Start by marking “Стоте (100-те, #1)” as Want to Read:
Стоте (100-те, #1)

Стоте

(The 100 #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  43,383 ratings  ·  5,852 reviews
Романът, по който е заснет хитовият сериал

Никой не е стъпвал на Земята от векове – досега.

След края на опустошителна ядрена война човешкият род живее на космически кораби далеч над радиоактивната повърхност на Земята.

Сега сто непълнолетни нарушители – без които обществото спокойно може да съществува – са изпратени на опасна мисия: да колонизират повторно планетата. За тях
Published May 29th 2018 by Ибис (first published September 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Стоте, please sign up.
DIΛΠΛ Honestly, the show is much better than the book. The book was good and all, but literally had no concept of time. Basically, the show just gives more…moreHonestly, the show is much better than the book. The book was good and all, but literally had no concept of time. Basically, the show just gives more depth to the novel. The pilot is basically is all of the first book and if you read the second book, it goes off into completely different directions. It will not spoil anything for you as the book and the show are distinctly different. But, I will assure that neither is a disappointment. It is just whether which one you read or watched first is more prioritized in the mind. So, if you watched the show first, you will feel that the book is disappointing in comparison. And if you read the book first, the show is disappointing in comparison. But, both actually are very good!(less)
Simra Seeing the show first kind of ruins the books. They are very different from each other, not just in overall story but also the characters and their…moreSeeing the show first kind of ruins the books. They are very different from each other, not just in overall story but also the characters and their development. You'll find the show turns out to be more descriptive about the surrounding -what the earth has become- than the book itself (partly because we can see it and don't have to visualize based on text) where as the book tells you a good detailed structure of the Ark.

It's a brilliant series. You'd fall in love with the same character from the show and book in two different ways. The character development as well as relationships between the characters are different in both.

The show take you on an adventure. You know you are sitting behind a screen and watching. You'll laugh and cry with the characters while while reading the book, you become the character. You know their fears, love, ideas, etc.

All in all, each take you on a different story; a different experience.My suggestion would be to not compare the book and the show. They have their own life. I wouldn't even call them siblings. More like far cousins. Try to understand the book as a baseline for the show and not the other way around. Compare the idea of characters (how they came to be as they are currently) and not the characters themselves or even their actions.

Further, don't worry about spoilers. As I said, the show and the book are like far cousins.(less)

·  43,383 ratings  ·  5,852 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
A terrifying plan began to take shape, and his chest tightened in fear as he realized what he would have to do. But Wells knew there was no other way. To save the girl he loved, he’d have to endanger the entire human race.

FUCK YOU, WELLS. There is another way. You stop being a selfish motherfucker whose brain is located in your fucking penis.

This book is not a dystopian novel of a spaceship society. It's not a post-apocalyptic tale of survival. It's not about the nitty gritty of life within a
Julie
I'm gonna feel like a dick for saying this, but: watch the show instead.

I'm really utterly fascinated with the differences they made to the material, and I honestly feel that the television adaptation made it a much stronger work & story -- I could write a lengthy essay on every single change, but won't, to spare you. I can really only recommend the book for die-hard fans of the show (which is what I have become, ahahahahahahaha sob) and who may want more from their faves, specifically POV c
Faye, la Patata
My recaps of the show!
Episode 1 - The Embodiment of Stupidity
Episode 2 - To Survive, Be Idiots
Episode 3 - Everyone is Valuable, Except The Guy I Hate
Episode 4 - Double Standard Much?

“This shit is going to be a TV show?” was the first thing I thought of when I turned the last page of this book.

I was initially interested in 100 by Kass Morgan when I found out it was going to be adapted into a TV show on CW channel (I think. I may have got this wrong, so please correct me if I got it mixed up!).
Fenia
OMG!!! This book. Bellarke FEELS!! If you watch the show and you're a Bellarke shipper you'll love it! ♥

There were characters missing from the show,like Finn or Jasper and Raven. BUT we had others to keep us company. Glass and Luke are so cute and their story is amazing! Octavia is less fierce in the books. And we had lovely POVs of lots of different characters,so that was interesting. Now the important stuff. BELLARKE. BELLAMY AND CLARKE. CLARKE AND BELLAMY. OTP ♥ I adore them so much!!

