Start by marking “Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)” as Want to Read:
Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)

Alpha Heat

(Heat of Love #2)

A desperate young alpha. An older alpha with a hero complex. A forbidden love that can’t be denied.

Young Xan Heelies knows he can never have what he truly wants: a passionate romance and happy-ever-after with another alpha. It’s not only forbidden by the prevailing faith of the land, but such acts are illegal.

Urho Chase is a middle-aged alpha with a heartbreaking past. Car
ebook, 1 edition, 424 pages
Published May 12th 2018 by Leta Blake Books (first published May 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Alpha Heat, please sign up.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* It's not the traditional transgender, but it's very similar. In this world society had died out and unfortunately all the female race has ended. There…moreIt's not the traditional transgender, but it's very similar. In this world society had died out and unfortunately all the female race has ended. There are only males (changed with DNA slices) in this book, so there could not be the traditional transgender.(less)

Start your review of Alpha Heat (Heat of Love #2)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
OMFG, I can't believe I ended up going from confused as F to in love with this story.

I decided to jump into the story blind without reading the first story in the series, which was a little bit of a mistake. For one, I've never read a non-shifter story with alpha/beta/omega dynamics before, much less one with knotting and m-preg! Talk about out of my comfort zone... but little kinky me was up for the challenge. *wink, wink*

I'll admit, I had no idea what was happening for the first 50 pages or s
Leta Blake
May 11, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now Available: https://amzn.to/2IiDwoL

As I typed the words THE END on Slow Heat, I knew I had to write a follow up book about Jason's best friend Xan. Almost immediately the general set up appeared to me and I knew exactly how the book would end. When it came time to write his story, he didn't fight me, and, in general, the book just rolled out like ocean waves. In the end, it might be one of my personal favorite writing experiences, though, goodness it did take some time! Thanks for being curio
DarienMoya
Audio: October 2018

The Story: The Story is about the same in rating even though I did get great enjoyment from it. I think its about a 4.5 now.

The Narration: 5++++++ Pants Off

Michael Ferraiuolo is NO JOKE!! I could listen him all day and forever. He makes every character unique and they come alive and I just can never get enough.

I do wish there was more inflection in certain scenes where it called for a harsher edge and louder in tone. I wanna hear some sexy yelling from Mr F, but apart from tha
Ariana
Absolutely awesome.
So so good. Trust me. 😊
I have been looking forward to this one since I’ve read Slow Heat. A book that wasn’t only one of my most favourite reads last year, but also one that challenged me and pushed my boundaries (mpreg!) in the best possible ways.

Xan and Urho, two “supporting characters in other men’s (Jason and Vale’s) love stories” (as they themselves acknowledge, LOL, loved the tongue in cheek!) Sparks were flying between them in book 1, but how could something ever happ
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Wonderful Hearts

Thankfully, this still remains one of the best ABO series/stories I’ve ever read, as it continues to not slack in the world building nor the complex cultural constructs on what it means to be an alpha, a beta, and an omega. This further expands on the nuanced dynamic of how each type is forced into roles, rules, laws and regulations - all dictating how one should be and who they should be with.

Fear not that this is some extensive boring societal commentary. It uniquely sets t
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 5++++ what can I say... Michael Ferraiuolo gives amazing narration ;-P
Story - 4.25 Alpha-shaped omega stars!

Book 1 didn't work for me. I didn't like the story, and I really didn't like the characters. It was the writing alone that had me pushing through and finishing.

Book 2, OMG, book 2!!! I loved it!! It was angsty but emotionally satisfying. The same characters I disliked in book 1, I ended up adoring, loving and admiring. I'm hoping for a book 3.

I had no idea an audio was going to be
Xia Xia
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first picked up Slow Heath, I had to give explanations that I had not in fact been hijacked by a changeling, and that I have voluntarily picked up an Mpreg book.

During Slow Heat I've met two secondary characters called Urho and Xan, whom I didn't really care much about, not because they were superficial characters, but because I became obsessed with Jason and Vale.

Since I knew J&V would make an appearance in Alpha Heat, I decided to pick up the book. And boy-oh-boy, did Xan make an impre
Keira Andrews
Another amazing book in Leta Blake's MPREG alpha-omega universe! I edited this one and am thus biased, but I truly loved it. I don't normally read this genre, but I am HOOKED on the world Leta has created. After reading Slow Heat, I immediately wanted to know more about poor angst-ridden Xan. And I wanted to know more about the sparks between him and older alpha Urho.

As two alphas, their love is forbidden, and that is just one of my fave tropes ever. There is dynamite UST between them, and holy
Cadiva
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Superb second instalment in the Heat of Love series

Leta Blake's Slow Heat was one of my favourite reads last year and this follow-up is going on the favourites shelf too.

