Start by marking “The Ticket (The Affair, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ticket (The Affair, #1)

The Ticket

(The Affair #1)

Her husband’s affair won her a golden ticket for a night with anyone, but what happens when the man she chooses wants more than her body?

Cris didn’t believe in forgiving a cheat, but when her own husband betrays her, she is faced with the hardest decision of her life. Does she stay or does she leave him?
She doesn't know which way to go, but she does know one thing. The on
Published May 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Ticket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ticket

Start your review of The Ticket (The Affair, #1)
Lisa
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
I was surprise that I enjoyed the storytelling given the topic. Everyone involved reacted to the situation real and relatable. The reaction was warranted and the behavior made sense. Nothing good comes out of cheating and consequences will result. It was emotional and a tough journey for all involved. Lots of secondary characters - but really why is everyone involved with cheating somehow??The pace was hit and miss with filler and it felt a bit long. The writing was tough to follow at times. It ...more
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 Stars! Forbidden affair book. I love this type of trope, the more forbidden the better. This wasn’t too bad. I loved that the chemistry seemed genuine with both men. I always end up siding with the guy the heroine doesn’t choose. I want to see how this turns out though.
Bookish Barbi
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A trope not many like...

But I absolutely loved.

Cheating in romance novels is such a big no-no. But guess what it’s realistic. Everything the FMC was going through was relatable.

This was my first Aidee James book and I know it won’t be my last. I need to finish this series.

Cris, heartbroken over what her husband did, is given an opportunity she just can’t let pass by.

Owen, broke his wife’s heart and now has to live with the repercussions.

Bo, an innocent bystander. Down for whatever.

Honestly
Marissa
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

When a woman’s husband is caught cheating, she is given the opportunity of having a one night stand. She thought she could do it without getting caught up with feelings but they both will end up falling for each other. In the end, who will she choose her husband or her one night stand as we are left wondering?

Helyce
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Oh, no! F**K no. CLIFFHANGER! No warning in the blurb.
M
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I’ve read a romance story with cheating as a focal point. But the way the author presented the situation kind of lessen the disgust factor with the act of cheating. It is still wrong but Cris’ and Owen’s behavior throughout the story gives it heart. There are a lot of steamy sex scenes but what makes it a compelling read are the emotions that comes from Cris, Owen, and Bo. I can’t wait to read the second part. [I received an advanced copy of this book and voluntarily chose ...more
Taina
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Headspinning Lust

Loved every minute of this book. Lust love sex and more sex. Take a chance on this love lust story
Charlotte Webb
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A hot read. True love wins in the end.
Alexa Whitewolf
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A hard story of a woman being cheated on who tries to find a way through... It won’t be a book for everyone. But the emotion, the rawness in it, definitely deserves 5*. Ms Jaimes definitely knows her craft!
Jamie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written debut

Cheating is not something I will read about. I am happy to say I took a chance on this story and the authored weaved a tasteful tale. You can feel every emotion that Cris & Owen are feeling as they try to get there marriage back on track.
Renee
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know when you think WTF well yeah I’m thinking WTF blew my mind
Stephanie D. Parker
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Ticketed Affairs

OMG....This book was so freaking good, I literally devoured it in one night!! I simply could not put it down! Such a heartwrenching beautiful story and the characters.... it all flowed so flawlessly! I can't wait to start the next book! This author rocks, my first book by Aidee Jaimes but will definitely be reading more of her books!
Michelle
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good, finished in one sitting...I NEED MORE!
Debi loves hot books
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The not so secret affair.

This was a take a chance read for me. I don't really care for cheating. The idea that Chris's husband cheated and to allow her to forgive him, he gives her a ticket for an one day affair. This was a quick grab for me. The story was really sexy, dreamy leading men and adorable kids. Remember the saying "be careful what you ask for" Bo is no regular cheating dog. Feelings and what if's leave us waiting for the next book. Hopefully it will come out soon. Well done.
Sherry
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful read!!! I loved this story and can hardly wait for the next book to come out!!!

What a wonderful read!! I can hardly wait for the next book to be published! It was a good get away
Bette
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Story & Narration🎧 Gripping & Heartfelt!

The Ticket
The Affair
By: Aidèe Jaimes
Narrated by: Felicia Palmer

I enjoyed this book immensely, it is an original story that is captivating from start to end. This is my first book written by Aidèe Jaimes, she is a gifted author with a wonderful writing style, the characters and storylines she created are realistic, easy to relate to and connect with. You could feel how much heart she put into this story, her descriptive details gives you an inside
V
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a really hard book to read for me because it wasn't just about them. They had a little girl where if the parents weren't careful it could affect the child as well.

