Start by marking “Bitches and Brawlers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)” as Want to Read:
Bitches and Brawlers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)

Bitches and Brawlers

(Steampunk Red Riding Hood #4)

Published July 10th 2018 by Clockpunk Press

To ask other readers questions about Bitches and Brawlers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitches and Brawlers

Mandie
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was great! As were all the books in this series!! Such a unique retelling of Little Red Riding Hood! This was my first steampunk series that I have read, and it has me hooked!!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Lene Blackthorn
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Careful, fragile peace was established among London were clans. But now, the treaty is threatened..
Clemeny's life has never been quiet and peaceful, but now the bitches of the past are returning. Alodie and the rest of old Cyril's clan are back in town, determined to shift the power by bringing in the 'werewolf prince'. However, Clemeny and Edwin are hot on their trails, with the help of reluctant but understanding Lionheart. Nevertheless, Alodie's plotting is not without consequences and costs
Amanda Curry
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Kaye
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KICK 'EM LOW!!!
Talk about in the soup. This is one page turning, suspense filled and explosive read that just keep on keeping on. This is one series that is more of an investment than anything else. You'll find yourself reading it again and again. Yes, its that good and just gets better as it progresses. Melanie has such an incredible gift of weaving words and telling stories with such passion you can't help but fall deeply into the web of her imagination as she brings these worlds to life flawl
Saundra Wright
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just when things are going well with Clemeny and Edwin and London has settled down, she begins to spot members of the banished werewolf packs, too many in the company of Alodie. Worse yet, Lionheart seems to be in seclusion, rather than attending to his duties.

With the absense of Lionheart on the streets, it's up to Little Red and Agent Hunter to do the policing of the werewolf packs. Clemeny is sure that Alodie is hatching some plan. Will she be able to uncover the plot before the banished pack
Becky Stephens
Shelves: steampunk, fairy_tale
Bitches and Brawlers is another fantastic book in Melanie Karsak’s Steampunk Fairy Tales Red Riding Hood series.

Clemeny is an intriguing character, and pitting her against a shewolf intent on vengeance makes for an exciting read. I adore her new beau, Edwin, and hope for the best. But I’m also secretly rooting for Lionheart to win Clemeny over.

If you enjoy a fairy tale reimagining set in gaslamp London, I’m sure you will enjoy this book. But start the series from the beginning, with Wolves and
Kelly
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being an agent that protects humans from the supernatural can get messy. Little Red is mixed up in another mess of werewolves, vampires, and the odd demon. Starting to get a bigger picture of Agent Rose, so I’m looking forward to reading her story. The love triangle aspect is starting to become clearer, and I admit I prefer Edwin, in part because the “right” guy is often beaten out by the “wrong” guy due to passion.
Melissa Dinwiddie
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Little Red Riding Hood for the 21st Century

Even though this series takes place in an alternate, steampunk 19th Century, the sensibility is very 21st Century, with badass “career women” who will kick a werewolf’s butt as soon as look at him. And this is all normal in the universe of this London, which is part of the charm, along with the humor.

In fact, my only real complaint is that these books are so short!

More Clemeny, please!
Donna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fourth instalment in the steampunk Red Riding Hood series is possibly the most madcap rollercoaster of fighting, smiting and exciting scullduggery that there's been. And with a twist of romance to seal the deal, what more could you ask for? Apart from a fifth instalment of course! Can't wait until the autumn to find out what happens next...
Paula Letterman
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this one is a little better story line.

Although all the books in this series are excellant I believe Melanie Karsak humanized all the characters a little more in this one. You can see their flaws as well as their strengths. Keep up the great work!
Felicia Allen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and mysterious

I love this series. This on almost made me cry. Poor Lionheart. I can't wait to see if Sir Richard's lead tells Clement anything about her past!
Elysian Fields
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you put a strong women like Clemeny against a she-wolf in a game of vengeance and action? My favorite story in this series! I loved this fourth story in the retelling of red riding hood.

Clemeny is is such a strong and wonderful character. This author has built her to be bold and dedicated, yet action oriented and willing to learn. I cannot get enough of her and love when she lets me into her mind. I am a lover of Lionheart and what what is best for him, which I wholeheartedl
Renee Arthur
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Things are getting edgy in gaslamp London. Seems that Alodie is stirring things up. Some of Fenton's and Cyril's old werewolf gangs are seen in town and Clemeny is off to investigate. When Clemeny figures out part of what's going on, she goes to see Lionheart for help. He is the alpha after all. There's lots of werewolf chasing, killing and even a demon that must be excorcised by Edwin. This steampunk book has great twists in the plot, really good characters along with bad guys and just enough a ...more
Amanda
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful reading. Adventure, just the whisper of romance, and comedy. This is a great twist on the Red Riding Hood fairy tale. “Red” is a girl who works for a secret government agency that hunts down dangerous werewolves, vampires, ghosts, and other fantastic creatures of myth. The government agency uses the red capes as a sort of uniform. Characters are well developed. Red is funny and smart and brave with an unknown background that makes for an interesting mystery. I’ve read all the books in ...more
Robin
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yay!
I feel Melanie is back on track with book 4, Bitches & Brawlers.
It starts out kind of the same as book 3 and I was a little disappointed, but it picks up and gets back on track with more of the mystery of what Clemeny might be and there still might be hope for a love match with Lionheart and Clemeny.
So, I will be looking forward to book 5 in this series.
Happy Reading:)

