Start by marking “The Proposition (Nights Series #6)” as Want to Read:
The Proposition (Nights Series #6)

The Proposition

(Nights Series #6)

They call me the Charmer. My best friend Wade tells me it’s because I’m suave and mysterious. But he doesn’t know my secret. The one I’ve kept hidden from him for twelve years. The one I will never reveal to him — Rhys

They call me The Brute. Probably because of my physique. And, let’s face it, because I’m a total dick at times. So Rhys likes to tell me

Published June 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposition

Start your review of The Proposition (Nights Series #6)
Danielle's
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The proposition is a hot as hell Male/Male short story romance. Business partners Wade and Rhys are successful together. The two friends think they know each other well, but one night a year ago changes everything. Now there is a strange friction between them and the sexual tension is steaming. One knows he’s gay the other can’t stop thinking about his best friend. When the truth comes out their relationship will never be the same again.

This read is sassy, passionate and witty. It has fire in i
Geri Reads
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a book I picked up based solely on the blurb. One, I love a good friends-to-lovers story, and this promised me one. Two, I enjoy reading m/m. I don't read a lot of it and I'm picky but then again, the blurb really got me excited.

Wade and Rhys are best friends and business partners. Rhys however has been in love with Wade for a long time. The problem he doesn't know about his feelings nor does he know that Rhys is gay. This was a great set up that got me really excited. Unfortunately, t
Garden Of REden
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Amy's Review

The sizzling sexual tension and hotter than hot sex scenes in this book were amazing.  I don't know what it is about an M/M book that just does it for me but, this one nailed it.  I eagerly devoured every word as Wade and Rhys discovered one another's bodies.  It was some of the sexiest scenes I have ever read.

The problem is beyond that the book just didn't really do it for me.  The majority of the book was based on what went on between the sheets.  I needed more of a storyline than
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018-reads, sonal
Full review can be found HERE --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided for a voluntary honest review.* ~Sonal
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
-Megan, 4.5 stars

The Proposition by A.M. Salinger was a scorching & wildly entertaining read. It tells the beautiful story of unrequited love between two best friends, Rhys Damon & Wade Tucker.

Rhys has been in love with his best friend since they became college roommates, years ago. Wade has always been a little intrigued by his secretive best friend & business partner.

So what happens when Wade unintentionally finds out that Rhys is attracted him? What happens when Wade realizes he’s checking o
Polly
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
GFY is one of my favorite tropes ever. When it's best friends turned lovers? Even better.

Going in, I hadn't read any other books in this series. In fact I've never read this author. The blurb sent to the blog email roped me in though.

This book was on the shorter side, and in fact that's one of the things I didn't like about it. I wish we could have gotten more length that came with more depth of the characters.

Overall though I really liked the steam, humor, and the side characters that left m
Cee Brown
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*'¨✫)
¸.•'¸.•*'¨)✯ ¸.•*¨)
✮ (¸.•'✶ (¸.•`Enjoyable

The prologue set off steam... "I feel like I'm going out of my mind. I have never been filled with such desire before. The desire to take. To brand. To tame. To see him submit to me. But also to cherish. To protect. To revere...One thing I'm certain of. I will never let him go. He is my world. And I am his gravity." And ended with a blast... "Because I love you, Rhys. It doesn't matter that you're a man. My soul chose you a long time ago...He
Mari  Cardenas
4.5 Stars!

The Proposition is book 6 in the Nights series and while it can be read as a standalone, some of the characters from the other books have cameos in this one. Plus, really, if you enjoy Erotica, these books are scorching hot and you're missing out if you haven't read them.

I loved Rhys. He'd been in love with Wade for 12 of the 16 years they've been friends, always certain that he didn't have a chance, at least until the moment when Wade finds him out on a semi-date with a guy that could
Mandie Foxylutely
This is the sixth book in the Nights series but can be read as a standalone as I had not read any other books in this series. It is also a novella.

Wade and Rhys have been best friends for over twelve years but Wade did not know that Rhys was gay or had the hots for him until he finds Rhys getting off shouting Wade’s name. Fast forward one year and the tension that has abounded since that night is finally out in the air.

This was a super hot and steamy read but lacked the angst I feel two best f
Amanda
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The much awaited Wade and Rhys's story is finally here! I had been very eager to read about them ever since they grace the pages earlier in the series. We have no idea what went on between these two business partner, but the sexual tension is undeniable. I'm looking forward to a very heated hate sex.

The heat factor in this book was cranked up at level 10 from the beginning. Like seriously, no breathing room whatsoever before they went at it again and again. The marathon sex is just crazy good. I
Pamella Lee
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
The Proposition is hot and sexy and emotional in a way that I was not expecting. Rhys and Wade's story is truly a friends-to-lovers tale. The beauty of the story and in A.M. Salinger's writing is that I really felt all of Rhys' trepidation and hope and longing, as well as Wade's desperation and intensity. This was my first book by the author and even though it read great as a standalone, I was so impressed and enthralled by her words that I want to read the rest of the series. 4 out of 5 wine gl ...more
Suey_Library
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy through a blog tour hosted by InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Well shimmer my timbers. Is it just me or is it wrong to find M/M Romance even hotter than the traditional romances? I mean seriously.... HOT DAMN. I think it is hot in here; is it hot to you?

Whew.

Yes my comrades, I enjoyed The Proposition on so many levels.

Rhys. Oh my lanta - Rhys is just divine. He is very much hidden from Wade on his sexuality but is still very open with himsel
Jody
Readers looking for a bit of afternoon delight will get just that with this m/m-fueled friends to lovers romance. Teeming with eroticism readers will be left parched and blushing, courtesy of the numerous erotic encounters driving this story to its satisfying conclusion, while enjoying the friendship between two men caught off guard by new and unexpected feelings. From the first page to the last readers will be caught up in a sensual haze that makes this an enjoyable addition to the Nights serie ...more
Amanda
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

[I recieved an digital copy for an honest review]

Let me start by saying I had no idea this was a novella, I must have totally missed it while residing the synopsis lol even after reading it, it didn't feel like the novellas I have typically read. Was it a super fast read? Yes. Did it feel like it was missing parts or needed more? No. I felt it was perfect for Rhys and Wade's story, and that is coming from someones whose never read any of the other books of the series and has never met these char

Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

We met Rhys and Wade in book 3, but I would say you don't need to read the other books before this one. You don't NEED to, but you'd get a better enjoyment of these if you did. And this is book 6, so get a-reading!

Wade and Rhys are partners in the firm that Gabe works for. They've know each other some 16 years. Rhys has lusted over and loved Wade for 12 of those years, and Wade has lusted over Rhys for just 12 months. 1
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
The Proposition is the sixth in the Nights series by the talented A.M. Salinger. The Proposition can be read as a standalone, because I did, but I wish I could have read the series from the beginning! Rhys and Wade have been best friends and business partners for years. Rhys has been harboring feelings for Wade for twelve long years. Wade is a ladies man and never thought about his best friend in a sexual way until one night he sees him alone and in the throes of passion. Wade can't get that sig ...more
Pam
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Whoa, it's getting hot in here. The angst and super smoking sex in this novella will get you all fired up when finished. Although this is book 6 in the series, I was able to jump in and read as a standalone and not feel completely in the dark.

Rhys and Wade have been friends for over 12 years. Now business partners living in Tokyo. Over the past year the relationship between the friends has been a little off, some strange tension that can't really be explained. Well that is to anyone looking in,
Lynn Reynolds
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rhys Damon is not happy about the turn of events. Wade Tucker is the man in charge. Expect some graphic conversations. Maybe you don’t like books that are very explicit, than you may need to rethink whether you want to read or not. I was impressed with how our author treated her characters – each scene felt very real. If I had one downside it would be the way Wade didn’t seem to be conflicted about the change in their relationship - especially if you look at his past. Even though these are two b ...more
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Dec 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Number six in this short novella series. This time we have Wade and Rhys. Unlike the previous stories, Wade and Rhys have been friends for a long time but until recently Wade has been unaware that Rhys is gay and he himself has been straight. After walking in on Rhys one day, Wade has started to develop some kind of feelings for his friend and things have become very strained between them.
I do enjoy friends to lovers stories, in this one though Wade seemed a lot keener than Rhys which I wasn't
Catty Jane
****3.5 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

I found this book very steamy, sexy and fanned myself the whole entire book. In the beginning of the book, I was all in, found myself ensconced in the story and really enjoyed every paged. But then I started losing the story of two best friends who found something amazing in each other, and was just getting this incredibly hot as sin sex scenes. Don’t get me wrong….sex done right is amazing sex, but I missed what I was getting in the beginni
Sonal
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Since this was my first ever A.M. Salinger read, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it. Not many people can do justice to M/M but the author did so good.

