Start by marking “Shoes & Ties (& Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Shoes & Ties (& Series #1)

Shoes & Ties

(Shoes & Ties #1)

Ashten Brody is a chef fresh out of college. He lands his dream job working as a personal chef to Trent Cole, local luxury hotel owner. As it turns out, Trent is also his dream man.

After working together, the two are unable to deny their attraction. One late night they can’t hold back any longer. Too bad Ashten rushes off soon after.

In the weeks that follow, it appears
Published May 12th 2018 (first published October 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shoes & Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shoes & Ties

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hof, ebook, mm

Review written for Hearts on Fire Reviews.

This was a really sweet story about a young Chef, Ashten Brody, who takes a job as personal chef to successful hotel owner, Trent Cole. These guys are mutually attracted to each other when they meet at Ashten’s interview. But, they each sort of put it aside and begin their professional relationship.

As it turns out, Ashten’s family has a prior connection to Trent, in that his father’s company built and designed Trent’s home and did renovations on his hot
Heather C
This was my latest challenge book chosen by JustJen for me to read; and to keep myself in suspense, I didn’t even read the blurb before diving in.

Shoes & Ties is a cute little story about Ashten Brody, a young personal chef, falling for his boss, Trent Cole, a wealthy hotel owner.  Trent wants someone in his home to cook his daily meals, and of course he can’t get the attractive Ashten out of his head.  All that leads to increased sexual tension between Trent and Ashten…until they finally gi
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

Ah yes, the once burned wealthy older successful man Trent and the young talented happy Ashten with the great family.
Ashten takes care of feeding Trent and both are dancing around their attraction for each other until they decide to stop dancing and actually tango.
All is well, they are falling for each other and then...*cue creepy jaws theme music* it happens...
Then Trent does the honorable and well intentioned but incredibly stupid thing that they always do in books..( and really your i
Karen
Full review to follow soonish...included with my review for book #3 'Forever & Always' https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
~Volha~
This is a cute short novella. It was easy to read and enjoy. The plot was not complicated but the writing style was flowing and I read it in one sitting. This is one of those short reads that you can use to decompress. It's nice, light and funny.

Ashten is a young chef who is seeking a job with the wealthy hotelier Trent. Sparks fly right away but they dance around their mutual attraction due to employer/employee status. The relationship between them turns from professional to friendly to sexy w
Ayla
This as a sweet, feel-good book. I immediately liked Ashten and Trent. When both the MCs meet, there was the best sort of sexual tension. It was easy to want to jump right in after that first encounter. I really enjoyed the dialogue in this book as well as the inter-dialogue. It was fast-paced and entertaining.

This story kept me smiling and giggling. It was sweet and an easygoing book. There was a little drama towards the end but it kept things interesting and I liked it.

I wanted more out of A
mw138

This is a pleasant opposites attract story. It's relatively uncomplicated and a very easy read. I really liked Ashten and his family, but it took a while to warm up to Trent. He seemed a little over-the-top with his judgments, but some of the reasoning behind that is eventually revealed. If you're in the mood for a sweet story with little angst, this is the book for you!

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

For more m/m romance reviews
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
4 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

This book is a great book for those snuggly days when you want to curl up with a heart warming read. It really was a lovely romantic story.

Ashten applies for the personal chef position, working for Trent Cole – mostly based at his house. Which is gonna be interesting ;-) Both guys think “oooh” when they meet at the interview. Both guys assume the other one is straight … they are both wrong. Obviously.

When Ashten gets the job Trent makes it clear abou
Alexleo
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the kind of story out of fairytales. You have two hard working MCs, one is a perfectionist young cook, with a killer body, addicted to running in order to burn the calories of his delicious cookies and meals and the other his boss, who is the employer everyone dreams of having: caring for his employees, who doesn't work on weekends, has an incredible house and plans ahead incredible perfect surprises for his boyfriend. There is a great caring supportive family and, of course, there is a ...more
Tanja
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and charming novella, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. The writing is flowing and captivating from the first till the last page. The characters were really inspiring, and I was engrossed in their lives.
Ashten becomes private chef to Trent, a savvy businessman. They have that immediate click, but they are too professional to act on it. Although this is a fast-moving novella, it had a slow-burn feeling to it. I could feel the tension between the two men build up. They are cute
R
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Ashten is a newly graduated chef. Accepting his first job as a personal chef is exciting for him. His boss Trent is also exciting. They both feel the attraction but are determined to not give into it. When they do there is no going back. Both thinking it's a mistake but unable to stop their feelings.

Their relationship is just starting when someone from Trents past hurts Ashten. Trent, trying to protect him, leaves Ashten when he needs him the most. Causing Ashten to think they are already done.

C
Amy Dufera
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This whole series revolves around Ashten and his twin brother, Jesse.

Shoes & Ties is a sweet, short romance that centers around Ashten and Trent.
When Ashten starts working for Trent, the sparks fly. Ashten has landed by dream job, working for Trent, and has found his perfect man, in Trent. Unfortunately, someone is after Ashten.

