Start by marking “His Until Midnight (Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction #4)” as Want to Read:
His Until Midnight (Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction #4)

His Until Midnight

(Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction #4)

To the highest bidder goes…

A friendship with benefits?

When Tessa Noble takes the stage at a charity auction after a sexy makeover, her best friend, Ryan Bateman, must place the winning bid. It’s definitely not because he’s jealous. Their weekend getaway is a ploy for positive press…or so the rancher tells himself. But soon things take an unexpected turn from platonic to pa
Published December 1st 2018 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about His Until Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Until Midnight

Jazmen
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
His Until Midnight is a Cinderella-esque tale of love between friends.

Tess and Ryan have been best friends from childhood to adulthood. Tess has been crushing on Ryan for some time now, but he only sees her as his best friend. At least that’s what she thinks, until a bachelor auction—she soon discovers her feelings are far from one-sided.

Thought it all happens like a whirlwind, the reader is quickly engaged in a romance that is as feisty and sexy as it is mature and heart-warming.

His Until Midn
Rebekah Weatherspoon
*impressed nodding gif*

but seriously i really enjoyed this one. i realized how few friends to lovers romance ive read and this one has me wanting to read more. looking forward to more from Ryan.
Richelle Robinson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryan and Tessa have been lifelong friends and their families are close friends as well. There is an underlying attraction but neither one will admit it or let alone act on it, until the auction happens. I really liked this story because you could feel the character's internal struggle on what their next move should be going forward. They have been friends since forever but a lot is at stake if this doesn’t work out. We do get some push and pull but I loved that it wasn’t dragged out and everythi ...more
Belinda
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We finally have made it to the Bachelor Auction in this TCC book. When Tripp has to back out of the auction due to food poisoning his sister Tessa is brought in as a "ringer" of sorts. She asks her best friend Ryan to bid on her if no one else does. But when she comes out his crush he has had on her for a long while blows up and he bids and wins the bid. But something hinky happens at the auction so Ryan and Tessa are asked to be followed on their date to get good press for TCC...When they go aw ...more
Maria Rose
His Until Midnight by Reese Ryan is a sexy friends to lovers romance and the fourth story in the multi-authored Texas Cattleman’s Club: Bachelor Auction series.

Tessa Noble is doing her ill brother a favor when she fills in for his role in the charity bachelor auction at the Texas Cattleman’s Club. She’ll be the only bachelorette on the stage, the last ‘date’ of the night, and she’s worried that no one will bid on her. Enlisting the help of her longtime best friend Ryan Bateman, she makes him pro
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by its Cover < <
To be honest, the cover is not all-too flattering. The couple looks older than stated. Despite the pose, they feel too formal. That said, the synopsis did interest me so I opted to give this new-to-me author a try.
> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

Tessa and Ryan are neighbors and best friends, have been since early-Elementary school. A charity bachelor auction is on the horizon and Tessa’s bro
Avidreader
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This was my first book in the series as I did not realize it was part of one. Tessa loves Ryan but values their friendship so much that she is afraid that a romance will ruin it, and Ryan is attracted to Tessa but thinks he is not good enough for her. I found the promise made to the brother to be ridiculous and unbelievable to think it held any weight. .

I like that most of the book was spent on the main characters since it was a short read. I was distracted by the chapters about other people be
MidnightAce
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This bachelor auction shows you that members of the The Cattleman’s Club are more than meets the eye; Rancher to Glamour Girl….Saddled Horse to Maybach.

HIS TIL MIDNIGHT is Reese Ryan contribution to the Cattleman’s Club Series and is a great friend to lovers’ story.

Ryan and Tessa have been friends since they were knee-high to a grasshopper. Being around each other as much as they were it is expected they would have a certain amount of chemistry. Everyone except these two can see that they are lo
Alice
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who says best friends can't be lovers?

I suspected from the first interaction I encountered with Ryan and Tessa that there was more to what they felt for each other than just friendship. A blind person could see they loved one another and was too afraid to admit what and how they felt to first themselves and then to family and friends. Funny how the ex girlfriend in her bid to break our hero and heroine up ended up causing our hero to admit to his true feelings for our heroine. It turned out fine
Ruby
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friends to Lovers!!!

Tessa and Ryan have been best friends since they were children. When her brother falls ill and can't be in the Texas Cattleman's Club bachelor auction, Tessa decides to enter it herself. Fearing that no one will bid on her, Tessa asks Ryan to bid on her so she won't be embarrassed if she doesn't have any bids. Things go awry after the men in town see Tessa's makeover and a bidding war breaks out. Ryan saves Tessa from the situation and takes Tessa on a date that changes both
Celeste
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo Reese

