Start by marking “Venomous Hunger (Eok Warriors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Venomous Hunger (Eok Warriors, #2)

Venomous Hunger

(Eok Warriors #2)

His lust could devour them.
Her love will free them both.

After being left for dead by her people, Aliena wakes up under the care of alien pirates. She escapes, only to be captured by a creature straight from her darkest nightmares, bent on the destruction of everything she holds dear.

An Eok warrior turned outlaw, Kamal is one to be reckoned with. He is on a mission fo
Published May 25th 2018 by Eclipse Press

To ask other readers questions about Venomous Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venomous Hunger

Start your review of Venomous Hunger (Eok Warriors, #2)
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Oh yeah. Definitely better than book one.

The characters were a lot more bearable, no bashing heads till bloody this time.
I feel like there was even more substance to the plot which is something cause I didn't think it was an issue in the first book. *shrugs*
It's pretty much as the blurb says but it could definitely use a little more romance.
I still feel like I'm being told rather than shown...
It's very insta-which mind you is not a problem for me-but I don't see why it's insta.
Special snowfla
Chappy
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm still really enjoying this series. The Eok nation has decided to help protect the last remaining humans and liberate them from slavery. Kamal is sent to Earth to find the hidden village of rare free-living humans. What he ends up finding is a really ill Aliena. He manages to save her with the unintentional side-effect of developing hot intense feelings for her.

Poor Kamal thinks he has dishonored his family and has been living on the fringes as a pirate. He must learn that he is worthy of Al
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Venomous Hunger is a SC-Fi Romance set in a future world where humans have no freedom. Most having been captured and kept in breeding facilities and then sold as slaves. At the moment there is a lot of books full of alien passion around.
This is one of the better sci-fi romances I have read this year. It is full of action and not just in the bedroom. It kept me gripped from start to finish. We have a feisty kick ass female Aliena and a big blue alien K
Celestine
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Another solid entry into the Eok Warriors series by Mary Auclair. I enjoyed the story, liked the characters and very much appreciated that the H/h are not clones from book one, despite being related. Smexy times are there but don't overwhelm. ...more
Space Cowgirl
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kamal🐺🍆🌋🔪🔫 is the Eok pirate Captain of his own ship and brother of Karian, from the first book📑, Venomous Craving.
In this new book📑, a dying free human woman, Aliena💋💃, was left on a mountain top for the Alien pirates🐺🔪🔫 to pick up and save with their advanced medicine.

Human women are like Dragon's teeth🐲, extremely rare, almost extinct. Aliena💃💋 is worth a huge fortune, and should be sold to a fantastically rich alien in the other side of the known galaxy , the Ring💫

But Karian🐺🍆🌋👋 made the hu
Joyffree
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
🛸 They were once mankind's destruction - now they may be our last hope for salvation

I came in on this series with Venomous but I will be going back and acquiring the first book - Venomous read well as a standalone but I realize I may have enjoyed it even more with the build-up and background information from the first book

Kamal, an Eok warrior, is on a mission for his brother to find the last surviving free human village and protect them until his forces can arrive to take over then he and his c
B.
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
When Karian's Older Brother, Kamal, Meets Rose's Cousin, Aliena, He Struggles To Deny His Mating Call As They Work To Secure The Human Settlement.

Although this is this second book in the series, it can be read as a stand-alone.

Aliena, a young woman who lived in the wild on Earth for twenty-three years - outside of the genetic human labs - wakes and finds herself on a ship. Her last memories are of being deathly ill and, as a last hope, left for the aliens to find and nurse to health.

Kamal, an
Kimber
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
ARC review.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.

To be honest, I was so, so excited to receive this book! I do stuggle with writing reviews as it's a bit of a phobia of mine. Being judged as not good enough, etc. And so I decided to try, to push myself. And now, here I am, wanting to give a good review, an honest review and also not hurt anyone's feelings.

It took me a long time to finish this book, when normally I would finish a book of this length within a day or t
Jessica
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Venomous Hunger is the second book in the Eok Warriors Series, but can be read as a stand alone. Aliena is one of the last free humans, but was given to the aliens to keep her alive. While trying to escape, Kamal catches her, and he’s determined to find the free humans and keep them safe. Soon, they’re working together to find her Uncle, a man who was their leader, and they’re traveling all over the galaxy, but they also have to maneuver through his outlawed crew. When danger is present all arou ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Venomous Hunger is the second book in the Eok Warriors series, but it can be read as a standalone. I would recommend you do read book one first, but only because you'd be missing on a great story if you don't.

