Start by marking “Toxic” as Want to Read:
Toxic

Toxic

I’m toxic. She’s pure. I can’t stay away.

I saved a life by taking another. It throttled me into a vortex of endless darkness with booze and sex as my only solace.

Until her.

Maria Richards brought light back into my life even through my drunken haze. For weeks, I treated her like trash. Felt guilty as hell the moment I left her bed and breakfast.

Life has a funny way of b
Published July 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Toxic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic

Start your review of Toxic
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

HOT COVER ALERT!

Stand-alone.
Release: July 9, 2018
Blurb:
I’m toxic. She’s pure. I can’t stay away.
Until her.
Life has a funny way of bringing back your past sins. A second chance with Maria stumbles in my
Britt The Red Hatter Book Blog
I am eating up these crossovers from these two. Both HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopman’s are outstanding on their own, but together these two are phenomenal. Add in the blending of worlds from each of their own series makes these books not just something totally unique but also flat out incredible. I thought I was blown away with the first one, but Toxic seriously knocked me on my rear.
Something both of these ladies know how to do well is hit you with a solid blow right in the feels. The amount of em
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker

When two of my fav authors-HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans collaborate and write a book together...they write one Hell of a book that isn't just HAWT as shit, but full of alpha-ness, a bad ass heroin and not just a romance read, but full blown action and adventure as well, which made for one awesome read!!!

Alex is a tall, good-looking and a total arrogant asshole!! My fav to read about in my books..lol

Maria is helping out at her parents Bed and Breakfast while they are on vacation. Of course
Stacy Jo
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg this book is amazing!! I fell for Alex instantly! Maria is the strongest woman I know and she certainly puts Alex in his place!
Becky Rendon
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I've said it before and I will say it again. These authors kill it! This dynamic duo will have you on the edge of your seat and in some ways- sanity! I am a fan of each individually. And when they get together, I can't stop squealing.

Toxic is a story I was desperate to read. If you've read Full Contact, you know where I'm coming from. My favorite Diamond is a mess. As a fan from the Syndicate days, it's hard to see a man I have loved turn into this utter mess. It's hard to see him and n
Mayas
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex and Maria story is a must read. It was so much going on but in a way that had you craving the next page and so on and so on. Demons can eat you alive, regardless of how hard you try to fight. They're there. Making themselves known but every demon has an angel that battles it and keeps it contained. Nothing ever goes away but a strong fight and determination goes a long way.

This storyline was that, an angel containing a demon. That angel was in form of family, support, love, and self respect
Marnie
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The man I used to be would cherish and love the hell out of a woman like her.”

There are some books that you enjoy so much, that you want others to read, but feel like anything you write won’t be good enough for a review – well, this is one them. This is a stand-a-lone, and I haven’t read Book 1 in the series, and I’ve one clicked it as my next read. I’ve also read the books about the previous generation by HJ Bellus, but this is my first one with Kathy Coopmans. Hers are definitely now on m
Lynn Lim
OH! MY! GOSH!!!! I love Alex and Maria.
There are truly two saviors in this book, both Maria and Alex. They saved each other.
Alex NEVER wanted to go into the family business. The one time he took a step in, it has nearly destroyed him. Yes, he had compelling cause, but, can he live with himself? He as turned to alcohol and women to try and drown out the memories. He in one drink away from destroying his life.
Maria meets Alex when she is filling in for her parents at their B & B while they are on
Stacy Hahn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Toxic is a great collaboration between Kathy Coopmans and HJ Bellus. Their writing was seamless and you couldn’t tell where one left off and the other started.

