Start by marking “Treasure for Treasure (Beings in Love #7)” as Want to Read:
Treasure for Treasure (Beings in Love #7)

Treasure for Treasure

(Being(s) in Love #7)

14 hours and 29 minutes.

A Being(s) in Love Story

In the nineteenth century, the dragon Dìzhèn put the small coastal town of Everlasting under her protection. Her family was supposed to carry on the tradition, but all of Dìzhèn the Great’s heirs eventually left rather than live in the shadow of such a powerful dragon.

Only the youngest dragon of the current generation remains
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 15 pages
Published May 8th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press LLC (first published December 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Treasure for Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasure for Treasure

Eugenia
.....3.3 Stars.......This is one of my favorite series. However, this was not one of my favorite books. Why? Two reasons.

First, let’s deal with the pacing. It was slow. I’m a big fan of the slow burn, and I don’t mind books that take their time heating up. The problem here was that a good chunk of this book felt repetitive, I didn’t see why we basically had to read the same scene over and over again:

Joe was hurt in high school, had his heart broken after swallowing the lies of a jock. He was la
Sofia

Another comfortable snuggle in the Being's World :D
YullSanna
За ненавязчивый сюжет и милых мне героев поставила бы оценку выше, но манера написания заставила снизить балл. Предложения длинные, разбиваются вводными и описаниями/сторонними мыслями, частая смена фокала- все это заставляло напрягаться и перечитывать один абзац по несколько раз. Поэтому книга показалась затянутой.
Chris, the Dalek King
Joe is kind of an outcast in the small town of Everlasting. His high school “boyfriend” was a bit of a closet-case (with a real asshole of a girlfriend) and Joe ended up being labeled all sorts of horrible things after they were found out. Even years later, after he has come back from his attempts to get away from his hometown by going to college, Joe is seen by everyone as that (mixed race) gay guy who lured that poor (rich) unsuspecting (white) boy into a (half) life of homosexuality with his ...more
Duck
I love this series. The world building is amazing. This one didn't work well for me. It's just too freaking LONG.

The first half of the book could have been pared down to probably a third of the length it was without losing impact. As it was I think the length of time Joe spent denying and Zarrin spent pining with neither one ever getting anywhere lessened the effect. There were several times that I just thought I'm putting this down, I can't finish it, but given this is R. Cooper I will soldier
Ery
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Utterly sweet and most enjoyable. I'm rather surprised few friends have read this. R. Cooper steadily moves up my must-read author listing. Recommend!
Barbara Cerda
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Review

Impressions
No matter the genre, I deeply enjoy a good tale. Hence, when I find an author gifted with weaving a character that steals my heart…I become an avid fan.

In my opinion, the eternal quest for unrequited love is a very old and over romanticized story line. To create compelling books about love that awakens the reader’s imagination and emotional attention requires masterful storytelling and a wise and loving spirit.

I have written in previous reviews of R Cooper’s romances that
Steph ☀️
***3.13 stars***

Okay, who doesn’t love a good paranormal romance, especially when it involves a dragon? I know, right!?! This is a story about two damaged characters destined for one another. Ridiculed and shunned throughout his life, Joe has built a wall around himself, not letting anyone close. Thought of as delicate and soft, Zarrin's family feels that he is a disgrace, which doesn’t bode well for him since he is a dragon.

While I did enjoy this story and all the complications between Zarrin
amomentsilence
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally received a preview of this book back in February (the 11th, I believe) and then never got a chance to get back to it or purchase the full thing. Luckily for me, earlier this week Amazon's ebook version of it went on sale and I was able to finally purchase it in its entirety.

And I'm so glad that I did.

