Start by marking “After He's Gone DC Beth Chamberlain #1” as Want to Read:
After He's Gone  DC Beth Chamberlain #1

After He's Gone DC Beth Chamberlain #1

(DC Beth Chamberlain #1)

‘A refreshing female protagonist with guts and a heart…I was gripped.’- Ruth Dugdall

You think you know him. Until he’s dead.

When Cameron Swift is gunned down outside his family home, DC Beth Chamberlain is appointed Family Liaison Officer: a dual role that requires her to support the family, and also investigate them.

As the case unfolds and the body count climbs, Beth dis
Kindle Edition, First
Published June 18th 2018 (first published June 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about After He's Gone DC Beth Chamberlain #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After He's Gone DC Beth Chamberlain #1

Start your review of After He's Gone DC Beth Chamberlain #1
Ceecee
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another enjoyable police procedural from Jane Isaac, this one featuring a new character, family liaison officer Beth Chamberlain who I think is very likeable as a lead protagonist. The novel starts in a very exciting way with a hostage situation and a shooting and what unfolds reveals secrets and lies and nothing is what it seems.

The characters are well portrayed and I really like this police team especially DCI Freeman who is paternal and caring and DS Nick Geary is likeable too. Altho
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: The moments before death were not at all how she imagined them to be. No images, carved from the recesses of her memory, flashed before her. No celebrated successes or missed opportunities. Instead, an overwhelming fear beat a tune beneath her skin, faster and faster, picking up momentum, immobilising her organs, one by one.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: When Cameron Swift is shot and killed outside his family home, DC Beth Chamberlain is appointed Family Liaison Officer. Her role is to support the
Sue
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-series
I’ve been eagerly awaiting this authors new series.

After reading her previous series which I enjoyed I anticipate this authors future books to get my teeth into.

This one lived up to its title big time.

After He’s Gone.

Yes after he’s gone introduced us to DC Beth Chamberlain who was assigned to a family as a liaison officer.

Beth has guts and she also has a big heart.

A death, bodies piling up.
But even the dead had huge secrets as Beth was discovering.

I love how the author gives us not only insight
Sue
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
AFTER HE’S GONE is the latest crime fiction novel by bestselling author Jane Isaac, and is her sixth novel, a new series, featuring Family Liaison Officer, DC Beth Chamberlain, published June 18, 2018. The second Beth Chamberlain novel will follow later in 2018. I am very familiar with this author as I have read the Detective Inspector Will Jackman Series, and really enjoyed them.

When Cameron Swift is gunned down outside his family home, DC Beth Chamberlain is assigned as Family Liaison Officer:
Mandy White
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbc-books
This is the first book by Jane Isaac that I have read and I throughly enjoyed it. Will definitely be on the look out for more and definitely book two in this series.

Cameron Swift is murdered outside his family home whilst putting golf clubs in his car. DCI Beth Chamberlain is sent to the home to work with the family as the family liaison officer. As the investigation progresses the truth about the victim is slowly uncovered, causing the family to wonder if they really did know him at all.

A fanta
Linda Strong
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
The murder of Cameron Swift sets off a chain of events no one could see coming. He is gunned down while putting golf clubs in his truck by a man on a motorcycle.

DC Beth Chamberlain is assigned to assist Swift's family while investigating them at the same time. As the case unfolds, Beth finds that nothing is quite as it seems and everyone has secrets ... especially the dead man.

This is a new author to me and I was not at all disappointed with her writing. I liked the mystery of a man who was some
Christine
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m a great admirer of Jane Isaac and her writing. I adore her Will Jackman series and have been crossing my fingers for a new instalment. I think we need one. Hint hint. Instead Isaac has gone forward with a brand new series, for us to devour. After He’s Gone introduces Detective Constable Beth Chamberlain.

After He’s Gone focuses on Beth, a family liaison officer. In the UK, a family liaison officer will work with the victims of crime and offer them support. They will stay in the victim’s home
Mark
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

It was good, after reading Book 2 in the series to now read Book 1!!!
I want to point out, as said re Book 2 this can be read as a stand alone as well as before, after or in the middle of Book 2 😃😃
I already loved Beth and this was maintained through this book, she is a really good ‘cop’ but just on the edge of risque sometimes and I love her manner and the way she investigates crime and like a dog with a bone will not give up
I also like how the ‘private life’ stories within the main story are k
Cathy Ryan
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cameron Swift is shot dead outside his house in a quiet residential area early one Sunday morning, as he put his golf bag in the boot of the car. The biker assassin was gone before anyone saw him, leaving no trace, but not before he took the time to photograph Cameron’s body lying in a pool of blood. Soon afterwards an anonymous tweet appears showing the photo.