Beauti
Riley
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-review, arc
I didn't hate this. I thought I would but I didn't.
I think if I hadn't already watched the show, and loved these characters I would have been extremely annoyed and frustrated with them. But since I went into the book with love of the characters and the world, things that typically would annoy me didn't.

But yeah I honestly only liked this because I love the show so much and because I FINALLY got a Bellarke kiss
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I think about this book all the time, and to this day, I cannot actually believe this book spawned the first two seasons of the 100. How did the tv shows' creators make anything half-decent out of this shitshow?

A quick list of the reasons the book doesn't live up to the tv show
• Clarke is not a badass with complex morality
• she's a shallow, undeveloped prop for a love triangle because that’s what we need more of in YA
• Bellamy and Clarke have crappy romantic development. I don't even ship them
Wendy Darling
DNF at 182 pages. It's not bad, it's just not terribly engaging, and there are too many POVs. Best to stop at this line:

There was no drug strong enough to repair a broken heart.
Aishu Rehman
One of the fav. books I've read this year. The idea is so new and unique its perfectly plotted and the characters are well developed and not TSTL. Clarke is strong and badass, Bellamy is...well.. HOT. The chemistry between them is so adorable. I liked Wells too. And the tv show is soo good!
Let me pre-ample this review by saying I adore the TV show "The 100". A lot of this, I will admit, has to do with this:

BUT a greater part of that is because I think it does a superb job of showcasing humanity's strengths and weaknesses.

To say that Morgan's novel does the same would be a lie! Where the show is about survival, the book is - primarily - about human stupidity and the ridiculous shit we will do for "love".

I have often said I am not a romantic person, this is not entirely true. The
Giselle
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own
With a fantastic premise and an overall interesting plot, I can see why The 100 has already been signed on by CW as a TV series. If only it was tightened up with better character development and a stronger dedication to world building instead of establishing the romantic angle, it could have been a real page turner. Nevertheless, it's interesting enough to warrant a read. I believe its success will lay in the TV series, however.

100 teenagers are to be sent to earth after humans evacuated it 300
Stacia (the 2010 club)
The top of the review space says : What did you think?

What did I think? I think I'm out. That's what I think. DNF @ 40%.

There were too many PoV's. As well, there were too many flashbacks for too many PoV's. And let's not forget that I get iffy when there's too much flirting/pining/romance when it starts to choke out a great sci-fi concept.

Sadly, I'm not even sure if the show is going to work for me. When all the kids ran off the ship in a very non-cautious and jubilant way, I think my mouth dro
Courtney Wells
I've been watching the show since it first aired and am ashamed to admit I didn't know there was a book it was based on.

Having read this, I understand why changes were made for the show's purposes but I feel the book really did more with the characters. It was written in a style I felt was engaging and engrossing overall; however, some of the characters relied heavily on tropes and had flimsy, foolish motivations at times. For that reason the plot stretched disbelief in some places while wearin
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I picked The 100 up because I’m a bookaholic and I can’t control myself as one of NetGalley’s “read now” selections. All I knew going in was that this is currently a television series on the CW Network. Now, I’ve watched enough of the CW to know that (excluding the delicious train wreck called “Makeover Day” on America’s Next Top Model) the viewership (which, at times, includes myself) tends to land in one of the following camps:

50% D
Krista
May 13, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, little-brown
Saw a clip for the CW show, and all I can say is that it looks awesome! Now, I'm super excited for this book. Plus...this is generally what I think about YA books being made into television shows:

Twila
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Err... Just watch the show
Shelves: slow-in-places
I initially gave The 100 three stars, but after starting the TV show, I’ve realized how much better this book could have been. And it could have been 1000x better.

