Start by marking “White Collar Blues” as Want to Read:
White Collar Blues

White Collar Blues

The Corporate World of General Modifications has always been a bastion of stability and loyalty. However, this is changing.
Justin - a 29 year veteran of General Modification - faces a career-threatening choice; he must decide - assimilate or resist.

Justin's wife, Leslie is fighting a different battle - A full-time small business owner, she encounters a smart, funny, knowle
ebook, 1, 206 pages
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about White Collar Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Collar Blues

Candyce Kirk
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
First of all, thanks to the author for sending me an ARC of White Collar Blues.
After reading the novella Somebody's Heartbreak, I was excited to read something new from this author.
To be honest though, I'm still not sure how I am going to rate this story. While I ended up really loving these characters and hoping they would get their happily ever after, it took me a big part of the book to even connect to these characters. I'm not sure if it's because they're a lot older than me and in
Cassie
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me everyday life complete with job worries, children leaving the nest, relationships sometimes strained and new ventures. I admit that I had a hard time engaging in the story in the beginning but it picked up midway through and I didn't want to put it down. I think this is was because was something different, the author deviates from the norm - this is not a typical LOVE story this is a LIFE story...

The characters were so relatable for me. Justin ~ the take charge, Mr Fixit, p
Shani
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found myself relating to Leslie and Justin quite a bit because my kids are older as well. It's hard to fathom what it will be like to restart so to speak once your kids are grown and off to the world. For them, they have to learn how to adjust. They face major life changes and even though their love for each other is visible and emotionally there, they still have a disconnect. It's up to them to figure out how to conquer work, empty nesting and making their marriage work.

I found their work int
Margaret
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when you wake up one morning and your son leaves for college?
When suddenly job worries are keeping you quiet and you don't know how to share them because you have more in common with your work colleagues?
When a man notices that you're a woman and not a mum?

All these questions are answered and you're taking on a life story, not just a love story.

If you're at this crossroads of your life you will be able to recognise frustrations and the love that a couple needs to work at or else ou
Tessa
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
White Collar Blues is a story of a couple who are trying to maintain their happily ever after, after years together. This story is about what happens after you have found love together and how everyday love and life coincide. Justin and Leslie are trying to find themselves again after their son goes off to college.

This the first book that I have read from this author and I will read more. This story is about difficult situations and decisions that can be life changing in relationships. It had pl
Deborah Lane
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I could relate to the older characters, their pulling apart from the core of their relationship. Their lives were seperate, their focus too. I wanted more connection earlier in the story. Worry about jobs, this should be relevant to each other, not handled alone. Feeling good about following a dream, very good. Not stopping the flirtation, not so much. I know she did not cheat, but bordered it. Well written, wanted more character involvement. ending was a little rushed, tied up quickly.I liked t ...more
Lori Caprio Tate
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting book

Justin and Leslie are facing major changes in their life and marriage. As a creature of habit Justin can not see what is going on in frontbof him and Leslie is struggling trying to find her way in the world after becoming an empty nester. I loved the development of the characters and the way you can truly feel their love for one another. I just struggled with how neatly it all came together at the end. It feels like the author wrapped it up pretty quickly at the end.
Deirdre Stokes
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had a lot going on but, in a good way. I love how it started with a group of coworkers meeting to catch up and then the corporation they work for going through changes. To family life changing when their only child goes to college and Justin and his wife focus on their work. This book had so many good moments and it was good to be able to experience the things they were going through when reading this story.
Jessica
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time getting into this book. I got lost in a lot of the office talk. There were also many editing errors that took away from the ability to focus on the story. There was also a lot of characters to keep track of.

The storyline ended up being okay, but it was a very slow read for me.
Bella
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A reasonably enjoyable story that really would have benefitted from a much tighter edit. This story, whilst is has some lovely, well-developed characters, is quite verbose in some section, too full of jargon that doesn't add to the story, and is generally a little dense overall. I hope the next offering by this author is more critically edited, as previous work has been more enjoyable to read.
Robyn Washington
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book was enjoyable and the plot was about a couple who are trying to find themselves after their son goes off to college. The book mixed with an so business jargons and trying to recreate a fire in their love again is a good plot. The author writes well, but needed more pzazz in the book to set it off. I enjoyed the book.
Dawn
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is about how leslie and justin survive life when they are bit more further in life. It was a good story, but I did have a hard time getting into the book. About 1/2 way I got my groove with story.
Lizzi
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This story was ok. It took me a while to read as it had a lot of information and corporate jargon that did not appeal to me. Story line was OK about a couple who need to reconnect within their relationship.
Lylian Aguiar
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Life story that lets us know so much about how life can take different turns.
Thi
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I did like this book and I would more from this author.
T
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Good premises, but I had a very hard time getting into the book. It took quite a while for me to finish it up though it wasn't that long. It was just too cluttered with jargon and such for my tastes.
Gretchen Chasse
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting story about finding your way back into the relationship after becoming empty-nesters. This is the story of Justin & Leslie. I liked the settling and the story line of finding their way towards love when they are already there. A little wordy on the corporate aspects of the story but still very well written.
Sarah Allen
rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2018
Mel Walker
May 09, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynne
Leeanna
Oct 24, 2018
Mariela
Oct 24, 2018
Novelist, Short Story Writer, Native New Yorker and life-long frustrated NY Mets fan. I love writing about ordinary people placed in difficult situations, especially as it relates to their closest relationships. (in other words, Life).

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authormelwal...