Start by marking “The Cliff House” as Want to Read:
The Cliff House

The Cliff House

Three women—two sisters and their aunt—and the cliff house on the northern California coast that served as a beacon to them all…

After the death of their mother, sisters Daisy and Beatriz Davenport found a home with their aunt Stella in the beautiful and welcoming town of Cape Sanctuary. They never knew all the dreams that Stella sacrificed to ensure they had everything the
Published March 26th 2019 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about The Cliff House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cliff House

Start your review of The Cliff House
Debra
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After the death of their mother, Beatriz (Bea) and Daisy spent some time in foster care before being raised by their Aunt Stella. Raising her two nieces at a young age, inspired Stella to go on and be a foster parent and start an organization to raise money for children and families in the foster care system.

Each woman has her own issues in this book. Stella walked away from the man she loved to raise her nieces. She has a fulfilling job as a teacher but wants more. She has a secret and it's a b
Katie B

Enjoyed this one but I think certain storylines were not developed to their max potential because the story bounced around too much between different characters. This is one of the few times I will say the author easily could have added some more pages to the story as a few of the endings felt a bit rushed.

Sisters Daisy and Beatriz Davenport were raised by their aunt Stella after their mother died. Daisy and Bea are all grown up now and live in the picturesque town of Cape Sanctuary.

B
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
My first book by Thayne and I LOVED it.
I love the family and the positive vide through out the whole book. It was riveting from beginning to end. I love a happy ending and the numerus love stories were wonderful. I was intoxicated the whole time I was reading The Cliff House.
Now some one please tell me what I should read next by Thayne. Stand alone please!
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

The Cliff House was my first book by RaeAnne Thayne, and I would read another book from her any day of the week. The way she wove together three separate romances was very well done.

There is a lot of family drama and angst in the story, but I didn't feel overwhelmed by it all. I'm actually very surprised at how I was able to focus on the love stories with all of the side plots happening, but somehow I was. Part of me wishes the story had one fewer romance so we could have delved even
Dorine
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of fun, glitzy and a bit eccentric characters
THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne has everything fans will love, with enough surprises to give you more than one book boyfriend to sigh over.

Daisy Davenport McClure and her sister Bea’s childhood had a positive outcome because of their Aunt Stella. She took them in when their mother died of a drug overdose. The trauma before and after their mother’s death affected their entire lives, even though Stella’s love softened the memories.

When Bea’s famous rocker ex-husband is attacked by a crazy fan, h
Amy
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
A few years ago I became a huge fan of Thayne’s contemporary romance series, Haven Point, so when I saw she was releasing a new book with more of a women’s fiction feel I was SO interested. There is still some of her trademark sweet romance here, but it definitely explores the dynamics of the women in the Davenport family while the romance plays a much smaller role giving it a more mature vibe.

This is told via multiple viewpoints, you hear from Stella, Daisy, Bea and even Gabe, who is Daisy’s lo
The Lit Bitch
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
RaeAnne Thayne is a newer to me author. I have only just started reading her books this year but so far I have loved them! She is such a strong and seasoned writer and that experience shows in her stories.

When this one came up for review, I was on board not only because I have enjoyed her books, but I was also looking for something a little lighter to break things up.

Lately I have been reading a lot of thrillers and more heavy duty novels, and not that she writes fluff (far from it) but there is
Siobhan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoyed a few RaeAnne Thayne books and was eager to dive into The Cliff House when I heard there was a new standalone for me to jump into. Although I have given this one a three-star rating, know I had a big debate with this one. A part of me wanted to round my three-point-five-star rating up, and I almost did, but the part of me that compared it to my other RaeAnne Thayne reads had me rounding down.

I did have a lot of fun with this one – as always, RaeAnne Thayne sucked me in de
Mayda
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a story of an aunt, the two sisters she raises, and the men who love them. Stella is just a college student when she learns her sister had died a year ago, leaving her two daughters in foster care. Stella immediately changes her life and leaves the man she loves so he can continue on his career path unencumbered by a ready-made family. Now it is years later, the sisters are grown, and Ed finds his way back to the town where Stella lives. In the meantime, Bea, a kind of wild child, has m ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Daisy, Bea, and Stella. I love you all.A stunning example of women overcoming and doing the absolute best for themselves and each other. I feel as if this is going to a perfect addition to any springtime/summer reading list. Especially if there is a book club involved. Each woman has her own story. Each is unique and captivating and each are part and sum of the whole.

