Start by marking “The Meanest Doll in the World (Doll People, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Meanest Doll in the World (Doll People, #2)

The Meanest Doll in the World

(Doll People #2)

Annabelle Doll and Tiffany Funcraft are two dolls who have been best friends since they met in Kate Palmer's house at 26 Wetherby Lane. In this sequel to The Doll People, they hitch a ride in Kate's backpack and find themselves in the biggest adventure of their lives, a day at school! But when an attempt to return home lands them in the wrong house, they're in far deeper ...more
Published May 15th 2005 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published September 1st 2003)

Start your review of The Meanest Doll in the World (Doll People, #2)
Ann
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
I loved the first book in the series, and this one turned out to be just as fantastic!!!

This, the second book in the Doll People series, sends Annabelle and Tiffany on some harrowing adventures -- and for the first time, these adventures take Annabell and Tiffany *outside* of the Palmer's house! Gasp!! They end up at Kate's school - and their adventures are just starting.

Soon, they meet the Meanest Doll in the world, and what follows in a tiny look into friendship vs. dictatorship, kindness vs.
Maria
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, doll-s, series
After reading the fist book in the series, THE DOLL PEOPLE, I went to Barnes and Noble to get this one. When they were out of stock I got it at a book sale. Any way, When Tiffany and Annabelle go with Auntie Sarah to the attic, they come back late, so Tiffany and Annabelle have to sneak into Kate's backpack. When they figure out they are at school, they try to get home, nut go into the wrong backpack. They end up at Callie and Bj's house, where they meet Mean Mimi, a menace to all doll kind! Can ...more
Elizabethcd96
Sep 30, 2010 rated it really liked it

One of the books that I read this trimester is The Meanest Doll In The World by: Ann M. Martin and Laura Godwin. It does not exactly say where this book takes place, but I never really think of the setting anyway! To me this book takes place in a town just like ours, in a regular home just like mine. This book has some pictures so I can visualize what things look like. The Meanest Doll In The World is the sequel to The Doll People so I knew who some of the characters are, because I read the
✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

It's always a pleasure reading about these living dollies, so tender and cute, and I feel guilty giving The Meanest Doll in the World only three stars and fiftyfive, but I have to be honest and I expected it to be a bit more satisfaying. I was waiting for a different ending, maybe. And I'm very PRETENTIOUS!
Is PDS real? I'm not sure...
Princess Mimi is no Chucky, and thank you very much, and nonetheless she had had a poor end.
Oh, well, I'm excited for the following installment! :)
HeavyReader
Apr 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book rocks! It is really cool to read a sequel that is as good as the original.

In this chapter of the living doll saga, Annabell and Tiffany, the two girl dolls, accidentally end up on a big adventure which takes them (gasp!) outside of the Palmer's house. This adventure also brings them in contact with the meanest doll in the world of the title.

What I appreciate most about this book is that the outcome was not predictable. I had no idea what might happen as I was reading. I found that
Katie Fitzgerald
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a review of the entire Doll People series, including The Doll People, The Meanest Doll in the World, The Runaway Dolls, The Doll People Set Sail, and The Doll People's Christmas.

When my mom came to visit just before Easter, she brought us paperback copies of all of the Doll People books. I have always wanted to read them, so I decided to just preview them all at once so that I will be ready to hand them to my oldest daughter whenever I think she is ready.

The main character of the series
Meaghan Steeves
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this doll people series! Ann M. Martin was always one of my most-read authors growing up and to be reading something by her other than the Babysitter's Club or Babysitter's Little Sister is just awesome. I'm really happy to call myself a big fan of hers. I plan to gradually collect this series as I know I'll read it over and over again and pass it along. :)
Emmy
Feb 15, 2019 added it
It's NOT SCARY!!!! it is really good even though people say its scary. THEY HAVENT READ THE BOOK!!
don't judge a book by its cover!!
Patrick
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Annabelle Doll and Tiffany Funcraft are back, and this story is even better than the first one.

With Aunt Sarah returned to the Doll family, she Annabelle and Tiffany continue their adventures and exploring of the home of their humans owners. On an especially longer exploration, the dolls realize they've stayed out to late. In the rush to get back to perspective homes, Tiffany and Annabelle have to dive into Kate's backpack to avoid being seen. Before they can get out, Kate's scooped up her
Elizabeth
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, realistic
The Meanest Doll in the World lacks some of the charm of The Doll People. The illustrations are as gorgeous as ever and the adventures are even more hair-raising, yet there’s still something missing. I’m going to guess that it’s because Meanest Doll has too many pithy statements and Annabelle spends too much time angsting over her uselessness and then goes on and on about “taking deep breaths.”

Basically, Meanest Doll is a little too pat with its message, to the point of overbearance. The Doll
Tiffany  Frial
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am on page 126 and I like this book because of the fascinating adventures. So far they have been in two backpacks, Kate and Nora's school and someone in Kate's class's house. In the house they meet many friends, and also a mean and bossy doll called Mean Mimi. At first they thought Mimi was nice , but now Mimi wants to destroy them and they try to protect themselves and everything they can't fix by the time the humans come home. if they aren't able to fix something they could go into Doll ...more
Catherine
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book starts out okay but then becomes inane and boring. I thought the first one was cute, but this one not so much.
Soul Glow
Apr 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
i really liked this book it is so good i read it 3 times its about a doll who has a best friend they end up in a baCK PACK WITH THEIR OWNER AND GO TO SCHOOL THERE THEY GO ON A ADVENTURE AND END UP N the wrong backpack and end up @ a wrong house
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

