Start by marking “The Cliff House” as Want to Read:
The Cliff House

The Cliff House

Three women—two sisters and their aunt—and the cliff house on the northern California coast that served as a beacon to them all…

After the death of their mother, sisters Daisy and Beatriz Davenport found a home with their aunt Stella in the beautiful and welcoming town of Cape Sanctuary. They never knew all the dreams that Stella sacrificed to ensure they had everything the
Published March 26th 2019 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cliff House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cliff House

Debra
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After the death of their mother, Beatriz (Bea) and Daisy spent some time in foster care before being raised by their Aunt Stella. Raising her two nieces at a young age, inspired Stella to go on and be a foster parent and start an organization to raise money for children and families in the foster care system.

Each woman has her own issues in this book. Stella walked away from the man she loved to raise her nieces. She has a fulfilling job as a teacher but wants more. She has a secret and it's a b
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

The Cliff House was my first book by RaeAnne Thayne, and I would read another book from her any day of the week. The way she wove together three separate romances was very well done.

There is a lot of family drama and angst in the story, but I didn't feel overwhelmed by it all. I'm actually very surprised at how I was able to focus on the love stories with all of the side plots happening, but somehow I was. Part of me wishes the story had one fewer romance so we could have delved even
Dorine
THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne has everything fans will love, with enough surprises to give you more than one book boyfriend to sigh over.

Daisy Davenport McClure and her sister Bea’s childhood had a positive outcome because of their Aunt Stella. She took them in when their mother died of a drug overdose. The trauma before and after their mother’s death affected their entire lives, even though Stella’s love softened the memories.

When Bea’s famous rocker ex-husband is attacked by a crazy fan, h
Amy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
A few years ago I became a huge fan of Thayne’s contemporary romance series, Haven Point, so when I saw she was releasing a new book with more of a women’s fiction feel I was SO interested. There is still some of her trademark sweet romance here, but it definitely explores the dynamics of the women in the Davenport family while the romance plays a much smaller role giving it a more mature vibe.

This is told via multiple viewpoints, you hear from Stella, Daisy, Bea and even Gabe, who is Daisy’s lo
The Lit Bitch
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
RaeAnne Thayne is a newer to me author. I have only just started reading her books this year but so far I have loved them! She is such a strong and seasoned writer and that experience shows in her stories.

When this one came up for review, I was on board not only because I have enjoyed her books, but I was also looking for something a little lighter to break things up.

Lately I have been reading a lot of thrillers and more heavy duty novels, and not that she writes fluff (far from it) but there is
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it

Stella, Bea, and Daisy are all fierce females bound to stay together, stay close and protect what they’ve fought so hard to get. Stella has a heart of gold, she lives through the lives she touches everyday and is an amazing advocate for foster care. She never second guessed her decision to push her life on the back burner to help her nieces, shes longed for the love from her past, until he showed up on her door step. Ed, a doctor returning to the area with a daughter in tow, reaches out
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Daisy, Bea, and Stella. I love you all.A stunning example of women overcoming and doing the absolute best for themselves and each other. I feel as if this is going to a perfect addition to any springtime/summer reading list. Especially if there is a book club involved. Each woman has her own story. Each is unique and captivating and each are part and sum of the whole.

I truly enjoyed The Cliff House. Laughter, tears, understanding and growth. What I call book perfection.

TwitterFac
Gail
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for my honest review and I received no compensation for my review.
A heartwarming story of family life and finding your one true love. I love on RaeAnne Thayne draws you into the story like you are one of the characters. This story is more complicated than her other stories. A great story!
Chris Conley
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RaeAnne Thayne creates complicated, multi-faceted characters in the most wonderful way. Each time I meet folks she creates I want to know more and more about them and find out what happens next. This is a lovely book.
Siobhan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoyed a few RaeAnne Thayne books and was eager to dive into The Cliff House when I heard there was a new standalone for me to jump into. Although I have given this one a three-star rating, know I had a big debate with this one. A part of me wanted to round my three-point-five-star rating up, and I almost did, but the part of me that compared it to my other RaeAnne Thayne reads had me rounding down.

