Start by marking “See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison, #2)” as Want to Read:
See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison, #2)

See You Soon, Afton

(The Afton Morrison Series #2)

Somebody is watching. Somebody is always watching.

A teenage girl in Wakefield has been abducted, and tracking her down not only tests Afton’s moral limits, but threatens her freedom and her life.

Suspected of murder by local police, and under the watch of a menacing figure in the shadows, Afton’s search and rescue effort unravels dark secrets from her own past. Familial sec
Published August 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about See You Soon, Afton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See You Soon, Afton

Start your review of See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison, #2)
Linda Strong
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Afton Morrison is a female psychopathic vegetarian librarian who has a thirst for violence and craves the thought of taking a human life. She also has a pet goldfish.

She knows the difference between right and wrong; she just chooses to draw the line differently than most people. She talks to an imaginary version of herself ..... and someone she calls "The Man In The Shadows' who seems to be following her. The thing is .. she doesn't know if he's real or not.

This is the second installment of a 4-
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
See you Soon, Afton really seemed to delve into Afton’s moral quandry. She’s always had these instincts to kill, but is it in her? Can she fool herself saying that she’s killing for good when it’s a bad person she’s after? What really makes a “bad person” and who has the right to be that judge and jury? Will she listen to her mother’s final words, and realize that killing isn’t the way to soothe her soul? Well, Afton is definitely ready to find out as people begin to make a re-appearance and tur ...more
Donna
When I finished this book I was freaking out!! I don’t even think I could have formed complete sentences to write my review! This book!!! It was EVEN BETTER than the first book, which was awesome!!! If you haven’t started this series, you really need to!!

So, the book starts right off where the cliffhanger from book one left off. There’s lots of suspense, action and mystery. Some things get resolved, but then there’s twists and turns that are pretty shocking. The whole thing moves along pretty qu
Lynda Dickson
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Agest 17+
Shelves: adult
With Kenneth out of the way, Afton sets her sights on The Man in Shadows, who has kidnapped Kim and is now taunting Afton. What does he want? And what is the big secret from Afton’s past?

The short, punchy chapters keep you reading, and the author maintains a brisk pace to ramp up the suspense. We find out more about Afton’s past and the origin story of her alter-ego Animus. While Animus doesn’t have as great a presence in this installment, it’s nice to see that Afton is no longer a loner but now
Jen Jordan
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the Afton Morrison Series does not disappoint! Another fast and fun read that draws you in quickly - non-stop action with twists and turns on every page.

Book 2 gives readers much more insight into Afton - can she really kill? Will she listen to her mother’s final words?

I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves thrillers! I can’t wait for book 3 to see what happens next!
Jessica Bronder
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afton has her hands full. The Man in the Shadows killed Kenneth but left a message for her making the police think she is the killer. Then her assistant, Kim has disappeared and she is in The Man’s hands. Afton wants to kill him but it comes to light that he has known Afton for a long time and her past is going to come out and bite her.

The more I read about Afton the more I have come to hope she gets to kill someone. But I have to say the reveal about The Man in the Shadow and more turned this s
Keith Chawgo
Written in the first person, Welcome Home Afton starts out with an egotistical narrator who appears to lack a sympathy or empathy from the reader. As this is a personal review, this maybe that I couldn’t really connect with the main character which may have been one of the reasons I personally didn’t get on with the book that well.

I will continue writing about what worked for me. The plot is interesting and with the different gender switch, adds a different twist to the norm. The story meanders
D J
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Afton is the most interesting character. She is very wise and smart and yet thirsty for blood. After reading book 1 , I found it a bit difficult to understand why she was so determined to kill. After reading book 2, I now see and understand Afton much better. Her past revealed much about her and her brother Chris. He loves his sister and would do anything for her. This book (2) has me just craving for more, I can't wait to read book 3 . The characters in the book are so well described and when y ...more
Mayu
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(If you haven’t read the first book please omit the star marked postion )

*See you Soon, Afton is another great addition to Afton Morrison series. The story begins with Afton looking for the man who had kidnapped Kim. Soon she gets contacted by the kidnapper himself and that sets the balls rolling.* Thereafter the story gets thrilling and gripping with twists and turns coming at you from all sides.