I don't think I put together that this was book two of the Doll People saga when I was younger. Regardless, this was another book that I read with fondness as a child, and it's safe to say that Mean Mimi still scares me...
Jennie
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-books
As an adult I found this book terribly silly, but most young girls would probably adore this story. Many children imagine their dolls and stuffed animals are secretly alive. This story indulges this fantasy and provides a lesson about friendship along the way.
Sara Khan
Apr 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to The Doll People. I recommend to not read this book if you haven't read the first one. You would not understand what is happening. This book is just so exciting and adventurous!
Erin Ramsay
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This scared me as a kid.
Elaine
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love the whole idea of dolls living in a world of thier own. Can you imagine turning your back and your dolls start moving? Wonderful *keep reading*
Maddie
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 9-11
Shelves: already-read
its about this doll who is really mean and the other dolls teach her a lesson(it sounds babyish but its not!!!)
☺Trish
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Another great fantasy story about living dolls from The Doll People series by Ann M. Martin. a sequel that's just as wonderful as the original and that's a rare feat. Looking forward to the next.
Danielle Routh
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading the reviews for this book, I can't help but feel that Goodreads reviews should be vetted somehow. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but rating this book 3 stars or lower because it's "scary" (spoiler alert: it's not, even when you're a kid), the conclusion is open-ended, or the illustrations are placed too randomly? Seems unfair.

Anyway, this was one of my favorites as a kid, and it holds up today. Something clever I noticed during this reread is how, in BJ's room, the books drawn
Cruth
Author: Laura Godwin & Ann M. Martin
Illustrator: Selznick, Brian
First Published: 2003

An interesting story exploring a number of areas, mostly well encouraging thought and discussion, but also subtly providing depth and interest.

Bullying
The whole point of the book is that Mean Mimi bullies other dolls, manipulates them to be her friends, torments those who aren't. She wants to be "Queen of the Dolls", and her rise is on the backs of others. Annabelle and Tiffany start off trying to "defeat"
Jessy Higgerson
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read the book The Meanest Doll in the World. This book is about a very disturbed doll that torments other dolls and puts the whole doll world at risk of being discovered. This is the second book in a series, called the Doll People, about a family of dolls that is living. If they are discovered they will go into Doll State, where the dolls cannot move for twenty-four hours. If what they do is really extreme, they can go into Permanent Doll State, which means they will no longer be living dolls. ...more
Zackdunn
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
in my honest opinion, this book is very dry. The book has no substance. there is not much character development. the character's personalities remain static. Some of the Author's grammar choices are not the greatest. There aren't any moments in the book that leaves you thinking. This book has a very predictable plot. The Author sticks to one topic for too long. The author spends too long explaining the current situation. some of her sentences are run on's. She, when listing things, uses the ...more
Astrid Lim
A cute sequel of the beloved Doll People series. This time, Anabelle and Tiffany were going into a bigger adventure- since they've gotten lost unexpectedly to another house, and met with various new characters. Somehow, this series, especially this second book, reminds me a lot of the Toy Story movies. In this book for example, Mean Mimi the bully feels like Lotso in the Toy Story 3. And Mimi's compatriots, the giant Sandra doll, looks like the giant Baby from the same Toy Story movie.

But
Anessa
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Picked up the first book in the doll series when I was younger and enjoyed the story! Am now picking up the sequels in my twenties and it makes me very nostalgic. Find it interesting that Annabelle brings up deep breathing exercises to deal with her anxiety. She’s also relatable with her desire to be more of certain traits like tiffani or her aunt when she has great desirable qualities of her own that she doesn’t necessarily see all the time
Carrie Lynn
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
We continue our journey with the Doll family that found them not only outside the Palmers house, but all the way to school and into another home entirely. We meet a bunch of other dolls (including some trolls that took me all the way back into my 90’s childhood) and a princess doll who can’t get her life together. Annabelle doll struggles with some anxiety and how to cope with it which really hit my 7 year old in all the ways a mother would want it to.
Trina
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this aloud to my 9 and 11 year old girls, and also their 5 year old brother. All three really liked it and grasped what was happening. They really liked the illustrations, too. However, there was an open ending that left them with a lot of questions...and we're not interested in reading the next book - if there is one.
Mary Jo
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I are reading this series together! We really enjoyed the first book “The Doll People” and this sequel is just as good. Really enjoyed that the story ventured to a new setting besides the Palmer family’s house. There are some good lessons about friendship, bravery and bullies.

I would give 4 1/2 stars instead of just four if I could.
Brooke Adams
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't remember how I found this book but even as a 23 year-old with 3 children of her own I still go back and re-read this series. It's just so unique and adorable! I absolutely love it. It's a all-time, forever favorite. I cannot wait to share it with my daughter when she is older she is only two right now. A must have!
The Meanest Doll in the world 14 26 Mar 10, 2012 01:26PM

• Awful End (Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #1)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Land of the Midnight Sun (Emily Windsnap, #5)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist (Emily Windsnap, #3)
  • Samantha's Boxed Set (The American Girls Collection/Boxed Set)
  • The Forgotten Door
  • The Dollhouse Murders
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • l8r, g8r (Internet Girls, #3)
  • The Sisters Grimm: A Very Grimm Guide
  • The Someday Suitcase
  • Couple Skills: Making Your Relationship Work
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey
  • The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (Dam Keeper, #3)
  • Monster High (Monster High, #1)
  • The Dam Keeper: World Without Darkness (Dam Keeper, #2)
  • The Doughnut Fix (The Doughnut Fix #1)
  • Behind the Bedroom Wall
  • The 39 Clues Collection (The 39 Clues, #1-4)

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood

Doll People (4 books)
  • The Doll People (Doll People, #1)
  • The Runaway Dolls (Doll People, #3)
  • The Doll People Set Sail (Doll People, #4)