Start by marking “Ride” as Want to Read:
Ride

Ride

(The Wild Sequence #1)

No one rides like Chase Austin.

Bad boy. Player. Adrenaline junkie. Snowboarder Chase Austin has a reputation—and not just for being the world’s best extreme athlete. He’s as cold as the mountains he rides, loyal only to his crew . . . and panties drop wherever he goes.

Photographer Brooke Larson knows better than to let him get through her emotional Kevlar. So what if she u
Published May 10th 2018 (first published March 16th 2017)

Bibi
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Well, hello there sexy new cover...meow...

Remarkable that a debut author could capture the reader's attention from the very first page. If you're looking for a thrilling, emotional book, this is it. It's so good that once I returned it to Kindle U, I promptly bought a copy.
Dri ✰
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, 2018-favorites
★ 4.5 “My kind of crazy.” stars!!! ★

É difícil de acreditar que esse é um livro de estreia. Tão bem escrito e rico em detalhes... é prazeroso ler um livro onde você percebe que a autora tem conhecimento daquilo que está contando, que não descreve ambientes de forma superficial, pelo contrário, consegue te transportar para aquele determinado momento. Porque foi assim que me senti durante a leitura, consegui visualizar na minha mente cada lugar e detalhe.

“What’s the point of being so sad about
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews

So, last week I had this post on IG, talking about my most favorite sports romances and asking at the same time for recommendations. At least two people recommended RIDE to me, and since it was on KU I downloaded it right away.

And boy was I glad I did.

RIDE is the first book by Harper Dallas. It doesn't feel like a debut novel at all. It's amazing. Has all the FEELS, and was addicting from beginning to end. I honestly didn't want to put it down.

For me a great sports romance focuses on th
Jessica Gadziala
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Okay. What can I say about this book? First, I can’t believe this is a debut. The writing here is that of a seasoned author, not a new blood. The style, the pacing, the character-building. It is all on-point.

I have to admit, I have been in a romance slump lately. I was starting to worry that after writing so many of them myself, it had made it impossible to read the genre. I was in the middle of a historical fiction when I decided to pick this one up (as a rec from my PA).

I’m SO glad I did. Ha
Kindling Micky
Woah! Is there anything better than a debut author rocking your world with a breathtaking read? Not in my world. I have devoured this book in 24 hours, resenting every minute I wasn’t reading. I couldn’t put the book down and yet I wanted to sprint to the culmination, consumed by every chapter.

I am a serious sucker for sports romance but I’ve only read the odd book set in the snowboarding world. Chase is a pro-snowboarder, a cocky jerk but with all the talent in the world. Brooke is a extreme sp
Dilek VT
Another book that made me feel bored out of my mind.

The MCs are two dysfunctional individuals that fail to communicate most of the time. I disliked both of them.

It is told by the heroine's point of view. The dialogues are so very scarce. 80% of the book is inner monologues of her. And pages and pages of them riding the snow or watching the snow, the scenery etc.

It was too slow and so very uninteresting for me, lacking emotions, passion and communication. I didn't feel any chemistry between the c
Malene
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
Ride doesn’t read or feel like a debut. It feels like an experienced writer who knows what she’s doing. Harper Dallas has created a fabulous snowboarding universe with Ride and the The False Kings riders. I was completely immersed in these characters and their passion for what they love. They face their fears every time they step onto a mountain and ride on the snow.

Brooke loves boarding too but her job is as a photographer. When she gets the opportunity to work with the False Kings her dreams
Tpagirl
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 400-499-pages
Ride was Harper Dallas’ debut novel. It was written as a standalone but will be the first in the Wild series featuring each member of the False Kings Crew.

Chase Austin was a gorgeous, world famous, professional snowboarder. He was intense, hard working, rich and brooding as well as a playboy through and through. He had a single minded focus on his career. He wore an emotional mask so it was obvious there were hurts, scars and numerous layers of protection surrounding his very public being.

Brooke
Damjana
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved it soooo much. I love Brooke and Chase's relationship which goes from hate to love.
I can't belive this is author's debut work, it's very well written with smooth storyline. This is standalone and it will be part of Wild series. I can't wait for next book 😊; Harper Dallas please write it soon!!!
Melanie A.
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites, ku
4.5 STARS!!
"Taking risks is what your heart is for."
In all its New Adult angsty glory, I LOVED this one!

