Start by marking “Edge of Retribution (Edge #1)” as Want to Read:
Edge of Retribution (Edge #1)

Edge of Retribution

(Edge #1)

Landing my dream job has me eagerly looking toward the future. But when I see Nash Garrison after six long years, my world is thrown completely off its axis.

He was my only friend and confidant during the worst days of my life, and I fell hopelessly in love with him. No eighteen year old girl could resist his protective nature and charming grin. I was no exception.

Now,
Published May 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Retribution

Jacob Chance
Apr 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A romantic thriller standalone releasing May 10, 2018. Get ready to be on the edge of your seat.

Escape into a Booksite
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3.5-4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

The Edge of Retribution was a fast and kind of intense read. The way the book starts with Zoe's situation and the horrible events, is certainly a page turner and makes you want to know the story.

Zoe is a strong and determined main character and I liked watching her develop. Nash is an interesting one, but a little intense a little too fast in some parts for me.

The last quarter of the story really ramps up and has some things
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This is my 5th Jacob Chance novel and it’s by far my favorite! There’s a huge mix of everything in this book; humor, angst, second chances and suspense! Omg the suspense is amazing! I love a good thriller and this book had me trying to put the pieces together like Sherlock Holmes!

From the start Jacob just took off with this book! I was hooked after page one and just consumed this amazing story as fast as I could! If you haven’t read a Jacob Chance novel yet I suggest you start here!!
Shauna Stevenson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Endlessly Reading book blog.

This is not the kind of story we are used to seeing from Jacob Chance. It really shows his versatility as a writer. It is gritty, edgy, and peppered with heart-pounding action. I have been eagerly awaiting this book ever since it was announced, and I was not disappointed. From the very first chapter, I was immersed in the action.

Zoe Thomas is only 18 when her parents are murdered. Under the protection of the FBI, Zoe meets Nash Garrison, an agen
Brenda Travers
This Book Is a Must Read

I first read Jacob Chance in July 2016 with his Debut book Quake. I have followed his work since that point and love each time he releases a new book. His writing with each book just keeps getting better and better and his characters and Storylines and so enjoyable and quite often entertaining.

Edge Of Retribution is Brilliant, it is a glimpse into a different side of Jacob Chance’s writing and not what you would traditionally expect. Having said that though I can’t wait
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Since the day Zoe Thomas watched her parents be murdered, her life was no longer her own. Continually on the move from one safe house to another, the only refuge she felt safe was when Nash Garrison was by her side. Sent by the FBI to protect her at all costs, he was her hero and that should have been the extent of it.

Ten years her senior Nash knew it was wrong to feel anything for the girl who recently lost her parents and basically her entire life. Once she testifies against the men who murder
Rock Hard Romance
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Right from the start of this story,I was hooked!
18 year old Zoe,the daughter of two FBI Agents,is witness to her parents murder,manages to escape before facing the same fate,and as a result is put into a safe house,with agents protecting her until the trial where she is to testify.One of the Agents is Nash Garrison,10 years her senior,as the days in each other's company go on,a mutual attraction is there,with lines getting slightly blurred yet not going too far...Fast forward to 6 years later,wi
Barbara
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I must say there is nothing quite like a Jacob Chance suspenseful romance. Especially curled up on the couch with your feet up. Ok That last part May of just been a personally preference but it’s my way of saying I’ve read a great book. One you can easily get lost in and Edge of Retribution is just such a book. It will keep you engrossed in the storyline and hoping for a happy ending as you turn the pages.

The author has given us a plot that easily flows as it takes you on Zoe and Nash’s journey
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: romaine
Zoe is a strong woman who had to grow up fast after witnessing her parents, undercover FBI agents, being murdered by the hands of one of the Popov Russian crime organization goons. She is now being protected by FBI agents, one of which she feels instant chemistry to, until the trial.

Nash is a alpha FBI agent that will do anything to protect Zoe. Even if it costs him his life. Six years ago he walked away from Zoe so she could move on with her life. An older man and a young woman. Now they both w
SHARING LOVE FOR BOOKS
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is something completely different to anything I've ever read by Jacob Chance. I was on the egde of my seat eagerly waiting to see what was going to happen next. Once I started I wasn't able to put this book down until I had devoured it.
Zoe is one of the strongest, badass female characters I've ever had the pleasure of reading. With the things that she had witnessed it would of been easy for her to become a weak shell of a person, but Jacob made her so strong, I guess you could say an
Brittani
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know I say it every time Jacob publishes a new book, “this is my favorite book of his”. But this, hands down, is my favorite book and his best writing to date. It is an action-packed romance that keeps you at the edge of your seat and has you anticipating whats to come on the next page. If you like strong minded heroines that fight for what they want and swoon worthy heroes that protect fiercely and love even harder, then this is a book you need to ONE CLICK! In addition to loving Zoe and Nash ...more
Keri Loves Books
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! My favorite release by this author to date! Edge of Retribution did not disappoint!

