Start by marking “Ride (The Wild Sequence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ride (The Wild Sequence, #1)

Ride

(The Wild Sequence #1)

No one rides like Chase Austin.

Bad boy. Player. Adrenaline junkie. Snowboarder Chase Austin has a reputation—and not just for being the world’s best extreme athlete. He’s as cold as the mountains he rides, loyal only to his crew . . . and panties drop wherever he goes.

Photographer Brooke Larson knows better than to let him get through her emotional Kevlar. So what if she u
Published May 10th 2018 (first published March 16th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ride, please sign up.
Harper Dallas Crash is coming in April 2019! I hope you enjoy it, Jessica.

Start your review of Ride (The Wild Sequence, #1)
Bibi
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Well, hello there sexy new cover...meow...

Remarkable that a debut author could capture the reader's attention from the very first page. If you're looking for a thrilling, emotional book, this is it. It's so good that once I returned it to Kindle U, I promptly bought a copy.
Dilek VT
Another book that made me feel bored out of my mind.

The MCs are two dysfunctional individuals that fail to communicate most of the time. I disliked both of them.

It is told by the heroine's point of view. The dialogues are so very scarce. 80% of the book is inner monologues of her. And pages and pages of them riding the snow or watching the snow, the scenery etc.

It was too slow and so very uninteresting for me, lacking emotions, passion and communication. I didn't feel any chemistry between the c
Corina
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

So, last week I had this post on IG, talking about my most favorite sports romances and asking at the same time for recommendations. At least two people recommended RIDE to me, and since it was on KU I downloaded it right away.

And boy was I glad I did.

RIDE is the first book by Harper Dallas. It doesn't feel like a debut novel at all. It's amazing. Has all the FEELS, and was addicting from beginning to end. I honestly didn't want to put it down.

For me a great sports romance focuses on th
Jessica Gadziala
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Okay. What can I say about this book? First, I can’t believe this is a debut. The writing here is that of a seasoned author, not a new blood. The style, the pacing, the character-building. It is all on-point.

I have to admit, I have been in a romance slump lately. I was starting to worry that after writing so many of them myself, it had made it impossible to read the genre. I was in the middle of a historical fiction when I decided to pick this one up (as a rec from my PA).

I’m SO glad I did. Ha
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Woah! Is there anything better than a debut author rocking your world with a breathtaking read? Not in my world. I have devoured this book in 24 hours, resenting every minute I wasn’t reading. I couldn’t put the book down and yet I wanted to sprint to the culmination, consumed by every chapter.

I am a serious sucker for sports romance but I’ve only read the odd book set in the snowboarding world. Chase is a pro-snowboarder, a cocky jerk but with all the talent in the world. Brooke is a extreme sp
Michelle
5 Stars!
Started this one last night and was up all night because I couldn't put it down. Straight to my favorites shelf! Loved these two!!
Malene
Ride doesn’t read or feel like a debut. It feels like an experienced writer who knows what she’s doing. Harper Dallas has created a fabulous snowboarding universe with Ride and the The False Kings riders. I was completely immersed in these characters and their passion for what they love. They face their fears every time they step onto a mountain and ride on the snow.

Brooke loves boarding too but her job is as a photographer. When she gets the opportunity to work with the False Kings her dreams
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favorites, ku
4.5 STARS!!
"Taking risks is what your heart is for."
In all its New Adult angsty glory, I LOVED this one!

Brooke is an extreme sports photographer who has a chance encounter at an airport with world-famous snowboarder Chase Austin, a man whose poster was on her wall while she was growing up. He's still beautiful, but he turns out to be a bit of an ass in real life.

But the meeting leads to professional opportunities that Brooke can't pass up.

So begins Brooke and Chase's epic battle of
Dora Koutsoukou
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 ❤️❤️💔❤️ 📸 🏂 ⭐️s

A wonderful sports romance read!

Brooke was a sports photographer and Chase was the best world snowboarder.
Their journey was not easy, both characters had their flaws and baggage and their relationship grew over time.
I loved them, even their slow burn romance!