I truly enjoyed The Cliff House. Laughter, tears, understanding and growth. What I call book perfection.

TwitterF
Terri Wino
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2019
3-1/2 stars rounded up to 4.

I enjoyed this story about sisters Daisy and Bea and their Aunt Stella. Each had their own storyline that was interesting on its own. This is actually why I knocked off 1/2 a star in my rating -- having three main stories in one book sort of kept me from connecting with the characters as much as I usually do with a RaeAnne Thayne book. I almost wish The Cliff House would have been broken up into three separate short books to really appreciate these ladies.

That aside,
Chris Conley
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RaeAnne Thayne creates complicated, multi-faceted characters in the most wonderful way. Each time I meet folks she creates I want to know more and more about them and find out what happens next. This is a lovely book.
Heather
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
RaeAnne Thayne's latest novel is a terrific novel of three women and their journey to find love. Bea and Daisy were taken in by their aunt, Stella, after their mother's death. But in the year before they went to live to Stella, both girls were forever changed by the foster care system. That year away from family changed the lives of all three women in fact and maybe just maybe, twenty years later some of those scars will heal as each finds love and acceptance.
While each of these women do find r
Mary
Review copy from HQN, NetGalley, Little Bird Publicity in exchange for my honest review.

RaeAnne Thayne’s new stand-alone novel is about three women on the precipice of change. The events that transpired years earlier will determine their futures unless and until they find the courage to go after the future they desire.

When sisters Daisy and Beatriz were young girls, orphaned after their mother overdosed, they were taken in and cared for by their young aunt, Stella. Stella hadn’t even graduated f
Gail
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for my honest review and I received no compensation for my review.
A heartwarming story of family life and finding your one true love. I love on RaeAnne Thayne draws you into the story like you are one of the characters. This story is more complicated than her other stories. A great story!
Laura • lauralovestoread
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 2019-aty, harlequin
“𝙸𝚝 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝. 𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗. 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢.”

The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne was a beautiful story of three different women. Sisters Beatriz and Daisy, and their Aunt Stella, who is more like a young Mother to them after losing their own troubled Mom to a drug addiction many years before.

This was my first
Cathy Daniel
Mar 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book! I loved the 3 romances. I wasn’t as enthralled with Daisy. She got on my nerves. But loved the others much! Sweet ending :) this is the second book of hers I read and I really appreciate how her books are clean.
booksofallkinds
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book via Netgalley

I absolutely adored THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne and it has quickly become my favourite book from this author so far.

When Daisy and Bea's flighty mother died suddenly when they were children, they were separated and spent a year in the system before their young aunt, Stella, heard what happened and saved them. Now they are all grown women with their own lives, careers, and families in the stunning town of Cape Sanctuary but as always life has i
Kathryn
The Cliff House is a really wonderful read - I think my favorite from this author. It abounds with love and family and care for the wider community.

Stella is a middle school teacher, a "mother" to her two nieces and a beloved foster mother to many another child. But... she is only forty and she hankers for her own child.Her two nieces are now grown women, a credit to her and themselves - yet some things are not yet sorted.

Bea is a great mother to Mari, born of a marriage to a rock star, that ha
Melanie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great ready by RaeAnne Thayne! I was not sure what to expect from this book, but I got so much more than I ever thought could be in one books! We not only get one, but three love stories that we get to see unfold as we follow Stella, Daisy and Bea in this lovely read. I love how RaeAnne Thayne makes you feel like you fit right in with the everyday lives of the characters. I fell in love with all the characters in their own special way.

When Stella was in her early twenties, she took custo
Joleen
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Ms. Thayne is a new-to-me author with delightful style. Wonderful characters with the sort of depth only a good author could portray.

