Start by marking “Peony Red” as Want to Read:
Peony Red

Peony Red

(Granite Harbor #1)

Three years ago, Alex Fisher lost her husband and since then, she hasn’t been able to find her stride. She’s out of a job, out of time, and running on fumes. When she receives a personal invitation to visit the picturesque town of Granite Harbor, Maine, she jumps at the chance to start fresh.

Published August 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Peony Red, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peony Red

Dri ✰
Aug 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
★ 1 STAR ★

“You have to meet your fear at the doorway and knock it on its face. You can’t get anywhere in life if fear stands a chance.”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Eu tinha esperanças de que este livro me tiraria da bad que venho sentindo após minhas últimas leituras. Mas infelizmente isso não aconteceu...

A princípio eu estava curtindo a história, pude ter uma visão de como a vida da Alex estava estagnada após ter perdido seu marido há 3 anos. No entanto, esse sentimento começou a mudar a p
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

The first book I ever read from J Lynn Bailey was Standing Sideways, and I loved it so much that I swore I would read anything this author produces from that moment on. Her writing is phenomenal and I urge everyone to check out her stories. I am a huge fan of suspenseful romances when done right, and Peony Red was absolutely done the way I like it. I was captivated and hooked from the Prologue and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the very end.

Ever since Alex Fisher lost her husband three
Kate's Corner
4.5 'Lettuce Eaters Forever' Stars.

Characters & Chemistry.

Alex Fisher is living a stagnant life after being a widow three years she knows that the path she is taking can’t continue. Her career as a writer is going down the drain as she is not writing anything productive.

She is scared to leave behind what she knows but she knows that she can’t stay. After receiving a postcard from Granite Harbor, Maine with a lot of pushing from her parents and her bestie Bryce she goes to see who this Eli c
L.A.
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peony Red by J. Lynn Bailey is a heartwarming second chance love story filled with suspense, steam and one of the most beautifully written male leads I’ve ever read. Warden Eli Young is sexy and sweet and totally swoon worthy. This is my first book by J. Lynn but it won’t be my last.
Ashley
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

J. Lynn Bailey made me realize I need more Romantic Suspense in my life…or in my books, at least. I’d forgotten how much I love mixing two of my favorite genres into one. The pacing of this story was expertly done – every moment the story seemed to slow, there was another crumb of mystery added to the plot to keep me turning the pages as fast as possible. I didn’t really care about trying to figure “it” out as much as I simply enjoyed being along for the ride.
Coco.V
Sep 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/5/2018)!💝

Blurb:

For game warden Eli Young, life is simpler when he’s exploring the back roads of Maine. In the north woods, he doesn’t have to deal with town politics or his soon-to-
Talon
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
”Allow yourself the space and tears. Because, if we’re not done crying, we’re not done grieving.”

I just love stories like this. The small town feels, the vivid sceneries, and the little hometown feelings that you get from the personable characters within the book. Peony Red was an adorable, heartfelt, and mystery filled book that had me turning the pages as quickly as I could.

I liked the hints of mystery that J Lynn Bailey placed within the story. It wasn’t just about two people falling in lo
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
Oh this book! This book is one of those that you can't help but love, not only because of the characters, but the deeper message within their story. Do you believe in fate? I am a true believer in signs, fate, everything happens for a reason, and all of that. The story-telling of Alexandra (Alex) and Eli's relationship will have you questioning fate and true love.

One thing that I absolutely loved about this book was the setting in Maine, and the fact that Eli is a Game Warden. I actually looked
Libby Charlton
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Peony Red was a sweet well written love story with a suspenseful twist that I wasn’t expecting. I instantly fell in love with Alex and Eli, but it was the bits of mystery that had me turning the pages just as quickly as I could. Throughout most of the book I was a little confused how the Prologue fit with the story, nothing was adding up for me – but wait for it folks it will all make sense soon enough, and might even blow your mind a little!

Peony Red was the type of book I couldn’t read fast e
Amanda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not a huge fan of suspense with a dash of romance, BUT I am a fan of romance with a dash of suspense. Does that make sense? I hope so because that is exactly what I got with Peony Red.

Throughout Alex and Eli's story you'll experience a little mystery, fate, and the hardships of starting over. All these emotions are set in a quaint small town, with supporting characters that feel like family, and a seriously swoon-worth game warden. Peony Red was my first from J Lynn Baily and certainly won'
Besties Books   & Sunshine
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
J. Lynn Bailey I just want to say this was one great book. Your writing is just phenomenal. This was my first J. Lynn Bailey book and it sure won’t be my last. Peony Red takes place in Granite Harbor, Maine. Alex is an author who has been through a terrible tragedy and has shut the world off. Alex receives a postcard to visit Granite Harbor, Maine from an unknown man. Alex’s Mom tells her to go and visit and see what it’s all about that it may help her open up to the world again. While in Maine ...more
Patrica
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It has a little of everything- love, suspense, sensuality, grief, and family. I have read all three of J. Lynn Bailey’s books and Peony Red is my favorite so far. I definitely recommend this book. It is a good read and will keep your interest.
Raelene LeBlanc
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! A steamy, beautiful love story that I couldn’t put down!!
Tera
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where in the world did J. Lynn Bailey come from? I'm going to be completely honest here and tell you that her cover of Standing Sideways is what drew me in. Then I read Standing Sideways, and I knew I needed more. Then she revealed the cover of Peony Red... Ladies, just look at that cover. It's gorgeous! The sad part is, there are some AMAZING covers out there, but the story inside is just "meh." The good news is, this isn't one of those books... the inside of Peony Red is just a beautiful as it ...more
Sandra Macias
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this book in one day it was so good!!! Loved it like all the lettuce in the world!
Kacy (The Fettered Matriarch)
Books like Peony Red make this homebody want to travel. I fell in love with Granite Harbor, Maine, the quaint little town this story takes place in. I can still picture it in my head. The colors of the forests, the main street, the pie shop, the soft snowflakes falling from the sky. J. Lynn Bailey did such a great job of giving the perfect amount of details to make me feel like I was actually there in the frigid weather of the North East. It’s almost like Granite Harbor was a side character in t ...more
Konny
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg, what a ride ! I want to live in this book ! Peony Red by J. Lynn Bailey is a raw and gritty read, this book gutted me and I loved every word.