DC Beth Chamberlain is called in as part of the homicide team and given the position of Family Liaison Officer. Part of her job is to inv
Andrea Pole
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Other Woman by Jane Isaac is a tale of lies, deception, double lives, and revelations. This is a compelling mystery that kept me thoroughly engaged throughout.

When Cameron Swift is gunned down outside of his home early one morning, it is understandably devastating for his partner Monika and their young sons. But as the police begin to investigate the seemingly random crime, the life of the victim is exposed to bring about startling revelations that Monika cannot begin to fathom. Who is this
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Although I read reviews that said the main character, Beth Chamberlain, was a strong character, I found her just the opposite. She's having an affair with her boss and keeping it from friends, relatives and coworkers. She seemed a peripheral part of the case until the last 25% of the book in which she just lucks into action. But it could be that nothing happened during the first half of the book and everything seemed to be be done off page by undeveloped team members. She was constantly unable t ...more
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Jane Isaac’s writing and I was thrilled to be asked to read After He’s Gone for reviewing on the blog tour. It’s a book that is packed with secrets and it deals very well with the impact they have and the consequences on those involved.

DC Beth Chamberlain is a really great character. She is tenacious honest and unrelenting in her determination to do right by those that she is helping. I really liked reading about her and I look forward to more books in the future.

After He’s Gone r
Vikkie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a sucker for a police procedural novel, this one has definitely not disappointed.
I have loved the main character, Beth Chamberlain who is a family liaison officer. She is a fantastic lead protagonist throughout this book.
I have not been able to put this book down. This is another new author for me and I am already a huge fan. I cannot wait to read more of Isaac's books.
This has definitely gripped me from the very beginning and I have found it utterly impossible to put down. You know you' ...more
Jane Hunt

The beginning is intense and shocking. It raises questions, when did this happen? Before the story yet to unfold? After? During?

It sets the scene for an intricately woven plot of danger, deceit and desire.

The characters play out their roles in an authentic way, the knowledge of police procedures is evident and makes that part of the story realistic and readable. The main theme of the story is the web of lies that one man lived, only revealed after his demise. The two families, the anger, anguish
Yvonne
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story begins with being held at gun point! That got me straight away, nothing better than starting off with danger. Then I was taken back to the lead up to this point and to back to the beginning to speak. It was in the story that I met DC Beth Chamberlain and the team and her role as the Family Liaison Officer.

The author didn’t hang about starting this story. I do tend to worry when a story starts with a bang ( no pun intended, well maybe a little bit), can the author match the dramatic sta
Joanne Robertson
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when I heard there was a new Jane Isaac book coming out but then I saw that it wasn’t a DI Will Jackman novel! Now I am a big fan of that fictional detective so wasn’t sure what to think when I realised he wasn’t in this book! But I do love Jane Isaacs writing so went in with an open mind to meet her new character, DC Beth Chamberlain who is a family liaison officer. She is sent in to support families who have been affected by crime but by being in their homes, she is also in th ...more
Sophie Bristow Harris
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane Isaac is a new author to me, one that I kept meaning to try. I was drawn to the cover of "After He's Gone" by its air of mystery and suspense. What a cracking read!
The short snappy chapters kept me enticed with the thrilling plot. The characters were full bodied and there were more twists than a frozen Twirly Whirly!
A superb read which I hope will be the start to a fabulous series. I must read her previous books too as they sound just my kind of read too. Highly recommended.
Shalini
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Jane Isaac has a new fan in me. Having read one of her previous books, I was so excited to start this one. And it didn’t disappoint.

A man was shot in front of his home. His partner and kids were left devastated. The cops were called. Beth was the Family Liason Officer. Then came a shocking reveal of another family which led to the further investigation of the man’s secrets.

Jane Isaac is a terrific author, her way of writing emotions within a police procedural got to me. The investigation
Teresa Nikolic
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After he's Gone is the first in a new series by this author with DC Beth Chamberlain heading up the investigation and tells the story of Cameron Swift who is gunned down in broad daylight outside the family home while his fiancee and children are inside the house.

Beth and the team are brought in to investigate what happened on that fateful day and, as the story unfolds, it turns out that Cameron wasn't the man people thought he was, every one has secrets but this man had them by the bucket loa
Joann
I've been a fan of Jane Isaac since I read a book of hers titled "Before It's Too Late" which is a Will Jackman series. When I saw she was starting a new series I decided to get on the bandwagon at the start as I know her books don't disappoint. And this one didn't!!! This stars Beth Chamberlain who is a Family Liaison Officer in the UK. I didn't think liaison officers did much and thought of them as baby-sitters but this book snuffed out that idea. Great start to a new series which I'll be foll ...more
Karen
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having enjoyed previous police series’ by Jane Isaac, I knew I was going to be in for a quality story and I wasn’t let down.