There were three main characters, all women: a forty-year-old middle school English teacher and her two thirty-something nieces. The women's names are Stella, Daisy and Beatriz respectively.

Years before, Stella pretty much put her life on hold to take in her teenage nieces when her sister died. But the year they were in foster-care, before she found out about the
Evelyn
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for www.buriedunderromance.com
THE CLIFF HOUSE by RaeAnne Thayne has everything: Second chance at love, friends to lovers, a new romance, family and a little French bulldog who will steal your heart. While reading, I found myself experiencing a whole range of emotions: Interest, confusion, frustration, happiness, heart-break, gladness, sadness. You name it. From smiles to tears and back to smiles.

Daisy and Bea were teenagers when their mother died of a drug overdose. The time they spen
Asheley
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

This is a solid women's fiction story. I've only read RaeAnne Thayne's romances before this one, and I adore them so much. The Cliff house was also good but I wish I had more from pretty much every character. There are multiple POV's, particularly Aunt Stella and her two nieces Bea and Daisy, and each one of these characters had a romance story. They were all good, but I wouldn't have minded a deeper dive into these relationships.

Audiobook Notes: I added the audiobook via purchase from Lib
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
#FirstLine ~ A man was staring at her in the oral care aisle.

I love books that follow multiple characters because you get to really explore numerous lives concurrency. The Cliff House provided the reader a story filled with characters that have to travel their own path to find what happiness really means to them. They are forced to confront their past to be able to fully live their futures free of those past burdens. Each of the characters in this book had their own struggles and realized that t
Diane Saul
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bea and Daisy had a great childhood thanks to their Aunt Stella taking them in after their Mother’s drug overdose. Their Aunts loving care helped overcome some of the trauma from their past but it still impacts their lives.

There are 3 romances to root for in this book. This is a sweet, touching story with a lot of clever dialogue. It is a bit predictable but still an enjoyable way to pass an afternoon. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.

Stephenee
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recently found author RaeAnne Thayne and I am so glad that I did. Her books are real, her locations are fun and the reader is instantly drawn to the characters and their locations. The books have a great plot, are fast moving, keep the readers attention and make the reader feel like they are a part of the story.

This book gives us a vacation while we are sitting in our living rooms. I highly recommend this book and this author! A must read -
Dee
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Two-haiku review:

Aunt raised two nieces
Each of three has own issues
Can each find true love?

Enjoyable read
Resolution seemed easy
But loved HEA
Jayme
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel honored to have read the stories of Stella, Bea and Daisy. I almost put the book down when Stella was being unreasonable with the dr.
This story has many ups and downs, twists and losses. I love how the characters became entwined, and I think that the ending was perfection.
I will definitely be rereading this story, just in case I missed something in my race to see how the characters ended up.
Bethany
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

The Cliff House is perfect if you are looking for a book with sweet romance, sisterhood, and complex family dynamics. It also does a great job talking about foster care- with both positive and negative portrayals and discussions of the real need for good foster parents.

The story follows three women- two sisters and the aunt who raised them- at crossroads in their lives. Bea is a single mother, raising her daughter while her celebrity musician ex-husband tours the world wi
Michelle
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This books is so good!!! Daisy and Bea lose their mother early in life and their aunt Stella raises them. She’s a teacher who’s always dreamed of having her own child. She’s fostered many kids and helped lots of them out. She’s 40 so it seems her time to have a child has passed. That’s all I will say about that. Then you get into the story and you find some things out about each one of the people and I will say it was really hard to put the book down. This is definitely one I will be going back ...more
Play Book Tag: The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne - 4 stars 2 9 May 26, 2019 05:52PM

• The View from Alameda Island
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Window on the Bay
  • The Summer Retreat (Moonlight Harbor, #3)
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Summer on Mirror Lake (Honeymoon Harbor)
  • Beachside Beginnings: A Moonlight Harbor Novel
  • The Little Teashop on Main
  • California Girls
  • The Lemon Sisters (Wildstone, #3)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • One Perfect Summer
  • The Goodbye Café (The Hudson Sisters #3)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Cottage at the Beach (The Off Season #1)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t