Start by marking “Remember That Night” as Want to Read:
Remember That Night

Remember That Night

(Taking Chances #4)

Darcy Quinn doesn’t do sloppy seconds—even if they are her own. She has reinvented herself just in time for college and is determined to show the world she is stronger than ever so no one can hurt her again…especially Derrick Rhodes.

For as long as he can remember, Derrick’s only wanted two things: to play college ball and to be Darcy’s man. This all came to a crashing ha
Published August 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Remember That Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember That Night

Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
I tried.
I really did.
I really did try to finish this book but alast I DNF-ed it after 54%

I really hate DNF-ing a book.I usually stick through it even when I know I'm not going to really enjoy reading it. But sadly for me, Remember That Night was a struggle for me.
Honestly speaking, I stopped reading after the first few chapters but after a day I decided to give it a try. I found myself getting annoyed and at times bored out of my mind, so I stopped once again... I tried reading through the book
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
This review was originally posted on As Told By TinaI received this book for free from Katrina Marie in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Remember That Night is the fourth book in the Taking Chances series. Each one could be read as a standalone but if you want to read this one, I suggest reading Cruel and Beautiful Life to full understand this book. Plus there is some spoilers from the other books so proceed with caution.

Darc
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Remember That Night is a cute, sweet, laid back read that’s easy to find yourself relaxing into. Low on the drama and very much a clean read I can safely say if you prefer your romance sweet and clean this is your new favorite book! While not quite my typical taste, Katrina Marie’s wonderful writing pulled me in and I found myself enjoying every word.
Darcy and Derrick were both pretty easy to love, flaws and all. Both young and lacking a bit in self esteem for different reasons they both grow t
Isha Coleman
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Remember That Night (Taking Chances #4) by Katrina Marie
For Derrick and Darcy two steps forward equals two steps back and neither one will allow themselves to be left behind. What began as young love becomes adult heartache. Learning to make one's way in the world is hard. The journey is emotional, difficult and unstoppable. Remember That Night reminds readers about life, love and finding themselves. Take a walk down memory lane with a wonderful tale that is as relatable as it is heartwarming.
Kathy Rouchelle
This was a well written book with a sweet story line revolving around a young High School couple who have grown up and are now attending college. Watch the words grown up because there were many times that I felt that Darcy was still in High School rather than in her second year of college. Her body may have grown, but her maturity level at times seemed to have stayed home. Nevertheless, the boy who she gave her heart to, the one who broke it with no reason why, is now attending the same college ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Katrina Marie is a new to me author, and I'm hooked to her talented writing style that I found highly addictive. Remember That Night is a sweet & clean read about young love that I enjoyed immensely. It's about two people, Derrick and Darcy, who are trying to make the jump from High School to College with life's complications added in. The insecurities that dog a young person, like Darcy hiding nerdy tendencies, is thrown in. Or juggling winning your girl back while trying to make the basket ...more
AC Squared Book Blog
This story was so good! I'm loving this series so much! There were so many layers to Derrick and Darcy and I couldn't wait to peel them away with this book. Katrina did an amazing job telling their story and always keeping us on our toes while doing it.

After seeing Darcy's reaction to seeing Derrick in Cruel and Beautiful World, I could not wait to see what their story was! I love that Darcy really made Derrick work to talk to her again. Loved even more about how patient Derrick was. The heartbr
Noel
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving Forward.

Moving forward is a hard thing to do, moving forward after not knowing what happened, after not getting a real ending is even harder.
The trust issues and everything that comes along with them, are soul shattering and we'll they change a person.
But what do you do when you are forced in ways to interact with the one person you never want to see again? The person who caused everything? Who made you question everything inside you? Who broke you?

Moving forward is never an easy process
Sharon Jones
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
This is my first book by Katrina Marie, and I thought it was a well written sweet romance. Derrick and Darcy are at that in between age - no longer children but not quite adults either. And at times their actions or words reflect that. Darcy comes across as the more immature one out of the two, and there were times I just wanted to shake or yell at her to stop acting the way that she was.
This brought major flashbacks to myself at the same age,
Brandy Roberts
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Remember the night was a good read everything about the story drew me into what was going on with the characters and wanting them to find a happy ending . This would be the first book that I've read by Katrina Marie and it was a interesting experience I always love finding new authors and exploring there work . This was a sweet romance light with little drama and strong connection with the couple you can just feel how they felt for one another .
copy provided for honest review
******************
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an enthralling YA story that gets to the heart of a conflict. Derrick and Darcy dated before but one date he misses leaving Darcy to rethink her feelings not only about him but boys in general. Making changes before she goes on to college she never expected to come across Derrick in one of her classes. She tries to ignore his presence but he is persistent wanting to explain himself and when her back. Is there hope when Darcy only wants to forget and put it all behind?