This book was so good from the beginning to the end. Alex won my heart in Full Contact and I was so excited to get his story. Alex fought so hard to stay true to himself and when he failed, he fell into a horrible downward spiral. He was at rock bottom when he first encountered Maria at her family‘s bed and breakfast. He was just awful to
Corrinne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome 2nd book in series great as I wasn’t expecting some things that did happen
Toxic loved it !!! You think you know what’s gonna happen then and how it goes then na but then yep it does but not what you expect I love how the book could of ended at a certain scene in car with them! But didn’t and i like how shit happens through out book then they make up and could be or thought it was the end but nooo more shit happens ! And story continues happily ever after but not fully what u expect like
Jill Badker
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First time reading these authors and wow am I happy I did. Toxic is a wonderful story of love, strength, and determination. Alex was heading down a dark path with no light at the end. Until he stayed at Maria's families bed and breakfast and finds light in her. But has to leave to save her and keep hating himself. But then their paths cross again and Alex can't let it go this time. Maria can't deny the pull and the sadness in Alex's eyes. They have many hurdles to jump, but they do it together a ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS FOR TOXIC!! This book was simply delicious, I read it in one sitting. OMG.....these two authors are the perfect mixture for creating a 5 star story, with sexy as sin heroes and strong beautiful heroines. I loved Alex and Maria, their story is unforgettable with all the sexiness, drama, suspense and love. Do yourself a favor and 1-click this book.
Jenny B
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex is officially my favorite all time book boyfriend. I loved his personality, his struggles with his demons, his trying to find his way away from the family business. Maria and her strong and determined personality was perfect to offset him and keep him on his toes. The twists were perfect and definitely left me wondering who to trust.

Could not put this book down once it was started and I am empty without it.
Diane plourde
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is was an amazing 5 star story that had it all. Heartfelt characters, romance, suspense and family. A story that was easily read during a slow night shift. So intriguing that I didn’t think for one minute about being sleepy.

Alex had to do the unimaginable in order to save his cousins life but months later he’s still reeling from that event. Drowning in alcohol and women. Then comes along Maria, a breath of fresh air. A focus and goal oriented women who doesn’t take crap from Alex. He need
Tammi
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love these crossover books! I have not read the original series. The authors are doing a great job, I don't feel lost or like I am missing something. What I am feeling is curious about the parents stories, I am getting just enough backstory to make me want to read the originals.
When I started reading this book I thought it was going to wreck me I was so sad with the circumstances of our hero. I also thought it would be the typical he is fixed by the love of a good woman. I was wrong!! It was m
Kylee
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You will find Alex and Maria slipping under your skin without even realizing it. When you are drowning in the darkness like Alex is, it will take the light that shines from someone as pure as Maria to finally make this man realize that he needs to be the man he once was. As life lays its cards on the table in front of Alex this man will need to pick his Queen of Diamonds and hold her close to his heart to finally play the winning hand. Maria sees past Alex's atrocious behaviour to the darkness t ...more
Lynne Garlick
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot tell you how excited I was to find out that these two amazing authors have written another crossover novel!! Like legit girly squeals! And then I found out it featured Alex Diamond?! Dead!
Since reading the ending of Full Contact he grabbed my attention and my heart and didn't let go.
Maria is such a sweet, sassy, strong young woman who doesn't deserve the way he treats her when they first meet, I mean he is a full on melt!
But she sees the pain in his eyes that he tries to hide from his f
Kim Gauger
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A story that has so many elements to it. I absolutely loved the story of Maria and Alex. Alex, son of a mafia man and Maria the country bumpkin with the voice of an angel. A pairing you wouldn't expect but their chemistry is off the charts. Major twist toward the end of the book will keep you at the edge of your seat. It is always great to have that bit of suspense even in a great romance book. Every thing about this book is great. Bellus and Coopmans make a perfect cowriting pair again in this ...more
Konny
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Toxic by HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans is a full length, standalone romance novel, told in a dual POV.
Maria Richards is a 20 year old college student. She works at the family´s B&B and has a loving family. The only thorn in her side is a more than rude guest, Alex Diamond.
Alex is member of a mob family. But PTSD let him drift into a abyss. He´s about to becme a alcoholic. He drinks to drown his demons, to no avail. He´s rude and crude and treatens the people around him like dirt.
But Maria sees s
Gwen Shafer
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these two authors together. This book is amazing right from the beginning. I love the story line and the chemistry. Twists turns suspense love. Everything you could ask for in a great book. Very well written. Maria is an amazing character. So strong and lovable. I absolutely love how she stands up for what she wants. Alex is yummy and lovable. He does go through a few things but comes out stronger with Maria by his side. Highly recommend this very enjoyable book.
Heather andrews
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex loves shower his woman with compliments, “you look good underneath me, baby. Bet you’ll look perfect on top." Alex is all for making his lady's fantasies come to lught just on his terms, “possibly. Might have to borrow the family jet for that one. Nobody touches or sees what’s mine.” I loved this book, like Alex was such a hard*** to everyone but when it came to Maria the man was putty in her hands. Maria didn't take his crap either she gave it right back to him.
Anne Milne
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always think that a good collaboration is when the reader has no idea who has written what part which is the case with this book.

