Start by marking “Lolita (Bad Girls #1)” as Want to Read:
Lolita (Bad Girls #1)

Lolita (Bad Girls #1)

Love or stardom? Was there even a doubt what Lolita wanted?

But what Lolita wanted and what she got were two different things. When the notoriety that came along with fame was too much for her to bear, she seeks refuge in the luscious green Panchgani.

Advait Rana was a workaholic and a single dad. Balancing the two roles was not easy. The guilt of neglecting his ten-year-old
Published May 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lolita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lolita

Inderpreet Uppal
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
LOLITA LOVES LIFE
4.5 Stars
Lolita is an actress, a diva, a siren, a companion, a woman— all these and much more. We just cannot slot her in any one box since she is an actress who is not just talented but successful, beautiful and sexy. For how long will women have to apologise for being good-looking, talented, ambitious and making a stand in a man’s world. Yes—it is a man’s world since women are judged by their standards and live within the boundaries created by them. But who says women cannot b
Sherrie Hansen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved discovering that Lolita is a bad girl with a good heart. LOLITA is a true romance that focuses on the relationships between Lolita and Advait, a man she meets quite "accidentally", her producer, Sandy, a mistake from her past who still exerts chaos on her present, and Advait's deceased wife and troubled young daughter. LOLITA explores what it takes to truly love someone, and the differences in physical relationships when sex is part of a misguided relationship, void of love, and when it ...more
Ica Iova
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I was always fascinated by societal assessments when it comes to traditions. Lolita is a beautifully written story about a woman who defies traditions. The author skilfully entwines the Indian custom in this romantic tale.
Arti
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story! I just could not stop till a reached the end. And the cover, its hot.
The characters are so real and relatable and their relationships have been beautifully described. Be it Aachal and Advait or Advait and Simone. I loved Simone’s relationship with Lolita the most.
The descriptions of the scenes have been written in such detail that I could picturise the scenes. Some scenes made me laugh and in some scenes, I literally was crying.
The language is simple and the story moves at a fast p
Kavita
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Bad Girl' this title has always intrigued me. But like always in life "Bad girl Lolita is so majorly because of her guts to question the cliched cultural boundaries and wanting to follow her passion at any cost.
So what does she really want, love or fame? No spoilers here, you will need to read the book to find out.
Outspoken and brash Lolita meets her match in Advait who is temperamentally very different from her. They also have different priorities in life but t the sizzling chemistry between
Varsha Dixit
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Read

I throughly enjoyed reading Lolita. I had to read the book in one go. Could not put it down! What I really enjoyed that the heroine of the book, Lolita, is ambitious, strong yet has a softer side. Advait, the hero, portrays strength yet vulnerability which is very appealing in a man. Th author has done a fabulous job writing a love story that is poignant, yet funny in parts and definitely steamy. I look forward to more books from this author.
Ruchi Singh
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
During the promos of 'Lolita', the title and the 'Bad Girls' series name had immediately caught my attention, and I picked up the book the day it was released. As expected 'Lolita' turned out to be an extremely entertaining story.

Set in the backdrop of Bollywood life; fame, sleaze and notoriety which comes along with it, the story revolves around two protagonists, Lolita the starlet, and Advait the businessman and single father. As they say opposites attract, boy oh boy, they really do!

The rela
Dagny
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I read the book on Kindle Unlimited and this review is my honest review. I was not paid or otherwise compensated for the review.

My rating for the book: 4.2/5.0

Lolita is a provoking enigmatic girl- a Bollywood superstar, no less.

She comes from a conservative family living in a cloistered little town in TN. Her values are traditional, her upbringing is strict though loving. One day, she catches a glimpse of an endless colorful sky. That day, all hell breaks loose.

The narrative is nimbl
Angela Peixoto
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rubina Ramesh added one more gem to her crown with this book. An incredible story that kept me turning the pages and that shows that so often things are not what they look like (a star with apparently everything in life and that all she wanted was to be loved and cherished.) Totally deserves all the 5 stars that were awarded by the different readers.
Aparna
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Very often we notice people whom we know, have changed. We often comment on their changed behavior or attitude but never ever try to understand what caused the changes. We often tend to follow our celebrities lives, we notice their style, their attitude but are they really what they portray in public and media?

Lolita is a classic example of the above. Everyone judges her according to her image portrayed in and by the media. But who is she really..Lolita or Lalita?