I received a free co
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time I have read any of this authors’ work, and it will certainly not be the last. This is the fourth book in this series, and is Darcy and Derrick’s story. This is a well written story, which is sweet and cure, and takes the reader on a rollercoaster journey as these two work to overcome the past. I look forward to reading more of this authors’ work and highly recommend for all readers.
Kimberly
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story is a good clean romance that shows that love doesn't need to be defined or clouded by sex. The characters are good. The story is a good tale that is relatable and heartwarming read.

wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
This was a first for me reading this author but I was not disappointed. This was a laid back, cute story about growth and love. Darcey and Derrick have an instant connection but they grow on it and their relationship is like an onion with many layers. It was sweet and loving and I truly enjoyed it.
Lenda Burns
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story has it all with many quirks and of course a HEA!
Darcy and Derrick have a lot of issues to solve and I enjoyed reading about their solutions.
I hope to read more books by Katrina Marie as she is an awesome writer.
Melanie Helms
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute book and I loved it. I loved Darcy's geekiness I was kinda jealous of her wardrobe of geekiness shirts. Derrick for not giving up on them. It was great and amazing to see or hear from a few of the past book characters.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Darcy was a hard person to like in this story. I'm sure that some it was because she is inexperienced. She changed who she was because of a misunderstanding. I knew then that she was too much. You NEVER change who are especially if it makes you happy. Thankfully her and Derrick got everything worked out in the end.
Courtney Ward
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely amazing!!! It was my first go at one of Katrina’s books and now i need to go read the rest! You can feel the angst and longing in her characters! Not only is this a great entertaining book, I think there is a lesson to be taken away from it as well! I’ll leave it at that, as not to spoil it, but do yourself a favor and read this book!
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was fantastic. The storyline kept me hooked from the beginning to the end. I would definitely recommend this book to other readers.
Katrina Marie
May 25, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited to share Darcy and Derrick's story with you!

Sign up for the cover reveal & release blitz >> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Darcy and Derrick dated once before, only on the night of one of those dates Darcy was stood up and decided she needed to make a change in her life before going away to college.
A year later, their best friends are dating and Derrick wants to win Darcy back, he wants to tell her what happened that night he stood her up at the restaurant. Will Darcy be able to forgive Derrick? Will she be willing to give him a second chance at a relationship?
This is the first book I have read by Katrina Marie and
Teri
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this sweet look at romance from a young persons eyes. Funny when you get older how little impact the small things have. However in Darcy's defense EVERYTHING is important when your heart is involved and young love is so complicated. This is a great YA read in that it's a clean read about young love. The complications that life can through at you. The insecurities of self which of course complicate everything, especially when your environment is shifting in this case from high school to co ...more
Caitlin Audet
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

A stood up date, a broken heart, a girl determined to leave mistakes in the past. Remember That Night by Katrina Marie is a clean, sweet mix between coming of age, a romance, and accepting who you are whether others do or not. This was my first book of hers with it being a standalone, but is also part of a series with the different characters showing up throughout.

I like how quickly Remember That Night jumps into the storyline. Usually I like h
Marie Bourgery
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcy is the geeky nerd and Derrick is the basketball jock when they meet and date before the start of college. They have a big date night planned when Derrick stands Darcy up. He tries to call and text later to tell her why, but she won’t take his messages. Fast forward a year later and Derrick is going to the same college as Darcy and rooming with her best friend Cami’s boyfriend Travis. Derrick wants to get back with Darcy, but she wants nothing to do with him. When he tells he stood her up b ...more
Stacey Gomez
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, the complete feels...

The story of Darcy and Derrick, which I believe started after high school for these two characters. This is a coming of age story. Where the romance stopped after one night that change their lives. Then they met up again in college after a year. Darcy was bitter to Derrick and was trying to ignore him but Derrick was persistent to talk to her to clear up what happened that one night chat. I liked this story, not a lot of drama, mixed with cute swoony moments.

Oops, I fo
MJM
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcy has changed her life now that she is in college and she is determined to be the very best she can be and not to be hurt any more by Derrick. He lost his football career and Darcy a year ago. However, he has 'dusted himself off' and set his mind to pursuing his desires - his career and regaining Darcy's trust and love again. He knows it's not going to be easy but that it will be worth it all if he succeeds. Beautifully written by Katrina Marie who is a new author to me. This is the fourth b ...more
Yatarika Ally
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darcy and Derrick have a rocky relationship, first they dated in high school and them there was a big misunderstanding between the characters. I struggled reading their story at first with how immature Darcy was behaving and holding grudges. I got through the story and got to see the characters grow and mature. Darcy has a habit of running whenever things don't go her way or the way she expects, but other characters call her out on her behavior. It was great to see the other characters from this ...more
Brandie Breaux
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcy was first introduced to us in "Cruel and Beautiful World," and I'm so glad that we got to know her more in this story. She was a great secondary character who definitely deserved to have her story told...even though there were many times that I wanted to just yell at her. Derrick was perfect...even though he made mistakes. It was obvious how deeply his feelings ran for Darcy throughout the entire story. I'm a sucker for second-chance romance stories, and this one did not disappoint. Anothe ...more
Ree
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remember That Night is a cute YA romance about how easily miscommunication and misunderstandings can damage an otherwise perfect relationship.

I like my romances with lots of steam, but the way the author wove this sweet, clean romance didn't make me miss it all.

Darcy & Derrick's story can be mostly enjoyed as a standalone, though there are references to other characters from previous books.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Jeanne Richardson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the 1st book I've read written by Katrina Marie; she has done an excellent job at writing a good book. I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.
Katrina Marie lives in the Dallas area with her husband, two children, and fur baby. She is a lover of all things geeky and Gryffindor for life. When she’s not writing you can find her at her children’s sporting events, or curled up reading a book.

Taking Chances (8 books)
  • Welcome to Your Life (Taking Chances #1)
  • Cruel and Beautiful World (Taking Chances #2)
  • Ways to Go (Taking Chances #3)
  • My Only Wish is You (Taking chances #5)
  • From This Moment