Start by marking “Face the Music (Replay #1)” as Want to Read:
Face the Music (Replay #1)

Face the Music

(Replay #1)

Lincoln
I thought there was only one thing I needed to make me happy. I was so sure becoming a rock star would heal the dark corners inside me. But every time I walk onto the stage, with a roaring crowd screaming my name, all I can think about is the boy I left behind. All I want to do is rewind and make a different choice.

Jace
I thought I hated Lincoln when he ghosted me
Published May 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Face the Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face the Music

Cadiva
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book a lot. It deals with a difficult subject to get right - mental illness - but does so without over-playing it or under emphasising the seriousness.

Lincoln and Jace were wonderful together in the flashbacks and it was easy to see why neither had been able to ever move on properly. I also loved the whole fated aspect which KM weaved into the narrative as it worked well for their relationship development ten years later

The book doesn't pull any punches when it deals with Lincoln's "
Ky

"Face the Music" is the first book in a new series about the members of a rock band that somehow all get their happily ever after in the form of second chance romances during a much needed break to recharge and keep going.

In this book, it's Lincoln the one who gets his second chance with his childhood best friend, Jace, who was also his first boyfriend. There is a certain amount of struggle for them to get over past hurts and betrayals but it was necessary that they go through that firs
Annika
Audiobook review

I essence, I absolutely loved and adored this story. I'm always partial for a scarred man, second chance stories and when combining that with a famous musician, I'm over the moon.

This book opens up with present day Lincoln, rock star extraordinaire in the band Downward Spiral. An apt name if there ever was one as all of its members are spiralling fast out of control in one way or another. Lincoln is a bit worse for wear, drunk and passing out in the cold and almost freezing to
Line
Nov 21, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Face-Music-R...
Coco.V
Nov 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/22/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Lincoln

Jace
I thought I hated Lincoln when he ghosted me ten years ago and destroyed my heart. I thought I hated him when he wrote a chart
Qin
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
A longish, rather boring nothingburger poorly dressed up as a second chance romance, only saved from the one star treatment by dint of its reasonably good literary values. For one thing, the embraced structure of the book, with each chapter alternating between shared memories of the two lads written from the POV of one of them and the similarly focussed rekindling of their relationship in the present time, does not achieve too well its task of providing insight into the minds of Jace and Lincoln ...more
Tj
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
At eighteen Lincoln made a difficult decision. He loved music and was offered a shot with a recording company. To do so, meant hurting his person, the one who always had his back. It meant hurting Jace.

Jace was college bound with dreams of being a doctor. If he went on the road with Lincoln and the band, college would never happen. In time, he would recent Linc. Lincoln wants Jace to have it all so he makes the decision for him. Lincoln flees in the middle of the night leaving Jace and his heart
Trio
Feb 02, 2019 added it
Shelves: mm, audio-book, dnf
did not work for me
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I'm not a fan of the back and forth between past and present, however it worked for me here. Or maybe this caught me in the right mood? I loved this. After learning to listen to this narrator a bit faster than the recording, this was absolutely perfect. I've already purchased the next two books. Im not a fan of books covering the same time, however they aren't rehashing the same info (im already more than fifty percent done with book two).
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

If you’ve read my reviews in the past, you’ll know my favorite trope is definitely second chance romances and Face The Music was an enjoyable one.

Lincoln abandoned Jace without even a goodbye ten years ago to pursue his dream of becoming a rockstar, and while he’s had tremendous success, he is miserable without the love of his life by his side. After a night of heavy drinking nearly kills him, he decides to get away and heads to a summer cabin in the woods of Wisconsin, where he spent ma
Joyfully Jay
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Face the Music explores some fairly dark themes, which include self-harm and suicide, so please be forewarned that if this type of story line could be triggering for you it is best you go into this novel with advanced warning. The scenes of cutting are fairly graphic, never done to titillate or shock, but rather to expose the depth of Linc’s illness and depression. I was so impressed with the way in which Neuhold addressed Linc’s mental health. The story allowed f
Dani Hodge
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2018-reviews
#Replay #FaceTheMusic #DownwardSpiral #LincandJace

Another AMAZING book by Author K.M. Neuhold!! Emotional, and full of sensitive subjects; Face the Music may not be for all readers, but I found it to be an amazing start to what looks to be an amazing new series! Jace and Lincoln are such deep character; I couldn't help but root for their HEA! This was a book that had me flipping the pages well into the night!

If you are a fan of K.M. Neuhold or are reading her books for the first time, I can't
Bev
Nice second chances story. Linc's bi-polar diagnosis is something I've become quite familiar with in recent years, and Jace was very understanding. I have to say though that I would've thought someone should've picked up on it a helluva lot sooner...other band members, band manager, whoever....there was obviously a suicide attempt waiting to happen. Still not keen on present tense stories...3.5 stars rounded up.
Gina Marie ~books are my drug of choice~
As I read this book I picked up the clues that indicate real life major depression recurrent with hypomania, a form of bipolar disorder. I was impressed with how well done the show don't tell was. This book allowed the reader to reach that idea without being beat over the head with it. The fact that a character points out he has bipolar he is not the disorder.
I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Each finds a second chance at love during the band's hiatus which starts due to happenings a
S
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Natosha Wilson
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
KM is giving us a new series about a band named Downward Spiral. The first story in the series is about Lincoln and Jace.