I received an ARC, voluntarily and this is my honest opinion.
Debbie Vetter
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairytales let your imagination fly

If you don't know Clemeny you are missing out. I suggest you start with book one and watch her grow. She is pretty, intelligent, street smart and has an exciting job. But now her dilemma is ... to werewolf or not to werewolf. Thank you Ms. Karsak.
Monica
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
These are always so quick to read and I want more when I'm done. I love reading about Clemeny and what she's up to next. So my heart wants her to be with Lionheart and I hope they end up together in the end but I am okay too if she ends up with Edwin. I would highly suggest reading the first 3 books before you read this one. This is a great series and I look forward to the next book.
Diane
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Little Red story. I really like Clemeny Louvel. We are getting closer to finding out who she really is and who she will end up with. I like Edwin Hunter but I really like Lionheart. Clemeny and Lionheart deal with Alodie in this story. Mystery and death abound in this book. A historical, steampunk fantasy.
Lilly
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turner!

I really enjoyed the development of Clemeny's story in this latest steampunk red riding hood. She has lots of decisions to make, and staying clean seems out of the question with this one!
Jackie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always another couldn’t put it down story. An intriguing way of writing about Red Riding Hood. Not usually my type of genre, but have learned to enjoy. Ready for the next one in the series or any story by this awesome writer.
Brenda Williams
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Badass Bitch

Come is a real Badass ! Can not wait to see what she does next.😮😮😮 I know which but I would like to see her end up with on to the next book to see what she will do now! Loved this book!!!!
Sarah Austin
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I very rarely give a novella more than 4 stars but km enjoying Melanie Karsak's steampunk fairytales a lot and I think this is the best one yet. Love triangles! Demons! Werewolves! A great way to spend a dreary Sunday! 4.5 stars
Paula Haifley
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loving this series. Well written, adventurous, and fun. Lots of action scenes.
Natalie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m hooked now! Can’t wait for the next one!
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read

With every new book about little red, my need to know more keeps growing. Who is her family, and who will she give her heart to. Must read series.
Patrick
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rude Mechanicals forever

Little Red strikes again. The writing and action are just as great as in the previous books. The background is written so well that it feels that this world is truly alive. The MC still deals with her relationships in a realistic manner, totally consistent with that Victorian (equivalent) world.

I get a joy from watching her overcome her challenges, though I feel she should pump up her backup from the agency sometimes. Given that she is part of a Victorian agency without
Jack Webb
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
More furry fun

Ms. Karsak is a very imaginative lady. While there is less "bending" of the Red Riding Hood fable (this Red character is already well developed), the story continues to entertain.
Chelsey Nixon
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
#SpoilerWarrior

To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of love triangles. And in the past, I have never once been Team Werewolf. But here i am, finding myself cheering on Lionheart.
Andrea Loveless
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Less errors in this book. Still too short to pay for, imo. This one was good. Especially the ending stuff with Lionheart.
joseph w clouser
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Five stars for book four of this series. The m.c. is developing nicely as the series continues. Lots of action in this book also. Now , on to book 5

• Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Pink Snowbunnies in Hell: A Flash-Fiction Anthology
  • A Gathering of Angels (The Claire Wiche Chronicles, #2)
  • The Vampire's Accidental Wife  (Nocturne Falls, #8)
  • Certain Dark Things
  • Return To Sender: An Alex Glauberman Mystery (The Alex Glauberman Series #1)
  • Mayhem and Murder (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #4)
  • A Witch Myth (Yew Hollow Mystery #1)
  • Small Town Witch (The Fae of Calaveras County, #1)
  • The Complete Guide to Being Evil
  • Key Lime Crime: Volume 1 (Sunny Shores Mysteries)
  • Bedtimes and Broomsticks (Mystic Cove Mysteries #1)
  • Badlands (Badlands #1)
  • Claimed (The Flash Gold Chronicles #4)
  • The Chronological Man: The Martian Emperor
  • A Matter of Circumstance and Celludrones (Dark Matters, #1)
  • Death of a Dead Man (Juniper Grove #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Melanie Karsak is the author of The Airship Racing Chronicles, The Harvesting Series, The Celtic Blood Series, Steampunk Red Riding Hood, and Steampunk Fairy Tales. A steampunk connoisseur, zombie whisperer, and heir to the iron throne, the author currently lives in Florida with her husband and two children. She is an Assistant Professor of English a ...more

Steampunk Red Riding Hood (6 books)
  • Wolves and Daggers (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #1)
  • Alphas and Airships (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #2)
  • Peppermint and Pentacles (Steampunk Red Riding Hood #3)
  • Howls and Hallows: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #5)
  • Lycans and Legends: A Steampunk Fairy Tale (Steampunk Red Riding Hood, #6)