It's a passionate, complex tale which delves further into the fascinating non shifter Omegaverse world she's created in this series and I couldn't put it down.

Since finding about Xan's "unnatural" desires in book one, and seeing the spark with him and Urho, I've been dying for Leta to finish this story.

It's every thing I hoped i
annob
I adore the first book in this series so much, and have re-read it several times. I recommend anyone to begin with book 1, especially since it contains the full back story of both Xan and Urho. Also to get the full story about so many of the side characters of book 2, to fully catch all the nuances and quips in the dialogue.

I have to confess Urho was not a favourite of mine in book 1. Perhaps I felt possessive of Vale on Jason's behalf back then, but I quickly came to like Urho much better in t
Debra

I would not recommend jumping into this book without having read Slow Heat as you will likely not have a good grasp on the world-building and background of the characters. This story picks up four years later and the focus shifts to Xan and Urho, secondary characters in the first book, but Vale and Jason play a big part as well.

Once again I was pulled right into the book. I had a major soft spot for Xan by the end of book one and I loved the way his story played out here. Since we last
BWT (Belen)

Michael Ferraiuolo does a fantastic job with the narration. He brings out each character's stubbornness, desire, strength, and comfort so well and really brings each character to life. His character voices are pretty easy to follow (though I personally wish Xan and Caleb had less of a similar tone), and ultimately made my listening experience a real joy.

Alpha Heat is a non-shifter A/B/O romance told in a dual third-person POV featuring a lot of hurt/comfort, plenty of sexy scenes (no cheating),
Elena
This isn’t going to be a review, I just need to mark these books as read and I want to make sure Teal and Mymymble nobody thinks my account has been hacked or I’ve been replaced by an alien, both scenarios usually more likely than me reading a book, let alone two, set in a universe with mpreg.

Apparently, weird things happen when you put me, my curiosity, a Kindle Unlimited membership and a list of rave reviews from my friends, in a room on a Saturday afternoon.
Weird things like me starting a b
rowenalovelace
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 points.

Summary of the 75% book:
Mentions of Jason and Vale.. skip
Pointless conversations.. skip
Too steamy smex.. skip (sometimes it's really too steamy, what can I say!)

After that, everything was chaos, but I liked it I guess.. That was mostly because of Caleb and how amazing character he was. I don't even want to start with the world-building, like treating Betas like they are accessories etc.. I didn't want to imagine that kind of world at all, but somehow toward the end, the author at leas
Fabi
It takes more than a talented writer to make a good book. It takes editing and it takes proofreading.

This book is not ready for publication. The enormous amount of typos, wrong words, missing words, and misspellings is shameful.

Is it a good story? Yeah, it is.

Would I recommend it? No. Not until it is proofread and corrected.
Eugenia
Sizzling Hot! It made me feel things! Everywhere!

*****4.5 Stars****This book was scorching hot! I loved every word of it, every scene!

This is the follow up to Slow Heat, which should be read first. Here we get to see Xan’s story...one much more complex than Jason and Vale’s from book one.

In this alternate universe, no women exist. Men have been genetically altered to be able to give birth to male children. These are the omegas or the society. They contract with alphas who are the only ones capab
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
I don't read a lot of paranormal but I've been quite enjoying this series.

I know authors don't like for their books to be called "guilty pleasures" but that's what these are for me. They're outside of my typical read. They're kinky. They're dirty.

My only complaint would be the length, Leta Blake typically writes longer books. But I was never bored.

Wonder if Caleb and Janus will be next??
Melissa
A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

I have wanted to read Xan's story since I first met him in Slow Heat. He captured my heart right from the start and I hoped I would get to read his story and here it is!!!! It didn't go the way I thought, but that's ok because in many ways, this was so much better than my imagination. Not only so Xan and Uhro get to be together, but they also have Caleb, an asexual omega who gives them both everything they need.

After reading Slow
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I definitely enjoyed this book more than the previous one. I enjoyed seeing Xan with someone that could give him what he wanted. The other characters too made the book better. I was holding on to the hope that Caleb would have met someone that he was attracted to but it was not to be.

Great book!
Argona
*2.5 stars*
Way to repetitive and unnecessarily long.
Bibliophile
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I was a fan of the 1st book so I knew I had to read this book as soon as it came out. Some things I loved: Seeing Vale and Jason again (this was very much a continuation of their story at times). I also loved to sex between Xan and Urho (not only because it's forbidden and super hot and emotional --but because KNOTTING! Woo! ::fans herself:::). I also liked the secondary characters introduced such as Ray and Caleb. Beyond that, I loved how this story didn't shy away from the messiness of life an ...more
Lisazj1
I think I might have loved this even more than the first! Absolutely stunning.
Karen
Let's talk about magic...