Brooke is an extreme sports photographer who has a chance encounter at an airport with world-famous snowboarder Chase Austin, a man whose poster was on her wall while she was growing up. He's still beautiful, but he turns out to be a bit of an ass in real life.

But the meeting leads to professional opportunities that Brooke can't pass up.

So begins Brooke and Chase's epic battle of wills,
Michelle
5 Stars!
Started this one last night and was up all night because I couldn't put it down. Straight to my favorites shelf! Loved these two!!
Carla Bulian
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Que livro lindo, maravilhoso. Quando tem que acontecer alguma coisa boa na vida, acontece com certeza, independente de querer ou não, o importante é não deixar escapar a oportunidade.
A autora está de parabéns, narração impecável, sem deixar nenhuma ponta solta. Com certeza vou ler mais livros dela.
Simplesmente amei.
Vale a leitura demais.
Jen~KU Book Reviews
WOW!!! Thanks to Roxie, my bestie at Schmexy Girl Book Blog, I am thrilled to say this book was AMAZEBALLS. The writing, the angst, the characters, ALL OF IT. She insisted I drop everything and read Ride by Harper Dallas and OHMYGOD, it's everything I look for in a book. Wrecked and not able to read anything for days after I finished, I FLOVED it. God, this is the kinda book I spend hours searching for, so I'm so grateful for the recommendation. I need more of these characters and I can't wait f ...more
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Eu não conhecia o trabalho desta autora e eu fiquei impressionada positivamente.
A história flui bem e os personagens são todos muito interessantes e que prendem a atenção do leitor.
Gostei muito e recomendo. Eu vou ficar de olho no trabalho da autora.
---------
I didn't know the work of this author, and I was impressed positively.
The story flows well and the characters are all very interesting and holding the reader's attention.
I enjoyed and recommend. I'll keep an eye on the work of the author.
Camila Matuella
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 ★
Livro MARAVILHOSO, daqueles que tu não consegue parar de ler por um segundo e quando tu termina ele tu queria que não tivesse terminado .
A autora é tão bom na escrita que se tivesse mil paginas eu li todas com um sorriso no rosto.
Esse livro foi tão viciante que depois fui procurar videos de pessoas praticando snowboard só pra não me desligar do livro por completo.

Amei.
Muito.
Jul 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful book. Eyeroll inducing. Spineless heroine and a jackass hero. No characterization whatsoever. There was no chemistry between the heroine and hero (can't remember their names, that's how forgettable them and this book was). Their relationship was strictly sexual and there wasn't even anything there with that. Plus, nothing happens between them until almost halfway through the book. I hate books that are slow developing their characters' relationships like that unless it's done in a way that ...more
mich
Wasn't impressed with the beginning, then I started liking it, then I started really liking it, then I was LOVING IT, then I got confused and annoyed, then I was like, oh.

The writing had some really awkward parts (typos, weird grammar, etc.), but overall it wasn't too bad. And it also had some really amazing moments -- there were some fantastic, dramatic angsty and emotional scenes and I loooooved them.

And I LOVED reading about all the snowboarding stuff. I want to learn to do the snowboards!

Nikki ღ Navareus
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nikki ღ Navareus by: ⭐ Emerson ⭐
Shelves: reviewed, hot-hero, sports

***FOUR STARS!***
My sweet friend Emerson has been trying to encourage me to read this story for quite a while now, but for some reason I just kept dragging my feet on starting this it. I'm not really into sports stories of any type, and I'm especially not a fan of playing outside in the snow. I was convinced a couple of days ago (by some more of my awesome GR friends) that I definitely needed to give this one a fair shot, so I finally dove in. This one completely surprised me. It was way better
P. Dangelico
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5. Loved it. This author clearly has a profound love of extreme snowboarding and conveyed her knowledge brilliantly without bogging the story down with a lot of clumsy info dumping. This is how sports romance should be written. If you like a grumpy, tarnished hero give this book a shot. I can't wait for the next one!
Hms
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I'd like to thank my GR friends, Bibi, P. Angelico and Jennifer T. for putting this on my GR feed. I absolutely loved this story and can't wait to read more by this author. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!!!!! 😘

Chase was the ultimate broody, asshole hero and I loved him. Once the reasons for his actions and attitude came to light, I fell for the big jerk and hard. Were his actions and behavior justified, no, but understandable. My favorite characters are ones with the most flaw
Nikki
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, this book was really great. I was in a book funk having not finished many books lately, this I could read straight through!
Will be looking for more releases by this author.
4.5*
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
I’m struggling to believe that this was a debut novel and that this book and this author haven’t received the praise and attention it truly deserves. This is a MUST READ!!