It starts off as Lincoln in such emotional pain since he thought making it big would heal his heart. He figures out quickly that all the money won't make you whole. Lincoln spends his time dreaming of what could have been if he never left Jace behind but he thinks you can never go home again.

Jace and Lincoln promised each other forever when they were 17 but life happens and w
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ 3.5 Stars ~

Face the Music is the first book in a new series about the members of a rock band that somehow all get their happily ever after in the form of second chance romances during a much-needed break to recharge and keep going. In this book, it’s Lincoln who gets his second chance with his childhood best friend, Jace, who was also Lincoln’s first boyfriend. There is a certain amount of struggle for them to get over past hurts and betrayals, but it was necessary that they go through that f
Amanda at WickedGoodReads
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Lincoln and Jace….

I can’t even begin to give this book the justice it deserves, but I will try.

First and foremost, this is a story of young love. But, also love lost, and the second chance some of us are lucky enough to get.

When Lincoln walked out on Jace….each of their worlds changed. Jace went on with this life, as did Lincoln. But the choice Lincoln made to leave was by far, the hardest he has ever made. And it crushed him. Sure, he’s a rock star. But there was only ever one man for him. He's
SMJC
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ugh, such a sad story !!! Don't get me wrong, it's super well written. I found the main characters to be very likable, and you could totally see the connection they share. The author did a great job giving us little glimpses here and there of what Lincoln was going through, and oh boy, did I feel for him. You also got the sense that Jace adored him, was truly his other half, and when things got tough, he stuck by him. I find this author likes to do a lot of bisexual characters in her books, and ...more
Natalie
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Could have used more depth.

This was a decent effort at depicting a person, in this case Lincoln, with a long-undiagnosed bi-polar condition. Maybe that’s a spoiler but the description of his problems makes it quite obvious early on. I couldn’t quite see how he survived for ten years the way he was depicted or why no one around him pushed harder for him to get help. Information around all that was kind of skimmed over. Jace came around pretty quickly once he reconnects with Lincoln. The author u
Earlyn
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Linc and Jace

A hard topic to cover. Self harming and depression, and just to make things more difficult bipolar.
That was the struggle that Linc went through most of his adult.
Linc and Jace met when they were kids and when they teenagers they fell in love and promised to be each other's forever.
Linc got a record deal left Jace . Forward ten years and by faith they meet again.
Feelings never left but learning to trust and dealing with mental issues. This was so well written showing the triggers and
Wendy Moore
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed the story, it had a lot of feels. I loved both Lincoln and Jace. I love a second chance romance. My only complaint was I wish there had been a fight between them before getting back together. I think in needed to get ugly before it could get better. I think the author handle the mental illness with grace and they had a solid HFN finish. I hope we get an amazing epilogue for them all on the last book of the series!!
Amanda Wells
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I really love the ideas in this book. There's such good substance to each of the characters, and their situations. I just felt the dialogue really needed to be tightened. It didn't feel natural for a lot of it - like they were hitting story beats, rather than having real conversations.

The build/climax was also a little lacking for me, even though there was a lot of potential.

In my humble opinion, the book could be DAMN good if it went through one more re-write - focusing on dialogue, and tight
Lori
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but maybe not quite as much as Heathens Ink. I kind of felt like Linc's cutting could have been handled a little better. I don't know that much about it myself but I do know it's a serious issue. I'm not saying Mrs. Neuhold didn't treat it seriously; I am just not sure if someone would be doing as well as he was so shortly after Linc being diagnosed as Bipolar. There was a thread of sadness throughout the story that followed through all the way to the end.
Michael
An excellent romance about second chances. I can't wait for the next book in the series. K.M. Neuhold is a new author to me and I will definitely be checking out more of her books.
ada
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I cried a lot like .. very much
Kim
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve read this author before. This is a mm contemporary story between a rock star Linc and a nerd Jace. Second chance love. This is the first book in the series. I’ll read more from this author.
Tracy
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018, great-series

I put this book off because of the self-harm aspect. When I decided to pick it up I didn't put it down. I couldn't wait to see if Jace would forgive Lincoln, when Lincoln would figure out his issues, and what happened to the other band mates. It was a good book.
Dani Elle Maas
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being honest and loving the other serie by Miss Neuhold i was like i want a new one there
or in her collab with author Nora Phoenix
but i take my words back!
This is so freaking good
I wanted more the minute i finished it!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Hot Licks (Off Beat #3)
  • Metal Heart
  • Sin and Tonic (Sinners, #6)
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • Dedicated (Rhythm of Love, #1)
  • Deliver Me (The Music Within, #1)
  • Illumination
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Echoes of Us
  • Long Way Home  (Red-Tainted Silence, #2)
  • Running with Scissors
  • Smoky Mountain Dreams
  • More than Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #0.5)
  • Safe Place (Rainbow Place, #2)
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame, #8)
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.

Replay (4 books)
  • Play it by Ear (Replay, #2)
  • Beat of Their Own Drum (Replay, #3)
  • Strike a Chord (Replay #4)
“You aren’t your mental illness. No one would ever say I am cancer, so why would it be different for a mental illness?” 2 likes
“I’m not crazy, I’m just…sad.” 0 likes