Start by marking “The Teleporter” as Want to Read:
The Teleporter

The Teleporter

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  33 ratings  ·  18 reviews
What if there was a power like no other? What if one drunken slouch happened to stumble where nobody has stumbled before and discovered the ability to teleport!
Just when you thought there were enough super hero stories in this world, we made another one…
Kurt Wiseman is your average mid-twenties slouch with a serial thirst for alcohol, that is until destiny calls upon him
Published April 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Teleporter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Teleporter

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Teleporter
Kristina Gallo
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a combination of science fiction, parody, and drama. Kurt is not a typical hero, he is not Spidermen neither Batman. He is an alcohol addict and has problems with relationships. Also, he published a novel, and from time to time he talks with his characters. He will be fired because of his rebellious nature but his powers will get a new dimension after an accident in the office. The world is divided on reach and poor people and it results in resistance. Casey, the character in this n ...more
Sanna G.
Apr 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, rc-read
The Teleporter by Lee Hall

I got this book sent to me by Hall himself and was so excited to read it. I’m a big fan of superheroes and everything that comes with it, the action, the adventures, the good vs bad...therefor I find it really hard to say that this wasn’t my cup of tea.

This book strongly shows how much influence and power people with money have which I really enjoyed. It showed how rich people are the ones to decide while the people with less money don’t have any saying which I feel
Kurt Brindley
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun, breezy read of a book that delivers on exactly what the author set out for it to do, and that is, essentially, to have it be a fun, breezy read of a book.

How do I know this? Because we’re told as much in an author’s note at the end of the book.

“I set out to create this story with one goal in mind, which was above all, to make people laugh…” – Lee Hall

Mission accomplished, Mr. Hall.

And not only does our besodden superhero Kurt Wiseman (cool name) humor us with his meh Millennial me
Elysia Strife
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A humorously crass story of a drunkard turned superhero.

Hall has created a realistic world in which corporations hold the power and the common man has little control over his own life, until fate elects a portion and hands it over in the form of teleportation karma. The transformation of our main character, Kurt, is depicted with a perfect amount of stumbles, physical and emotional, and leaves us rooting for him as he finds his new place in society.

The voice isn’t hindered by formalities; it is
Feed The Crime
I could definitely imagine myself at The Drunk Poet’s Society up on karaoke after too drinking too many 2-for-1 cocktails, it really was at the heart of this story. So our mighty hero Kurt is a borderline alcoholic, the first line in this book even says “You know, I really love booze.” He’s published one graphic novel and now has a job in which he doesn’t really do much.
I loved that he had to stop drinking to be able to use his powers, that was a touch that I definitely haven’t seen before.
There
Duncan Thompson
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't get me wrong, I love comic books and superhero flicks. But after almost 20 years since the X-Men hit the screen, for me the genre has grown stale. Which is why Lee Hall's The Teleporter is the perfect antidote to the monotony of superhero movies.
Kurt Wiseman, lives for booze, as is apparent from the opening chapter, but all that changes when a lab accident leaves him with the ability to teleport. With great power is the responsibility to go viral.
Witty pros, written in 1st person that sma
J.C
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book such a fun and interesting look at the superhero/ noir genre. It made me laugh several times with ease and the main character was three-dimensional. Quite meta in it's own way turning novel tropes on their head if you're looking for something enjoyable to read I suggest The Teleporter for sure.
Philip
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite an amazing and unusual read. A unique take on a superhero which seem to be all the fashion now. Very readable and funny. Anyone can take up The Teleporter and be transported into a realm of fun and games.
Roxie
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let’s give it up for the hero of drinkers everywhere, Teleporter Man

