Start by marking “Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane, #2)

Breaking Mr. Cane

(Cane #2)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  1,053 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
The gripping, steamy follow up to the bestselling forbidden romance, Wanting Mr. Cane...

KANDY
I was left broken, my heart beating a little bit harder in order to survive. I'd tried picking up the pieces, but when it came to Cane, it was hard to let go.
The way we touched was special and we promised to never forget one another. I had him right in the palm of my hand--thought
ebook, 1st Edition, 258 pages
Published July 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Mr. Cane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Mr. Cane

Cristina | CristiinaReads
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳When forbidden strikes again, Shanora Williams knows how to expertly write it in an enticing romance novel filled with lots of drama making you crave more...

➳I have encountered yet again another author that has slowly captivated and SLAYED my heart with their writing. Shanora Williams somehow, in some wicked way has put herself in a special place in my heart for making me love her writing more and more every time she releases something new. I am not the biggest fan of stories with cliffhanger
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
So good!!

I love Cane and Kandy together. In this book you can see how much Kandy has matured. She’s 19 now, but has a good head on her shoulders. They still have to fight for people to accept their love but in the end they know that what matters is that they are happy.

We get to meet some people in this book that either you love or hate. Kelly is still crazy and that cliffhanger ending stole my breath! I can’t wait for part 3 in September.

I can’t get enough of Cane and Kandy. I hope they get t
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Ok. wow. This book picks up directly from where Wanting Mr Cane left off so if you haven't read that yet and this series appeals to you then step away from the review because this review is spoiler central about book 1 in the Cane series.

This book is a lot darker than Wanting Mr Cane and it deals with some intense subjects such as child and spousal abuse (which was briefly covered in Wanting Mr Cane but becomes more relevant in Breaking Mr Cane), drug and alcohol abuse and mental health issues.
Carla Bulian
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Que continuação!
Não estou sabendo lidar com esse livro. Ele fez com que eu não parade de pensar nele nas horas vagas.
Portanto, por isso, dou 5 estrelas.
Muito bom.
Ann
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta
5 + Stars!!

I am absolutely loving this series!! It is actually becoming a top favorite. As much as I loved the first book I might just love this one a little more. This book was actually a pretty emotional read for me and I cried several times. There’s still that forbidden aspect I love so much as well as some angst mixed with some heavy scenes that truly make you feel for them and their situation.
You really see Kandy mature and grow in this book after what she’s had to deal with and go through
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When love hits you , it doesn’t care about age or color or even if it’ll hurt.

description

And it hits hard!! Kandy Jennings is infected with love, the same ailment is eating up Quentin Cane alive. They're so far apart, yet just a memory away in their souls. The story is is flowing way past the tragic mark almost into ugly-cry territory. Shanora has dipped her pen in pain & tears, impregnated it with misery and angst. I felt sorry, oh so hurtfully sorry for them. Why couldn't the world leave them alone
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4.5 "What. The. Hell?" Stars

First and foremost, cliffhangers and I are not friends! I don't know what Shanora is thinking. Honestly, I think she thrives in having her readers be in pain. Shaking my head so damn hard at you Shanora. I can't handle this! I'm raging right now and need a round with a punching bag because I need to let this aggression out. I'm huffing and puffing over here wanting to blow a damn house down and let all this steam ou
Bela
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Another cliffhanger? No thanks. This was slow enough for me and has turned out into a soap opera. And there will be 4 books? I hoped it was a duet.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

Breaking Mr. Cane almost broke me. This book was better than the first and I honestly didn't think Quinton Cane could get better but he sure fucking did! I fell more in love with him and with Kane (should this be their ship name or is there a better one? possibly.).

So so much happened! The book was jam packed with action, twists and turns, betrayals, new characters and so much depth. You get to know so much more about Quinton but still not enough, there will be much more to kn
RentasticReads
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how she does it, but Shanora Williams has given us yet again what she does best in Breaking Mr. Canean excellent and epic sequel to a forbidden romance that could easily be described as even better than the first book; characters we both love and hate; twists and turns that will make your head spin, your gut churn and your blood boil; and a massive cliffhanger that will make you want to pull all your hair out and leave your jaw hanging. It was just one crazy, hot, or intensely nerv ...more
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
First oh my gahh I want to thank the book gods that all three books are out now and I don't have to wait . Because boy that cliffhanger just about killed me .

I have been freaking loving this series. I can't remember the last time I have binge read a series. Goodness I can't get enough. This book has consumed me. I have been staying up late and taking every spare minute just to read a few more chapters. Just love it!! Can you tell?? Lol

Candy Cane is soooo my fav couple right now!! I just don't kn
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
This book captivated me from the very beginning!! I was really looking forward to this book after finishing book 1 and I definitely wasn't disappointed. This book picks up right where the first left off so I didn't feel like i missed out on anything. It was a very intense story and so many things are finally revealed. I couldn't put it down once I began.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily.
Amanda
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well hot damn, Kane and Candy still got that fire 🔥 They definitely like to tempt fate. This book kept me on edge through the whole thing with so many secrets, ticking time bombs just waiting to explode. And when it exploded, man was it bad! Can't wait for the next book in this series to see how things play out!
Elizarey
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-_netgalley
Wow. Wow. Wow! What a wild freaking ride!!! I didn’t think I could hate Kelly anymore than I do and I didn’t think I could love Cane and Kandy anymore either! My emotions were all over the place while reading. I needed to know what happened, constantly being at the edge of my seat. I think my blood pressure sky rocketed! This is one intense read.
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Shanora Williams sure knows how to throw a wicked curve ball! The inner turmoil that has separated both Kandy and Cane has reached an all time high. When secrets come to the light, you won't know what hit you!