After a nuclear winter almost destroyed earth, what was left of the population had to turn to space to keep the human race alive. They are what they call the “colony” and have been living in space for what has been three hundred years. But their home has begun break and fall apart, and so 100 criminals are sent on a desperate mission
Kimi

Edit after watching 2 seasons of the TV Show in less than a week:

You guys ditch this book and go watch the TV Show like right now! It's 10 times better I kid you not.

-----------------------

So I basically read this book only because I heard so many great things about the tv show. I didn’t hate it, it was definitely a good story but I didn’t love it either, mainly because of the writing style.

The ones I hated:

Wells:

The stupidest idiot I’ve ever read about. He took some very questionable decisio
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
It's been a full 24 hours since I read this, but I CANNOT stop thinking about it! I am obsessed. I am sitting here impatiently waiting for the last two books in the series to get in my mailbox so I can marathon them both. Probably in one sitting. It's that good.
This is one of those books that completely surprised me, and a combination of beautiful (and seemingly effortless) writing, plus really cool characters, and an AWESOME/totally original storyline has sucked me in and consumed me.
READ. THI
Marnie
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tv show is one of my absolute favourites, so going into this book, I didn't actually have very high expectations. I'd heard that the book was very different to the show, and since I love the show, I wasn't too sure on what to expect. However, this book was exactly what I needed to feed my cravings whilst the tv show is on break until later in the year!

The story is different, and I liked hearing about the characters that have no appearance on the show. I mean, anything that involves Bellamy B
Eric Boot
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First read: July 2015 - 3.5 stars
Second read: May 2016 - 4 stars
Still: an amazing start to an amazing trilogy! I don't know why these books aren't more popular, the plot is fantastic, the characters feel so real, it's so good!
Liz Janet
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love this with all of my heart, I truly did. The show is one of my favourites of all time, but the book just left me disappointed.(except that one character that dies in the show in the first few episodes but is not dead in the books, although he is very hate-able in the book but likable in the show)It is:(view spoiler)

Also Finn is not in the book, I have no idea why there are covers with his face on, he is literally an invention for the show.

Now let us talk ab
Kate ♡
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
I quite enjoyed this book.

Loved seeing the different perspectives and flashbacks, those added a little something extra to the novel.

It was also fun picking out the similarities and differences to the TV Show, which I love so much.

I didn't feel a great connection to the characters in this book, but there was definitely something there, so hopefully it grows when I read the next 2 books!

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
The 100 has been billed as Battlestar Galactica for teens, and, for once, I totally agree with the marketing. Of course, it's very much season 3 Battlestar where things started going a bit off the rails, with some people on planet in weird costumes and Gaius Baltar becoming some sort of religious figure on the ships. I mean, not exactly, but that's the level of quality the book has. It's not the first season of awesome, and it's not quite the ending where I didn't know what the fuck was happenin ...more
Neil (or bleed)
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads, gave-away
1.5

When I first saw it in the bookstore and read the blurb on the back cover, I was intrigued. And I note to myself that I will love this one. But maybe you can't just force yourself to love something you don't find loving. What a shame.

I like the concept of The 100 yet almost the whole book was all about love-- kissing, saying "I love you" and whatnot. What the hell. Really characters, this is supposed-to-be a story of survival and discovery, not love. But love conquers all so that's why. Not t
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
The door slid open, and Clarke knew it was time to die.

Too many POV's for my taste... (Clarke and Bellamy's POV was perfectly fine for me, but Wells and Glass was okay in the start, but then I started losing interest in them, specially Wells..) , but I love ALL the Bellarke scenes! And yes, you have guessed it, I'm a HUGE Bellarke fan! Though, I had expected a love-hate relationship between Clarke and Bellamy like in the TV-show, but I guess you kinda have to separate the book and the show,
Rose
Quick review for a semi-quick read. I had been on the fence about reading Kass Mogan's "The 100" series. I think the tipping point was me finally taking the plunge and watching the CW series of the same name. The first season interested me enough to see what the book series had to offer, only to realize that the book is a horse of a different color entirely (seriously, do not go into the book series thinking that it mirrors the TV series of the same name. Certain characters who die early on in t ...more
Odette Knappers
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Read this book in one day. It is fast-spaced, indeed.

