Start by marking “Seaside Sweets (Love Along Hwy 30A #1)” as Want to Read:
Seaside Sweets (Love Along Hwy 30A #1)

Seaside Sweets

(Love Along Hwy 30A #1)

Published June 19th 2018 by Perry Evans Press

To ask other readers questions about Seaside Sweets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seaside Sweets

Start your review of Seaside Sweets (Love Along Hwy 30A #1)
D.M.
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Chambers returns with a brand new book series. Mmm... yes please sign me up! I'm a book addict and Melissa always delivers great fixes. Seaside Sweets is a great story which takes dating disasters to a whole new level.

Seanna has to get away from her ex-boyfriend he is literally draining her life. She is low on cash and has just lost her job. She decides to visit her Aunt in Florida. Seaside is picturesque and the perfect getaway break she needs. Seanna easily fits into the town's lifest
Katherine Paschal
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seanna escapes her current painful living situation to go visit her favorite Aunt Cassidy in Seaside Florida. She was looking for just a few days to avoid her deadbeat ex-fiance but what she finds is love from her aunt as well as new friends that she completely belongs with. Blake moved to Seaside to get a fresh start, a place where nobody knows the horrors of his past, and he can be a simple handyman. He never planned on Seanna, the first person to make him want to share his past and hope for h ...more
books are love
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seanna and Blake are going through so much in this book. For Seanna she is coming out of a really horrible relationship-her trust is shattered and she is angry. Angry at herself and at all men. For Blake he is beating himself up about something in his past and it is keeping him closed off and eating him alive. So when they meet and there is attraction, Blake fights like heck to ignore it and Seanna doesn’t really know what to think. She knows she feels safe with Blake. That she wants to open up ...more
Kiki
Greg Howard
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a beautiful breezy romance series set along one of the most charming stretches of beach towns in Florida. You'll feel like you're right there, sitting on the white sandy beaches watching the world (and all the hot men) go by! Recommended!
Coco.V
Aug 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/13/2018)!💝

Blurb:
After her ex runs up her credit card, clears her bank account, and gets her fired, Seanna Perry makes her escape to the quaint beach town of Seaside, Florida. The houses are pastel, the ocean air heaven, and the men hot as the Gulf Coast sun…one in particular. But while paying the price, literally, for the last man she trusted with her heart, she’s not interested in any sort of beach romance, or so she keeps reminding herself.

Living in the idyllic coastal
Sara
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Did you know that Melissa Chambers is one of my favorite authors? I loved both The Summer Before Forever and Falling For Forever, so I don’t know if I could’ve possibly been any more excited when she reached out to ask if I’d like to review an ARC of her latest adult title. This book actually helped pull me out of a several-week-long slump and I am forever grateful for that. Slumps are the worst.

As expected, I really enjoyed this book! I felt like I could’ve driven down to Seaside, Florida to ha
Jessica Calla
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Besides offering up a wonderful love story, this book made me want to hop in my car and drive down to the Florida panhandle! Heck, if Blake were real, maybe I would :) I loved the story of Blake and Seanna, and how they overcame their pasts to find love with each other. In the enchanting setting of this beautiful Florida beach town, Blake and Seanna's love is anything but perfect. They both have things they're running from that they are afraid to face. Still, the attraction between the broody, m ...more
Megan | A Page to Turn
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, romance
I adored this little love story - Seanna is coming out of a relationship that was so unhealthy that she has told herself she doesn't deserve love, or another man. Blake is dead set on ignoring the chemistry - but when these two finally set aside the past and open themselves up for the future, it's just so sweet. I really enjoyed these two broken characters coming together and falling so hard. It was such a cute story, with an amazing southern setting. I loved it.
Suze Lavender
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seanna is in Seaside Florida to escape her ex. He’s emptied her bank account, maxed her credit card, cost her her job and he’s living in the apartment she has to pay for until the end of the year. Because of him Seanna is completely broke. Spending time with her favorite aunt will heal her and in the meantime she can look for a job. Seanna is done with men, but then she meets Blake. He’s everything she’s ever wanted. However, after all the drama and low times she went through, love is the last t ...more
Sandra Adams
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New series

Another great romantic series by Melissa Chambers. She does not disappoint with Seaside Sweets. Blake and Sienna's romance does not happen without some drama and little hot sex. The seaside town is ideal for rebuilding Sienna soul and life. There she meets such a collective group that accepts her into their fold as a new friend. Blake carries secrets that hold him back but he also unbeknownst to him has found a family in this unusual group. Friendship and love for each other no matter
Shalini | Muffytales
It's a beautiful heartwarming tale of love. It is all about second chances and new beginnings. Her writing is simple and eloquent at the same time. It was a breeze reading this book.
Cristina
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-requests
A heartwarming love story about second chances, new beginnings and the power of secrets.

