Jump to ratings and reviews

Untamed Hearts

Fleeing her wavering feelings for her fiancé, Taryn Ashford boards a westbound train to visit relatives. Her journey awakens unbridled passion with the dangerously handsome, Jared King. When Jared is accused of murder, she is faced with providing him an alibi at the risk of her own reputation. Did he use her to save himself or can she trust her heart – and him - to discover the truth? A truth they must work together to reveal.

Gunman, shooter, the brand is Jared King’s life. His skill with a gun creates an existence forever searching – searching every face for the bounty hunter in constant pursuit, for the settled life he is certain he will never find and for one woman’s love. Taryn Ashford, jeopardizes his need to remain emotionally detached. She represents the happiness denied him, but if he pursues her, will he risk both their lives?

412 pages, Paperback

3 books93 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 (14%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
Profile Image for Karren  Sandercock .
772 reviews150 followers
July 9, 2022
Taryn Ashford lives in Chicago, she’s engaged to Brad and at eighteen it’s a big decision getting married. She decides to visit her aunt Gwen in Texas, they own a large cattle ranch, and it will give her time to think about her future. On the long train journey she meets two people Mrs. Etta Briggs a middle aged lady and a handsome cowboy Mr. Jared King.

Of course her parents Madeline and Dennis follow her to Texas and so does her fiancée. He’s putting pressure on Taryn to return to Chicago, he hates the ranch, he wants to get married sooner, and further his banking career. But after meeting Jared, Taryn feels a connection to him, he makes her heart flutter and Brad doesn't.

Jared King is a gambler, he's on the run from a persistent bounty hunter and for a crime he didn’t commit. When Jared is accused of murder, Taryn provides him with an alibi, it ruins her reputation, and her parents are furious. Jared is used to not being in one place for long, constantly looking over his shoulder, and he’s not sure if he’s ready to settle down? He hasn’t met a woman like Taryn before, he doesn’t want to put her in danger, together they need to clear his name, catch the real killer, and so they can follow their hearts.

I received a copy of Untamed Hearts by Colleen O’Connell from NetGalley and The Wild Rose Press in exchange for an honest review. Your classic western romance, with a handsome loner and a young woman overcoming the obstacles in their path and falling in love. If you like a steamy historical romance story, with a murder to solve, I recommend this book, and four stars from me.
Profile Image for April.
1,839 reviews66 followers
June 17, 2018
Untamed Hearts by Colleen O'Connell is an interesting and satisfying Western Historical read. A wonderful and talented debut author, in my opinion.
This is the story of Taryn Ashford. headed westbound to visit relatives, while fleeing her fiance and Jared King, handsomely dangerous, branded a gunman, and shooter, looking over his shoulder for bounty hunters.
Steady paced with engaging and charming characters. Danger, murder, adventure, love, risks to the heart and learning the truth, will keep readers turning pages well into the night. A satisfying and enjoyed Historical Western Romance. I look forward to reading more from this author.
"I voluntarily received a complimentary copy, however,  these are my honest opinions. I was in no way required nor compensated to write a review."

Rating: 4
162 reviews3 followers
August 4, 2018
" Untamed Hearts "A very good Western Historical Romance ...Colleen has a simple style of writing...this story was well written & presented...Though the story is predictable it was interesting ...it has action, Romance,passion , suspense ...
This story ia about Taryn Ashford who wants to experience life before she gets married , so she boards a westbound train to visit relatives. On the way she meets Jared King ( Gunman , Shooter) who awakens passion ,intense feelings ....Both of them fall in love against all odds. circumstances life throws at them...

There is adventure ,murder , sizzling chemistry... The secondary characters are also quite interesting & synch well with the Story ... I Recommend it at least a once read u wont get bored... I would definitely love to read more of Colleen's books...

319 reviews
August 5, 2018
I was grateful to receive a free copy of Untamed Hearts in exchange for an honest review. I've read thousands of books, and I have to say this was one of the best books ever.

I loved everything about Jared and Taryn and the story...well let's just say it was very well thought out and clever. The author, Colleen O'Connell did an amazing job
introducing characters and plot development. Without spoiling the finale, it deviated from the normal, and provided a completely unexpected ending. Well done. I will definitely be looking for more books from Ms. O'Connell. She set the bar high with this one. My only regret is I can't give Untamed Hearts a higher rating.
Profile Image for Terryan.
595 reviews
May 12, 2022
She is about to board a train and escapi9ng her fiancé so she can work out her true feelings. He is a gunslinger escaping a bounty hunter who has no idea what he really looks like. They meet when about to board the train and both play the part of husband and wife to confuse the bounty hunter. Aboard the train the same ruse continues until they arrive at their destination. Things happen and eventually the ruse becomes real.
Profile Image for Moony (Captain Mischief) MeowPoff.
1,493 reviews128 followers
July 28, 2019
It was an okay read for me. I got somewhat annoyed with Taryn and how she acted and behaved and in the end i didn't like her much, but also Jared didn't warm up to me. He was just very annoying.
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.