Start by marking “All Roads End Here” as Want to Read:
All Roads End Here

All Roads End Here

(The Final War #2)

The second book in the new series from Hater author David Moody.

Set in the world of David Moody's Hater trilogy, All Roads End Here is the sequel to the "top drawer horror" (Booklist, starred review) One of Us Will Be Dead by Morning.

It's taken Matthew Dunne almost three months to get home. Never more than a few meters from the Haters at any time, every single step has bee
Published February 12th 2019 by Griffin

To ask other readers questions about All Roads End Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Roads End Here

Start your review of All Roads End Here
Tracy
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
What can I say? I preordered "All Roads End Here" from audible months ago because I devour everything David Moody releases. This episode was phenomenal (as always) and I get so much enjoyment from the social commentary and messages, seamlessly intertwined throughout. #Unprecedented.

Essentially, there are two groups of warring people who are in one of two categories "Changed" or "Unchanged"(Highly recommend reading the first book in this series first titled: "HATER" for the history of what starte
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
What David Moody has done with The Final War series is genius. I find that more and more authors don’t know when or how to end a series and move on to something new. I loved the Hater series, it was a novel concept in the realm of “zombie” books. I loved every moment that I spent with Danny McCoyne, but by the final pages of Them or Us, Danny’s story was over, and I was good with that.

The Final War brings me back to this dark world, but with a whole new story/character to follow, Matt. Matt lets
Craig DiLouie
David Moody's ALL ROADS END HERE is a very strong follow-up to ONE OF US WILL BE DEAD BY MORNING, the first in his second HATER trilogy. In my opinion, it's one of the strongest in the series.

If you’re not familiar with HATER, it’s about a final war spanning the human race that begins when a certain percentage of the population starts to react with terror and hate against anybody not sharing the Hater gene. The Haters, as they’re called, start killing everybody else, and the government reacts wi
Amy Braun
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Haters are back and fiercer than ever! The latest instalment of David Moody's trademark series focuses on survival and hard choices, and is ultimately one of the more intense books in the series. There are unexpected twists all over this bleak tale, and the ending leaves me wondering what will happen next.

The story is fairly well paced, and moves between main character Matt adjusting to returning home after months in dangerous, Hater-infested lands, only to find himself unable (or unwilling)
Jamey
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
My older sister had bought me the book “All Roads End Here”, without the knowledge that there was a first book to read. Of course, at the time I didn’t know either, so I read it like no other book. Although, I didn’t know 100% on what was happening at first. I really started to enjoy it very much. Throughout the book it seemed like I was walking in an endless hall of emotion. There were times where I was nervous to turn the page, but proceed to do so in eager. The details of the characters and s ...more
Kate
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is so full of suspense that you cannot put it down. I read all the Haters series and it’s much better if you do read them first, but you could read it as a stand-alone. Terrifying and brilliant!
Kay Smillie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of Matt continues as he defies the Haters by slowly making his way to his home town, having escaped the remote island in the North Sea. A switch from the original trilogy with the focus on the Unchanged but an insight into the Haters. Another gripping read from the excellent David Moody.

Ray Smillie
Gatorman
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid entry in the second-go-round Hater series finds our hero Matt back home and searching for his girlfriend Jen while trying to figure out the state of the world away from the island. While you sometimes get the vibe that you've been here before, Moody's superior writing propels the story along and keeps you interested in what happens to this particular group of people trying to survive in a world that's been flipped upside down. A strong ending sets up the third and final chapter in this bat ...more
Allison
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me a bit to really get into the storyline, since I didn’t realize it was a part of a series. But once I understood what was going on, I found myself turning page after page. The ending, even though I was able to predict it, shocked me to my core, and I found myself wanting much more after it ended. I love how Moody goes really in depth with description, characters, and plot development, and he really knows how to play with the emotions of his readers.

A job very well done.
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
Matthew Dunne was away on business when the war started. He manages to escape the turmoil and find his way back home after a three-month journey. When he gets there, he discovers that the house where he was living with his girlfriend, Jen, is now occupied by four other people along with Jen. These individuals were sent to live there as housing is at a premium inside the city, which is now a giant refugee camp.

The world has been turned upside down, and a savage war is being fought all around. It’
Larry
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these books. Have loved all of Moody's books. I read them fast and I enjoy them a lot. My one complaint in this one was that several characters at critical moments made really "what the hell are you doing" decisions. I guess part of the fun of this genre whether it be books or movies is indeed yelling at the screen or page "don't go in there!" I haven't noticed it in previous books by the author. And some of the actions were more mind-scratching than simple "get out of the house" stupidit ...more
OldFisben
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Нормально, но выразительности таки не хватает. И, да, события идут в параллель с первой трилогией, для наглядности можно сказать, что ГГ Хейтера-1 (Dog Blood) двинул на штурм того самого города, где сейчас обороняется ГГ Хейтера-2 (сабж). Ну и ядерная конфетка прилетает как раз туда же. Читабельно, иногда даже интересно, но не более. Впрочем, третий роман буду читать в обязательном порядке.
Laura S
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not developed enough for me. Too many questions - not enough connections. Haters? Still don't understand why they do what they do. Aliens? Full moon? Experiment gone wrong? I admit, I started to skim read so maybe the answer was in there between the lines and I missed it. It just didn't hold me attention. And then there was the ending...
PP9000
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading a book about the end of the world may not be an ideal topic for some people given what's going on at the moment!

For me though I really enjoyed it & found it to be a tense, tightly paced & thrilling story. Brace yourself though - it can get very grim at times. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Michelle
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Moody!
Fifth in the Hater series, or 2nd in the Final War series.
This book continues on after the previous book, "One of Us will be Dead by Morning".
An entertaining, disturbing, and sad read about humanity and the end of the world.
Ciara
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was by far my favorite book in this series yet. I loved how we learn more about the world of the unchanged, and towards the end it was so intense I had to put the book down every so often and freak out!
Hatezel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019-books
Michelle Wong
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
As always David leaves us wanting more about who will survive and how man kind can turn so quickly on its self, do we even have a chance to find a way to live among the undead.
I hope the rumours are true that we do see this series become a movie franchise.
Shiva Seven
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the haters series!
Jan Ostler
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love David Moody books.
Brendan Cooney
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible read. This series is everything.
Jenni Hurd
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of the haters and the unchanged! Wonderful fun!
Cory
May 11, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Survivor Song
  • Eve: A Christmas Short Horror Story
  • Rage (Rogue Team International #1)
  • The Pandora Room (Ben Walker, #2)
  • Fractured Tide
  • Relics
  • More Better Deals
  • Hospital Sketches
  • The Dead House
  • Inspection
  • Dead Girl Blues
  • The Familiar Dark
  • The Last Book on the Left: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers
  • Last Ones Left Alive
  • Octopus 2: An Extreme Horror
  • The Twisted Ones
  • The Mansion
  • The Silence
A pioneer of independent publishing, DAVID MOODY first released HATER in 2006, and without an agent, succeeded in selling the film rights for the novel to Mark Johnson (producer, Breaking Bad) and Guillermo Del Toro (director, The Shape of Water, Pan's Labyrinth). Moody's seminal zombie novel AUTUMN was made into an (admittedly terrible) movie starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine. He has a ...more

The Final War (3 books)
  • One of Us Will Be Dead by Morning
  • Chokehold (The Final War Book 3)