I did have a lot of fun with this one – as always, RaeAnne Thayne sucked me in de
Heather
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
RaeAnne Thayne's latest novel is a terrific novel of three women and their journey to find love. Bea and Daisy were taken in by their aunt, Stella, after their mother's death. But in the year before they went to live to Stella, both girls were forever changed by the foster care system. That year away from family changed the lives of all three women in fact and maybe just maybe, twenty years later some of those scars will heal as each finds love and acceptance.
While each of these women do find r
Laura//lauralovestoread Gelinas
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, hqn, 2019-aty
“𝙸𝚝 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝. 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗. 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢.”

The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne was a beautiful story of three different women. Sisters Beatriz and Daisy, and their Aunt Stella, who is more like a young Mother to them after losing their own troubled Mom to a drug addiction many years before.

This was my first
Mary
Review copy from HQN, NetGalley, Little Bird Publicity in exchange for my honest review.

RaeAnne Thayne’s new stand-alone novel is about three women on the precipice of change. The events that transpired years earlier will determine their futures unless and until they find the courage to go after the future they desire.

When sisters Daisy and Beatriz were young girls, orphaned after their mother overdosed, they were taken in and cared for by their young aunt, Stella. Stella hadn’t even graduated f
booksofallkinds
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book via Netgalley

I absolutely adored THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne and it has quickly become my favourite book from this author so far.

When Daisy and Bea's flighty mother died suddenly when they were children, they were separated and spent a year in the system before their young aunt, Stella, heard what happened and saved them. Now they are all grown women with their own lives, careers, and families in the stunning town of Cape Sanctuary but as always life has i
Melanie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great ready by RaeAnne Thayne! I was not sure what to expect from this book, but I got so much more than I ever thought could be in one books! We not only get one, but three love stories that we get to see unfold as we follow Stella, Daisy and Bea in this lovely read. I love how RaeAnne Thayne makes you feel like you fit right in with the everyday lives of the characters. I fell in love with all the characters in their own special way.

When Stella was in her early twenties, she took custo
Michele
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars - An HJ Top Pick!!

The Cliff House was another stunning, emotionally-charged novel by RaeAnne Thayne in which she swept me away with our three heroines from the beginning, while they were on their arduous journey to find peace, love, and acceptance.

Part women’s fiction, part contemporary romance, but all heart, The Cliff House was everything I love about RaeAnne Thayne’s writing. (And look at that beautiful book cover! She has the
Kathryn
The Cliff House is a really wonderful read - I think my favorite from this author. It abounds with love and family and care for the wider community.

Stella is a middle school teacher, a "mother" to her two nieces and a beloved foster mother to many another child. But... she is only forty and she hankers for her own child.Her two nieces are now grown women, a credit to her and themselves - yet some things are not yet sorted.

Bea is a great mother to Mari, born of a marriage to a rock star, that ha
Evelyn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for www.buriedunderromance.com
THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne has everything: Second chance at love, friends to lovers, a new romance, family and a little French bulldog who will steal your heart. While reading, I found myself experiencing a whole range of emotions: Interest, confusion, frustration, happiness, heart-break, gladness, sadness. You name it. From smiles to tears and back to smiles.

Daisy and Bea were teenagers when their mother died of a drug overdose. The time they spen
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
#FirstLine ~ A man was staring at her in the oral care aisle.

I love books that follow multiple characters because you get to really explore numerous lives concurrency. The Cliff House provided the reader a story filled with characters that have to travel their own path to find what happiness really means to them. They are forced to confront their past to be able to fully live their futures free of those past burdens. Each of the characters in this book had their own struggles and realized that t
Diane Saul
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bea and Daisy had a great childhood thanks to their Aunt Stella taking them in after their Mother’s drug overdose. Their Aunts loving care helped overcome some of the trauma from their past but it still impacts their lives.

There are 3 romances to root for in this book. This is a sweet, touching story with a lot of clever dialogue. It is a bit predictable but still an enjoyable way to pass an afternoon. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.

Jayme
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel honored to have read the stories of Stella, Bea and Daisy. I almost put the book down when Stella was being unreasonable with the dr.
This story has many ups and downs, twists and losses. I love how the characters became entwined, and I think that the ending was perfection.
I will definitely be rereading this story, just in case I missed something in my race to see how the characters ended up.
Bethany
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

The Cliff House is perfect if you are looking for a book with sweet romance, sisterhood, and complex family dynamics. It also does a great job talking about foster care- with both positive and negative portrayals and discussions of the real need for good foster parents.

The story follows three women- two sisters and the aunt who raised them- at crossroads in their lives. Bea is a single mother, raising her daughter while her celebrity musician ex-husband tours the world wi
Michelle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This books is so good!!! Daisy and Bea lose their mother early in life and their aunt Stella raises them. She’s a teacher who’s always dreamed of having her own child. She’s fostered many kids and helped lots of them out. She’s 40 so it seems her time to have a child has passed. That’s all I will say about that. Then you get into the story and you find some things out about each one of the people and I will say it was really hard to put the book down. This is definitely one I will be going back ...more
Debi Lantzer
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5 stars!

When I heard this book was available for review - The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne - from Little Bird Publicity, I was all over it! I have read a couple of her over 60 books in the past, and I have never been disappointed, so I was very excited to get my hands on this book.  While there was an electronic copy of the book available on NetGalley, I really wanted to get my hands on a print copy since they've always been my favorite to read.

Now that I'm home recovering from a recen
Gale
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cliff House takes a deeper look into the lives of two sisters and the aunt that raised them. Each one has a story to be told and they are so different, yet the very core of these women is the same. I won’t try to retell the story however I can say a bit about each of them. There’s Daisy Davenport, financial planner extraordinaire! With the most amazing meet-cute, she heads down a path with Gabe Ellison that leads both of them to discover things about each other, and themselves, that just tou ...more
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Every time I open a new RaeAnne Thayne novel I put a box of tissues right next to me because I know she is going hit me right in the feels. THE CLIFF HOUSE was no exception. The story follows three women, two sisters (Daisy and Beatriz) and their aunt (Stella) who saved them from foster care and raised them.

I’m not sure how Ms. Thayne strikes the perfect balance of family drama, multiple romances, and personal discovery. She packs so much story into a relatively short amount of pages, and I am i
Books and Spoons
A story of family, sisterhood, and connection deeper than time and distance, a tale of love, hope, and trust, a journey to learn to dare to take the leap of love, jump into the unknown, and trust the soulmate will be there to catch you just when you need it.
There's a lot of living and loving in this story of three women living in a small California coastal town. Ms. Thayne tells stories that go directly to the hearts of the readers. She draws characters that are easy to connect with, to learn t
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

Bette Hansen
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully told story of family, relationships, sacrifices, and most of all love. Daisey and Bev come to live with their Aunt Stella in Cape Sanctuary after their mother passed away. They never knew the personal sacrifices Stella made for them. Now they are all grown up and back in Cape Sanctuary. Secrets will be revealed, new love found, along with twists, turns and trouble along the way. Yet at the very core there is always love and the steady hand of family. This story is also full ...more
Cathy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This standalone book by RaeAnne Thayne is about love. There are many kinds of love and this book encompasses many of them – between best friends, an aunt and her nieces, sisters, former lovers, parent and child, a new chance and even with a pet. I enjoyed every bit of the story. There were several sub stories but the chapters were titled to let you know which main character was continuing on her (or his) journey. Stella took in her two nieces when they were placed in foster care after the death ...more
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t