Start by marking “Embers of Anger (Embattled Hearts Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Embers of Anger (Embattled Hearts Book 1)

Embers of Anger (Embattled Hearts Book 1)

Ella Grace Whitford was Southern charm at its finest until the war hit. Her hometown felt sure their Southern boys would protect them, but they were wrong. Suddenly, she is on her own, with limited resources and the care of her little brother and his new puppy. Nothing was as she had known it, and everything she believed in was about to be challenged.

Colonel Jackson Ross
Published May 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Embers of Anger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embers of Anger

Ivy H
He was a Yankee, but he was her Yankee.

Anna St. Claire. Embers of Anger (Embattled Hearts Book 1) (Kindle Location 3783). Kindle Edition.

What a wonderful, sweet, heartwarming and lovely romance novel this was ! I'm no expert when it comes to the American Civil War so my review is only based on my enjoyment of the story. In the last few years or so I've limited my reading of civil war era historicals because they usually tend to be filled with too much angst, rape, horrific brutality etc. However, th
Lauren Smith
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Delightful and romantic...will make you swoon

I absolutely loved this story. Jackson and Ella were a sizzling and yet sweet couple. The author did a great job pf pulling me into the war torn south and showed the realistic struggles of everyone to survive. I loved the passion between Ella and Jackson. It was a slow burn romance that felt real and so well developed. Its hard to find goof civil war romances so ill be reading more from this author!
Alina
This was pretty good. I liked the hero and the heroine, and I loved the little brother and the dog. It was a good balance between the romance and the war. I am not sure how accurate it is but it was an entertaining read
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
I suppose I'm the odd one out with this book. I finished it three days ago and I've already pretty much forgot about it. Usually, I'm okay with books that have formulaic plots. If the writing and characters are good, mixed with witty banter or something a little more interesting in the mix. This however, in my opinion did not have writing that appealed to me. It felled very wooden.

For example, the dialogue was unrealistic, and the words did not flow very well. I understand that 150 y
Judy
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Embers of Anger by Anna St. Claire
Embattled Hearts Series Book One
Ella Grace Whitford really hates those darn Yankees. They've taken over her town of New Bern, North Carolina. Her brother left home to fight them. Her father left to supposedly find her brother. And she is left at Silver Moon to keep things going with the few workers, she refuses to think of them as slaves, that haven't run off and to care for her young brother. And now? Now the Yankees are going to take over her home!
Pat
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brand new author with a kickass book! What does a genteel lady do when surrounded by sworn enemies who decide to occupy her home in the middle of a war? AND the hero is also a handsome hunk who is also compassionate and kind? What side will you be on - North or South?

This story was very well written with very interesting, well-developed and likable characters. The story has a nice blend of drama and suspense along with lovely romance. The story held my interest from start to finish
Jessica
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is well written, I will say that right off the bat. The characters were amazing, plot was good, plenty of intrigue, and a bit of romance. There are something’s that I would love to have. I would like to know more about the Battle of New Bern. There was some background that was missing throughout the story. It’s like we come in halfway through the story. Now, bear in mind, I am a Civil War nut. I enjoy reading the battle scenes. Don’t shy away from them...they add the depth that and bac ...more
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
Anna St. Claire brings romance to an otherwise heartbreaking time period during the Civil War. The story follows the heroine, Ella a stout supporter of the South and dead against anything Union, including handsome soldiers.

Ella's lack of protection since her town was taken over by the enemy puts her at risk for danger. I loved the setting and time period. Ella did take some time getting used to, let's say her stubbornness is the main deterrent. However, it's when she meets Colonel Jackson Ross,
Tricia Froese
Anna St. Claire You did it again! Beautiful love story. Well written with a spark that ignites the reader with the desire to read on and on. Great romantic love!
Freda Lowe
Jul 18, 2018
Stephanie Bookloversmith
Mar 20, 2019
Anna
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Heidi Lenhart
Kimberly Treamer
Oct 15, 2018
Jena Johnson
Oct 16, 2018
Anna St. Claire is an avid reader, and now author, of both American and British historical romance. She and her husband live in Charlotte, North Carolina, where their once empty nest has a cat and two dogs. They have also just become grandparents.

Anna relocated from New York to the Carolinas as a child. Her mother, a retired English and History teacher, always encouraged Anna's interes