I have read many friends to lovers romance novels. I am always looking to see how an Author will make it unique and different from what is on the market. I will say Reese did that for me. Ryan and Tessa's story was in my eyes, was that gem that needed to be polished. That's what you had with Tessa and Ryan. You often do not recognize what you have until it's too late. Plus for me once you make a life altering decision there is no turning back. Ie the time in Dallas for Tessa and Ryan.
Dj
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
His Until Midnight #4 [To the highest bidder goes…A friendship with benefits? When (rancher-tomboy) Tessa Noble takes the stage at a charity auction in a red, backout jumper, after a sexy makeover, her best friend (rancher), Ryan Bateman, must place the winning bid. They agreed he’d only bid if no one else did. But it’s definitely not because he’s jealous. Their romantic weekend getaway is a ploy for positive press…or so the rancher tells himself. But soon things take an unexpected turn from pla ...more
Kathleen Booker
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Texas Cattleman's Club series. Tessa and Ryan grew up as best friends but love was underneath all that kidding around. When Tessa's brother has to back out of bachelor auction she steps in for him as added bonus for the cowboys. Her best friend Ryan can't stand any other man taking her out so he out bids all the others and plans a very romantic weekend for them. When they get to Dallas, everything changes and friends become lovers. So glad they realized that they were made for each other be ...more
Kristina Birch
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
His Until Midnight is my first Reese Ryan book and I throughly enjoyed it! Ryan and Tessa are lifelong best friends who have been denying their feelings for wayyy to long.
I’m a sucker for a good friends to lovers story and this one even has an element of friend’s little sister to it! The story is fast paced but definitely doesn’t feel like insta love and allows for Ryan and Tessa to struggle with the friendship issue without it becoming drawn out.
I’m excited to read more from Reese Ryan!
Shavonna Futrell
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a hot and steamy read? Well look no further, His Until Midnight had me fanning a couple of times. Ryan and Tessa are best friends that are very attractive to each other but dare not cross that line for fear of ruining their friendship. That all changes when Tessa appears in a charity auction with a makeover that blows her best friend mind and he places the winning bid.

I love Friend to Lovers romances and Reese Ryan did not disappoint at all. This was a page turner and it was
Brenda  Larnell
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked Ryan and Tessa’s story that applied the friends to lovers trope so well. Kudos to author, Reese Ryan for a great romantic story that that had me rooting for them. I loved the way the bachelor auction was incorporated in the story. That’s a familiar trope also, but the twist Reese Ryan put on it was a real treat! If you are looking for a sweet and sexy romance story to read, I highly recommend His Until Midnight.
Shone
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best friends forever Tessa Noble, Tripp Noble and Ryan Bateman. A sexy makeover, a weekend getaway, and a bachelor/bachelorette auction, change the course of their life. This was a fast pace story that had my heart racing as to what would happen next. Once again Reese Ryan has held our attention with an amazing story. I want to read the entire Texas Cattleman's Club.
Jennifer Copeland
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His Until Midnight by Reese Ryan was a hot and steamy read. I enjoyed this book so much. I enjoyed the storyline as well as the chemistry between Tessa and Ryan. This friends to lovers is the best book that I have read by far! I was hooked from the first paragraph. I couldn't put this book down
Nana Prah
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the friends to lovers trope and this story did not disappoint. It went from sweet to hot, hot, hot! I was rooting for Tessa and Ryan the whole time.
Wendy W
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Both main characters have to be willing to step out of their comfort zones. Ryan Bateman and Tessa Noble have been family friends since both were children. An auction brings the two closer when Tessa decides to participate in the auction. Seeing his friend in a new light Ryan has no choice but to act on his feelings. This friends to lovers romance was very enjoyable.
Rebeccastump
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Precious Nunez
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute Story

I loved their chemistry. The way they navigated the awkwardness from the transition into lovers was both cute and realistic.
Angela Hillman
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

A beautifully written love story!! Ryan and Tessa's story is what dreams are made of. Resse Ryan has a way of making you feel as if you are in the story yourself.
Lakenya Robertson-smith
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me a minute to get into the book,but it was worth the wait.
Toni
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was excellent! Reese Ryan wrote a great story about two friends who became lovers. Little do they realize that they have been in love with each other for a long time.
Veda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bachelor auction, never go the way you plan. Add into the mix best friends, love.
Sharonda Isadora
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
His Until Midnight is a cute friends-to-lovers romance that will have you cheering for our couple to be, Tessa and Ryan.

After spending a weekend together that gets more than a little heated, both Tessa and Ryan have to decide if their friendship is worth taking things a bit further. The story pacing was great and there is a good amount of build-up to the romance between these two long time friends.

There was some over-the-edge dramatics to move the story plot along IMO but those said dramatics
CaroMommie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough how frigging wonderful this story is. It is a beautifulllll telling of friends to lovers, and the heat y’all, whew!

Tessa and Ryan dealing with the change in their situation is everything you’d want in this kind of story. It has all the drama needed to keep you engaged, the supporting characters are the perfect compliment to move it along, without them being a distraction. This is just a well balanced tale that I thin you will enjoy.
Teresa Woodard
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yes, yes, yes. Reese Ryan is one of my new favorite authors. Sweet, steamy. Fun friends to lovers that read authentic.
« previous 1 3 next »
Harlequin Desire:...: His Until Midnight by Reese Ryan 1 5 Dec 01, 2018 06:29AM
Author of the Bourbon Brothers and Pleasure Cove series, Reese Ryan writes sexy, emotional love stories with family drama and surprising secrets.

Reese is the recipient of the 2018 Donna Hill Breakout Author Award, a panelist at the 2017 Los Angeles Times Festival of Books and past president of her local Romance Writers of America chapter.

Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction (6 books)
  • Runaway Temptation
  • Most Eligible Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction Book 2)
  • Million Dollar Baby
  • The Rancher's Bargain
  • Lone Star Reunion (Texas Cattleman's Club: Bachelor Auction Book 6)