I loved the story and lived every page of it. The writing style is simple, the characters are well developed and with a bit of crazy side attached to them, but also strongwilled. It will make you laugh, cry and live it with intensity.

Seanna's life is a long way from bei g the one she dreamed of at the beginning. In order to find the strenght she needs to start her life over, she moves for a while in Seaside,
Angie Hackett
Meh

At first this book was deceptively good, well written with colourful characters.

As the book progressed I found myself getting annoyed and frustrated with it. The characters were still interesting, well the surrounding characters were. Blake and Seanna, however, not so much. I thought this was going to be a romance but it seemed to be more like an erotic book with the heapings of sex.
Kim
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wish washy romance with tragic baggage

This is a slow wishy washy romance where one of the couple has baggage and the other one has tragic baggage. The story is made up of constant denial, avoidance, lies, martyrdom & lots of self doubt. The plot was ok but the story reeked of a first attempt at writting. Not bad enough to be a 1 but not good enough to be more than a 2.
Courtney Beisner
Another Winner From Melissa Chambers

A lover of Chambers's YA work, I was delighted to find she had published three adult romance novels at once. Seaside Sweets is artfully crafted, leaving the reader wanting more. Thankfully, I can pick up books 2 and 3 and binge away!
Claudete Takahashi
Moving towns, leaving behind a bully and toxic ex-fiance, Seanna moves to a seaside town where she is able to build a new group of friends. She also finds love, develops her professional career and discovers that everyone deserves a second chance. This story has some steamy chapters.
Renee' Carter
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than I initially thought. Good for times you want an easy fun read.

A great book when you want a light hearted romance that is not riddled with details or full of descriptive sex.
Jana Eichhorn
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting much from this book. I dont read a lot of beach read contemporary romance novels (no judgement at all, they're just not usually my thing), but this book surprised me. The story was light but compelling, and I really didn't want to put it down.
Kamylyon
It's "All of a sudden"

Not "All of the sudden".
I do have lots of love for PCB, and Hwy 30A. The first time I went there I decided I needed to become a beach bum.
Sadly, that never happened.
It's a cute story, practically fabulous! 😊
Robert Stanton
Good story, poor writing.

Writer needs to learn grammar, punctuation, and phrasing. Few typos, which is unusual in ebooks. I thought Seanna's aunt, Cassidy, should have had a larger role.
Joan
Nov 21, 2018 added it
DNF
Something about the writing was ‘off’ for me. Too many buzz words, too formulaic.
Lisa
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story. Third person always takes something away from a book for me but if you can get past that, it was a good story.
Dana Webster
Okay

Not fantastic. Just about average for me. I think a lot of gaps needed to be filled in and they werent. It took too long to get the stories out about our our H\h.
Mary
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it. Nothing deep but I wouldn't expect anything else based on the cover which is how I pick books.
Conna Condon
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one. Great character development. Nice storyline. Moved along well. Had me cheering for the characters. Look forward to more with these people.
Patsy Fox
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. Interesting story.
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

This was a cute, fun story, and I enjoyed every minute reading it. Seanna and Blake both have their own baggage, and they're both running away from it, literally and figuratively.
I enjoyed watching them work through their issues, both apart and together. Their story was well told, and the setting was beautiful. It was a perfect, fictional, beachy escape! I'm definitely looking forward to more in this series!

The ARC of Seaside Sweets by Melissa Chambers was ki
Karen Kallhoff
Oct 26, 2019
Meredith Moseley
Nov 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Just One Kiss (Kissed by the Bay #3)
  • Mann Cakes (Beach Pointe, #1)
  • Sweet Indulgence (Charleston Harbor #1)
  • The Boyfriend Sessions (City Love, #1)
  • Montana Mistletoe (The Wildes of Birch Bay, #4.5)
  • All He Wants For Christmas (Yours for Christmas Book, #1)
  • A Cotswold Christmas
  • Holiday Hearts (The Canadays of Montana, #3)
  • Made for Me
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Falling for You (Sapphire Bay, #1)
  • Christmas Glitter (Moore Sisters of Montana, #1)
  • Tear Down and Die (Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery, #1)
  • Sugar and Ice (Rinkside in the Rockies #1)
  • Dying to Meet You
  • A Whyte Christmas
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Then Came You (The Youngers, #1)
Melissa Chambers writes contemporary novels for young, new, and actual adults. A Nashville native, she spends her days working in the music industry and her nights tapping away at her keyboard. While she’s slightly obsessed with alt rock, she leaves the guitar playing to her husband and kid. She never misses a chance to play a tennis match, listen to an audiobook, or eat a bowl of ice cream. (Rock ...more

Love Along Hwy 30A (5 books)
  • Seacrest Sunsets (Love Along Hwy 30A #2)
  • Seagrove Secrets (Love Along Hwy 30A #3)
  • WaterColor Wishes (Love Along Hwy 30A #4)
  • Grayton Beach Dreams (Love Along Hwy 30A #5)

News & Interviews