Start by marking “Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)” as Want to Read:
Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)

Narwhal's Otter Friend

(Narwhal and Jelly #4)

Narwhal and Jelly . . . and Otty?! Exuberant Narwhal and skeptical Jelly test the waters of adding a new friend to their pod when they meet Otty the super-adventurous otter in the fourth book of this blockbuster early graphic novel series!

Dive into three new stories about the joy of adventure and the power of friendship! In the first story, Otty the otter makes her debut s
Published February 5th 2019 by Tundra Books

Start your review of Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
Scottsdale Public Library
Another great edition to the Narwhal and Jelly Book series! There is a new animal friend in town, Otty (the otter) who is a self-proclaimed explorer. Narwhal is so happy to make a new friend and plan an epic adventure together. However, Jelly soon starts to feel left out and decides to find a new friend out of jealously. Filled with laugh out loud moments, fun animal facts, puns galore, and a great story of friendship, Narwhal's Otter Friend is a must read for kids and adults alike.
-Jenny L.
Susan
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very cute children's book!
Darla
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another stellar addition to the Narwhal and Jelly series. These graphic novels are just perfect for early readers and will give them some laughs as well as some punny sayings to share with their friends. So, "seas the day," and go pick up this new Narwhal and Jelly book at your local library. If you haven't met this awesome twosome yet, you can also explore the seas with them in their three previous graphic novels. Ahoy, Adventure!
Lana
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Narwhal and Jelly Book and I am not sure how that’s happened! This story has some of my favorite sea animals; otters, turtles, jelly fish and of course, a waffle-loving narwhal! It includes a super cute lesson on friendship in the story too, that it’s ok to have more than one friend!
One of the interesting facts I learned from this graphic novel is that a group of otters is called a raft! How cool is that?! We have a family of otters not far from where we camp and had so much fu
Donna
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely puntastic read. I am always amazed how much emotion is conveyed with such clean illustrations. Narwhal and Jelly's friendship is tested with the arrival of Otter and his array of oceanic adventure stories.

Ben Clanton has a wealth of stories and whimsy to share with the inclusion of a graphic novel in the graphic novel - Superwaffle and Strawberry sidekick have a side splitting adventure too.

If you've enjoyed Mo Willems' Elephant and Piggie series then try Narhal and Jelly ... even bet
orangerful
Another fun addition to this series. Great way to talk about how it feels when your best friend has a new friend.

It will also make you want waffles, but that is normal for this series.

Great early intro to chapter books for Elephant and Piggie fans ready to take the next step.
laura (bookies & cookies)
My most anticipated book of 2019. Wow. (No but actually, these sea creatures make me the happiest)
Josie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love me some Narwhal and Jelly..
What will happen when there is a new friend in Narwhal's life..... you'll have to read to find out.
Feelings ; )
Elizabeth
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of these adorable books. Otty is a great addition to the cast of characters, and teaches Jelly a lesson in friendship and jealously. My favorite line was when Narwhal said "I think Waffles! Waffles! Waffles! would make a great motto," because I 100% agree.
Stefanie
can you give any Narwhal book less than 5 stars!
Shari (colourmeread)
eARC received from publisher in exchange for an honest review

I love adorable illustrations, so it’s no surprise that I’ve followed Narwhal and Jelly in their adventures from the beginning. Clanton’s drawings and humour continue to be a delight and I specially loved that this instalment included facts about otters and jellyfish. Narwhal’s Otter Friend was a fun-tastic read with otterly charming characters. It’s full of water-ful puns too!
Ruth
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. They're funny, puntastic, and you always learn about a new sea animal each time. Did you know that sea otters all have favorite rocks for clam smashing and they keep their favorite rock tucked under a fold of skin in their forearm when they aren't using it? Well you do now, and I know it because I read this book. My kid finds this series funny, too, and even though he's probably too old for it, I love listening to him laugh over all the puns.
Shari
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We love Narwhal and Jelly books so much! I love the non-preachy way that each book handles friendship issues. In this one, Jelly thinks he has lost his best friend because Narwhal likes Otter so much. Of course, Jelly’s fears are proven wrong, and the story shows that all three can be friends. This is a simple concept, but told in a humorous and relatable way for young kids. My 6 year old loves these books, but so do my 3rd graders!
Alix
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Michael and I really love reading these out loud together. They are super adorable. I loooove otters, but the plot of this one was super similar to the last one. Granted, I get Jelly's recurrent insecurity (is it bad to relate to a cartoon jellyfish?).

These are cute and funny and fast and full of fun (and waffles).
Tara
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otter is a cute new friend for Narwhal and Jelly, and this book has the same silly sense of humor and fun adventures as the rest of the series. Jelly deals with jealousy, Otter shares stories of life as an explorer, and of course, there are waffles.
Emily
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, kiddo-books
I love Narwhal and Jelly's adventures. This one has an otter, and he's Otterly adorable!

I love the mermaid Otty met, she's like an otter with a fish butt. And Jelly's interaction with the turtle on the way to a shellebration.

Just cute!
Theresa Grissom
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kids at my school library LOVE this series!! They will enjoy this one just as much as the first three.
Azra Benić
May 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have read all the books in this series and I wont be reading any after this
LiteraryJenny
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
This was very cute- these are very silly books, but awfully cute. I love that they have nonsense words that kids have to sound out. My daughter has never been one to really get the various phonics rules; she stubbornly learned to read by memorizing words. So, this was fun because it made her figure out the nonsense words instead of just memorizing them.

Illustrations are adorable, my 8 year old still thought this series was cute. :)
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
We both really love this series. Plus Narwhals are awesome so what’s not to love? I am trying to expose Eleanor to all different kinds of books and this definitely fits the graphic novel, or is a precursor at least.

Eleanor says: jelly gets jealous because Narwhal meets a new friend. He thinks Narwhal is not his friend anymore, but finds out that is not true.
Etienne
Dec 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Can't understand the outstanding reviews this book has. It isn't funny, it isn't really good neither and I start to get bored after 10 pages. Not for me!
Sarah Krajewski
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still otterly love this series!
Alisha
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Narwal's in space!

As always, a very cute early-reader graphic novel. Includes some fun facts about otters and jellyfish.

Great for ages 5-8 (or 35)
Jean
Wow, that was an ADHD ride. These books have always been on the hyper side, but this one was more out of control. The puns nearly killed me.
Erika
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Narwhal, Jelly, an Otter - what else could you need? (If your answer is a crab, don’t worry, there’s one of those too.)
Cheryl
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Seas the day!"
"Ahoy, adventure!"

Read this series. Preferably in order in a limited span of time because some of the jokes are even funnier if you know what they're referencing back to.
Callie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
how ADORABLE was this?!
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Somewhere on the interwebs today, I heard about this book, which features my two favorite animals so of course I had to read it. It was as adorable as you would expect.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Bo and the Dragon-Pup (Unicorn Diaries, #2)
  • Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths
  • Unicorn Bowling (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #9)
  • Sparkly New Friends (Unicorn and Yeti, #1)
  • It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
  • It's Me, Two (Catwad, #2)
  • The Unicorn Whisperer (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #10)
  • Baloney and Friends
  • Eva's Campfire Adventure: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #12)
  • Camping with Unicorns (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #11)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • Scaredy Squirrel at Night
  • Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach
  • Eva's Big Sleepover: A Branches Book (Owl Diaries #9)
  • Virtual Unicorn Experience (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #12)
  • Bo's Magical New Friend (Unicorn Diaries #1)
  • Aesop's Fables: The Complete Collection
  • Fire!
Ben Clanton is the author/illustrator of such books as Something Extraordinary, Rex Wrecks It!, Mo's Mustache, Vote for Me!, and The Table Sets Itself. When Ben isn't doodling up stories (and often when he is) he likes to cook, explore outdoors, and play basketball. Ben lives in Seattle, WA with his wife and goldendoodle pup. Find out more about Ben at www.benclanton.com. ...more

Narwhal and Jelly (5 books)
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly, #1)
  • Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly, #2)
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #3)
  • Happy Narwhalidays (a Narwhal and Jelly Book #5)

News & Interviews