Start by marking “Promise Me Nothing” as Want to Read:
Promise Me Nothing

Promise Me Nothing

Wyatt Calloway isn’t a good idea.

I didn’t pick up my life and move to this urban beach city to spend my days swooning over a rich bad boy who rides a motorcycle and seems to always get his way with just a flash of that smile.

I’m here to get to know the brother I’ve never met. Try and create a family when I’ve gone so long without one. Maybe find a place where I belong.

But
Published June 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Me Nothing

Amanda
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Promise Me Nothing the newest release by Jillian Liota brings us the emotional story of a woman trying to find where she belongs.

Hannah Morrison has lost the only family she knew and had it far from easy living in the foster cafe system. She has survived sexual abuse and homelessness but when she discovers she has a half brother she sees it as a sign that its time for a change and maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Moving from Arizona t
Amara
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, na-ya
So many secrets!!! This series is going to be full of them, I can tell already. I need book two. I need to know what the hell is going on in this town! Wyatt's dad is a dickhole, and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

The author had me hooked with the phrase "new girl in town". I'm a sucker for a new girl (or guy) coming in town. I can't help it. :D However, this book was nothing like I expected from your usual "new girl in town" meets rich dude. There's none of that "My town, my rules" stuff
Gwen
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from the author and I am happy to give my honest review.

I ran across Jillian Liota's works by accident and have loved everything I've read from her. I was a little hesitant to accept an ARC for Promise Me Nothing, not because I don't love her but because New Adult isn't my cup of tea. But I downloaded it and then stayed up until 2:30am to finish this book. It was good and held my interest and all of the things I want/need from a book.

Hannah is an orphan with no living family. S
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hannah was alone, she had lost all of her family or so she thought. One little notification forever changed her life, but was it for the best? Will she be able to make a new life for herself?

This story had secrets galore and was a tangled web.

Hannah has experienced a lot in her young life. Given her experiences her fears are normal and felt real. She didn’t feel like she belonged anywhere. She was always seen as the outcast no matter where she was living.

Wyatt, I still don’t know how I feel abo
Bookphenomena (Micky)
Hello new series by Jillian Liota, I'm happy to see you! Hermosa Beach #1 was a contemporary romance with something of a NA feel. By the end, I still wasn't sure which genre I would categorise it as, but that didn't really bother me because I enjoyed the vibe of the story and characters.

PROMISE ME NOTHING was unexpected in a few ways. Firstly, the lead protagonist, Hannah is a closed-off young woman with a rough life in her past. She was flung into the lifestyle of the rich and occasionally famo
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very first sentence, I was enthralled by “Promise Me Nothing.” It drew me in and never let go. Hannah is super relatable. She is quiet, somewhat awkward and easily embarrassed, and a bit of a mess. She is also incredibly thoughtful and kind. I adored her immediately. And Wyatt! Motorcycles are totally my weakness, so of course I was a fan. The connection between the two of them was strong from the beginning. And it only gets hotter as things progress. Like, on fire! I mean, talk about s ...more
Bookish_Sally
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading a book by this author. Beautiful cover, beautiful characters and a beautiful story. I so wish Ivy a beautiful outcome. I’m so happy for Hannah and her HEA... I’d love to see an even further out Epilogue of her HEA.
The story had a perfect balance of intrigue and emotion. I’m excited to read other books by this author.
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE GUIDE TO ROMANCE NOVELS REVIEW

Not my first review, Jillian was a very new to me author last year & quickly became one I couldn't resist to read! This is more a young and fresh read for me (if you knew me you'd understand) but I gave this a try!

The book started off a little slow for me, but it picked right back up into chapter 2. Hannah is a 21 year old lost soul, lost because she isn't really sure what, where, who or when! She is back home for the summer and searching....This is a little
Steven
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall, this was one of my favorite books I’ve read so far this year. After the first few chapters, I couldn’t put the book down. The author did a great job providing readers the ability to relate to the characters. Highly recommend!
Thuy Taylor
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The most important, the strongest, and the one with the most power. You are capable of anything"

"You are everything I've never known to hope for in this life."

"Stay so I can show you what it feels like when someone promises you everything. And follows through."

This was my first book from this author and I absolutely loved it.

Hannah has had a rough life after the most important people in her world is gone. This girl, I want to just wrap her up, hug her and keep her safe from everyone. She doesn'
Lucy
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

I loved this book by new-to-me author Jillian Liota!