Edge of you seat!
Page-turner!
Pulse-pounding action!

I loved this story.
Daughter of two FBI agents, Zoe is only eighteen, but mature beyond her years. That will serve her well after tragedy strikes.

Nash is also part of the FBI, tasked with helping to keep Zoe safe. Lines blur between protector and the protected.

This story was action-packed from start to finish. Lots of surprises I never saw coming. You will ge
Monica Randau
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story by Jacob Chance, one of his best yet. He has really developed wonderfully as a writer and has not yet disappointed me with his creative mind. Mr. Chance has stepped out of the box and out of his norm on what he normally writes and created a brilliant, sit on the edge of your seat Romantic Thriller. He has really proven his versatility as a writer with Edge of Retribution. The storyline is very well written with strong, well-developed characters with a sizzling chemistry tha ...more
Meghann Martin
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Outstanding! I love all of Jacob’s books but without a doubt, this is his best to date.

I love being excited about a book and going into it not know what to expect, or how to feel....Edge of Retribution has left me breathless with the best possible book hangover.

This is something different then what you are use to seeing from Jacob, If you are familiar with is work, but Nash and Zoe’s story is beyond anything expected, and completely amazing. It is full of thrill, suspense, action and roman
Alexa Rayne
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another amazing story by Jacob Chance! Edge of Retribution was an action-packed, intense journey that took Zoe and Nash on quite the thrill ride. Right from the start, the intensity, the feels, the emotions kept me at the edge of my seat, with the need to know what happens next. I was certainly not disappointed and fell in love with with Nash and Zoe. Loved the chemistry between them and how their relationship developed! Can I just say that love a girl who can fight and kick ass!? Zoe was quite ...more
Tre Talbot
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the very beginning I was hooked on this story, Zoe is one strong individual and I’m blown away by her actions. Nash is the kind of man you’d dream of having in your life, he is thoughtful and strong. This story is filled with everything from action, suspense and even romance blended so perfectly together you’ll never want to put your book down. This story had me gasping and holding my breath at times with the twists and turns I never saw coming. This story was written in such a detailed way ...more
Andrea
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I read a romantic thriller and I'm so glad I picked this one. Jacob Chance really nailed it with this story. I enjoyed this story so much!!
It's so intense it will keep you turning the page and the action will keep you on the edge of your seat. The characters are well written and the plot is so good it will stick with you long after you finish it. You must read this book! I highly recommend it.
Thuy Taylor
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Goodness......This book!!!! It had everything.....murder, suspense, love, action, sexiness, friendship, bad guys, good guys. I could easily see this as a movie. Zoe is such a strong, resilient woman. Nash, swoon......he protects whats his and who means the world to him. I love love love Nash!!!! The supporting characters were great. Get your hands on this book ASAP!!!! I could not put it down and was bummed at the end because I wanted more!!!! I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!!

booksta
Christie Marsh
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacob Chance continues to get better with each book he writes. The Edge of Retribution was out of his normal genre. I like a good romance thriller, it was fast and sexy; Zoe and Nash made a great team and I loved their story. Always looking forward to what Jacob will bring to the table.
melanie allen
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely love this book it’s my absolute favorite book now by Jacob Chance. A heartfelt and passionate story, Nash and Zoe have so much chemistry from the start. While reading this story the emotions I felt sadness, love, passion and happiness it also had me laughing. This is a book everyone must read. With a Strong alpha man protective loyal and loving while Zoe is a strong, compassionate determined and loving. Well done on another Amazing Book Jacob 5 Stars 10/10
Charmane Hackworth
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I think Nash and Zoe's story is the best Jacob has written. I loved his other books but this one had me hooked from page one. Parts of it had me in the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen. Definitely a one clicker
KFForever
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Donna Elsegood on behalf of KFF

Zoe Thomas is not the average eighteen-year-old girl one would expect as she’s been through more than most. The daughter of two FBI agents who are brutally murdered finds herself under the protection of the FBI. One of the agents who has been assigned to her is Nash Garrison and is older in years than her. A bond being around each other twenty-four seven is formed. Their attraction grows, but Nash can't cross the line; after all, it's his job
MM Laberge
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Edge of pure adrenaline

Hold your breath. Retribution is coming and it’s going to leave you breathless.

