Start by marking “New York Engagement (Carpe Diem Chronicles 1.5)” as Want to Read:
New York Engagement (Carpe Diem Chronicles 1.5)

New York Engagement

(Carpe Diem Chronicles #1.5)

Love takes you to unexpected places

Krista Lopez has traveled from the white sands of Boracay Island to the bright lights of New York City for love. With Carpe diem as her motto and her boyfriend by her side, she is confident she can take on The Big Apple and the prospect of ...

Meeting the Parents

Blake Ryan won the approval of his girlfriend’s conservative family w

Published May 21st 2018 by EOT Publications

To ask other readers questions about New York Engagement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York Engagement

Start your review of New York Engagement (Carpe Diem Chronicles 1.5)
Danielle's
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
New York Engagement was the the first book I’ve read by this author. I think the characters are interlinked through the books but this can easily be read as a standalone.

Krista and Blake’s trip to New York is anything but ordinary. His attraction and love was instant but Krista’s grew deep. A romantic trip is just the start of this journey. When a twist of fate brings Krista into the heat of Blake’s family.

A short sweet story with a lot of heart.

# competition win
Maida
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love reading family series (Malory/Anderson, Bridgertons, Hathaways, Bedwyns, Sullivans, Montgomery/Armstrong, etc.) and I find myself loving writing them as well.

In NEW YORK ENGAGEMENT, the theme of family is very strong alongside Krista and Blake's growing romance. The Lopezes, the Ryans, and the O'Connors feature prominently and I hope readers take to them as I have.
Nelle @ Nelle's Nightstand Blog
This was a continuation of Blake and Krista's story! Short and sweet and full of lots of twists and turns, Blake and Krista's Christmas trip to NY keeps them on their toes!
Lisa
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love revisiting characters I love!

I knew I’d love this book from the first line, and the reference to one of my favorite movies! “Debra Kerr is right, Krista thought. The Empire State Building was the nearest thing to heaven in New York City.”

This novella is a follow up to Boracay Vows, and we join Blake and Krista when they go to visit Blake’s family for Christmas in New York. I enjoyed learning more about Blake’s family, and meeting some new characters.
I can’t wait for the next installmen
Sera Taíno
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diverse-romance
A sweet and engaging followup to Blake and Krista's story in Boracay Vows, New York Engagement finds our couples in NY during Christmas time. During their vacation, an incident occurs which has far reaching consequences for Krista. I enjoyed meeting the rest of Blake's family and the resolution of a long-standing mystery. I particularly enjoyed the meaningful ways Malby incorporates Krista's culture and the realistic negotiations Blake and Krista must still make as a newly in- love couple. I'm l ...more
Danielle Smith
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this follow-up novella to Boracay Vows we get to see more of Krista and Blake. Yay! This time they’re in NYC meeting Blake’s family. The interactions between family members may be the best part of this one. Without giving anything away, I also really enjoyed the developments that happened for Krista. I really loved this story so much and I cannot wait for the next.
Catherine Stein
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful novella

The family drama kept me turning pages, and I even teared up in a few places. Maida does a fantastic job with even the minor characters, leaving you looking forward to future stories.
Tabetha Waite
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The continuing love story of a wonderfully diverse couple, and the ties of the past that bring their families together. A nice read to end 2018!
Rhonda
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hunger-games
Loved this book! Great characters. Great flow with the story. Easy to read. Dialogue and descriptions were done well. Excellent feel good story. Tasteful steamy scenes with just enough heat! Would highly recommend.

I voluntarily give my review of this book.
Allegra Johnson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
She did it again, Malby crafts a love story with all the feels and more.
Courtney
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A novella published between Carpe Diem Chronicles novels that I missed upon first publication, I made sure to snap it up in time to ring in the New Year (and decade, depending on how you count) with. It was a blast to see Krista and Blake’s engagement and her meeting more of his family (as well as finding out the identity of her own father). Malby’s signature blend of sweetness, scrumptiousness (of course there’s food!), and steaminess is all here.