Rubina has flawlessly written an
India Kells
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book
Sexy, romantic, set in an exotic settings, the story draws you into a life regulated by standards and boundaries where love may bring hurdles. The characters show an emotional depth that I loved.
ANTONY
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Every girl in her life has to pass through an essential  phase of her life when she is nubile to settle in her life by getting into the the institution of marriage in our country

For parents also it is a duty when they arrange the same. At this juncture, it may so happen things would divert into an unplanned direction giving all the joy or pain to them according to the way it has happened.

Lolita charming  protagonist due to choosing her own trajectory  to become  an actress  while her parents ar
Mariyam Hasnain
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lolita is a story of naïve and innocent Lalita Subramaniam Iyer, from the small town of Kumbakonam in rural Tamil Nadu. The book depicts the journey and transformation of Lalita into a fierce and bold Bollywood Diva, Lolita.
The book was titled as a Bad Girl Series but I didn’t find a speck of badness in the character of Lolita. It’s very much likeable and believable. Lolita took the load of entire story on her shoulders and Advait’s character felt like a mere distraction.
That said, I loved the s
Odessa Black
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A verified purchase from Amazon.
I was not compensated in any way for this review. This is my honest opinion of Lolita.

This author can spin a story so intricately woven and vividly described that I was paralyzed before my e-reader. I didn't simply read this book. I was taken on an out-of-body experience as I was plunged into Lolita and Advait's not so fairy-tale, real-world romance. Females leads are normally put on pedestals and are good girls in most books. In Rubina Ramesh's book, Lolita is a
P.G. Van
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Bold story

Lolita is a beautifully written story about a strong minded woman. Her journey and what motivates her was just fascinating to read making this an enjoyable read!!
Amar Naik
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed reading this book at one go. depicts a strong women who has her own set.of emotions . but how the lack of support from parents and misuse of her privacy created havoc in her life makes this book an interesting read.
two strong message from this book
-smiling face does have a story hidden behind it
- also parents sometime needs to come out if their strong mould and need support their kids
Maya Daniels
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story about a couple overcoming traditions and societal norms to follow their heart. Lolita had big dreams and rebelled against tradition, so Sandy walking into her life with a promise of fame and glory leads her to a turbulent, wild, but still empty existence. Lies and scandalous affair push her into Advait’s life and everything changes for both of them. While Advait is fighting his own heart so he can protect his young daughter, faith has something else in mind. I truly enjoye ...more
M.V. Kasi
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brash yet naive. Bold yet vulnerable. Lolita was a bundle of contradictions. Thoroughly enjoyed the exciting ride of Lolita's journey to redemption.
Meenal Vardan
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
2 stars

It was a ok book . I didn't enjoy it too much . Simone was my fav character. Such a sweet little child.
Sundari Venkatraman
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of the “Bad Girl series” by the author. Dying of curiosity, I bought the book the moment it was released on Amazon.
After reading the book, I realized that this was one character that I would have loved to create as an author myself.
Lolita aka Lalita hails from my hometown of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu and that was another plus in her favour. The young woman has dreams of becoming the star of Bollywood and goes along with a stranger all the way from Kumbakonam to Mumbai, complet
Adite
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Bad girls have all the fun', so it's said. In a world where girls with ambition and the will to get their own way are branded as bad, Lolita perhaps is the 'baddest' of them all. But the road to fame is strewn with heartache. When Lolita runs into Advait, a single dad, who is struggling to overcome his grief, at the lowest point in her career, it's guaranteed to rock both their worlds. Will these two individuals who are as different as chalk from cheese find their happy ever after? Read the boo ...more
mari reiza
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
An emotion packed read! I got this book on husband's kindle following my 'get to know new Indian writers' spree. It's the story of a fated encounter of two lost souls, Lolita who left her family in bad terms to follow her dream to become an actress in Mumbai, and Advait, a successful IT entrepreneur widowed and with a suffering child. The characters are fiery and the plot entertaining making this a pleasant read. I look forward to read more from this author.
Reshma Ranjan
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My kind of romance- that is what makes me wait for this author's book. Loved the nostalgic feel it evokes. The narration is exquisite. Rubina Ramesh has very successfully taken me through the beautiful Kumbakonam. The temple, the kolam an amazing world which I have seen while growing up back home.
With every book she makes me see something new in her style and root for her next.
Shree
May 13, 2019
M
Jul 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rubina Ramesh is an avid reader, writer, blogger, book reviewer and marketer. She is the founder of The Book Club, an online book publicity group. Her first literary work was published in her school magazine. It gave her immense pride to see her own name at the bottom of the article. She was about 8 years old at that time. She then went to complete her MBA and after her marriage to her childhood ...more