Start by marking “Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey” as Want to Read:
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey

(Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Zero's Journey 0-4)

When Jack Skellington's faithful pet Zero gets lost, the ghost pup must get the help of the residents of Christmas Town to find his way back. With Halloween plans on hold while Jack mounts a search, will they be reunited in time to save both holidays?
Published October 2nd 2018 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, please sign up.
Kae Winters This is the first five issues of the comic book (issues #0 through #4). There will be four trade paperbacks in total.

Selena
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-copy of Disney's Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Zero's Journey by D.J. Milky from NetGalley for my honest review.

First off, I realize this is a children's book but I love anything Tim Burton. I am also a big Art freak. I love drawing, painting, sketching and have a huge appreciation for the talent of others who create it.

This is a comic cartoon type book. I really enjoyed all the never before seen character and location sketches that were in this book, all crea
TheYALibrarian
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Quirkybookworm
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you adored The Nightmare Before Christmas and you still want to continue the journey with these quirkisome characters, then this manga book is for you!

Zero's Journey is beautifully illustrated and the colors are wonderful. I was able to follow the story easily. It is adorable. It is what we, the pet owners go through when our pets go missing.

I love Zero! I want him as my pet now!

I've always liked The Nightmare Before Christmas movie. Imagine my delight when I saw this manga novel. I just had
Melanie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey is a cute, fun story about Zero getting lost and ending up in Christmas Town while the residents of Halloween Town search for him.

The art in this volume is gorgeous and very reminiscent of the movie. I liked that the illustrators chose to use an art style that was similar to the movie instead of something completely new. I definitely liked this volume more because it reminded me so much of the movie, but that said there are new characters and locati
Theresa
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was SUPER cute, I'm excited for the next volume! The one thing I didn't like was that the creators tried to write in musical numbers, which is tedious to read when you don't even have a tune for the songs and the verses are just repeating over and over. Aside from speeding through those portions, this was really enjoyable.
Marianna
Zero is the most lovable ghostly dog ever, but the story is so short and simple I can't rate it more than 3*. The drawings are stunning, I loved them, expecially the first section that contains sketches for the covers. They're gloomy but will also warm your heart, I don't know how.
The book is perfect both for Christmas or Halloween, but very, very short. I wish it was longer!
Many thanks to both NetGalley and the authors for a free copy of their ebook.
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Like many, I grew up on The Nightmare Before Christmas, and it still holds a certain nostalgia for me, even though I feel like one of the few horror-loving people of my generation who isn't still particularly captivated by the film. That aside, I was pretty eager to check out this new Disney Manga series about my favorite character, little Zero the pup. The story follows Zero as he gets lost in the land of Christmas, and has to survive there on his own until he can make it back home to Jack.

Whil
Amber
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this e-book from the author and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Jack's dog Zero goes missing, Jack decides to send a search party to find him. Will he find him not knowing Zero is in Christmas town? Read on and find out for yourself.

This is a pretty good Manga from the Nightmare before Christmas Universe. It had an awesome storyline and the artwork is great too. If you love Nightmare Before Christmas, definitely check this book out for yourself. It is n
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Book Review
Title: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey
Author: D.J. Milky, Kei Ishiyama, David Hutchison & Dan Conner
Genre: Graphic Novel
Rating: *****
Review: So, I requested this because the Nightmare before Christmas and the Corpse Bride are my favourite Tim Burton films and I couldn’t wait to see what Zero’s Journey had in store for me. This review will be quite short because there isn’t too much that I can say on the subject, but I will do my best.
So this graphic no
Kristin Davison
I would like to thank Netgalley and Diamond book Distributors for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

This collects issue 0 - 4 of Zero's journey.

Zero gets lost in Christmas town and has to find a way to make it back to Jack. Beautiful artwork
Etienne
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Like the title says the story is more about Zero (that's the dog) then Jack (the skeleton). Still it's fun to get back into this crazy universe, illustrated beautifully, even if the story is not that strong.
Erica Robyn
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book #1 of Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey was a quick and fun read!

