Start by marking “Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Book One” as Want to Read:
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Book One

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Book One

(Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey #0-4)

When Jack Skellington's faithful pet Zero gets lost, the ghost pup must get the help of the residents of Christmas Town to find his way back. With Halloween plans on hold while Jack mounts a search, will they be reunited in time to save both holidays?
Published October 2nd 2018 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, please sign up.
Kae Winters This is the first five issues of the comic book (issues #0 through #4). There will be four trade paperbacks in total.

Start your review of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Book One
Selena
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-copy of Disney's Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Zero's Journey by D.J. Milky from NetGalley for my honest review.

First off, I realize this is a children's book but I love anything Tim Burton. I am also a big Art freak. I love drawing, painting, sketching and have a huge appreciation for the talent of others who create it.

This is a comic cartoon type book. I really enjoyed all the never before seen character and location sketches that were in this book, all crea
TheYALibrarian
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Quirkybookworm
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you adored The Nightmare Before Christmas and you still want to continue the journey with these quirkisome characters, then this manga book is for you!

Zero's Journey is beautifully illustrated and the colors are wonderful. I was able to follow the story easily. It is adorable. It is what we, the pet owners go through when our pets go missing.

I love Zero! I want him as my pet now!

I've always liked The Nightmare Before Christmas movie. Imagine my delight when I saw this manga novel. I just had
Melanie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey is a cute, fun story about Zero getting lost and ending up in Christmas Town while the residents of Halloween Town search for him.

The art in this volume is gorgeous and very reminiscent of the movie. I liked that the illustrators chose to use an art style that was similar to the movie instead of something completely new. I definitely liked this volume more because it reminded me so much of the movie, but that said there are new characters and locati
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Like many, I grew up on The Nightmare Before Christmas, and it still holds a certain nostalgia for me, even though I feel like one of the few horror-loving people of my generation who isn't still particularly captivated by the film. That aside, I was pretty eager to check out this new Disney Manga series about my favorite character, little Zero the pup. The story follows Zero as he gets lost in the land of Christmas, and has to survive there on his own until he can make it back home to Jack.

Whil
Theresa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was SUPER cute, I'm excited for the next volume! The one thing I didn't like was that the creators tried to write in musical numbers, which is tedious to read when you don't even have a tune for the songs and the verses are just repeating over and over. Aside from speeding through those portions, this was really enjoyable.
Amber
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this e-book from the author and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Jack's dog Zero goes missing, Jack decides to send a search party to find him. Will he find him not knowing Zero is in Christmas town? Read on and find out for yourself.

This is a pretty good Manga from the Nightmare before Christmas Universe. It had an awesome storyline and the artwork is great too. If you love Nightmare Before Christmas, definitely check this book out for yourself. It is n
Marianna
Zero is the most lovable ghostly dog ever, but the story is so short and simple I can't rate it more than 3*. The drawings are stunning, I loved them, expecially the first section that contains sketches for the covers. They're gloomy but will also warm your heart, I don't know how.
The book is perfect both for Christmas or Halloween, but very, very short. I wish it was longer!
Many thanks to both NetGalley and the authors for a free copy of their ebook.
Regsly
10/04/20 - Free atm at https://www.tokyopop.com/together

Cute art. Full coloured. Target audience: Children.

So Christmas town people aren't that nice after all. Why am I not surprised?

That end turned this into a horror story
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey
Author: D.J. Milky, Kei Ishiyama, David Hutchison & Dan Conner
Genre: Graphic Novel
Rating: *****
Review: So, I requested this because the Nightmare before Christmas and the Corpse Bride are my favourite Tim Burton films and I couldn’t wait to see what Zero’s Journey had in store for me. This review will be quite short because there isn’t too much that I can say on the subject, but I will do my best.
So this graphic novel
Kristin Davison
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
I would like to thank Netgalley and Diamond book Distributors for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This collects issue 0 - 4 of Zero's journey.