Wade and Rhys have been friends for years. While Rhys knows everything about Wade, he hides the most important part of his identity from his best friend. That's not the only secret he's keeping. Rhys has been in love with Wade and has spent every moment making sure Wade never finds out. But what if Wade already knows? What's Rhys goi
Tina
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella was just one scorchingly hot read! From the prologue to the end, you'll be consumed by the lust set off when these 2 best friends finally take the jump and get down and dirty.

Rhys has been pining over his straight best friend for 12 years! To cover his feelings and tge fact that he is even gay, he spends his nights with random men to scratch the itch. He has no idea that Wade is hiding his own secret!

When Wade stumbles drunk into Rhys' apartment one night he sees Rhys masturbating
Sharrice
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am never one to pass on an M/M romance. Seriously, when I see a new M/M story I nab it up right away. Plus an M/M book where friends turn to lovers? Yeah, I HAD to grab this book ASAP.

The Proposition starts off with Wade coming over to Rhy's house drunk and discovering his best friend is not only gay but also into him. A year goes by after this discovery and Wade is struggling with anger and hurt that his friend didn't tell him.

When Wade follows Rhy on a date he becomes super jealous and tells
R
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
For years Rhys has watched Wade have meaningless encounters with numerous women. Telling himself he will never do anything about the want he feels for Rhys. He doesn't know that Wade accidentally saw him one night pleasuring himself and yelling Wade’s name as he finished. Wade, not really understanding his jealousy, follows Rhys one night and discovers him with another man. Enraged, he sends the other man on his way and follows Rhys back to his apartment. He's totally pissed when Rhys tells him ...more
Jenn
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Proposition by AM Salinger is such a steamy read!

When I first started reading this book, I was unsure if I was going to fall in love with it. The characters did not grab my attention on the first page, and the storyline seemed overdone. But... you know what? I kept reading. I finished those first few pages, and ended up devouring the rest of the book.

Rhys and Wade definitely take the steam and tension to the next level. Their hotness both individually and for each other is something of anot
Ashley Jasper
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am a sucker for a good MM romance and hadn't read one for a while so I figured I'd give this new to me author a shot. I liked the premise, the blurb had me thinking heck yea this is gonna be awesome and hot.

Well the hot part held true. There was a lot of sex. A LOT. But other than that, Rhys and Wade's story fell a little short. Maybe it was because I hadn't read the other books in the series and I was missing something but I don't think that's it.

The Proposition had the potential to be so muc
Caroline
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Proposition was an enjoyable short read. A friends to lovers story it was full of chemistry, hot scenes and angst. The author writes a very sexy scene, which was just what I was in the mood for.

Rhys and Wade have been best friends for sixteen years but Rhys has been hiding his true self for the whole time. He has always worried that Wade would reject him if he showed his true self. Nothing could of prepared him for how wrong he is.
Stephanie Bird
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delicious

I love a good MM romance and this one doesn't disappoint!
Wade has a life altering reaction to his bestie Rhys and it takes him feeling jealous to realise what it all means.
Poor Rhys has had a one sided love affair for years and can't come to terms when it becomes a reality.
The sex is this book is HOT! I want that kind of intenseness in my life!
As with all relationships they have ups and downs but it is a HEA story.
Rosie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW JUST WOW

What an awesome book!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what I was expecting but a really good book. I couldn't put it down. This is a remarkable series. Well written, packed full of feelings, emotions and heat. I do hope she keeps this series going. I'm not ready to let go of these characters yet.

• Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Dane
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Unbroken (The Protectors #12)
  • Blaze (Unbreakable Bonds, #5)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Rebound  (Fake Boyfriend, #2.5)
  • As I Am
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
Ava Marie Salinger is the pen name of an Amazon bestselling author who has always wanted to write scorching hot contemporary and erotic romance. In 2018, she finally decided to venture to the steamy side. NIGHTS is the first of several sizzling series featuring sweet, sexy men and women with dark pasts and a whole lot of love to give to the ones brave enough to fight for their hearts. When she’s n ...more

Nights Series (9 books)
  • One Night (Nights Series, #1)
  • The Escort (Nights Series #2)
  • Tokyo Heat (Nights Series #3)
  • Sweet Obsession (Nights Series #4)
  • Sweet Possession (Nights Series, #5)
  • Undisclosed (Nights #7)
  • Hush (Nights #8)