While starting off a bit slow and little clunky, it quickly became an enthralling and captivating read that I just couldn't put down! I've spent the last couple days reading bits and pi
Gail Carriger
Please please please just ignore the horrible cover art. All of R. Cooper's Being(s) in Love books are so sweet and poignant, with prevailing themes of loneliness and cultural (usually human-to-fae) misunderstandings. Gentle HEAs, understated but lovely sex scenes. You do not have to read this series in order at all, just pick and choose whichever blurb interests you. You'll probably end up reading them all anyway. That's what happened to me. I started with (and loved) Treasure for Treasure, and ...more
Kathleen
I had to DNF this one. I was bored out of my mind at 21%, and didn't particularly like anyone! Just not my cuppa I guess, which is too bad because I adored A Boy and His Dragon.
Jessie Potts
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute, I love all these books, they seriously make me smile. Slow but deep world building, excellent characterization and of course the adorable love.
Ulysses Dietz
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Treasure for Treasure (Beings in Love)
By R. Cooper
Dreamspinner Press, 2016
Five stars

Maybe it’s because my own children are Chinese and Native American/Latinx, but the story arc of this book struck close to home. It had been a while since I’d come across one of Cooper’s magical love stories, books that have a distinct audience in mind and a style that is intensely romantic. The strangely drawn cover put me off a bit, but the story itself readily swept me up in its angst and emotional unease.

In th
Shelby
I do so love this series. And this book was adorable. I absolutely loved how awkward and unsure Zarrin was, but he was so determined to do right by his town. It's his. He knows he needs to step up and he's determined to do it. He may have been ridiculed by his family for being small and not dragon enough, but he's not going to let his town down. He's going to be their dragon, even if he doesn't think he can live up to his relatives legacy.

Watching Zarrin come in every day to the coffee shop to
Julesmarie
Lovely and sweet. It was delightful to get to be back in this world, and Zarrin and Joe are a great addition to the characters I've loved spending time with here.

Some Favorite Quotes:
"It's safe to hope when you're around the trees. The trees don't judge."

"May I please compliment you without interruption?"

"She let me collect stories about your childhood. They're mine now. Hers
and mine," he amended, begrudgingly.

"You're very stupid about this," Zarrin informed him. "But I forgive you because yo
Ornella (Nyx)
I think I cried for the first half and was misty eyed the second half. Beautiful story and beautiful characters!
Tiferet
If you like R Cooper's usual combo of cuteness and pining, and I do, then this is the best of hers yet, with utterly loveable characters and a fantastic setting.
Ali
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Audiobook Review:

Rating: 3.25 stars out of 5

This was a nice story. Joe has been hurt in the past and isn’t willing to trust that someone would really want him let alone a dragon. Zarrin isn’t sure what he is doing wrong but want to get to know his treasure and he ends up with an unexpected friend to help along the way.

Both Zarrin and Joe were so sweet. Both of them have been hurt before in different ways but it make them both vulnerable and th
Lisa The Novel Approach
Like the other Being(s) in Love books, Treasure for Treasure uses an urban fantasy backdrop to explore wonderfully romantic boy-meets-boy stories with a bit of a twist. My favorite book in the series before this was A Boy and His Dragon—I adore Cooper’s dragons—and I honestly doubted I’d find something that compared. This one didn’t top that one, but it certainly tied it! That’s very high praise!

Zarrin the dragon is used to being the odd one out. Heir to a line known for wealth and power, he has
Elaine White
Okay, so I have a lot to say, it's late and I don't have much battery, so I need to be quick.

First off, in many ways, this story reaffirmed my love of this series, after the previous book didn't work for me. It has all the magic and the glow and the shine and the love that I loved of the first few books in the series. It's a dual POV, which is the best because it lets us see both sides of the story.

But, we'll come back to the positive. I want to get the negatives out the way, to explain why it's
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

4.5 Stars - I love this world of beings among humans and I especially loved this story set among the majestic redwoods. It’s the tale of a dragon finding his place in the world and claiming his poor, lonely boy.

Although I found it felt long compared to the actual length of the book, I did enjoy seeing Zarrin muddle his way through the human world. I loved watching him try and make friends with Joe though it broke my heart when he was so confused by Joe’s
Lyn Forester
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R. Cooper once more presents us with a wonderful story of love. Zarrin's need to be recognized, and his hope to be accepted and beneficial to the small town he oversees is sweet and frequently had me misty eyed. Joe's slow realization that Zarrin is more than an arrogant dragon is beautiful to watch. The disconnect between a dragon's understanding and a human's is heart-wrenching at times. It builds silent misunderstandings that hurt the relationship, both between Zarrin and Joe, and between Zar ...more
Serena Yates
Each of the books set in the magical, supernatural world of R. Cooper’s ‘Being(s) In Love’ series is special in its own way. Whether it is fairies or werewolves or dragons or the humans some of them get involved with, I love all of their special rules with unforeseen consequences. Whether their mates are of the same species or whether they have to cope with cross-species rules on top of their personal issues and hang-ups, none of their relationships have been easy. Dragons, however, still hold a ...more
Lada
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very slooooow (as in it took me 3 days to finish this book) burn romance between shy dragon and insecure human. The essence of this story was sweet, but it was buried under 129K words. Patience was sorely needed to finish this one.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Reviewed on The Blogger Girls