Zero gets lost in Christmas town and has to find a way to make it back to Jack. Beautiful artwork
Etienne
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Like the title says the story is more about Zero (that's the dog) then Jack (the skeleton). Still it's fun to get back into this crazy universe, illustrated beautifully, even if the story is not that strong.
Erica Metcalf
Book #1 of Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey was a quick and fun read!

I cruised right through this book! It only took me about fifteen minutes to read it. Granted I was so anxious to see what was going to happen next, I didn't take my usual time looking at the artwork. So of course, when I finished the story, I went back to get a better look at the art... Which of course, I just loved!

I was very excited to see that this was fully colored! When I read the preview, I was curious to see i
Sandra
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just feels like a repeat of the original. The art for the most part is lovely. But it's like hey let's swap jack and Zero and rerun it as a silent movie. Not the cute perfect for the season read I was hoping for.

And in a 'that's the world of the movie and not the writer's fault but it still pisses me off' even as a kid who loved the movie, I was bugged by the fact that the doors are a mix of Christian and secular holidays, further implying Christian is the default and everyone else can shove off
Cynthia
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Jack is back, and he's busy working on an experiment leaving Zero feeling a touch lonely. Events happen and Zero finds himself in Christmas Town and meets some new characters. Not knowing where Zero went Jack works (along with the help of old friends) to find his loyal companion.
I had to really ponder my rating for this. Its artwork was beautifully done and it's too cool to be back in this world especially with an emphasis on Zero. BUT this was such a short read since there's minimal dialogu
Ioanna
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
During playtime, Zero gets lost and ends up in Christmas Town. But, after all that has happened between Halloween Town and Christmas Town, who can go bring the sweet pup back to his master?

This is a wonderful spin-off story from the all-time classic movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, with ghost pup Zero being the main hero. It's funny, sweet, and involves all our favorite movie characters. The illustrations are true to the movie and absolutely impeccable.

Strongly recommended for fans of anyt
Alicia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley

I know this is a children's book, but I absolutely love Tim Burton and the illustration is absolutely gorgeous. Jack loses Zero and the members of Halloween town help him with a search party for Zero. It's an adorable story line with beautiful illustrations on Zero's journey back to Jack.
Elke
Who doesn't love Jack Skellington's cute little best friend, the dog Zero? Finally, my secret hero of The Nightmare before Christmas stars in his own fantastic story. Told in beautiful pictures that perfectly match the original movie's style, the pages are brimming with color, at the same time spreading thespirit of Halloween and Christmas. I can't wait to see how the story of poor lost Zero continues. Perfect for readers of all ages.
Sue Wallace
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Zero's Journeyby D.J. Milky
This was a great comic. I loved the pictures. 5*.
˗ˏˋ Anna  ˎˊ˗
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Very cute and quick read. While there was not a lot of substance, and it's not a book that people unfamiliar with the movie would be able to pick up, it was still a fun read for those of us who are fans of Tim Burton.
Jodi Geever
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure delight! The art is enthralling, you are drawn into Christmastown and Halloweentown. There are alternative covers, character concept sketches, and location concept sketches as well as interviews with creators and artists on the movie and on this project.
Lizzie & Koala Skywalker
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lizzie-read
This is such a cute manga about Zero. I’m a big fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas characters. ~ Lizzie :)
Briar's Reviews
The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourite films of all time, so it's only natural for this Halloween obsessed reader to pick up Zero's book!

Zero is lost, so Jack must go on an adventure to find his friend and keep him safe! While he's away, Zero finds a reindeer who is in trouble. Both Jack and Zero find themselves getting into some Christmas-filled mischief as they find their way back to one another. Also, Sally's along for the ride too!

I really liked this book. It appears to be ai
Mehsi
I received this comic (or maybe half-manga) from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas and so I was very much excited when I spotted this one on Netgalley.

