Start by marking “thedeadgirlinthevacantlot” as Want to Read:
thedeadgirlinthevacantlot

thedeadgirlinthevacantlot

Phoenix investigative reporter Joya Bonner knew nothing about the world of sex trafficking—or the ugly status her city held in this filthy underground. But then her 15 year-old honorary niece went missing in Phoenix. And a 13 year-old from her hometown in North Dakota disappeared. And there was that pitiful dead girl in the vacant lot. As Joya rushed in to help—naive, scar ...more
Published May 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about thedeadgirlinthevacantlot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about thedeadgirlinthevacantlot

Ashley
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, mystery
If you're not already familiar with the real-world issues of sex trafficking in the United States, you will certainly understand it a lot more after reading this book. "thedeadgirlinthevacantlot" takes place in Phoenix, Arizona - where I just so happen to live. In fact, the places referenced in this story are mere streets away from where I work every day. Personally, I am educated on this subject, and therefore, was not surprised by the information. But that doesn't make it any less heart wrench ...more
Samantha Turley
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Sometimes I get to a point where I feel bogged down in a certain genre and need a change. That is when a Mystery is always my go-to. I feel like they make me think and help get my mind off of things more than any other genre.
There is a great balance between the Suspense and Mystery. I found myself guessing the whole way through, and being wrong quite a bit.
The plot was fast paced and flowed smoothly and the characters were those who I really liked reading about. They were interesting and compell
Bailey Ember
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Superb writing from Jana Bommersbach and a action packed story. There were a lot of moving a parts to this one and I really liked the originality that Bommersbach brought.

This novel was very vivid in the descriptions, the writing really jumped off the pages and into my head. Suspense and Mystery laced throughout.

I felt like I got a solid understanding of the characters in the story. There was definitely a lot of action going on that will have readers flipping pages furiously.
Alice Wells
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Must-Read Book!

For the past 8 years I have done a lot of research on Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking, particularly in the Phoenix area. The author, Jana Bommersbach, has done a masterful job of creating a very powerful story based on real-world facts which she substantiates at the end of the book. I could not put this book down! I loved all of the references to Phoenix restaurants, places to visit, and notable people, etc.
Brigid Devney-rye
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a real page turner. It's heartbreaking and exposes a side of life that I knew little about. An absolute must read. All the better if you are from Phoenix, AZ as you will recognize the names and places but don't let that stop you from reading it if you are not local. This is happening everywhere.
C. Gonzales
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Jana Bommersbach manages to put to use imagery and detail to allow the reader to be swept away in the case. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Action packed with a lot of moving parts to it. Mysterious to the core.
Twists and turns paired with lighter moments leads to a novel that will keep the reader engaged and anticipating each event.
Michelle Anderson
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Getting what you deserve...and want

Jana gets both. You opened my eyes and broke my heart. Phoenicians will know and remember many of the places so aptly described. A must read.
Matt Devlin
Diane
Dec 17, 2018
Christina
Dec 23, 2018
One of the Grand Canyon State’s most acclaimed journalists and authors, Jana Bommersbach has been a fixture in Arizona media since the early 1970s, making an indelible mark in both broadcast and print journalism. Raised in a large extended family in North Dakota, she attended graduate school at the University of Michigan before moving to the Southwest in 1972. Named Arizona’s "Journalist of the Ye ...more