Aliena was one of the free humans living on earth, but became very sick. So when the Eoks arrived on earth, one of inhabitants of their village placed her where they knew she would be found, in the hope of getting her the medicines she needed. Kamal has been a pirate for ten years, ever sin
SBee Reviews
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars

“Interesting first look into this author’s Eok Warrior sci-fi romance world”

I received an Advance Reader Copy for VENOMOUS HUNGER (Eok Warriors, Book #2) written by Mary Auclair and voluntarily reviewed this book. Aliena was a rare human female, a free human, but now very sick and dying. She was left on a mountain top by her own people with little hope for survival until she was found by a discraced-Eok-warrior-turned-pirate and opportunist named Kamal, who bring
Leah
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Disappointed with the female character

I really like this series. I couldn’t wait to read the second book. But time and again, I kept getting irritated by the female lead. She kept fighting to have her way about things when any smart person would take a step back and look at the bigger picture when it is beyond their capabilities. You’re supposed to be fighting for your race and relatives livelihood. Be smart about it. You cannot do everything your alien mate can do. I didn’t like how her mate ha
G
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: alien-mate
This is the second in this series, and although it mentions events in the previous book they don't take away from this story or leave you feeling like you've missed out.

Aliena( Yep i know I had issues with the name in an alien story) is dying, and her people have put her out in the cold, she is rescued by an Eok ( band of warriors). Her Eok take her on board his ship where she is taken care of, but she also brings out in him the mating venom.

As circumstances go, they find the rest of her people
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Venomous Hunger is my kind of book!!

Kamal, our hero, is a fearsome pirate captain and disgraced Eok warrior. He is the elder brother of the hero from the first book in the series. He has been sent to Earth to find the hidden village of free humans and protect them before a contingent of Eok warriors arrives.

I love the Eok, by the way. They are a fierce warrior race with blue skin, fangs and 6” retractable claws. They also mate for life. Hot and loyal, what’s not to love?

Our heroine is Aliena.
JodyL
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Filled with lots of betrayals all while finding love

Rose's cousin Aliena is found by Kamal. She is so very sick that it takes four days of healing before she awakes. When she does awake she finds herself on a spaceship in the medical center. When a Avonie male med tech comes in and treats her harshly all she can think about is escaping and saving the other humans in earth.
When Kamal discovers that Aliena has escaped he goes after her. He has been visiting her daily for hours at a time while she
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Venomous Hunger begins right around where the first one left off. Humans are still fighting for their freedom and this time they have the powerful Kamal to help. I love this story arc, yes it's a little weird seeing humans as slaves, but the entire human species seems fit to fight their way through and make a name for themselves that has nothing to do with slaves.

I loved Kamal. He is a warrior, tough, gruff, but he also has a super sweet side. Aliena is one tough broad. This chick had to fight
Janet
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy I tell you that Mating Venom is very strong. I love these stories. They're so full of danger, excitement, and falling in love. Some of the things that they go through is painful to read. The writer makes every thing come to life and you can feel it all. She is an excellent story teller. This story is the 2nd in the series and it is as good as the first. This one is about Kamal and Aliena. Aliena is cousin to the girl in the first book and Kamal is the brother of the general in the first book ...more
Arlyn Harris
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Venomous Hunger is the 2nd book in this series, so, full disclosure, I never read the 1st one. Aliena is one of the last humans on Earth, so she convinces an Eok pirate, named Kamal, to help her rescue other humans from slavery on Earth and another planet. They turn out to be fated mates.

I was trying to find a nice way to say how very strangle-worthy was Aliena. Constantly running right into danger, then looking to Kamal to save the day. I mean, heroines should be strong and brave, but this one
Joanie M
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I did not read the first book in this series, I enjoyed this book very much. The author created a world in which humans are not the superior beings, complete with social structure, politics, and deities. I loved the incorporation of different alien species. The Eok warriors are the ultimate in alpha males but Kamal proved to have a kind and gentle side too. The mating venom created a passion that jumped off the pages. Aliena felt the passion too, which made for smoking hot erotic scenes ...more
Lalaland
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book thinking it was the second in another series by Ms Auclair so I had not read the first in the series and I think I probably should have.. I certainly intend to go back and read it and then I may well reread this one. It was a very entertaining sci-fi read. It takes place in the future when humans are no longer free but Aliena is but we open with her being left for dead. She wakes up on an alien ship and she has been saved by Kamal a pirate, then the adventure truly begins. I lik ...more
Jessica
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice story, dangerous pirates and stubborn women

The author has done it again. Second book in the Eok Warriors series, this one slightly overlaps with the first book. Kalan the pirate agrees tho go after the humans that were abducted by minister Knut. Aliena won't let him go alone, regardless of what he may want. Will kalan be able to keep her and the other humans safe when do many would benefit from their deaths? Or will they lose the humans and each other forever?
Good story, great world buildi
Nancy
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A really good read. I did not see this one coming. I call it a white knuckle romance. There is so much on the edge of your seat action that’s it is practically white knuckle reading all the way through. And in addition to all that action, there’s still time for some romance. If you like pages and pages of every description of the act of mating, then this is not the book for you; however, if you like a good blend of romance, sex, and a great story with well developed characters, then this is righ ...more
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aliena and Kamal

Aliena was sick when Kamal found her on earth. She was able to get better but wouldn't tell him where the other humans were hiding. He was sent there to protect them. When she talks to Rose, her cousin who is mated to Kamals' brother, then she understands. The humans were hiding from those who captured them and were breeding them to sell to other aliens. Kamal figures out who is breeding and selling the humans for profit, and takes his ship after him. He mates with Aliena and hel
Cali Jewel
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very quick yet highly entertaining romantic adventure filled with danger, excitement, emotional thrills and chills as well as an undeniable passion.

Kamal is a sexy, strong and deadly Eok warrior turned outlaw on a mission to find the escaped humans. Aliena wakes up under the care of alien pirates and is lucky enough to escape only to be in the fight of her life to save her family. Paige turner from beginning to end.
Raina Collins
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second book in the alien romance series. He is an Eok and also a pirate. But now he is trying to help save the human race. But first he needs to gain their trust and especially of one specific human female. She has survived by hiding from the aliens but now they are the only thing that will save her life and maybe humanity. Lots of adventure and a hot romance.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of the book.
Heart5
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Science fiction is not my favorite genre, but this author writes it in such a way that makes me enjoy it. Both characters were very well developed and likeable. I loved Aliena for her fierce independence and determination to save her people. The story flowed really well, and contained enough action to keep me interested until the end. This is the first book I have read of this series, and I liked it well enough to go back and read the first book.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Sharon Gillman
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the world Ms Auclair created

Love the characters and world created by the author. With the aid of the Eok Warrior Nation, the survivors of Earth continue to prove to the galactic council that they are worthy of their new found independence. The evil Lord Knut has managed to escape justice so I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

This was book 2 of 4 in the series so far and should be read in order as each book builds on the previous story but no real cliffhangers.
Gladys
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very entertaining sci-fi romance. High tension, emotional turmoil, and steamy chemistry help grab and keep your interest. With an engaging storyline and likable characters this book is a very enjoyable read. Kamal and Aliena's story is full of drama, action, danger, passion, and hot romance. This is my honest, voluntary review. ...more
Jonella Moore
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

I really enjoyed this second book in this series, which was just as good as the first! I liked the characters of Aliena and Kamal, as well as their romance and rescue of the humans from Knut. I hope the author continues to write more books in this series and hope Arlen gets a happy ending with a blood mate too. Overall, just great reading.
Melanie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aliena a women with a firey spirt... left out for the aliens to collect as only they can save her.... Kamal a shiney blue alien.... space travel human trafficing.. at a little lovin and you have this book... will they complete their mission or will evil wreck everything.. read it and find out....

• Alien Conquest (Alien Invasion, #1)
  • Juldo Made (Galactic Order, #4)
  • Home World (Galactic Order, #2)
  • The Kintolf (New Alien Species, #1)
  • Chosen By The Alien Commander (The Novans, #1)
  • Tamed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #1)
  • War for Earth (Galactic Order #3)
  • Zhadra (Obosian Warriors #1)
  • Alien Bride (Alien #2)
  • Hard as Rock (Khargals of Duras, #3)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Sanctuary (Dark Planet Warriors, #8.5)
  • The VaDorok (The Mate Index, #1)
  • The Gorison Traveler Incident (Veslor Mates, #1)
  • When She's Ready (Risdaverse #1)
  • Shattered Silence (Darkstar Mercenaries #2)
  • Stravon (Dark Star Princes, #1)
  • Red
Mary grew up in the quiet peace of a small rural village in the heart of Quebec, Canada.

She spent her childhood chasing butterflies and catching frogs, playing in the mud and generally being as unladylike as she could. Her love of science led her to complete a mechanical engineering degree at the Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal, where she met the love of her life.

Years later, as she enjoyed the r

Eok Warriors (4 books)
  • Venomous Craving (Eok Warriors, #1)
  • Venomous Heart (Eok Warrior, #3)
  • Venomous Lust (Eok Warriors, #4)