I cruised right through this book! It only took me about fifteen minutes to read it. Granted I was so anxious to see what was going to happen next, I didn't take my usual time looking at the artwork. So of course, when I finished the story, I went back to get a better look at the art... Which of course, I just loved!

I was very excited to see that this was fully colored! When I read the preview, I was curious to see i
Cynthia
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Jack is back, and he's busy working on an experiment leaving Zero feeling a touch lonely. Events happen and Zero finds himself in Christmas Town and meets some new characters. Not knowing where Zero went Jack works (along with the help of old friends) to find his loyal companion.
I had to really ponder my rating for this. Its artwork was beautifully done and it's too cool to be back in this world especially with an emphasis on Zero. BUT this was such a short read since there's minimal dialogu
Gianna
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
During playtime, Zero gets lost and ends up in Christmas Town. But, after all that has happened between Halloween Town and Christmas Town, who can go bring the sweet pup back to his master?

This is a wonderful spin-off story from the all-time classic movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, with ghost pup Zero being the main hero. It's funny, sweet, and involves all our favorite movie characters. The illustrations are true to the movie and absolutely impeccable.

Strongly recommended for fans of anyt
Susan Angela Wallace
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Zero's Journeyby D.J. Milky
This was a great comic. I loved the pictures. 5*.
Elke
Who doesn't love Jack Skellington's cute little best friend, the dog Zero? Finally, my secret hero of The Nightmare before Christmas stars in his own fantastic story. Told in beautiful pictures that perfectly match the original movie's style, the pages are brimming with color, at the same time spreading thespirit of Halloween and Christmas. I can't wait to see how the story of poor lost Zero continues. Perfect for readers of all ages.
Jodi Geever
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pure delight! The art is enthralling, you are drawn into Christmastown and Halloweentown. There are alternative covers, character concept sketches, and location concept sketches as well as interviews with creators and artists on the movie and on this project.
Alicia
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley

I know this is a children's book, but I absolutely love Tim Burton and the illustration is absolutely gorgeous. Jack loses Zero and the members of Halloween town help him with a search party for Zero. It's an adorable story line with beautiful illustrations on Zero's journey back to Jack.
Mehsi
I received this comic (or maybe half-manga) from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE The Nightmare Before Christmas and so I was very much excited when I spotted this one on Netgalley.

This one chronicles the adventures of Zero, the adorable ghost dog of Jack Skellington (eeeeee!). We see how Jack is once again struggling to come up with something for Halloween (I say again, though at that time I didn't know this one was a brand-new story, but later on we get confirma
Sophie Brown
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Released to coincide with both the Halloween and Christmas seasons is Tokyopop’s graphic novel sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas – Zero’s Journey by D.J. Milky. This middle-grade volume is book one of what will be a four-book series collecting 20 issues of the comic book series.

Set shortly after the movie, Jack is preoccupied with creating a portal to allow him to travel to any of the Holiday Worlds and is ignoring Zero in the process. After being guilt-tripped by his ghostly hound, the t
Elaine White
** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **
Copy received through Netgalley

~

Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey
★★★☆☆
112 Pages

While this was excellently illustrated, I found the story panels hard to follow. Using the dog as the main character meant there were few opportunities for speech, a lot of sound captions, and the flow didn't quite feel as easy to follow. While I think fans of the original might like it, and children would love it, it wasn't really enough for
Sandra
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just feels like a repeat of the original. The art for the most part is lovely. But it's like hey let's swap jack and Zero and rerun it as a silent movie. Not the cute perfect for the season read I was hoping for.