Claire Annovazzi
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After Boracay vows, I was impatient to see how Blake and Krista’s relationship would evolve. Without much surprise, there isn’t any conflict between them. On the contrary, they’re ready to take the next step. The tension here comes from something else.

We discovered in the first book that Krista never knew her father, and since she’s of mixed race, it’s important for her to know her roots. By an amazing coincidence, she finds her biological father, and now she’s afraid of being rejected. THAT is
Gena
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love Krista and Blake. They support each other and trust each other, even when little things get in the way.

Ms. Malby gets all the details just right here: the chilly Christmas time weather, the sumptuous Plaza Hotel, the food (of course, the food), the steamy romance, the references to religion and celebration of Catholic and Filipino holiday traditions, and the loving and crazy family relationships--this time of Blake's Irish-Italian Catholic family. The inter-racial relationships and c
Sharon
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, romance fans
New York Engagement is a great follow up to Krista and Blake's story from Boracay Vows. I loved meeting all the characters in Blake's family and the family business. Plus Krista learns some unexpected news, a true holiday gift. While the "twist" wasn't surprising to me, I thought it was handled gently and authentically. Right now that is a true hallmark of Maida Malby's contemporary romances, characters that are authentic. And who doesn't want to get engaged in New York City at Christmas time? A ...more
Sheila Thomas
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a continuation of Maida's Boracay Vows New York Engagement. the love story of Blake and Krista. The book reminded me of my own family. We are noisy, loud, and kidding around when we get together with one another. My mother was one of eight children. It makes Blake family seem little. The book was a fast read and I love every minute of it.
Sue
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the sequel to Boracay Vows and getting to know Blake's family. There are some surprises and I love how she weaves the Philippines culture and cuisine within the storyline, you take notice but it does not overwhelm. I am looking forward to more books with this series and getting to know Blake's family and Krista's friends.
Beth Hale
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed New York Engagement.

Malby knows how to grab the reader's attention and keep it.

The plot of this novella is engaging, and I found myself sneaking in reading time at work. It's a beautiful continuation of Krista and Blake's story.

I highly recommend Maida Malby to anyone who enjoys multi-cultural romance or romance in general.
Brooke
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, kindle, recommended
I loved revisiting this sweet couple. A lovely engagement story highlighting the importance of family.
Kat at Book Thingo
Live tweet thread: https://twitter.com/BookThingo/status... #boracayvows ...more
rachelle farvour
Sarah Webber
Nov 23, 2018
Lauriel
Nov 26, 2018

• Just South of Paradise (Willow Beach Inn Book 1)
  • Violence On Vacation (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • To Steal a Highlander's Heart (Highland Fae Chronicles #1)
  • A Summer of Surprises
  • Linked Across Time Volume Three
  • Roman
  • Engaged By Christmas
  • A Christmas Ghost
  • Excursions to Die For (Caribbean Cruise Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • Thunder (Thunder: An Elephant's Journey, #1)
  • Mail Order Susanna
  • Order Up (Gossip to Die For Book 1)
  • Marooned With Darcy: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Giving Her Promise (Crawford Falls Book 2)
  • splitting heirs
  • Deep Blue (Pathway #1)
  • Finding Ms. Wrong: Second Chance Billionaire Romantic comedy (Love Saves Book 1)
  • Suki Seal and the Plastic Ring
Maida Malby cooks up multicultural, foodie, international contemporary romance stories filled with sizzling heat, mouthwatering spice, and a whole lotta love.

She is a member of several writing groups and romance book clubs. Her To-Be-Read Mountain and book reviews are featured on her website www.maidamalby.com.

When not writing, reading, or reviewing books, Maida consults her husband on word select

Carpe Diem Chronicles (3 books)
  • Boracay Vows (Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)
  • Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)
  • Samui Heat (Carpe Diem Chronicles 3)