Alex and Maria are two strong stubborn characters who butt heads from the moment they meet. After a brutal encounter Alex is drowning, coming to terms with his actions is pushing him to drink and women. Maria is like a boomerang he can't get rid of her or stop thinking about her.

I enjoyed this story and the characters, it's emotional and fun with lots of fun sexy ti
Mandy
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved HJB’s Royal Atlas series and Hart was a fav of mine. Love that Kathy and Heidi teamed up to continue on with the families joining forces. Are we gonna get Aaron’s story next? Hint hint. Loved every page of this book.
Crystal Gray
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex sure met his match in Maria. She calls him out on his crap. BUT can he keep her? How much crap will she put up with? Read Toxic to find out!

While it was an amazing spin off of The Traveller and The Syndicate Series Books 1-3, it is not necessary to read them first.
Cindy
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-books-2018
HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans deliver us a beautifully written book. A story of family, violence, turning to alcohol, overcoming tragedy, forgiveness, and love. I couldn't put Toxic down. From page 1 I was drawn in.

I felt the strong connection and desire that Alex and Maria shared.
And their journey to happiness isn't an easy one. Toxic is a thrill ride full of twists and turns. But watching these two overcome the odds was beautiful. A 5 star must read from these talented authors.

*I voluntarily
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Empire Strong Stars!!!✯✯

HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans are one of my top fav go-to co-authors. They don’t disappoint and I mean never!! Toxic was no different.

After everything that went down with Full Contact with Alex saving Justice and her unborn child Alex wasn’t the same. Him and Justice never wanted to be in that part of the Diamond empire. It’s why their family bought an NFL team and have them running it. They're still in the empire. They don't do the mafia side, but the busines
Lynn Reynolds
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Maria Richards wishes she were somewhere else. Alex Diamond is all about getting the job done. But that job comes with consequences. One thing they have in common is family. This story doesn’t start out with any hearts and flowers. It left me feeling sorry for Alex but it also left me glad when I finally saw his “aha” moment.

A secondary character that I came to love was Maria’s Aunt Peaches. Would love to visit her establishment and then read this book all over again. But Maria
Tianna
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When HJ Bellus and Kathy Coopmans decide to co-write a crossover book called Full Contact I was elated! They elevated their series to new heights with this next generation and the two series were blended together so well! I couldn’t wait for Alex’s story and the fact that the ladies now blended another series of HJ Bellus’, well my heart just about left my chest!

Toxic is a crossover that continues from Full Contact and is Alex and Maria’s story. I don’t know how Kathy and HJ do it every time but
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maria and Alex met the first time when he ends up staying at her family's Bed & Breakfast while she's helping out her parents. He's a drunken mess, who always has a woman with him. She thinks when he leaves, that's it, she won't see him again, but she would be wrong. Fate steps in, and they cross paths again, but this time, Maria can see the demons that he's trying to forget about, so she gets to know him a bit better, and feelings follow. But Alex wants to become a man worthy of her, so there's ...more
Mary Keiser
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diamond

Here's the deal, you had me for much of this story, I was hooked and really curious on what was going to happen. But something changed for me in the second half of the book, it becomes repetitive and I almost think the authors were trying too hard with the conflict. Alex is already struggling with his sobriety, and dealing with the fallout from his actions but let's add Lexi into the mix and why not Lance too. But here's the thing, I didn't feel like Alex put much work into his sobriety,
« previous 1 3 next »

• Vengeance (Vindicator #1)
  • All This Time (Sweet Sin #3)
  • Warrant (Vindicator, #2)
  • Abrupt
  • Retaliation (Vindicator #3)
  • The Redemption of Roan (The Syndicate, #2)
  • Untwist (Unbound Trilogy, #3)
  • The Absolution of Aidan (The Syndicate #3)
  • The Wrath of Cain (The Syndicate, #1)
  • Undone (Unbound Trilogy, #2)
  • Unravel (Unbound Trilogy Book 1)
  • Fateful Fighter (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Lost Boy
  • The Deliverance of Dilan (The Syndicate #4)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Sweet Sin, #2)
  • Empire  (The Syndicate #5)
  • Notorious King
  • The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/