I really enjoy Ashten and Trent. They are romantic and sweet together.

There are some good secondary characters who add to the story, some of whom get their own love s
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I love this book! This is a well-written, delightful story that left me feeling so happy. It is up-beat, hilarious, has lots of hot sex, low angst and the characters are wonderful. I love the family dynamic between Ashten, Jesse, Bryce and their dad. They all love, support and accept each other. Trent and Ashten are great together and I love how their relationship develops from employer/employee to something more. I will definitely be reading more books by Jena Wade and I can't wait to read the ...more
Violet  Marshall
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in The & Series. A charming book the writing was great. I read this book in one sitting. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters wonderful. The characters were developed and thought out. Ashten and Trent are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, slashed tires, a personal chef, a hotel, a restaurant, a stalker, a marathon, family and more in this book. I can recommend as a good read. I voluntarily read an advan ...more
Esther Alayeto
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short, quick, and sweet read that I really enjoyed. Great start to this series. Love the storyline, it kept me entertained all th way through. Ashten and Trent are wonderful characters who meet when Ashten interviews to be Trent's personal chef. Their chemistry is undeniable and it just builds as they work together until they finally give in! A few twists and turns in this overall feel good read.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Keith
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story
An interesting story line with a bit of tension and a touch of danger centers this short romance. Decent character development for the length of the story. Ends with leading promise there will be a happy future.
Kaila
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These 3 books are so much fun to read. they are adorable and sweet and made me very happy. it was sweet and easy going which is a nice change from my dark i have been reading. I love a good light fluffy and the 3rd book made me happy with an ending to the series. i loved them
Dixiecowgirl
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story about two men who find an attraction that leads to love. Trent and Ashten attraction leads to love. The writing is good and the story-line is fun and sweet. Easy to read and enjoy story.

I was gifted this book from the author and i freely give my review
Linda
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, scary and sexy. Well written, interesting characters and good dialogue.
An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Connie
Shoes & Ties was cute. It’s an easy book, the one you pick up when you don’t want too much of anything in terms of plot complications, you just want to get lost in a book, read for the pleasure of reading. While there is room for some drama and some sexy times, I did enjoy this book.

They are immediately attracted to each other, but it is not insta-love. Which is great because I don’t like that at all. There is attraction but there is also caution. Both men are worried about what a relationsh
Claudia Lezár
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-romance
4,5 stars

PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!
To my ratings (thanks to amazon I had to change it again and 'upgrade' it a little bit. 5* is now 5,5* and my old 3* is now a 4*):

5,5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like 'Liberty' from Seth King,
'Save the kids' series
from EM Leya or 'Jesse's Smile' from Angelique Jurd), it's like an A+
5* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises
(like most of Andrew Grey books), it's like
Tyra Berger
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
These were my first books by Jena Wade but I will be keeping her on my authors list to watch.

Trent has been burned before, so when he hires Ashten to be his personal chef he refuses to acknowledge the attraction between them. Or at least that is his plan but the older man can't seem to to keep his eyes off the young chef.

Ashten is attracted to Trent from the get go but this is his first job and he wants to keep things professional. Which is all well and good until he sees Trent getting out of th
Djenifer
This was a good book. It could have been better with some more background. By the end I still knew very little about the characters. Trent seemed to live in a bubble that only included work and home. He had no friends. The only interactions the MCs had were with each other and Jesse. Tiny conversations with the hotel employees and Ash's family hardly mattered.

And the reader was never introduced to the the main protagonist. Courtney was like this shadowy, stupid ghost that was supposedly driving
Jay

Pairing: Gay
Length: Novella
Heat Rating: ♨♨♨
Book Rating: ★★★★☆

Review at WoDF - See the Light (Safe Harbor, #1)
Lisa The Novel Approach
Even though both men are immediately attracted to one another, they fight that attraction until everything explodes in a night of passion. The two men start a whirlwind relationship that quickly moves into serious feelings on both their parts. But we all know that when things are this easy there has to be a wrench on the way.

See the entire 4.5 star review on The Novel Approach: http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/20...
Anke
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one of the 3.5 star reads. It was a fast, engaging read, nicely written, only in the end it lost it's pull. I could have done without the drama, but that's probably just me. There was a very nice, fitting epilogue.
Karen
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very cute--almost too cute--2+ hour read. It often read more like a chick flick than an m/m romance, and while this doesn't usually work for me, I must have been in the right mood because this time it did.
Jane A
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very cute short story. I liked that the relationship didn't start from the beginning, but took time to develop. There wasn't any angst and the story was written very simple. A perfect comfort book.
Idamus
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Jena began writing in January of 2013 as a New Year's Resolution--and so far she has stuck to it!

She lives in Michigan. By day she works as a web developer, and at night she writes. Born and raised on a farm, she spends most of her free time outdoors, playing in the garden, or riding her horses. She also helps run the family dairy farm.

Shoes & Ties (2 books)
  • Lumber & Law (Shoes & Ties, #2)