This series features a new detective. DC Beth Chamberlain is a Family Liaison Officer sent to support the family of a murdered businessman, Cameron Swift.

The story starts with his murder. Gunned down on his driveway by a killer on a motorbike who leaves no clues behind, the police are mystified. It soon becomes apparent that Cameron led a secretive and complicated life, w
Kate
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed meeting Beth Chamberlain, a Family Liaison Officer, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again. An excellent mystery, very well told. Review to follow shortly on For Winter Nights.
Jo
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finished this book in 2 days do I would say that it was a good one. The plot kept me interested right till the very end - a proper page turner. Plenty of twists to keep the reader interested. Don't want to spoil the storyline for anyone but I would recommend this title. Thank you to TBC and to the author for the chance to read this title in exchange for a honest review.
Colette Lamberth
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To be honest I was a bit miffed when I saw that the new Jane Isaac book had a new main character and not Will Jackman who is one of my favourite characters. I was seduced by the cover and jumped at the chance of an early copy. I was hooked in completely by the prologue and I think she has struck gold here and predict this will be a much loved series. The further I read there was definitely an urge to read quicker and quicker to find out exactly what was going on. Beth is a very likeable characte ...more
Mairead Hearne (swirlandthread.com)
‘You think you know him.

Until he’s dead.’

After He’s Gone is a police procedural featuring DC Beth Chamberlain, as she takes on her first case as a Family Liaison Officer. Author Ruth Dugdall said ‘A refreshing female protagonist with guts and a heart…I was gripped.’

My thoughts:

'His body jolted with each impact, sending sprays of red leaping into the air before he folded to the ground. Ribbons of blood curled and coiled on the tarmac.’

Cameron Swift, forty-six years old, a man with a wife, kid
Angie Jones-Moore
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After He's Gone had me from the first page.

Straight away Jane Isaac had my attention, being nosy by nature, I couldn't help but want to find out more about this murder. What seems like a straight forward killing, turns into something more complex than you can imagine.

There are so many angles to consider, that Beth and the investigation team had me wanting to find out more each time I read. Beth is determined to prove herself to her superiors whilst having to deal with turbulence in her personal
Emma
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
After He's Gone opens with a terrifying prologue, shortly followed by a shocking first chapter guaranteed to get the heart rate up!  From that point forward I was hooked and wanted to know absolutely everything that was happening to these normal sounding people and of course, why it was happening.  Luckily we readers have the wonderful DC Beth Chamberlain on our side, persistently poking at the mysterious half-truths and secrets in an attempt to solve a somewhat bewildering case for Northampton ...more
Lisbeth Davies
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can only agree with all of the other hugely complimentary reviews of this new series by Jane Isaac - it's got all her meticulous attention to detail and plotting, great characters and story that zips along.

Finishing up, I realised that I really wanted to know more about DC Beth Chamberlain - lo and behold a tweet from Jane confirms that a second one is on its way - hooray!
Marnie | Once Upon a Time Book Blog
What a great start to a new series! Full of lies and deceit, mixed with police procedural, The Other Woman packs a hell of a punch that had me glued to the pages right from the get go. It is a fast paced read that is enthralling and thrilling, with an opening that chilled me to the bone. Told through great writing with a mixed bag of likeable and unlikable characters, all well developed and brought to life perfectly, The Other Woman has it all and you should add it to your 2020 reading list righ ...more
Cathy Geha
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Other Woman by Jane Isaac
DC Beth Chamberlain #1

Mystery, murder and more in this story of a man murdered in cold blood leaving two women without a “partner” and four children without a father. Who killed Cameron and why? What did Monika and Sara have to do with it – if anything? How will the police go about uncovering why the murder took place? Will the murderer be caught? So many questions and as each clue was revealed I was drawn in further.

What I liked:

• Liars
  • The Perfect Family
  • The Perfect Life
  • Roses Are Red: A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming
  • The Child Who Never Was: A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming
  • You Will Never Leave: A psychological suspense thriller
  • You Are Mine: a gripping psychological suspense
  • His Wife's Sister
  • The Guest: A psychological thriller with a shocking twist
  • The Arrangement
Jane Isaac is married to a serving detective and they live in rural Northamptonshire, UK with their daughter and dogs. Jane's debut novel, An Unfamiliar Murder, introduces DCI Helen Lavery and was nominated as best mystery in the 'eFestival of Words Best of the Independent eBook awards 2013.'

The Truth Will Out, the second in the DCI Helen Lavery series, was nominated as 'Thriller of the Month - Ap

DC Beth Chamberlain (3 books)
  • For Better, For Worse (D.C. Beth Chamberlain, #2)
  • Hush Little Baby (DC Beth Chamberlain Book 3)

News & Interviews