This one chronicles the adventures of Zero, the adorable ghost dog of Jack Skellington (eeeeee!). We see how Jack is once again struggling to come up with something for Halloween (I say again, though at that time I didn't know this one was a brand-new story, but later on we get confirma
tony dillard jr
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
It seems that Jack Skellington didn't truly learn his lesson on that Christmas Eve when he became Sandy Claws. He's so obsessed with creating an automatic portal to all of the other holiday lands. In fact, Jack has been ignoring his duties as the King of Halloween Town.

He's also been ignoring his loyal ghost pooch, Zero. Feeling guilty, Jack decides to play a quick round of catch with Zero during a break. But Zero gets a little too excited for the sudden attention. So thrilled, that when he bum
Sophie Brown
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Released to coincide with both the Halloween and Christmas seasons is Tokyopop’s graphic novel sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas – Zero’s Journey by D.J. Milky. This middle-grade volume is book one of what will be a four-book series collecting 20 issues of the comic book series.

Set shortly after the movie, Jack is preoccupied with creating a portal to allow him to travel to any of the Holiday Worlds and is ignoring Zero in the process. After being guilt-tripped by his ghostly hound, the t
Elaine White
** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Copy received through Netgalley

~

Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey
★★★☆☆
112 Pages

While this was excellently illustrated, I found the story panels hard to follow. Using the dog as the main character meant there were few opportunities for speech, a lot of sound captions, and the flow didn't quite feel as easy to follow. While I think fans of the original might like it, and children would love it, it wasn't really enough for
Jacquelyn Reel
Sep 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
We are back in Halloween Town where Jack is setting up plans for Halloween Town’s next Halloween celebration. Poor Zero is feeling a bit neglected and in his lovable way, begging Jack for attention. Without giving too much away, Zero ends up lost in Christmas Town and Jack needs to find a way to save him. I was VERY disappointed with this opening trade. I finished this trade within 5 minutes. There is nothing new in story in this trade and I feel that it is a way that Disney is getting money off ...more
Wayne McCoy
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas' from Tokyopop is a continuation of the popular movie starring Jack's dog Zero.

Jack Skellington is busy planning next Halloween, but Zero wants to play. When Jack starts absently playing fetch with Zero, Zero ends up in the grove of holidays and ends up in Christmas Town. He makes new friends like flying reindeer and a friendly elf that takes him in. Jack is worried about his friend, but too busy to go looking so he asks for help from an unlikely grou
Andrew
Some time has passed since Jack Skellington "stole" Christmas.
As he distractedly plans a big Halloween to-do, Zero goes missing and winds up in Christmas Town.
Jack, Sally and the residents of Halloween Town must find him.
The Boogie Boys, Lock, Shock and Barrel, claim to have redeemed themselves and offer to go to Christmas Town.
Meanwhile, Zero tries to understand Christmas Town like Jack did, and finds he misses his home and Jack more.
Will they be reunited. This is the first in a series of
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil A Rún, Volume 8 (The Girl from the Other Side, #8)
  • Ghostly Things, Vol. 1
  • The Lost Days (Emily the Strange, #1)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil A Rún, Volume 7 (The Girl from the Other Side, #7)
  • Disney Hamlet, Starring Donald Duck (Graphic Novel)
  • The Best Halloween Ever (The Herdmans #3)
  • The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (Welcome to Night Vale #3)
  • Mac Cracks the Code (Mac B., Kid Spy #4)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch
  • Snail Crossing
  • In My Garden
  • The Snatchabook
  • Enchanted
D.J. Milky is the author pen name of creator and entrepreneur Stu Levy.

Born in Los Angeles, Stu is the founder, CEO, and Chief Creative Officer of the manga media company TOKYOPOP. Stu also produces, directs, and writes for graphic novels, film, and television. His preeminent work "Princess Ai" debuted at #1 on the National Bookscan charts for Graphic Novels.

Stu’s creative works include writing th

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #0