Start by marking “Cocktales” as Want to Read:
Cocktales

Cocktales

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  1,479 Ratings  ·  324 Reviews
About the Cocktales Anthology:
Cocktales is a limited-release anthology (available *only* from May 26 – August 26, 2018) of original, never before published material, some of which is raw and unedited. Each story was specifically written for this anthology.

Published May 26th 2018 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Cocktales, please sign up.

Penny Reid
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Cocktales is a limited-release anthology of original, never before published material, from some of your favorite bestselling authors is coming May 26th!

Each story was specifically written for this anthology.
The goal of the Cocktales Anthology is to raise funds to fight against obstruction of creative expression. Specifically, what we believe are obstruction attempts through the trademarking of common (single) words for titicular use in books / or as a book series (eBooks, print, and audio).

** C
Melanie

This anthology was inspired by a gross human being making poor choices, and I loved reading and supporting this! Also, you only have until August 26th (a day before my birthday) to buy this collection of stories from so many amazing and beloved authors! Don't miss out, loves! All net profits will be donated to the authors already impacted by creative-obstruction (10%), and Romance Writers of America (RWA) (90%) as a general donation intended for their Advocacy Fund.

This is a collection of 39 sho
Julie Johnson
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
🐓 IT'S LIVE! 🐓

For reasons™ I cannot disclose, I STRONGLY encourage you to one-click the COCKTALES Anthology right this instant... while you have a chance. 🤐And... that's all I'm allowed to say about that.
#oneclickthatcock

🐓 GRAB A COCKY! I mean... COPY! 🐓
AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2L7YHvF
iBOOKS: http://bit.ly/cocktales-ibooks
KOBO: http://bit.ly/cocktales-kobo
B&N: bitly.com/cocktales-nook
GOOGLE PLAY: http://bit.ly/cocktales-googleplay
___
I am so mother-clucking honored to be a part of COCKTALES,
Jan
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Praise the Lawd!!!
I can't miss this!

Just pre-ordered this for a salty price of £7.99 but I'm gonna tell ya, IT FEELS SO GOOD!

You go Authors!!!!!!!!

We have your back!

*ALL* net profits will be donated to:
1) Authors already impacted by creative-obstruction (10%), and
2) Romance Writers of America (RWA) (90%) as a general donation intended for their Advocacy Fund.
Sophia Triad
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A limited-release anthology (I think it is until August 2018) of never before published material.

It contains some of my favorite authors like Sawyer Bennett, Meghan Quinn, Penny Reid, CD Reiss, Aleatha Romig, Sierra Simone, Tara Sivec and so many others.

The stories are really short. I have already read a few stories and I loved it!

It is incredible seeing so many different writing styles in one book.

ALL proceeds will go to fight Trademark Bullying.

Some random cocky quotes:

A Wicked, Cocky Plan by
Corinne Michaels
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cocktales, a limited-release anthology of original, never before published material, from some of your favorite bestselling authors is coming May 26th!

LIVE!
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2ImisBR

Kate's Corner
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, 4-stars
Still available for purchase!!!!

RELEASE 26/05 - HAVE YOU GOT YOUR COPY YET? WELL I HAVE. SUPPORT THE CAUSE.

Foreword by Nana Malone. 4☆

Glad you found a tribe to help you.

I never really liked the word cocky but now I despise the word. Go with cheeky and not cocky was the best choice even if your hand was forced.

Cocked & Loaded by Dylan Allen. 3☆

Although said to be part of the crowd it was a douche move Chuck. The whole revenge trope because he was a twerp isn't for me.

Double Cocked by Jana A
Sabrina
May 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Don't miss out on this anthology! Only a few more days to get it before it won't be available to buy.

US: https://amzn.to/2k3ADhc
UK: https://amzn.to/2rRWbAQ

Leonor
May 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Not planning to read anytime soon but I still bought it. Never been more than happy to pay this amount of money on a book.
I'm 1000% supportive of this cause.
Wendy'sThoughts
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Multiple Romance Authors
5 Cocky Smart, Cocky Sexy, Cocky Brilliant Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
When I was a teen, Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors was a big deal. You could go in there and get overwhelmed by all the choices of ice cream they had available. Most of the time, I would end up with ole standbys...

One time I decided to fill a container with every flavor I loved plus others I hadn't tried before. There had to be about 10 different ones in there. Yes, I did share it with friends. We went to the movie 2001 Space Odysse
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
If anyone's missed the #cockygate kerfuffle, a certain author lost her damn mind, bullied other authors and is trying to trademark a FGHJKLKMJNBVGHUIOIKJHBGVBNM word!

If you want a few minutes of entertainment on the matter... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9OR...

Anyhoo, I know RWA isn't perfect. They need to do a better job of embracing diversity but they went to bat for authors that were immediately impacted by this BBA who went straight to Amazon and wielded their ridiculous rules with impu
Robin Hill
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-romance
Read so far:

Sierra Simone, Until the Cock Crows
Kelly (and the Book Boar)

Not to mention I borderline cyberstalk half of these dang people for their new releases anyway.
Paige
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved loved. Not just the short stories but the cause too.
Jaya
That was my good deed of the month!
3.85 ⭐
Some of them stories, am definitely going to re-read :)
Sh3llraiser

Yes! This looks fantastic!