Because Jacob Chance has done it. Yes, he’s exceed all expectations with Edge of Retribution... but he also made this book, one of his best work to date. I didn’t think anything could surpass Delude in my heart but Jacob has proved me wrong.

From the beginning, he truly captures every bit of your attention, raises the adrenaline right from chapter one. Yep, chapter ONE. You’re ALL in and you g
nicandbooks
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romantic suspense, an older man, and a need for retribution

Jacob Chance is an author who I found recently and whose books I have absolutely loved, and Edge of Retribution is no different. Despite the fact that this is a complete 180 from his two previous sports-based, romantic comedies, Jacob manages to pull off a fantastic story with a gripping plot line and two characters I really enjoyed.

Zoe and Nash share a history because he was involved in her protection after the brutal deaths of her pare
Nikki Reeves
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was amazing. I literally read it in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down because I was so consumed with Nash and Zoe. This is one of those books that kept me guessing until the very end, because its action packed from start to finish.

Right from the very beginning, I was like woah did that really just happen! Talk about getting sucked in right from the first page. Although Zoe has been to hell and back literally, she is still such a strong sassy bad a chick. Zoe witnesses something no
Lynn
Aug 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Part 1- Chapter 1- 9 Part 2 - Chapter 10- 28.... Epilogue.
Zoe & Nash' s point of view.

The beginning starts off with Zoe losing both her parents. Brutally murdered right in front of her. It should have been emotional but it wasn't.
It was more of a forced set up to bring Nash into Zoe's life. For someone to lose both there parents and see such a gruesome scene I would think it would of had more of an impact on Zoe then what it did.

*A loud burb unexpectedly erupts from my chest and I giggle
5 STARS

Oh where do I begin?
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Jacobs. I have been since his debut release, and now? Now I'm an even bigger fan, if that's possible. Romantic thrillers are my favorite genre, and even though this is Jacob's first true foray into this world, he knocked it out of the park!

The books start off fast and hard. There are some graphic moments, but those are needed to set the tone of the book. If you've read Jacob in the past, it might shock you a bit, but don't worry. His
Bibliophile  Chloe
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am embarrassed to admit that this is the first book by Jacob that I have read. I know, I know, let the public shaming commence! If I gauge his previous books to this one, you can bet your sweet a&& I will be going back and reading more!
There is so few male romance writers out there I have been lucky to have been able to read some fantastic works and Jacob is right up there with the best of them!
This story is about Zoe and Nash, when they first meet under horrible circumstances, you can
Angela DeMarco
Edge of Retribution by Jacob Chance shows his versatility as a writer. This is his first venture into writing dark.....what an incredible ride it was! I was on the edge of my seat from the first chapter to the last. It was action packed with so many twists and turns; you’ll never see coming. I had quite a few WTF moments! The supporting characters were all an added bonus to the story. Wait till you met Belfast, he’s one crazy ass dude that had me laughing so many times.

Zoe Thomas, the daughter
Liz
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Edge of Retribution by Jacob Chance is a romantic suspense story that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I have read every novel that this author has written and have seen him grow so much as an author. In Edge of Retribution we see a different side of him that we have gotten glimpses off in his previous works. I could not stop turning the pages!

I must say this is a book you need to read without any spoilers going in and just experience the story. Nash is a strong, protective and deter
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 8 Apr 16, 2018 02:54PM

• Ransom (Aces & Eights, #1)
  • The Other Blue Sky
  • The Highest Bidder
  • Celebrity (Politics of Love, #1)
  • Moments of Reckoning
  • Naz & Roz (Cross + Catherine #4)
  • Always Beautiful
  • Timber (Men at Work Series #2)
  • From a Distance
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Stealing Mercy
  • Farewell, my Loves
  • Daryk Hunter (Daryk World, #1)
  • Stranger Delight
  • Anonymous
  • First and Last
  • Little Miss Independent
  • One Call Away (Soulmates, #2)
Jacob Chance grew up in New England and still lives there today. He’s a martial artist, a football fan, a practical joker, and junk food lover.
An international best selling author of romantic suspense and sports romance, Jacob plans on writing many more stories.

Facebook :http://bit.ly/2kqak8Z
Instagram :https://tinyurl.com/y25tntfu
Twitter :https://tinyurl.com/y3xv84qt
Amazon :https://tinyurl.com/y2l

Edge (2 books)
  • Edge of Honor (Edge #2)