I'm just going to explain myself a little bit here because otherwise I probably won't be making a whole lot of sense to a whole lot of people and I want to talk about magic for a couple of reasons...

One because we're living in troubled times right now and I think we need to find the good and the magic that's in this world where and when we can and because I found some magic right here in a book called 'Alpha Heat' so here's where I get to tell my story of how I came
Bev
reviewing audio books

What a whopper of an audio. I loved the story, but Michael's wonderful narration was the icing on top of the cake!! A distinct voice for each character [I particularly liked Caleb], the pacing and the delivery was excellent!! Can't wait to see where Leta goes with this series. 5 stars.

***Book Review***

Yay!! 🎉🎉 Xan, Caleb and stodgy, staid Urho...not your usual sort of jolly threesome combo it has to be said. I really loved this story, it has less world building than Slow Heat and was much more
Sanaa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018, age-gap, paranormal
I liked this one but a bit less than book one. I wish it wasn't as long as it was. I started to get bored at parts which made me want to skim.

But this was just as hot and the chemistry was all there! I'd love a book about Caleb next if I'm being honest.
Joyfully Jay
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I loved Leta Blake’s Slow Heat and was so excited to see that Xan and Urho were getting their story. Both men had been prominent side characters in that first book and we got hints of a connection between them that I was dying to see explored. I think Blake creates a really interesting story for these guys and continues with some creative world building. While the book follows many of the typical omegaverse conventions, the story goes in some really interesting plac
Trio
Alpha Heat is the second book in Leta Blake’s Heat of Love series. While this story can stand on its own, to truly understand the nuances of this society I recommend reading Slow Heat first. Also, there are a few scenes which are definite triggers for some, so make sure you check the tags before starting this book if you are sensitive.

The Heat of Love series takes place in a futuristic, post-apocalyptic world where no females survived the Great Death. Through evolution, genetic manipulation, and
Denise
3.5 Stars

I wavered between 3 and 4 stars but I think my issues with this book are more of a "me" problem. Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing story but the middle dragged for me and I lost interest. There is also a very unique, interesting relationship dynamic here that I wasn't expecting but ended up surprisingly liking. I think it's best if you let it play out as you read but just know there is no cheating and everything is consensual. I absolutely adored seeing Vale and Jason again from Sl
Daphne
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first one! Four years after we left the crew, we have another glimpse into the author’s creative yet annoyingly restrictive nonshifter abo world. I’m so hopeful that there will be more books to come. Ray, Janus, Ren...

Somehow the bleak existence and hopeless future of Xan was transformed into a gorgeous HEA. Urho wasn’t my favorite in the first book but he more than redeemed himself here. Caleb was an unexpected delight with his strength and certainty of who he was and what h
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
This book was as good as the first; in fact, it’s surpassed the first in my mind because I found the story-building complexity and build-up of the relationships in this one to be even more interesting than the first. We do get the characters from the first book around in this one as well, so there isn’t a complete shift/cut-off.

We're not dealing with fated-to-be-mated pairs this time, but three people who don't fit into their traditional roles. While the first was interesting, funny, and had a l
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Heat for Sale (Heat for Sale, #1)
  • Bond (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires, #1)
  • Alpha's Sacrifice (Irresistible Omegas, #1)
  • Alpha's Submission (Irresistible Omegas, #2)
  • His Surrogate Omega (Omega Quadrant #1)
  • Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • The Accidental Everything (Nerds Who Knot, #1)
  • Beta's Surrender (Irresistible Omegas, #3)
  • Alpha's Pride (Irresistible Omegas #4)
  • One Wild Heat (Alphas of the Western Provinces, #1)
  • One Wild Omega (Alphas of the Western Provinces #2)
  • The Heat Professor (Nerds Who Knot, #4)
  • Saved (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Omega's Protector (Irresistible Omegas #5.5)
  • Beta's Love (Irresistible Omegas #8)
  • Beta's Strength (Irresistible Omegas, #5)
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her da ...more

Heat of Love (3 books)
  • Slow Heat (Heat of Love, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Heat of Love #3)

News & Interviews

“Friends can break your heart, too, Xan,” Caleb whispered, tears welling again. “Just as badly, maybe sometimes worse than a lover. Because with a lover, from what I understand, you’re aware that it might not work out from the beginning, aren’t you? Unless you’re Érosgápe. With a friend, though, you don’t guard your heart.” 0 likes