Start by marking “Truth or Dare” as Want to Read:
Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare

(Under the Mistletoe )

After a year of recovery, wounded war veteran Jonah Harrison comes home for Christmas. No longer the outgoing high school track star, he just wants to be left alone, away from well-meaning friends and neighbors. But when a blizzard strands him with Kami Jackson—the girl who once knew him best—he can’t hide anything from her, no matter how much he wants to. Kami has a ...more
Published May 8th 2018 by Stone Hall Books

To ask other readers questions about Truth or Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth or Dare

Start your review of Truth or Dare
Julie Carpenter
I love Christmas time! There are so many reasons why. But one of them is definitely all of the great stories of love and hope, redemption and healing that I get to read. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the great Christmas reads I've enjoyed the last couple weeks.

I listened to an audiobook of this one and it was a great way to enjoy another Christmas story while working on some projects. I laughed. I cried. And I smiled and sighed several times.

Jonah and Kami haven't seen each other in several
Katie W
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love closure. I read this in the TIMELESS ROMANCE: UNDER THE MISTLETOE collection, but Julie Coulter Bellon went back and added to the story and in my mind, it's now complete.

Jonah is physically wounded and Kami is emotionally damaged. My heart became invested when their two dogs brought them together again after years apart. Once best friends, the timing is now right for possibly more. The romance is very tender and although fast, this couple does have a past together, so it totally works.

I
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
I love this story! It's one of my favorite novellas to re-read. There's just something about how Jonah and Kami lift each other and have that foundation of friendship to build on. The chemistry is amazing, the banter is fun, and the overall theme of hope in adversity is one that leaves me with a smile on my face. I *love* that the author added more chapters for its release as a single title (originally it was published in A Timeless Romance Anthology: Under the Mistletoe Collection). It was so ...more
Julie
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This originally appeared as a short story in the Under the Mistletoe Collection, but I really wanted to go back and tell the rest of Jonah and Kami's story, so I did and here it is!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I first read this cute novella as part of a collection but here it is, updated with new content and standing on it's very own! :) This is a sweet story of a soldier recovering both physically and emotionally from a severe injury and the girl from high school that re-enters his life.

I loved how Jonah and Kami find that easy rhythm and camaraderie that they years before. Even though both have changed and grown, dealing with struggles of their own, the core of who they are and how they feel when
Kellie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jonah and Kami were best friends in high school, pretty much inseperable. In the six years since they've seen each other, their lives have changed drastically. Jonah has returned from Afghanistan as a wounded soldier and Kami is fighting battles of her own. However, their friendly dogs and a winter storm bring them together again and they each feel a little piece of home that they had been missing.

I thought this was a well written story about being true to who you are, even when plans don't turn
Vibliophile
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
[This is an expanded version of a story originally published in "Under the Mistletoe Collection" (A Timeless Romance Anthology Book 14)]

Jonah, a military veteran, is recovering from losing his foot & learning how to use a prosthesis. He's struggling with the loss, his self-consciousness, & some bitterness. When his old school friend, Kami, gets stranded with him at his parents' house during a blizzard, she manages to break thru the barricades he's put up around his heart (with a little
Misty Goan
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet insightful good clean friends to lovers romance. This well written storyline has a Christmas timeline where loving dogs and a winter storm reunites two past best friends together, finding more as they find together they are able to face past scars and struggles that they have faced with an overall theme of hope in adversity. A truly heartwarming story with fun banter, amazing chemistry, and overall love. The narration is beautifully done truly make you feel and see the emotions bringing ...more
Janene
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a short, heart warming romance that will leave you feeling happy when you finish. I love the concept of playing the Game Truth or Dare as part of the storyline. You'll have to read the book to find out how the game was used in the plot.

I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy sweet romances.
Heather Green
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this one a few years ago and felt like it ended too soon. Did the author add more story? It was more complete this time around. I liked it a lot more. I also liked how understanding Kami was. Their relationship was sweet, supportive, and strong. A quick, fun read. Clean and sweet.
Julie
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good story

This is a story of starting over & readjusting life's plan to a change. After the injury, he needed to figure out his new self & if he could find a new life purpose. This is an illustration of re-evaluating & then moving to a new way.
Ellen White
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jonah and Kami, a good story of their lives, the adjustments, disappointments and changes made. With the help of two dogs, they come together again. What both need is each other to love and heal.
The audio by Tristen Wright was an added enjoyment to the story.
Jenee
A tender, quick (novella), clean -"beach read"!
I borrowed this story through Kindle Unlimited, and wasn't expecting much of the author's writing skills... However, I find myself interested in reading more by Ms. Bellon.
Maria
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
In "Under the Mistletoe Collection (A Timeless Romance Anthology)"
Patricia
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally,’I am not drawn to novellas but this one was great! I always look forward to reading books by this author.
Sharon
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a quick heartwarming romance. Each had to struggle through their own pain. And they drew closer together and challenged each other.
A nice book to read when it’s cold outside.
Natalya
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What begins with the stormy and troubled relationship results with a match made in heaven. The storytelling is charming. I felt like I could step into the story and play along.
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A high school romance rekindled years later at Christmastime. Quick, cozy story.
Lauren
Ashtyn Lyon
Mar 05, 2019
Bonnie
Nov 06, 2018

• Let's Begin Again (Pine Valley #7)
  • Faceoff (Northbrook Hockey Elite #1)
  • Christmas with an Alaskan Man (An Alaskan Romance Series Book 3)
  • Cowboys Don't Stand Under the Mistletoe
  • Waiting for You (Pine Valley #4)
  • Discovering Grace (Inglewood, #2)
  • Ranger Protection (Texas Ranger Heroes Book 1)
  • Jeremiah's Bogus Bride: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 4)
  • Miss Devon's Choice (Branches of Love #5)
  • Powerplay (Northbrook Hockey Elite #2)
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • Sanctuary (Guardian, #3)
  • The Truth about Miss Ashbourne
  • Goldie and the Billionaire Bear: A Clean Billionaire Fairy Tale Romance (Once Upon a Billionaire Book 1)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • Her Best Friend Fake Fiancé: : Benton Billionaire Romance (Benton Brothers Romance Book 2)
  • Nine Ladies Dancing (Belles of Christmas, #4)
  • Her Snow Valley Fake New Year's Eve Boyfriend  (A Taylor Hart Snow Valley Romance)
Julie Coulter Bellon is the author of more than a dozen romantic suspense novels. Her book All Fall Down won the RONE award for Best Suspense, The Capture was a Whitney Award finalist for Best Suspense, and Pocket Full of Posies won a RONE Honorable Mention for Best Suspense.

Julie loves to travel and her favorite cities she's visited so far are probably Athens, Paris, Ottawa, and London. She loves

Under the Mistletoe (2 books)
  • First & Last Christmas Date (Legally in Love Christmas)