It was very well written and developed, angsty, emotional, the main characters’ chemistry was beautiful and the bond between Chase and his friends was magnificent.

There was a lot of inner thinking and the dialogues betw
Syndi
Sep 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my first read by Miss Dallas. I have to admit, the writing is good. Promising. Its just.... she needs to build more depth/ angle/ plot on the story. The audio book is 1o hours long. And the majority of this 10 hours is filled with inner dialog of Brooke's obsession with Chase. How handsome he is, how sexy, how hot, how he ride the snow, how he drink even how he ripped the condom wrapper.

I get it that Chase is alpha male hero. But too much information in 10 hours length. There is a lot o
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Ride was Harper Dallas’ debut novel. It was written as a standalone but will be the first in the Wild series featuring each member of the False Kings Crew.

Chase Austin was a gorgeous, world famous, professional snowboarder. He was intense, hard working, rich and brooding as well as a playboy through and through. He had a single minded focus on his career. He wore an emotional mask so it was obvious there were hurts, scars and numerous layers of protection surrounding his very public being.

Brooke
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
I loved it soooo much. I love Brooke and Chase's relationship which goes from hate to love.
I can't belive this is author's debut work, it's very well written with smooth storyline. This is standalone and it will be part of Wild series. I can't wait for next book 😊; Harper Dallas please write it soon!!!
Robyn
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 My Kind Of Crazy Stars

Where to start? First off, I’m very impressed with the character development in this debut novel. I’d call this a slow burn, especially on the emotional front. My favorite types of reads consist of an alternating POV. This one was the h’s POV, until the epilogue; which ended up being just about perfect, aside from me wanting more of it.

Chase, had the dark, broody, tortured, and mysteries thing on lock down! I felt the tension coming off of him in ripples! Him being a p
Jen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! Thanks to Roxie, my bestie at Schmexy Girl Book Blog, I am thrilled to say this book was AMAZEBALLS. The writing, the angst, the characters, ALL OF IT. She insisted I drop everything and read Ride by Harper Dallas and OHMYGOD, it's everything I look for in a book. Wrecked and not able to read anything for days after I finished, I FLOVED it. God, this is the kinda book I spend hours searching for, so I'm so grateful for the recommendation. I need more of these characters and I can't wait f ...more
Robin Hill
This is a well thought out debut that kept me on the edge of my seat. Broken hero trope (my fave) with a strong heroine, it's both swoony and angsty and not overly emotional. I'm not usually one for a sports romance, but turns out I can read about snowboarders all day long (and all night, apparently). And the new cover is gorgeous! ...more
Radd Reader
“I love you can be said with our mouths, but it doesn’t have to be."

"Why is honesty easier, in the dark?"

Synopsis:
After being fired from her dream job (before she actually even started her first day), Brooke ends up in Switzerland with an incredible opportunity to fulfill her dreams. Unfortunately a famous snowboarder stands in the way of her path to fulfillment. Of course, it just happens to be the hot athlete who was the star of her teenage fantasies.

My Thoughts: The following are my tho
• Lisa •
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book: Ride

Author: Harper Dallas

Chatty romance book thoughts:
This book was my ultimate kryptonite - delicious slow burn, perfectly placed steamy teasing, a moody broody hero with a heart of gold and a heroine who knows her own mind all wrapped up in a fantastically plotted, sports themed romance - winning. Thankfully, I recently stumbled across this book on my Instagram feed and after seeing a trusted fellow reviewer had fallen in love with this story I was more than a little curious. And boy did
Lu Bielefeld
Eu não conhecia o trabalho desta autora e eu fiquei impressionada positivamente.
A história flui bem e os personagens são todos muito interessantes e que prendem a atenção do leitor.
Gostei muito e recomendo. Eu vou ficar de olho no trabalho da autora.
---------
I didn't know the work of this author, and I was impressed positively.
The story flows well and the characters are all very interesting and holding the reader's attention.
I enjoyed and recommend. I'll keep an eye on the work of the author.
Jul 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful book. Eyeroll inducing. Spineless heroine and a jackass hero. No characterization whatsoever. There was no chemistry between the heroine and hero (can't remember their names, that's how forgettable them and this book was). Their relationship was strictly sexual and there wasn't even anything there with that. Plus, nothing happens between them until almost halfway through the book. I hate books that are slow developing their characters' relationships like that unless it's done in a way that ...more
Jacqueline
I borrowed this on ku ages ago after my friend recommended it and it's been sitting on my kindle unread ever since. I hate to think of all of the pants reads I've suffered through when this little piece of utter brilliance was just a click away.

It had a plot, feels (oh, so many feels), hot smut, dirty talk, a swoony hero, a feisty female and even proper character development.

I thought this was an outstanding read. Complete story and available on ku. Highly recommended.
mich
Wasn't impressed with the beginning, then I started liking it, then I started really liking it, then I was LOVING IT, then I got confused and annoyed, then I was like, oh.

The writing had some really awkward parts (typos, weird grammar, etc.), but overall it wasn't too bad. And it also had some really amazing moments -- there were some fantastic, dramatic angsty and emotional scenes and I loooooved them.

And I LOVED reading about all the snowboarding stuff. I want to learn to do the snowboards!

HMS
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First I'd like to thank my GR friends, Bibi, P. Angelico and Jennifer T. for putting this on my GR feed. I absolutely loved this story and can't wait to read more by this author. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!!!!! 😘

Chase was the ultimate broody, asshole hero and I loved him. Once the reasons for his actions and attitude came to light, I fell for the big jerk and hard. Were his actions and behavior justified, no, but understandable. My favorite characters are ones with the most flaw
Anne OK
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ride was Harper Dallas’ debut novel in 2018. It was written as a standalone and the first book in the Wild Sequence series featuring the False Kings snowboarding crew. I don’t know how I missed the release early on of this compelling and well-written sports-related romance – and certainly don’t understand why there wasn’t more hype surrounding its release.

Brooke Larson, an up-and-coming photojournalist and Chase Austin, world famous and top-rated snowboarder are the lead characters. Both ar
P. Dangelico
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5. Loved it. This author clearly has a profound love of extreme snowboarding and conveyed her knowledge brilliantly without bogging the story down with a lot of clumsy info dumping. This is how sports romance should be written. If you like a grumpy, tarnished hero give this book a shot. I can't wait for the next one! ...more
Tzelina
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I l o v e d it!! I was hooked from the 1st page until the end!!
Jaime Fiction Fangirls
I’m struggling to believe that this was a debut novel and that this book and this author haven’t received the praise and attention it truly deserves. This is a MUST READ!!

This book was everything! Fantastic character development, plotting and pacing. I couldn’t put this book down once I started!!

Chase is the perfect broken hero. He’s angry, sad and keeps to himself but beneath all of the gruffness is a heart of gold. I loved him.

Brooke is brave, smart and almost as guarded as Chase . Their ch
lucie
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english, 2020
What a surprise this book was! I randomly picked it as my next read this morning and couldn't stop reading since then (good thing I have a very little to do now with the quarantene, haha).
It is a pretty standard romance and you know from the very beginning how the story ends and what happens. But I am sucker for books about adrenaline sports, especially snowboarders. I enjoyed it a lot, it was easy to visualize the story setting which is great in this case but the book was unnecessarily long (f
Nikki
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, this book was really great. I was in a book funk having not finished many books lately, this I could read straight through!
Will be looking for more releases by this author.
4.5*
Meggie
4.5 stars!

I really, really enjoyed this one. Most of the reason for this is because I knew next to nothing about the snowboarding world, so it was super interesting outside of the love story. The romance genre as a whole has become a little formulaic and redundant to me lately, so the fact this was in a “new” setting really made a huge difference. Was it perfect? Of course not. But I rate by enjoyment only, and I gobbled this one up 🦃

Brooke Larson is a 24-year-old photographer for extreme sports
Beatrix
But I guess words always get you, in the end.

Boring cover and an unoriginal title hide a real gem! This was really emotional, angsty and just so...real. At first glance, this book really seems so ordinary, there are thousands of them out there, but if you enjoy reading romance, please don't let this one pass you by.
For me it was special because of the way it was written, all the emotions author managed to convey.

And I really think the cover should've been some winter landscape (Bella Coola

• Dropping In (Snow-Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Hustle
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Waking Olivia
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse #1)
  • Puck Me Secretly (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Collided (Dirty Air, #2)
  • Not My Match (The Game Changers, #2)
  • All Rhodes Lead Here
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • The Art of Falling For You (Falling, #1)
  • The Wrong Game
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • Punk 57
  • The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Enemies
See top shelves…
Harper Dallas writes romantic fiction. Her favorite stories are about true love, strong women, and the men who can handle them.

After exploring the world, Harper met her own tall, blond, and handsome stranger right back at home. She is now living her happy ever after in the wilderness of British Columbia.

When she's not writing love stories, you can probably find her in the mountains.

The Wild Sequence (2 books)
  • Crash (The Wild Sequence, #2)

Related Articles

Casey McQuiston fell in love with New York City before she started living there. She made the decision to relocate from her Southern home after...
“Chase grunts at that, shoving himself up and away. For a moment he looks down at me, flushed and open mouthed. “Suck me.” It’s a demand. “I want to feel your tongue on my cock.” He isn’t gentle. Once I take him in my mouth he twists his fingers in my hair, the hold burning as I tilt my face to see the drop of his head, his eyes closed, his mouth parted to an O. “Fuck.” He shudders, the word hardly a shaping of his heavy breath. “Like that.” He feels so good in my mouth. Hot and hard, too much for me to take into my throat without gagging a little over his length. That makes him grunt, the hard planes of his belly tensing. I can feel his twitching indecision in the movements of his fingers through my hair, torn between the need to hold me close and the need to be inside another part of me. He doesn’t stay indecisive for long. “You want me to fuck you?” His voice is ragged. Yes, yes. I try to tell him with the sweep of my tongue and the hollow of my cheeks, the enthusiastic bob of my head. When Chase grabs me he’s rough. His hands hold tight at my shoulders as he shoves me over, face down on the bed. One fist tugs my hip up as the other braces low over my spine. “Wait,” is a rasped order. I can feel the mattress move as he leans to the bedside drawer, and then there’s the ripping sound of a foil packet torn on his teeth. There’s no warning after that. Only his cock, buried inside of me in one savage thrust. I cry out his name, and everything splinters with too much and yes and the good-ache pain of being opened by him. “Brooke.” It’s grunted at my ear as Chase begins a slow, solid pound into me, each thrust shoving to full sink. It hurts a little. He’s too big. It’s too quick. But god, it’s amazing. “Your pussy feels so good wrapped around my cock. So fucking good.” His fingers find my clit, and it’s all I can do not to cry out with how good it feels. His hips slam against my raised ass as he pounds into me, all that muscle riding me as expertly as he rode the mountains today. “Come.” He bites it at my ear, grinding his cock into me, holding the deepest penetration all the way into my aching core. “Come for me.” He’s starting to pound me again, and where my face is smashed against the pillow I whimper out the too-much-good of it, each slam of his body into mine forcing the breath from my lungs and spiking pleasure along my spine. “Please—please—please—” “Beg me,” Chase growls. “Say you want me. Say you need me inside of you.” “Please. Make me come. Chase. Please. Fuck me.” It’s so much I’m almost sobbing with it. Chase pounds on, relentless, until as I begin to spasm with my orgasm he grunts out his own. My hips pinned in his fingers. His body slammed into mine. Both of us, breaking apart together.” 5 likes
“She’s still the thing that frightens me most in the world. I guess that’s what the real thing does to you . You know how much it means to you, and you never want to lose it.” 4 likes