Hannah has no living family and after ageing out of the foster care system she's been living with a friend until she discovers that she has a half-brother she never knew of. Her brother, Lucas, offers for her to come and stay with him for the summer but she doesn't realise just how rich Lucas and his friends are. She feels like she doesn't belong in their world, yet she tries her best to fit in with the others spending time with Luc
Emma Stewart
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a page turner from page one...I literally couldn’t put it down and stayed up way too late reading it all in one night! I love the tension between the two main characters, Hannah and Wyatt and was dying to know all the secrets and mysteries in the book. Strong family and foster themes that show no one’s family is perfect, as well as that sometimes the ones closest to us hurt us the deepest. Heartbreaking, captivating, suspenseful, and oh so satisfying, this book is a summer must rea ...more
Stephanie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was full of secrets and I loved it! Hannah moved across the country to find the only family she had left. If the book was just about that I would have loved it, but Romance was added to it and it was amazing! Hannah has her own struggles, stemming from her losses. And while there may have been a few bumps, she didn’t let her past stop her from living happily. This book was great. I can’t wait for Lucas’ book!
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
"She's pure. A beautiful, enchanting ray of sunshine breaking through the cracks of the tangled web that we live in. And like a moth, I am drawn to her, unable to see anything but that light."

Sweet with a whole lot of story!! The town of Hermosa Beach is decadent and affluent and terrifying for Hannah, who grew up in Foster Care and has seen more tragedy than most. Struggling to find her place, a chance meeting that grows in an achingly slow burn that didn't set fire to my kindle until about 60%
Chelsea Byard
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. **

Wyatt and Hannah have so much tension from the start. Secrets make that tension even worse! This story was such a page turner with the suspense and mystery behind their relationship! I loved Hannah’s character!

Little Ivy is a doll! I love the inclusion of a Deaf character! The sign language was displayed perfectly in the book!

This book is filled with drama! Hannah does a great job as staying true to herself. She’s an inspiration to us af
Erica
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much more than a romance. It started off a bit slow but by the second chapter, I was hooked. This story had depth that I wasn't expecting going into it, leaving me wondering what was going to happen next. Such a great read and with this being my first book by this author, I will definitely check out her other books!
Tara Baker
** Review to come **
Readonreader
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was such a great read it had me emotional. Poor Hannah has had a rough life and a lot thrown her way but she always found ways to endure. She finds out she has a brother in California and he wants her to come out for the summer and get to know him. After all she’s been through she’s skeptical of everyone and always wondering when the other shoe will drop. She takes charge and she finds her way again while getting to know her brother, she finds a job, she makes friends, and she meet ...more
Jay
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderfully written, angsty, slow burn romance!

The characters are so well written, and we get a deep feel of who they are and what they have been through, and are still going through. I definitely formed a connection with these characters and I enjoyed their journey.

Hannah and Wyatt have a strong connection from the start, and I loved seeing that grow. They have been through so much, and I loved their growth individually.

There are secrets, a strong connection between Hannah and Wyatt, and fi
Kyrie
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC Review.

I really liked this book. It was a little slow at first. I wasn't sure where exactly sure where things were going. I did like some of the story lines. It was sad, swoon worthy, and frustrating. I would recommend it for people!
Jana
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5

I really liked this book! This is my second by Liota and she does a great job! This book was emotional, touching, and real. I connected well with both Hannah and Wyatt.
I loved Hannah’s strength and resiliency. She had depended on herself for so long, and I admired her.
Wyatt was sweet and I loved how he loved. I wish I could have learned more about Wyatt’s life in Hermosa, but it did not take away from the book.
I loved getting to know everybody in Hermosa Beach and I look forward to reading a
Rachel Marie
Jun 17, 2019
C C
Jun 01, 2019
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Jun 16, 2019
Jillian Liota
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lindsey
Josie Beckmann
Jun 06, 2019
Carol | tilthelastpage
Jun 06, 2019
Jillian has been writing since she was old enough to hold a crayon. Her very first book, about a mermaid, was printed into hardback when she was just 5 years old. (Thanks for paying for that, mom and dad!)

Over the years she continued to write fiction, primarily based on her own life. She went to college, then grad school, and began working in university settings in the U.S and New Zealand.

In her m