I enjoyed the suspence in this book, that you don't know what happened at the moment you want to know. I did had some trouble with finding out how the different people and point of views were related, but that was not a really big issue.

There is a big part in the middle where there is a lot of love storylines, but than the suspence raises again and oh my, I'm so glad I can read book 2 tomorrow!
Elesia
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
*3.25-3.5 stars*

I liked this more than I thought I would, but I didn't love it. I enjoyed the writing and I like the plot, but I had a problem with all the POV changes, there was too many POVs for me to be able to really connect to any of the characters and it was lacking with the world building. The book was good but I definitely prefer the TV show over the book, which is very rare!
Jess
Aug 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chocolate strawberries fans aka overpowering chocolate taste. Same case. Romance > dystopia.
To save the girl he loved, he’d have to endanger the entire human race.

Pick up your shit and get with the fucking program, Wells. You’re on what appears (objective word here) to be a post-apocolyptic toxic (but not fucking explained) dystopian Earth. How about you save the selfishness for a rainy day and take out some of that much needed self preservation.

If The 100 was anything, it surely, not even in it’s dreams, wouldn't be a post-apocolypitic dystopia. It’s a fucking romance novel. D
Valentina
so much more bellarke than in the tv show, also more wells and clarke but ugh
Alaina
Second time read. First time review.

HOLY MOSES BATMAN!

I can't believe it has taken me so long to dive back into this book/series. I love Bellarke with all of my heart guys! I don't really care about all of the other ships in this book because they are what I came for. If only, they were a thing in the show #hopeful.

Okay, so in The 100 Clarke, and a bunch of other kids that are delinquents, get to go on a trip. A forever kind of trip but a trip nonetheless. Well before diving into that, they all
Questions about The 100 by Kass Morgan 1 4 Jan 19, 2019 09:36AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The 100 series by Kass Morgan - Restarting November 10th 2018 116 190 Nov 25, 2018 12:31PM
Shut Up & Read: The 100 have you read? 1 27 Oct 03, 2018 03:26PM
Addicted to YA: The 100 TV Show 48 444 Apr 14, 2018 07:53PM
Recommendations 1 6 Nov 08, 2017 09:26PM

• Tumble & Fall
  • Relativity
  • Half Lives
  • Inhuman (Fetch, #1)
  • Other Worlds
  • Twinmaker (Twinmaker, #1)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Revolution 19 (Revolution 19, #1)
  • The Disappeared (The Disappeared #1)
  • Entangled (Entangled, #1)
  • Countdown
  • Relic (Books of Eva, #1)
  • Tandem (Many-Worlds, #1)
  • The Star Dwellers (The Dwellers, #2)
  • The Ward (The Ward, #1)
  • Blackout (Blackout, #1)
  • Wasteland (Wasteland, #1)
  • The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory, #1)
Kass Morgan studied literature at Brown and Oxford, and now resides in Brooklyn, where she lives in constant fear of her Ikea bookcase collapsing and burying her under a mound of science fiction and Victorian novels.

The 100 (4 books)
  • Day 21 (The 100, #2)
  • Homecoming (The 100, #3)
  • Rebellion (The 100, #4)
“Octavia was the only person in the world who truly knew him. There was no one else he really cared about ever seeing again. But then he glanced over Clarke, who was leaning over to breathe in the scent of a bright pink flower, the sun catching the gold strands in her hair, and suddenly he wasn't so sure.” 203 likes
“That was the thing about secrets-you had to carry them with you forever, no matter what the cost.” 171 likes