I always believe than when I man cheats often it is from stupidity and being drunk and it really means nothing to him unless his a manwhore who can't keep his dick in his pants which in that case he deserves to be cheated on but unlike when a woman cheats it means a lot more than just spreading her legs open, of course, there
Michelle
Nov 06, 2020 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars. The synopsis drew me in immediately. Cris and Owen have been happily married for several years and have a daughter together. But things are obviously not perfect in any relationship if one of them strays. I was ready to stay mad at Owen for his transgression but he showed genuine remorse and despite what he did, he isn't a bad guy. Bo, on the other hand, reeks of all kinds of sin so when Cris decides to cash in on her golden ticket, he seems like the candidate for the job. As much a ...more
Felicia
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ticket by Aidèe Jaimes is a contemporary romance that I listened to on audio narrated by Felicia Palmer.

All I can say is Wow!!! Aidèe does an amazing job making you feel all the emotions that are coming from Cris, Owen, and Bo. This story took me on an emotional roller coaster. It does end on a cliffhanger but that wasn’t a surprise since its part of The Affair series. I cannot wait to dive into The Red Dress to get the rest of their story.

Felicia did an amazing job on the narration! She b
Jessica
Feb 22, 2021 rated it liked it
This book was very interesting and it definitely stretched my comfort level and thoughts on cheating. I don’t know how I feel about the whole thing. I would give it a solid 3.5. If you have a strong stance on no cheating, this is not the book for you.

The story was very intriguing and I liked the idea of tit for tat, but at the same time it felt a little harsh to need the revenge on purpose. I feel like there is a huge difference between an in the moment mistake and a premeditated one.

Either wa
Trisha c
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Chris and Owen and Bo
Does her husband having an affair give a ticket for one night with someone of her choice? What are the repercussions after the ticket is redeemed? Chris heart is torn between Her husband and Bo, who really wants her for his own. Aidee James tells this story with so much depth, jealousy, Angst, anger, loss and love. She shows the effects of betrayal in marriage.
Felicia Palmer is a new narrator for me She performed the story flawlessly. Giving each character their own voice a
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
2 stars. The writing left a lot to be desired. I didn't like any of the characters and this felt longer than it actually is. Too long. And I think that might be because there are a lot of moments where nothing is happening and it really bogs down the pacing. I just did not click with this book at all and I don't see myself reading the next book seeing as I really don't care about who she ends up with in the end. ...more
Lynn Zagrod
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. The author delivered a very unique story. However, I would hate to be in Cris' position. Needing to make a decision of the heart between two men. What a dilemma. The author did a great job of making both man endearing. I can't even decide for her. And, of course, you don't find out in this cliffhanger. The narrator did a good job with the characters and their personalities in this story. ...more
Kim Whitehead
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the second time I’ve read this authors book and I have to say I’m blown away!! I literally devoured this book! The anxiety of just needing to know what choices were going to be made were through the roof! Thrilling and captivating! Such an intriguing story line! Every time I had to set my tablet down, my thoughts ran so rampant that I had to get back to it ASAP! I mean it was addictive! Incredible story! Desperate for the next installment!
Candy
Apr 04, 2020 rated it liked it
It was ok..

I liked the story line. Her husband had an affair and felt very remorseful. She thought that 2 wrongs made it right. So she tells him that she should get a "free ticket" for her to sleep with someone else. Just 1 night. But she didn't expect the feelings involved. It does end on a cliffy... I'll have to read the next book to see what happens.
Pisces
Sep 01, 2020 rated it did not like it

If you cannot take "I love them both" pingpong heroines then this one isn't any better. It's only at the end that she finally decides. No shocker again.
By that time it's almost too late to be bored to death.

Ciao
Brenda
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book hit me at home. Her feelings and reactions of finding out of your significant other doing something wrong. But her revenge was a WoW. Great story and I can’t wait to listen to more. Narrator did a great job bringing the characters to life. This author is new to me and definitely recommend this book.
Kenya
Jul 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow

This new to me author was recommended by a bok group on Facebook. I am so glad I read it. The raw emotions and true hardships of a marriage were well written. I am rushing off to read book two because I am torn in which team I am. Team Bo or Team Owen.

• Lover
  • Ten Reasons to Stay (The Risky Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • Torrid Affair
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • One Week (One Week #1)
  • Blurred Red Lines (Carrera Cartel, #1)
  • Life Without You
  • Forbidden Desires
  • A White Picket Fence (A White Picket Fence #1)
  • The Divorce (The Relationship Quo, #1)
  • Some Wives Do...Whatever it Takes
  • Swimming Naked (A White Picket Fence, #2)
  • An Innocent Wife (Innocent Hearts, #1)
  • The Traitor, An Underground Bad Boys Series
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Forget Me Not
Mexican American author, living in Florida. Also writes Romance under the pen name, Haden Hudson.

The Affair (3 books)
  • The Red Dress (The Affair Duet Book 2)
  • The Promise (The Affair Book 4)