Alex Fisher is a 32 year old writer, widowed and cant stop mourning. Shes stuck and cant move on. When she gets an invitation to Granite Falls her lifes about to change, only she doesnt knows it - yet. Alex is reluctant to go, but karma is screaming at her.
Eli Young is a game warden. He loves his simple and quiet life in Granite Harbor. Hes a good man
Laurel A Matthews
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No matter where you are in life, you will love the storyline of this well-rounded novel by J. Lynn Bailey. This is the third book I’ve read by this author, and although I LOVED her first two books, this one was by far my favorite. It had the perfect mix of romance, mystery, and a refreshing view of a second chance at love. The setting, characters and the captivating story line made it so I could not put Peony Red down. When I find a good book, I try to limit my daily reading time so I can savor ...more
Mandie Foxylutely
This was an involving romance with a twist of suspense.

Alex and Eli were engaging characters that made you all the more eager to find out all about them and what the mystery was surrounding their developing relationship.

The prologue however did confuse me and I spent the first part of the book trying to piece together how this fit with the storyline. It did therefore detract from my full concentration on the story so I kept going back and re-reading parts. The characters as I say were engaging
Alana Pucci
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really cannot express how much I loved this new book by J. Lynn Bailey! While it was truly chilling the overall message was inspirational and motivating. Alex found herself again. She took a chance that most of us only let flutter through our thoughts every now and then. I was captivated from the start and laughed and cried with these characters until the end. Now I can hardly wait for the next book in the series. I will not miss a single release by J. L. Bailey!!
Hi'D's Book Hub
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peony Red is a second chance romance set in Granite Harbor, Maine, and the first in the Granite Harbor series. I was seriously hooked within the first few pages and lucky enough to be part of the beta process. This story definitely has all the feels! LOVE, suspense, grief, romance and a twist you wont see coming! I can’t wait for you all to get your hot little hands on it and fall in love with Alex and Eli!
JennC
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve read 2 books by J Lynn Bailey. While I liked both, this one was my favorite so far. I am a sucker for a sensitive, protective man. Eli fits that bill for sure. I was surprised by the turn of events towards the end, and it kept me wanting to read more. In the beginning I got slightly confused as to who was talking because it’s written in 2 voices, but I got used to it. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Gladys Avilés
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection!

“We all have our own stories—perhaps some baggage that comes along with it, too—but the one thing we can all rely on will always be one another. I’ve learned that here, in Granite Harbor.”
This book was perfection. All the feels, it has everything I want to find in a story!
It was amazing! And I can’t wait for book 2!
Messy Bun Book Blog
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is such an amazing story! I am not usually a fan of slow burn romances, but this one is amazing! Peony Red is so sweet with a twist I did't see coming, but loved! FIVE STARS!!
Lupita Martinez-Magdaleno
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! I love Alex and Eli’s love story! This book had me grinning, laughing, crying, and steaming up. Eli is definitely my new book boyfriend.
Nicole
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

This was a really entertaining story. I really enjoyed the dynamic between Alex and Eli. They were a perfect blend of cute and sexy. Their story was full of humor and a bit of sadness. My one drawback in this story was the word "middle." If your going to brave enough to use the f-word during a passionate scene, then you can call private parts what they are...especially when writing in 1st person POV. Other than that, a totally enjoyable read!
Melanie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018

I really did like this story. I liked the idea of fate and second chances and I enjoyed the world created here. The only thing that kept it from 4 stars were a few issues I had with the insta-love, and then the not talking/listening to explanations when necessary.

I will definitely continue and read the next book in the series.
Lauren
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 this series is really enjoyable. the characters are relatable and the setting is picture perfect. I didnt know anything about game wardens; it was interesting.
Jasmine
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Unfortunately, while there was nothing wrong with this book, it just wasn't the one for me. Peony Red did have a lot of different elements I usually like, but because I never connected with the characters I also never got emotionally invested in the story.
Siddhi Nigam
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peony Red is the first book in the Granite Harbor series! It is a romantic suspense novel about a writer and a game warden. The story and writing was beautiful! The character and suspense buildup was amazing and the reveal was great as well. I love romantic suspense novels and this one would definitely be one of my top reads! Can't wait to read Violet Ugly next!♥

P.S. The cover is just perfect! I'm so much in love with it♥♥♥
  • Inked (Sailor's Grave #2)
  • Billionaire SEAL
  • Deadly Noel (Strong Women, Extraordinary Situations #5)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • The Peppercorn Project
  • Boston
  • Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)
  • How to Deal (All Cocks #3)
  • Something's Gotta Give (Tempered Steel #3)
  • Wayward Secret (Wayward Saints MC, #7)
  • Jason (The Single Daddy Club #2)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Targeted: A Christian Romantic Suspense Boxed Set Book Bundle Collection
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • The Protector (Games People Play #4)
  • The Burnside Mystery Series, Boxed Set #1 (Books 1-3)
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • Jeri Howard Anthology: Books 1-9 (The Jeri Howard Series)
J. Lynn is a bestselling author, mother, and wife. When she isn't running between soccer practices, working on another school fundraiser, or chasing a new puppy, you can probably find her holed up in her writing room feverishly working on her next novel.

Granite Harbor (4 books)