just started to bloom.
The serial killer is
Joann
"Gripping Psychological Suspense ......" That phrase is used in almost all the taglines of this book. I personally found it boring. I am going to try and stick with authors that I know about from now on, even if I have to pay a few bucks. These freebies just seem to be almost worthless and a waste of my time. It started out fairly good and then went off the rails for me. It seemed liked a lot of fluff and I couldn't connect with any of the characters. The only redeeming thing was the setting in ...more
Elizabeth Berg
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

This should Definately be a movie.
Characters so vivid i felt i knew them intimately.
The story so shocking and real i couldn't put the book down. The ending with twist and turns i did not see coming. The end so haunting, real and final i won't be walking away and putting this book behind me. I will instead be locking my doors and hugging my children more often.
Erik Empson
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps the best yet from Australian author, Anna Willett. A cruel man doesn't quite know what he's letting himself in for when he targets a woman - one who has been there before. A suspenseful story with some real nailbiting moments. Gripping from start to finish.
Linda
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read....

This is an amazing story.. A story of survival, a story of hope but also a story of heartache and what happens when horror strikes out and you become face to face with evil. I was riveted to the story.. The words compelling and heartbreaking.. A great thriller with suspense that has you guessing but fearing what you might find.
Nan Christine  Borton-Smith
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Edge of my seat

This novel is dark & so well written the imagery won’t leave your mind. Disturbing but completely riveting:I will continue to read this author ..but maybe not late at night.
Jo
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved that this was set in Australia. I would take a break from reading, and then read a sentence about the kookaburra and realize - oh, right it's in Australia. There wasn't too much slang though which I like when I read a book set in another culture.
marjorie hall-venmore
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I enjoyed the book it’s a real twist in the tail
I would recommend it
DORIS ROMERO
I really enjoyed this book; and recommend it.
mrs margaret a lloyd
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking

Oh my. This book some up every emotion. Kept you on the edge. Had you wanting to read more but also scared to. Horror at its best
michelle brady
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book I did suss out who the killers was but it was still
A great read. Recommend it x
Phyllis H. Pajka
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have your ever started a book and wondered if you really want to read it? I did with this one but believe me I'm so glad I continued to read it and loved it all the way to the end. Fascinating book and the story keeps you so interested you'll not want to put it down. Please give it a try and remember not to judge it till you're finished. It's one of the best books I've ever read.
paula b
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars +

Crazy suspenseful story ! This story has everything. Excellent characters, drama, suspense.... You really care about the characters, and wonder what will happen. You keep reading to find out. Warning some parts are very creepy and disturbing. It's an excellent story and it takes you on an suspenseful journey......
Will be reading more from this author.
Barbara Williams
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Survival

An edge of your seat lesson in a humans ability to fight for survival. In the face of adversity the human mind and spirit can find it within themselves survive. Sometimes wrongs are committed for the right reasons, whether it be surviving an abusive situation, saving a loved one from needless suffering, finding strength to escape a predicament even if it hurts, or saving someone else from certain death. Great read. Great lesson.
Janet Harrison
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Cruelty's Daughter is such an exciting, amazing book! It had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, I couldn't read it fast enough. Mina is such a strong, lead female character, I would love to read more about her. Expect the unexpected with so many twists and turns, I would love to see this turned into a movie. I highly recommend this book.
Bulldog67
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read! Mina is a woman with a past and lots of secrets. When a young girl asks her to wait with her in a lonely parking lot, Mina refuses and the girl goes missing. With a serial killer at large and the police asking questions, Mina starts receiving cryptic notes. What comes next is a tense and creepy story that kept me transfixed. Highly recommend this surprising thriller.
Paul Harrison
May 30, 2018
Deb Wilson
Feb 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Who Is She? (Jack Anderson #2)
  • Don't Say It
  • Lead Me Home
  • Don't You Dare
  • Lost Angel
  • Her Missing Daughter
  • Now She's Dead (Jack Anderson #1)
  • Deception Wears Many Faces
  • The Woman Who Destroyed Christmas
  • The Girl in Red
  • Don't Look Back
  • You Are Mine
  • The Found Child (The Secrets of Suburbia #2)
  • No Place Like Home
  • Game Players
  • Half The Lies You Tell Are True
  • The Ex
  • My Sister's Daughter
“When Lee looked at her, Mina didn’t see a monster reflected back in his eyes, just a woman. Being with him made it possible to believe there was more to her than the terrible things she’d done.” 0 likes