Start by marking “A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk” as Want to Read:
A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk

A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk

Charles - a CEO at the peak of his career, successful but unhappy, caught in his hamster wheel-of- fortune

Antonio - an entrepreneur constantly starting new ventures, but unsure of his long-term future

Toby - a tourist trying to escape from a life that was not his own, and break his cycle of bad luck

A chance encounter between these three disparate characters and the Monk bec
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 282 pages
Published May 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk

Start your review of A CEO, an Entrepreneur, a Tourist, and the Monk
Ping Ping
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex Butt could share his real-life experience as a Buddhist monk and incorporated his insight knowledge of Buddhism in an easy-to-read way. He used hot and trendy topics about life and revealed the truth that we never think about.

So for me, this is one of the books I hardly put it down until the end! This book is also a great reflection on world view of Theravada monks in Thailand which is so interesting to learn from.

I read during the rescue mission of 13 wild boars of Tham Luang, Thailand, so
Steve
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really excellent introduction to meditation, Buddhism, and the art of living a less "nosiy" life. the author's use of fictional characters to symbolise differnet types of people really sorked for me - in fact I am both an entrepreneur and was a CEO of a publicly listed company on the HK stock exchange, so I got a double benefit from the snesible, caring advice inside. Strongly recommended.
Jolita
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Genuine and extremely easy to read book about a path to unconditional happiness.

Besides talking about the for pillars leading to happiness as well as many other useful exercises helping to bring more clarity and mindfulness to your life, the author also introduces you to Buddhism, an incredibly interesting life of Theravada monks and meditation.

In a friendly and insightful way it uses storytelling and dialog to bring the reader from one page to another. Somehow you don't even notice when you op
Kris Ang
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many of us crave to be successful in our careers and other areas of our lives. However, in our pursuit of success, we often inadvertently choose to sacrifice key elements of our lives, either, subconsciously or consciously but resigned to not having a choice. The author carefully chose four characters in his story to reflect real and key personalities which we can relate to. From these four persons’ struggles and thoughts, he used the Monk to guide them onto their path of happiness without sacri ...more
Julianne Butt
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book gives such insightful perspective to the hustle and bustle of life. The message of this book is one that will benefit anyone. Everyone needs to learn how to take a second and check in with themselves and this book has helped me greatly in that regard
LP Yao
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book refreshes my memory on many fundamental concepts of Buddhism. By including CEO, entrepreneur, tourist and monk into the book, the author demonstrates ways to assimilate Buddhist theory into real practice for people from all walks of life. The author also introduce people about a Theravada monk's life accurately. I would greatly recommend this book to everyone who wants to be both spiritually and materially successful in life.
Mary
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative read
Sadie-jane (Say-dee-Jane) Nunis
Felicia Chin
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and awesome book.

Good introduction to mediation, path of happiness and gives an insight of perspectives by different people in the woks of life!
Angie Foo
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If u’ve got everything, yet u’re still unhappy, this book is indeed helpful. It cannot solve all your problems but at least U will be on the right path in seeking happiness. Nothing is a coincidence. If u see this book, it means fated to read this.
Ben Wong
Agnija Kazuša
Aug 18, 2018
Happiness equation 1 1 Jan 25, 2019 04:49PM

• Make It in China: 6 Secrets to Successful Sourcing
Alex transformed himself from a multinational corporate executive into a successful Coach and Entrepreneur. Since 2010, he has coached and transformed many organisations and Entrepreneurs.

Prior to this and at his peak, Alex was leading Microsoft’s most profitable business, the OEM Division, in the Asia Pacific region. He started his career as a Systems Engineer at Honeywell and subsequently became

News & Interviews