Start by marking “Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny: Book 1” as Want to Read:
Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny: Book 1

Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny: Book 1

WARNING: DO NOT GIVE THIS BOOK TO YOUR OWN GRANDMA. SHE MIGHT GET IDEAS...

Danger is her middle name!

Ollie's dad is missing - but Grandma Dangerous is on the case! She has a hot-air balloon, thirty packets of biscuits and a pooch with magical powers (she says).

But as they sail through the skies, Ollie realises they're not just on a rescue mission...

Grandma's on the run!

"Thr
Expected publication: June 22nd 2021 by Orchard Books

Start your review of Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny: Book 1
Caspette
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What fun this story was! An exciting adventure novel with a Grandma who could be best described as loose with rules, a young boy whose father has gone missing, a stolen dog, a guinea pig, a new friend, two crooks and a hot air ballon.

This book takes the reader on a journey across the world to Humpty Doo Australia (yes that is a place). When Grandma Dangerous and Ollie decide to help find Ollie’s missing father.

The story gets increasingly mad crap and hilarious as it progresses. The illustration
Pauline
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of David Walliams and Roald Dahl will enjoy this madcap adventure. This is one of those stories that makes delicious fun of adults, in particular parents, and their worrying ways. Ollie’s mum, who is a health and safety officer, is completely controlling but when she has to go and look after her injured sister Lucy, Ollie is left in the care of his paternal grandmother, nicknamed Grandma Dangerous. Of course, Grandma has this time promised to be on her best behaviour. Ollie’s dad, a famous ...more
Sarria Butler
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
What fun!

Completely compatible for David Walliams fans, this Granny will put a smile on your face.

Our main characters are ridiculously lovable. Grandma Dangerous is the Grandma we've all probably wanted; the no vegetables, all sugar, adventurer extraordinaire.
While the story takes the reader to Australia and back to England, it flows so beautifully and you don't really notice they take the trip on a hot air balloon.

I do wish the author had been a little more humorous, as the story does allow fo
Seawood
I received this as a free ebook from Netgalley. This does not affect my review.

Grandma Dangerous is properly laugh-out-loud funny. When Ollie's explorer dad goes missing in Australia, and his health-and-safety-conscious mum has to go away to "look after Aunt Lucy", Grandma Dangerous is drafted in to babysit. Which she has no intention of doing. Joined by sidekick-from-school Piper and a mysterious stolen dog, Grandma breaks every rule in the book in pursuit of Dad. "Dangerous" isn't just her nic
Vicky
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grandma Dangerous and The Dog of Destiny has got to be my favourite book of the year. I loved it from start to finish. Grandma Dangerous is the most outrageous Grandma you are ever likely to meet, and she is the kind of Grandma we secretly wish we all had! We join her and Olly, his friend Piper, the hamster and a dog with magical powers on a madcap adventure that will have you glued to the page. Chased by villains, Ed and Bert, they scoot across the world in a hot air balloon to find Olly’s fath ...more
Mariclair Smit
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Kita Mitchell’s Grandma Dangerous and the Dog of Destiny makes for an exciting and enjoyable adventure for kids aged eight to 10 years, however, adults can also expect a giggle or two.
My full review is available here: https://highwaymail.co.za/304714/read...
Jill Smith
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun book. Ollie is being left at home with his Grandmother looking after him for two whole weeks. His mum is a ‘Health and Safety’ Award winner and she is very protective of him. He can’t do much and neither can most of the people in town. Grandma Dangerous is hilarious and the adventures are sure to delight youngsters. I’m hoping my granddaughter reads a chapter each night.
Isabella
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked it and so did my brother.
Laura Noakes
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
a brilliantly funny madcap adventure w/ a delightfully lovable grandma at its centre
Fatinamudz
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A funny and light reading with this one. Such enjoyable reading.

Full review will be up on my blog soon.
Ester
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
L-J Lacey
Aug 29, 2018
James Reed
Mar 09, 2019
Sharon Hill
My daughter read this by herself and found it very funny, every now and then I'll hear her giggling to herself xx ...more
Matthew
Mar 08, 2020
Rachel Chambers
Aug 31, 2019

• The 130-Story Treehouse
  • National Trust: The Secret Diary of Jane Pinny, a Victorian House Maid (Secret Diary Series Book 2)
  • Friend or Foe
  • Apocalypse Kings
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)
  • Chook Shed Snake
  • Under the Hawthorn Tree (Children of the Famine #1)
  • Vicky Angel
  • Misty the Abandoned Kitten
  • A Warrior's Spirit (Warriors Novellas, #16-18)
  • The First Christmas Jumper and the Sheep Who Changed Everything
  • Legends of the Clans (Warriors Novellas, #10-12)
  • The Giant Diamond Robbery
  • Bramblestar's Storm (Warriors Super Edition, #7)
  • Tallstar's Revenge (Warriors Super Edition, #6)
  • Attack of the Demon Dinner Ladies (Baby Aliens, #4)
  • A Fabumouse Vacation for Geronimo (Geronimo Stilton, #9)
  • Das Eselchen Grisella