Joe has lived in Everlasting his entire life. He may have moved away for college but he came back and is now a barista at a coffee shop. Zarrin’s ancestor claimed Everlasting as hers and ever since then, her descendants have been tasked with protecting the small town. Unfortunately, no dragon has really done their duty so when Zarrin takes it upon himself to get to know the town and be there for his humans, it allows him to see a whole new side to things he
Katherine
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, romance
A return to dragons in the being in love series!

Zarrin is the youngest dragon of a powerful line, and the weakest there has been in generations. He cannot hold his own treasure and so has returned to his great grandmothers land to live by her treasure and watch over it. This encompasses the town of Everlasting and the Preserve where he grew up. But Zarrin is all alone with no family, no friends, and very little interaction with humans. When he begins venturing into town he falls for a barista an
Rin
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

I started this book quite a while back actually but never really got around to finishing it till now. The main reason was that I was getting quite frustrated with the misunderstandings between humans and dragons. But I'm really glad that I finally picked it back up because the second half of the book was worth it.

Zarrin was a dragon who didn't seem to have a lot of self-confidence but he wanted to try his best. His only companion, Bernard (an elf) had recently left and he was also really
Sunny
4.5
Most charming version of 'Mine!' I've ever read. R. Cooper makes you work for it, though, with the need to read between the lines and having to wait as information is dribbled out, but it is so worth it.

I loved Zarrin, that shy dragon who, once he got his hands on his treasure, wasn't so shy anymore. Such a complex character. Adorable and sweet, unsure of his place but so very determined to protect the town and his treasure, that determination revealing itself in a lovely dominant way, as an
Grace
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this may be my favorite in the series so far, which is awesome! And considering my second favorite is book #2, I think it's safe to say I think this author really shines in this 'verse when writing about dragons.

Maybe because, of all of her creatures, the dragons feel the most uniquely hers, that I think these two books are by far the most compelling.

I loved everything about this book. The main characters, the romance, the supernatural aspect, the slow build, the amazing side characters.
Manlove
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had been languishing unread on my Kindle since it was initially published but when I downloaded the next book in the series this weekend I realized I had to go back and read this first (lol, yes, I'm a firm believer that things. must. be. read. in. order. Order!). I'm happy I waited until I was in the right mood because I really enjoyed it. What can I say? Sometimes timing is everything in helping me enjoy a book!

Anyway, I think this was the first book set in this particular town and I like
  • Lukos Heat
  • A Counselor Among Wolves (Leader Murders, #2)
  • Stealing the Dragon (The Dragon's Hoard, #3)
  • Betrothed: A Faery Tale
  • Songs of the Earth (Sumeria's Sons #2)
  • Chosen Pride (L'Ange, #3)
  • Locked (Telluric Realm, #1)
  • Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • Moondrop
  • Derivation  (Aberrant Magic, #2)
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Thick as Thieves (Thick as Thieves, #1)
  • Camp H.O.W.L.
I'm a somewhat absentminded, often distracted, writer of queer romance. I'm probably most known for the Being(s) in Love series and the occasional story about witches or firefighters in love. Also known as, "Ah, yes, the one with the dragons."

Feel free to friend me on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr.

Twitter: @rispacooper
Facebook: @thealmightyris
Tumblr: sweetfirebird.tumblr.com

Or just visit my websit

Being(s) in Love (9 books)
  • Some Kind of Magic (Beings In Love #1)
  • A Boy and His Dragon (Beings in Love #2)
  • A Beginner's Guide to Wooing Your Mate (Beings in Love #3)
  • Little Wolf  (Beings in Love, #4)
  • The Firebird and Other Stories (Beings in Love, #5)
  • A Dandelion for Tulip (Beings in Love, #6)
  • His Mossy Boy (Beings in Love, #8)
  • Sweet Clematis (Beings in Love #9)