This book was everything! Fantastic character development, plotting and pacing. I couldn’t put this book down once I started!!

Chase is the perfect broken hero. He’s angry, sad and keeps to himself but beneath all of the gruffness is a heart of gold. I loved him.

Brooke is brave, smart and almost as guarded as Chase . Their ch
Teresa
Nov 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2018
Almost half way through, and I’m out. It was just too many cliches, nothing unique or interesting, and my head hurts from all the eye rolling. I gave it way longer than I probably should have, but I knew people who loved it so I kept pushing. But I got to the point of no return with one of my least favorite cliched lines, which I reacted poorly to after already feeling so annoyed.

I came this far and put in enough effort to rate and review. And I sincerely cannot imagine a scenario where anything
Esra
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 hottttt stars

It's currently really cold in Australia and reading a book set in the snowy mountains really gives you the chill on the inside. This was such an enjoyable book to read, the romance and book was slow-building; which is what I live for in romance novels now, and like every slow-build, the satisfaction is worth it in the end.

This book reminds me of the books I read by Mariana Zapata, I just love a book that lengthens the romance and angst within a short amount of pages.

Loved Brooke
TSN

Well, I liked it, and it was ok... 'ish. I certainly didn't loved it, adored it, or anything like that, but... like I said; I liked it.
It was just too long and with too little content for me to really "engage". To be completely honest, I struggled to complete it and was a bit bored through most of it.

I understand why so many love it... Those broken and tortured souls; some people just love them. While I mostly find them really, really stupid and annoying.

Guess this is yet another review
Kandace
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book had all the feels!

From start to finish I was captivated by their world. This is not a typical sports romance. It’s so much more. I loved how strong the heroine was. She knew what she wanted with work and she went after her goals like a pit bull. Then she meets Chase. He’s everything she needs, everything she despises. Chase is just as emotionally messed up at Brooke. The entire team feel their attraction. I hope the secondary characters get their own stories. I would love to know
Brandy
OMFG!!

I freaking FLOVED IT
This is one of the best debut novels I have ever read.
The story gripped me from the very beginning. I absolutely loved the supporting characters and both of the main characters.
This author has definitely become a must read on clicker!
Carol
May 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Bibi rated it 5 stars. Want to read this book.
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
3,5
Complicado de avaliar, pois gostei do conteúdo como foi trabalhado e descrito pela autora mas não empolguei com o casal e muitas partes achei bem arrastadas.
Até os 30% achei chatinho e não me senti conectada com a historia mas lá pelos 50% a história ficou melhor ao meu ver e o casal mais interessante...
Adorei a Brooke, JJ e Hanna e não curti muito Chase, muito complexo e dramático e me fez revirar os olhos umas 2 vezes, rs

Harper Dallas writes romantic fiction. Her favorite stories are about true love, strong women, and the men who can handle them.

After exploring the world, Harper met her own tall, blond, and handsome stranger right back at home. She is now living her happy ever after in the wilderness of British Columbia.

When she's not writing love stories, you can probably find her in the mountains.

The Wild Sequence (2 books)
  • Crash
“She’s still the thing that frightens me most in the world. I guess that’s what the real thing does to you . You know how much it means to you, and you never want to lose it.” 3 likes
“It’s a privilege to watch them, and it takes my breath away—but none of them ride like Chase. It’s all I can do not to keep the footage tight on him. They’re all gifted boarders, but Chase is something else. His body moves graceful as water from grinds to jumps, fluid force in each expert twist. He gets air with more force than the rest of them put together, launching like a bullet, all that destructive potential becoming like music in the air. Weightless.” 0 likes