Start by marking “The Meghan Factor: A Royal Expert’s Insight on America's New Princess—and How She Could Change the Windsor Dynasty Forever” as Want to Read:

As Californian TV star Meghan Markle becomes a British princess, is this the dawn of a bright new era for the ancient House of Windsor…or a dangerous, destabilizing step too far?

Sixty-five years after Elizabeth II’s Coronation, and thirty-seven after Diana’s ill-fated nuptials, the House of Windsor is embarking on a momentous marital experiment.

The imminent addition of
Kindle Edition
Published May 8th 2018 by Bombardier Books

To ask other readers questions about The Meghan Factor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Meghan Factor

Start your review of The Meghan Factor: A Royal Expert’s Insight on America's New Princess—and How She Could Change the Windsor Dynasty Forever
Samantha
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am fascinated by all things royal, and watching an American join the royal family had me ready to read everything on the subject that I can get my hands on. I was very interested to read Jephson's unique perspective on what Meghan could bring to the Windsor dynasty.
I enjoyed the insights and historical parallels, but felt like the book took a long time to build to its ultimate theme of how Meghan could effect the future of the monarchy.
Cheryl Kloda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading "The Meghan Factor". It kept my interest at all times. The author writes about the positive and negative factors about being in the Royal Family. Author, Patrick Jephson, makes it clear that being in the Royal Family is a life of priviledge . However, the royals are also dependent on public opinion. According to the author, one should not be too controversial in the Royal Family. Better to keep a low profile. I think that Meghan being an actress is a plus for being in Public L ...more
Jenny
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
The author spent most of the book reflecting on Princess Di (we get it, you worked for her) instead of talking about the change MM could bring to the royalty.

Finished the book and was left with one thought... that was it?
Becky
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars. A solid insider's look at the Firm and how that may impact the addition of Meghan Markle to the fold. It will be interesting to see if his predictions come true or if things will go in another, unexpected route. Though, I will say the epilogue was completely unnecessary and silly. ...more
Alison Carmel
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meg. Ankle

Meghan Markle is BORING but an adequate actress for the part I suppose. She always looks “on” and so unauthentic

Mary Louise

• The Chocolate Promise
  • Princess Margaret: A Life of Contrasts
  • My One Month Marriage
  • My Husband's Daughter
  • Your Inner Hedgehog (Portuguese Irregular Verbs, #5)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • The Day He Came Back
  • Working for the Royals
  • The Names of the Dead
  • Jackie: Her Transformation from First Lady to Jackie O
  • Jack and Jackie: Portrait of an American Marriage
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • The Real Diana
  • The Shape of Night
  • Everything is Figureoutable
  • Meghan: A Hollywood Princess
  • Rebel Prince: The Power, Passion and Defiance of Prince Charles
Patrick is a consultant, journalist, broadcaster and New York Times and London Sunday Times bestselling author, based in Washington DC.

His byline has appeared in every major UK newspaper and international titles as varied as TIME magazine, Vanity Fair, People, The Spectator, Paris Match, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung and the National Catholic Reporter. He is a published authority on corporate an

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...