Pre-ordered to support the cause!
Carol
May 26, 2018 marked it as tbr-already-own
This book was published by a collection of romance authors in response to a fellow author that has now became infamous because of her attempts to intimidate her fellow authors. She has famously trademarked a variation of the word used in this title and has threatened other authors with litigation .
I can also state that she believes in censoring the opinion of book readers on this site having just found out today that my review of her book was pulled by goodreads for addressing this authors bad b
Grecia Robles
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I NEED MORE OF CLETUS AND JENN!!!!

Este relato corto de Cletus Y Jenn pertenece a su nuevo libro Engagement and Espionage y será una nueva serie sobre ellos y sólo son dos capítulos y la crueldad de Penny radica en que este libro sale hasta en otoño del 2019 NECESITO ESE LIBRO!!! Me ha dejado con ganas de más.

Di con esta antología porque estaba Penny involucrada y después me enteré que era un relato de Cletus con Jenn y me imaginé que era un fragmento cortito de ellos no que pertenecía a su nue
Josiane
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is beyond entertaining to read. I’m loving every sexy and dirty little tale.

I read the “Foreword” by Nana Malone. It contained words like “#cockygate”, “trademark”, “cease and desist”…
Wait
What?
Where have I been?
Someone filed a copyright on a word?
You mean you can pick a word in the dictionary and prevent other people from using it?
Surely this is a joke and whatever office approves these copyright requests will laugh and deny it but maybe …maybe they won’t?

I had to get the skinny
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, page-turner
I support this!!

I loved this so so much!! I learned so many new and fantastic authors! I would recommend buying this and supporting this cause! I even read a few fantasie stories and I'm extremly hard to please with such stories and these I liked!!

I adored the story from Rachel Van Dyken probably the most!! It was so so good!! It would be fabulous if it was also included in Eulogy!

Love all these authors!!
Lisazj1
*Edit* There's a lot of good stuff in these pages. Hot, sexy, sweet, funny, angsty and magical. I enjoyed every bit of it. But most of all I enjoyed supporting, in a small way, a great community of readers and authors who look out for each other when needed in whatever way they can. I admire the hell out of that.

To every single author that put their time into this, thank you! You rock. <3

*******

There is no way in hell I'd miss this one.

There's already great snark, just in the blurb: Disclaim
maggieandteddy
Author ! Author ! etc...
Wow, what a great group of fantastic stories by some fabulous authors.
I paid a lot more than I usually do for an ebook. I really didn't hesitate-for the cause.
I have NO regrets. Some are extra scenes, some are previews, some are extra/previously deleted scenes, some bonus scenes, etc.
My heart was heavy while reading Nana Malone's Forward.
I then ready the first story- Dylan Allen's -very good-my first/not my last by this author!
I was so happy to ready stories from severa
Julia Kent
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got my print copies and bought the eBook on iBooks!
Lady Heather
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anthologies
 photo cocky-final 2.jpg

Cocktales Anthology
Publishing Date: May 26th
Cover Designer: CD Reiss

Each story was specifically written for this anthology.
AJ
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic, quickie, steamy

*ALL* net profits will be donated to Authors already impacted by creative-obstruction (10%), and Romance Writers of America (RWA) (90%) as a general donation intended for their Advocacy Fund.*

Each story was spec
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Can I just say how amazing it is that these authors are able to fit these fantastic stories into just a few short chapters and make them feel so complete. My reviews for some of the novellas below. All proceeds of this book will go to support a great cause #cockygate

The Golden Sombrero by Kate Stewart
5+++ Stars

This is a Balls in Play Novella featuring Alice and Rafe. Gah! This was my favorite read! It starts off like it's just going to be a cute, sexy read but I should have known to expect bet
Erin
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
5 stars on principle
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Cocky Love' Stars!

What an amazing anthology and what a great cause! It was fantastic to see many of my favorite authors come together for this collection of cocky short stories and let me tell you it's so worth it. I read most of the shorts, and I surely have my favorites, but I enjoyed every single one that I read. It has a little bit of everything and it surely has lots of cocky people in it ;)

My favorite thing (besides this incredible cause) is that I catched up with some of my favorite c
Elena
Look, I'm no contemporary romance fan and normally I wouldn't touch a book that takes pride in the cockiness of its leading men in such a blatant way with a ten-foot pole: the genre is filled to capacity with arrogant assholes cocky heroes whose cockiness seems to be their only defining quality and a default setting for basically any romantic lead (because if they're not cocky alpha males then they're beta heroes - and that's another niche altogether: duh!)

But I digress. I wouldn't touch a conte
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive
“You have stolen my heart and soul, if such things exist for a creature like me. I'm yours. Forever. If you'll have me.” 0 likes
“To say I'm stunned would be an understatement . Vampires. Magic doors. Mermaids.” 0 likes