Clever, boozy action piece with a barely-super-hero, slacker indie author for the protagonist? Yes, please. Will be reading more from this author.
Nicole
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kurt Wiseman is good at one thing - being a drunken layabout. He has a dead end job, no love life, few friends, a mess of an apartment, and in general, life is going nowhere for him. But he has his booze and he seems quite ok with that. Until one day in work he has to actually do some, you know, work. Then things take a turn for the weird. His job is for a mega rich American businessman, who may sound a tad familiar as you read. You may question is he reminding you of one person, or is the entir ...more
Shiulie Ghosh
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Early on we're told 'this isn't your standard comic book hero story' - in fact, it's the very antithesis of that.
Our 'hero' begins as an unashamed drunk. He's written so convincingly, you can picture him in his natural habitat of a bar, booze in hand, rolling his eyes at the very mention of heroism. Once he gets his powers (by accident, as all the best superheroes do), he has to figure out how to use them. The book cleverly tackles questions we never really ask of superhero types. For example,
Richard G
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As somebody who mainly only reads non-fiction science and philosophy, I have to say that this is such a fun book, in two senses - it's fun and easy-going to read with the style of writing, and the content is fun and entertaining! As I said, this is not the kind of book I normally pick up, but this was thoroughly enjoyable. Mr Hall is getting better with each book he writes, and with this book he proves not only that first point - but also the fact he can incorporate serious, fun and comedic styl ...more
Roslyn Renwick
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun book with believable protagonist.
The main character reminded me all too well of more than one person I knew amongst the creative crowd. It was very funny, in a typically English, self deprecating, but sharply critical of those seen to abuse their power, way. It also gave an amusing nod towards those gritty, gangster era American private eye type novels, as well as a skit on the "Superhero" comics. Very entertaining.
Irene Pylypec
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Humorous yet thought-provoking

From the very beginning, it’s easy to visualize the cliché comic book-type characters to whom we are introduced. All that’s missing is the cigarette smoke. That comes later.
The Teleporter by Lee Hall gives a voice to the downtrodden in a very entertaining and humorous manner. Why shouldn’t the marginalized in society be superheroes?
S.D. McKinley
Aug 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cover: Book covers don’t get much better than this. A classy bar setting type feel which fits perfectly. I feel like I’m missing an olive and a toothpick? Not quite sure what the review quote on the right is referring to, haha. Fun fact – the defocused effect of the background is called Bokeh.

I can’t really pick any two word combination in this whole book that I can scoff at, or three word combination, or four words either. Heck, there isn’t even a whole sentence I don’t like, or paragraph or a
Rebecca Hefner
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was just flat-out hilarious (which the author was looking to accomplish as he states at the end of the book!). Chapter 1 begins with our anti-hero, Kurt, telling us how much he loves booze. Chapter 2 begins with him maligning everything to do with booze, which rings true to every person who's ever had a terrible hangover. Kurt goes on to discover he's a superhero, sort of, and his satirical musings and actions made me laugh while also telling a deeper story. This is a novella-length bo ...more
Bruce Knapp
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Teleporter was feckin' funny. I like the interesting twist of the superhero genre.

If you enjoy superheroes and satire... this is a must read.

I don't want to be someone who just won't leave, so take... these broken wings...

The End  (Seriously, end of review)
Carol Campling
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book, made me laugh out loud but also made me think... Loved it
Rebecca Hefner
Richard Hoxworth
Jul 25, 2020
Andrew Holland
Dec 03, 2019
Authors & Reviewers: Reviews wanted for super hero comedy novella 1 11 Nov 28, 2018 02:33AM
Making Connections: 5241. - THE TELEPORTER by Lee Hall 4 20 May 29, 2018 12:20AM

• Kiss My Assassin (Charles Bishop #1)
  • No Way Home
  • Mark of a Demon
  • The Fixer (The Raincoast Saga, #1)
  • First Job (Minimum Wage Sidekick #1)
  • A Lack of Motive (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #8)
  • Asylum
  • Sister Parker
  • Oops, My Bad
  • Road to Redemption: A Global Spy Thriller (The Ahriman Legacy Book 2)
  • The Drain
  • The Long Reach (Jonathan Roper Investigates #3)
  • Kiowa, Texas
  • In the Line of Fire (Donald Cameron Naval Thriller #1)
  • Hunted (Shadow Reapers, #1)
  • American Mutt: One Man. The Deepest State. An Uncivil War.
  • Georgie Shaw Cozy Mystery (Georgie Shaw #1-3)
  • Inca Trail to Machu Picchu: Sixteen strangers and the quest for the holy Facebook photo.
Lee Hall has spent many years reading and writing. The fruits of such are his multiple indie published books crossing several genres. From occult thrillers with monsters, witches and vampires which eventually became known as the ‘Order of the Following Series’ to paranormal romance and even the tale of a drunken superhero looking for justice. All of his works carry a deeper meaning that tribute th ...more

News & Interviews