Start by marking “Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny” as Want to Read:
Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny

Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny

Grandma Dangerous & The Dog Of Destiny ...more
Published June 30th 2018 by Orchard Books

To ask other readers questions about Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny

Start your review of Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny
Caspette
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What fun this story was! An exciting adventure novel with a Grandma who could be best described as loose with rules, a young boy whose father has gone missing, a stolen dog, a guinea pig, a new friend, two crooks and a hot air ballon.

This book takes the reader on a journey across the world to Humpty Doo Australia (yes that is a place). When Grandma Dangerous and Ollie decide to help find Ollie’s missing father.

The story gets increasingly mad crap and hilarious as it progresses. The illustration
Pauline
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of David Walliams and Roald Dahl will enjoy this madcap adventure. This is one of those stories that makes delicious fun of adults, in particular parents, and their worrying ways. Ollie’s mum, who is a health and safety officer, is completely controlling but when she has to go and look after her injured sister Lucy, Ollie is left in the care of his paternal grandmother, nicknamed Grandma Dangerous. Of course, Grandma has this time promised to be on her best behaviour. Ollie’s dad, a famous ...more
Sarria Butler
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
What fun!

Completely compatible for David Walliams fans, this Granny will put a smile on your face.

Our main characters are ridiculously lovable. Grandma Dangerous is the Grandma we've all probably wanted; the no vegetables, all sugar, adventurer extraordinaire.
While the story takes the reader to Australia and back to England, it flows so beautifully and you don't really notice they take the trip on a hot air balloon.

I do wish the author had been a little more humorous, as the story does allow fo
Seawood
I received this as a free ebook from Netgalley. This does not affect my review.

Grandma Dangerous is properly laugh-out-loud funny. When Ollie's explorer dad goes missing in Australia, and his health-and-safety-conscious mum has to go away to "look after Aunt Lucy", Grandma Dangerous is drafted in to babysit. Which she has no intention of doing. Joined by sidekick-from-school Piper and a mysterious stolen dog, Grandma breaks every rule in the book in pursuit of Dad. "Dangerous" isn't just her nic
Vicky
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grandma Dangerous and The Dog of Destiny has got to be my favourite book of the year. I loved it from start to finish. Grandma Dangerous is the most outrageous Grandma you are ever likely to meet, and she is the kind of Grandma we secretly wish we all had! We join her and Olly, his friend Piper, the hamster and a dog with magical powers on a madcap adventure that will have you glued to the page. Chased by villains, Ed and Bert, they scoot across the world in a hot air balloon to find Olly’s fath ...more
Mariclair Smit
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Kita Mitchell’s Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny makes for an exciting and enjoyable adventure for kids aged eight to 10 years, however, adults can also expect a giggle or two.
My full review is available here: https://highwaymail.co.za/304714/read...
Jill Smith
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun book. Ollie is being left at home with his Grandmother looking after him for two whole weeks. His mum is a ‘Health and Safety’ Award winner and she is very protective of him. He can’t do much and neither can most of the people in town. Grandma Dangerous is hilarious and the adventures are sure to delight youngsters. I’m hoping my granddaughter reads a chapter each night.
Isabella
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked it and so did my brother.
Laura Noakes
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
a brilliantly funny madcap adventure w/ a delightfully lovable grandma at its centre
Lotty
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this, lots of laugh out loud moments and I can't wait to start the second book.
Fatinamudz
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A funny and light reading with this one. Such enjoyable reading.

Full review will be up on my blog soon.
Ester
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
L-J Lacey
Aug 29, 2018
James Reed
Mar 09, 2019
Sharon Hill
My daughter read this by herself and found it very funny, every now and then I'll hear her giggling to herself xx
Matthew

• Slime
  • Billionaire Boy
  • Domas ir Tomas. Dingusios knygos mįslė
  • Das Eselchen Grisella
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5, Part 1)
  • Catmagic (Animalmagic, #1)
  • The Twits