I absolutely loved the first book, but Breaking Mr. Cane has bewitched me. I have no words to describe how heartbreaking this book was for me to read. This book is so intense and powerful... You could feel the tension rising by the end of the book.

I can't wait for what is in store for us
Betty Lankovits
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
***ARC***

5 billion F%&KING AWESOME STARS

So, here I am, at the end of the 2nd book. And if I said I loved the first book, well then, I don't know what to say now.
This series is getting better and better. I almost hyperventilated t the end. I can't even think straight.

This book, peeps, this book! I have no words, just exclamation marks. I've told you again and again just how GOOD Shanora Williams is as a writer, and the Cane series is her strongest stuff so far.

It's powerful, it's explosive
Tanaka K
First of all I need to rant to Shanora Williams for that cliffhanger for Breaking Mr. Cane. I am a huge mess over it. I want to punch something or someone. I want to kill someone. The urge is real. I was left in a pit with my emotions because of Breaking Mr. Cane. I was left with tears flowing and my stomach up in knots. Gosh, this book ANNIHILATED me. This book mentally destroyed me. Breaking Mr. Cane absolutely laid everything bare. I felt the deep emotions. I felt the love seeping from the pa ...more
Rosie J.
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Forbidden Romance
One should always be weary of a woman scorned who isn't wrapped too tight. Now Cane and Kandy are dealing with the aftermath of Kelly's vindictiveness. All of their lives have been impacted and repercussions are felt, both far and wide. Separately, Cane and Kandy try to pick of the pieces of their tattered lives while wondering how they can salvage the remains and move on.

Trying on her forced maturity for size, Kandy is determined to immerse herself in her college experience by hanging out with
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane #2)
by Shanora Williams
4.5 Stars

Picking right up where we left with Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane #1), All heck has broken out and everyone is involved! There’s Blood, there’s a concussion, there’s someone in jail… I don’t know which way to turn!!!

How could love between two be so hard?

Kandy is now at the University of Notre Dame (Go IRISH!!) getting into the grove of living on her own, going to classes, and being a part of the baseball team. The only thing missing is Cane. He is
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Shanora Williams you're in trouble!!!!! Giving me another cliffy that had me yelling at my Ipad. Loved the chemistry and genuine emotions we got between Mr Cane & Kandy - could feel their passion. Heat Factor was off the charts & as for the angst - gah!!! Talk about holy plot twists Batman - did not see that one coming - and now you're going to make me wait. Again. You're sooo mean. Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book
Luiza
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a cliff.....
What a great book.
Book Maniac Forever

5+ "When It Feels Right" Stars
After the way Wanting Mr. Cane concluded, I was so eager to finally get my hands on Breaking Mr. Cane. Shanora Williams has a way to get you hooked on her stories and this novel blew my mind! I was expecting to love it, but it was even better than I could have wanted! Through sorrow, desire, love, drama, Kandy and Cane’s story continues with everything in place to get you completely addicted!

"When you're with someone you love, they are your escape from the m
MJ
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Shanora Williams brings forth her very best with this continuation in the Cane series! Breaking Mr. Cane picks up where we left off in Wanting Mr. Cane and I was completely taken aback at just how intense a ride this would be. Everything was and is still turned upside down as secrets were revealed which left Cane, Kandy and her parents reeling. I was almost afraid as to what could possibly happen next and if the hurt and the disappointment felt by so many could be resolved.

What I truly adored ab
Chele'
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shanora clearly likes to torture her readers in the best way possible! I feel so emotionally damaged but I'm also begging for more!

You remember how we last left Kandy and Cane right!? RIGHT!? So we're back to that moment and having to deal with all the ramifications and the consequences of everyone's actions. And while I COMPLETELY understand why Derek did what he did, it broke my heart because I love Cane and Kandy together no matter what anyone says. But we can't always have what we want, can
Sissy's Romance Book Review
BREAKING MR. CANE by Shanora Williams is book Two in the Cane series. This continues the story of Kandy and Cane. I feel strongly that you need to read the previous book 'Wanting Mr. Cane' to understand their story. This picks up with Kandy starting her new life at college and with Cane trying to deal with the aftermath of their hot relationship. Neither can forget the other which leads them to each other of course. I am so in love with this series! I just can't wait for their happy ending...yes ...more
Jamie
Shelves: 2018-favorites
I cannot deal with Kandy + Cane. These two rock my world, flip it upside down and just can't seem to make it right again. Yet.

This is book 2 in the series and I've waited years for it! Not literally, it's only been a month or so, but the first book sucked me in. I had to know what happened. Breaking Mr. Cane was every raw emotion I needed it to be. It has depth, longing and feeling. Cane and Kandy are everything I want, minus a few bumps and scrapes along the way.

If you're someone who needs an e
Michelle
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. Omg I thought the first book was good, but this second book breaking Mr cane wow its off the charts! It's filled with so many different feelings and emotions your going to have to stop to take a breath that's how good it is. I can't get enough of Mr Cane.
StarfallBaubles
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can you say whirlwind of emotion! I loved this so much! I need the next one NOW! Lol! I have so many questions!
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who loves writing about flawed heroes and resilient heroines. She is a believer that love outweighs all, but doesn’t have a problem making her characters fight for their happily ever after.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of two amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive man, and is a s

Cane (3 books)
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Loving Mr. Cane (Cane, #3)
“but people changed when something bad happened. Hopes failed and dreams crashed like planes and as humans, our only defense is to detach ourselves from the situation” 2 likes
“This will be complicated, but it will be okay, I told myself. Your heart knows what she wants…even if that makes her a traitor” 2 likes