And in a 'that's the world of the movie and not the writer's fault but it still pisses me off' even as a kid who loved the movie, I was bugged by the fact that the doors are a mix of Christian and secular holidays, further implying Christian is the default and everyone else can shove off
Jacquelyn Reel
Sep 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
We are back in Halloween Town where Jack is setting up plans for Halloween Town’s next Halloween celebration. Poor Zero is feeling a bit neglected and in his lovable way, begging Jack for attention. Without giving too much away, Zero ends up lost in Christmas Town and Jack needs to find a way to save him. I was VERY disappointed with this opening trade. I finished this trade within 5 minutes. There is nothing new in story in this trade and I feel that it is a way that Disney is getting money off ...more
Wayne McCoy
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas' from Tokyopop is a continuation of the popular movie starring Jack's dog Zero.

Jack Skellington is busy planning next Halloween, but Zero wants to play. When Jack starts absently playing fetch with Zero, Zero ends up in the grove of holidays and ends up in Christmas Town. He makes new friends like flying reindeer and a friendly elf that takes him in. Jack is worried about his friend, but too busy to go looking so he asks for help from an unlikely grou
Alex Sarll
Because no less an authority than Max Gladstone has convincingly argued that the original is a Hallowe'en movie as much as a Christmas one, and more to the point because my Netgalley ARC will barely make December. And also because Zero is a very good, if somewhat dead, boy. A genial if entirely unnecessary sequel, with Jack insisting he has that whole Christmas business out of his system even as his faithful hound gets lost and repeats his master's trip to Christmas Town. It suffers from trying ...more
Viviana
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok so in terms of writing it more like a 3 star star for me. Just because it does feel like the characters from the movie but some of the things they say sounds a little off to me. I can’t exactly pinpoint what it is. The art is absolutely wonderful! I’m very happy to see my fave character back. And to see Zero in a new setting! I’m really excited for the rest of these. Even though the writing was kind of meh for me so far, it could just be the fat that the story itself is being set up so, that ...more
Caitlin Janke
I’m a huge nightmare before Christmas fan so when I saw there was a manga made with a new story about Zero I knew I had to read it. It is the perfect mix of Christmas and Halloween. Since the story follows Zero going into Christmas town it would make a great read for Christmas.

Zeros Journey is able to be enjoyed by adults and kids. The art is perfect when you compare it to the movie. I loved that it wasn’t heavily changed and just continues from the movie. I can’t wait to read the next one and
Adam Fisher
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Zero goes through the door to Christmas Town and has his own little adventure, but this place isn't made for a curious ghost dog! While Jack begins the search for his missing best friend, some Gingerbread Men show Zero that not everything is happy and nice in Christmas Town...
The book started cute with the minimal dialogue and playfulness between Jack and Zero, but devolved quickly into the wanderings of a dog who is somewhere they don't belong. I think this story would work a lot better with a
Nicole
** I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. **

This was adorable and super quick to read! Zero was one of my absolute favorite parts of The Nightmare Before Christmas so I was thrilled to see this manga novel centered around this festive pup! I loved the artwork and seeing more of Christmas Town. Zero’s emotions come across so brilliantly that it’s easy to forget he’s a dog and not a person. Jack’s dedication to looking for his beloved canine companion is s
Kate
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, netgalley
Gorgerous Illustrations!!

I shared this with the 4-year-old with whom I spent my Wednesday. She and I are both battling head colds, but love reading together. When she saw this was available she asked me to read it to her. I happily complied.

We passed a happy 30 minutes perusing this volume and looking at the beautiful artwork. We were not, however, impressed with the story. There were very few words and the ending felt very abrupt.

As much as we were enjoying the story of the hunt for Zero, we
« previous 1 3 next »
D.J. Milky is the author pen name of creator and entrepreneur Stu Levy.

Born in Los Angeles, Stu is the founder, CEO, and Chief Creative Officer of the manga media company TOKYOPOP. Stu also produces, directs, and writes for graphic novels, film, and television. His preeminent work "Princess Ai" debuted at #1 on the National Bookscan charts for Graphic Novels.

Stu’s creative works include writing th

Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas - Zero's Journey (5 books)
  • Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #0
  • Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #1
  • Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #2
  • Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #3
  • Disney Manga: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero's Journey Issue #4