The second half of the book was especially packed with twists and turns so unexpected that it comple
Andrea
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better then the first book! In this next installment we learn more about our characters while not even tapping the breaks on the plot for a second, continuing this fascinating tale at breakneck speed.

This book peels another layer of the onion of Afton's character being peeled back. We are left with the feeling of many more layers to be revealed in the coming novels.

The plot is clever and all at once thrilling and fascinating. I would definitely recommend reading the first book before this o
Jay
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Afton Morrison series is a really fun book. I thought that the kidnapping of her friend did a great job forcing Afton into fully accepting who she has been destined to be. She has to jump through hoops to try and save her friend before time runs out and she has to continue to unweave the secrets of her past. All while escaping the law as a wanted person of interest. There is a lot in here and I don't want to spoil anything.

This story was given to me for free at my request
Gina Catalano
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The first two installments of the Afton Morrison series are fast reads, yet impeccable execution. From one cliffhanger to the next, Brent Jones keeps readers wondering what comes next in the final two installments, Nice Try, Afton and Time’s Up, Afton."

To read the full review, visit http://www.blackisthenewapstyle.com/2...
Andréa Jones
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah! I read this book in one day and literally couldn’t put it down. The first Afton book was a warm up for the mystery, intrigue, and action in this second part of the series.

We find out more about Afton’s past and it’s HUGE. I’m not going to spoil it because you have to read it for yourself.

Plus, the cliffhanger from book one gets resolved with tons of action along the way.

I loved the suspense of it all and I’m excited to see how Afton fixes this mess in the next book. She’s got a ton of wor
Alexa Dudley
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As the second installment in the Afton Morrison Series, See You Soon, Afton by Brent Jones picks up right where the first book, Go Home, Afton (click HERE to read my review of Go Home, Afton!) left off. I don't want to give anything away from the ending of the first book but See You Soon, Afton once again follows the children librarian Afton Morrison as she continues to contemplate giving into her murderous urge, this time with a new target.

In See You Soon, Afton Brent Jones does a wonderful jo
Misty's Book Space

Back in June I participated in the blog tour for Go Home, Afton which was the first part in this 4 part series and you can read my review for that here. The author was kind enough to provide those of us who participated in the blog tour with the second book and that’s what I will be reviewing today.

See You Soon, Afton picks up pretty much where book 1 left off and is action packed and full of twists. I ended up reading this in one sitting and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough.

I don’
Amanda
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
At last! I finished the second book and my initial response was…well damn! That’s a good thing, though. I’m going to try my best to keep this as spoiler free as I can. I do suggest, if you haven’t already, to read my review for the first book Go Home, Afton. Or, just go read the book itself and you’ll see what I mean.

Afton cracks me up. She’s a smart ass librarian and I love her. She suffered such a trauma and that’s why she has this look a like alter ego named Animus.

This one takes place right
Brent Jones
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Suspected of a murder she didn’t commit, Afton searches for an abducted teenage girl, leading her to unravel dark secrets from her own past.
Meher Gandhi
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*NOTE: This review was originally posted on my blog (https://thescribblingssite.wordpress.com).
I am extremely grateful to Reads And Reels for sending me this book. However, this does not at all hinder my honest opinions regarding the book. This is a spoiler-free review. All opinions are solely mine.
_____________________________________________

My rating: 4.75/5 stars

Woah! What a ride! When I finished reading the first book in the series (‘Go Home, Afton’), I was left completely numb. And oh dear,
Stanley McShane
Holy smokes! Book 2 literally sets the plot on fire with the dark and desperate attempt by Afton to find and save little Kim. Unfortunately, things didn't quite go according to plan. If Afton ravaged your senses in Book 1 with the first person account of her twisted, deep vigilante desires and her comprehensive search for the perfect victim (Kenneth) to stem the Animus within her, Book 2 slams what you thought you knew about where this was going against a very hot, blackened wall.

Afton is descri
Hobart
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
Argh. I don't know how to talk about this -- it's so much the second quarter of a story that I'm not sure what to say. Still, I feel compelled to try.

This picks up right after the events of Go Home, Afton and continues the story. It's almost as good -- probably about as good, but since we know this world a bit now, there's not as much of the joy of discovery. That's the only negative to getting the story told in novella-length chunks
Kate
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank goodness readers didn’t have long to wait after the cliffhanger ending of Go Home, Afton.

The second installment in Brent Jones’ Afton Morrison series, See You Soon, Afton, picks up right where the first novella left off, keeping the reader on pins and needles the entire time.

One of the best aspects of the author’s writing is his extensive character development, which continues along with the progression of the story. Here, we find out more about Afton’s past as well as about complementary
Jessica Belmont
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alright, before you read this review, if you haven’t started this series, stop and go read it. Not because I’m about to spoil anything, but because you NEED to. I can’t even put into words how incredible this story is!

Afton’s morality comes into play much more in See You Soon, Afton, and it’s very compelling. The constant struggle of wanting to feed the urge to kill, but also concerned for the innocent. It’s an internal conflict that just makes Afton so much more intriguing. As a reader, part of
David H
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you liked the first novella - Go Home, Afton - then you’ll love the second installment.

Author Brent Jones takes us right back to where we left off with vigilante librarian Afton Morrison searching for the abducted teenager Kim. Ably assisted by local reporter Jared, brother Chris and his girlfriend Tia, Afton follows up on a phone call from the menacing and mysterious man lurking in the shadows. Is it really Ray Aitken?

It’s hard to put this book down. But you don’t need to. This short novella
Ashley Hedden
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See You Soon, Afton by Brent Jones was a great read. This is book two in the Afton Morrison Series. Afton is challenged when trying to track down a young girl who is abducted. Unfortunately Afton has to be careful because she is suspected of committing murder. I have really enjoyed reading Afton's story and can't wait to read more of the series. This is another must read series by Brent Jones.
Mark Gunning
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I just finished the second book in the series and I have to say, this one rocked! Once again Jones packs a punch when you need it. With a plot twist hitting you smack in the face, I can't wait to read the next one. The best news? You don't have to wait long!
Rock
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book picks up right where the first book left off. Another action packed thriller. A great quick and easy ready. Looking forward to book 3!
hRm
rated it did not like it
Feb 27, 2019
Shanannigans
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller-crime

Reease DAy.png

Where as Go Home, Afton sets up the story and introduces Afton, a morally ambiguous librarian who lusts for blood, book #2 delivers full-throttle, adrenaline fueled thrills and a whopper of a twist! We learn more about the character and of course, become more invested in their fates. No longer is Afton alone in her quest which ups the stakes because now there are people she actually cares for and they have huge targets on their backs.

I really enjoy Brent’s gritty writing style and it very mu
Christie Brown
Jul 07, 2018
Lorna
Nov 18, 2018

• Father Figure
  • The Gemini Connection
  • The Nanny Song
From bad checks to bathroom graffiti, Brent Jones has always been drawn to writing. He won a national creative writing competition at the age of fourteen, although he can’t recall what the story was about.

Jones writes from his home in Fort Erie, Canada. He’s happily married, a bearded cyclist, a mediocre guitarist, and the proud owner of two dogs with a God complex. Subscribe to his newsletter (Au

The Afton Morrison Series (4 books)
  • Go Home, Afton (Afton Morrison, #1)
  • Nice Try, Afton (Afton Morrison, #3)
  • Time's Up, Afton (Afton Morrison, #4)

News & Interviews