Start by marking “Young Whit and the Traitor's Treasure (Young Whit #1)” as Want to Read:
Young Whit and the Traitor's Treasure (Young Whit #1)

Young Whit and the Traitor's Treasure

(Young Whit #1)

Nine-year-old John Avery Whittaker and his family have just moved to the small town of Provenance, North Carolina. It's the 1930s, the midst of the Great Depression.

Johnny's father has taken a position as a professor at nearby Duke University. Now Johnny must not only deal with a new school, new friends, and a new bully, but also a decades-old scandal that has taname?rnish
Published September 4th 2018 by Focus on the Family Publishing (first published September 2018)

Start your review of Young Whit and the Traitor's Treasure (Young Whit #1)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
YOUNG WHIT AND THE TRAITOR'S TREASURE is epic! Mom started reading this to my younger sister while I was doing my piano lessons. Needless to say, my hands might have rested on the keys, but not a note was played. I was hooked on YOUNG WHIT AND THE TRAITOR'S TREASURE by the prologue! Then I begged to be able read the chapters to my sister - and I must admit, I read ahead and finished it, and read it again and again, three times already. I *love* this story. It is SO good!

My older siblings were ra
J.E. Grace
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Young Whit is a wonderfully well-written children's adventure tale that takes place in the 1930's in Provenance, N.C. Whit's father is a professor at Duke University.

The story is full of action, new relationships, bullies, mystery and suspense. As an adult, I enjoyed reading Young Whit and was captivated by Whit's intellect and ability to solve mysteries. His humor was also enjoyable.

The other characters were well-developed and added depth to the story. The ending was amazing, setting up the adv
Kaelyn
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! It was intriguing and very well written!! If you are a book nerd and an AIO nerd, please read this!!
YOU WILL LOVE IT! :D
Amy Bradsher
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My daughter has loved every product in the Adventures in Odyssey line that we’ve used, and so she was excited to hear that there was a new book series releasing. We enjoy the positive messages, exciting sound effects, and faith references, but Young Whit & the Traitor’s Treasure is a book unlike any of their other products – and we loved it.

Firstly, this book is intended for young kids – Amazon lists the book for kids ages seven and up. It’s not your typical young reader, though. It’s a historic
Janelle Cole
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Did you curl up next to the radio about 7:30 listening to Adventures in Odyssey when you were a kid? Did your kids?

Well, I didn’t but my children certainly did!! We loved and still love John Avery Whittaker and the whole cast in Adventures in Odyssey. My boys would wake up on Saturdays to listen on an obscure radio channel they found through trial and error! We bought cassettes, then CDs with the stories so we could listen, at will, in the car while traveling the US.

Young Whit is a love, by Phil
Makena
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal. Dave Arnold and Phil Lollar are among my favorite writers, and I swallowed this book whole.
It's great to see one of my favorite fictional characters as a boy, and I found myself squealing when names like Wilson Knox showed up. The story is original and great fun, helped immensely by the two writers' great styles.
Djuana
Greyson Rome
Sep 20, 2019
John Benson
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who would believe the Hardy Boys were real? Who would believe the same about Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer? How many young people fantasized living in those days and knowing them?
My granddaughter said, “As a kid I always thought it would be cool to be on Adventures in Odyssey.” From listening to those tapes and radio shows, she knows many of the characters including John Avery Whittaker (Whit) nearly as well as she does her own family members. But what does she know about young Whit? The answers abou
Dec 13, 2018
Alice Mairead
Jan 11, 2020
James Nichols
Jun 17, 2019

• The Black Star of Kingston (The Green Ember #0.5; Tales of Old Natalia #1)
  • The Last Archer (A Green Ember Story, #1)
  • Attack at the Arena (Imagination Station, #2)
  • North! or Be Eaten (The Wingfeather Saga, #2)
  • The Yawn That Wouldn't Stop
  • Revenge of the Red Knight (Imagination Station, #4)
  • Peril in the Palace (Imagination Station, #3)
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Secret of the Prince's Tomb (Imagination Station #7)
  • Showdown with the Shepherd (Imagination Station, #5)
  • Passages: The Marus Manuscripts, Volume 2: Glennall's Betrayal/Draven's Defiance/Fendar's Legacy
  • Passages: The Marus Manuscripts, Volume 1
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Brother James: Growing Up With the Messiah
  • Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls
  • Red Rabbit (Jack Ryan, #2)
  • 5-Minute Basketball Stories
  • The Last Musketeer (The Last Musketeer, #1)

Young Whit (3 books)
  • Young Whit and the Shroud of Secrecy (Young Whit #2)
  • Young Whit and the Thieves of Barrymore (Young Whit #3)