Start by marking “Scotland or Bust” as Want to Read:
Scotland or Bust

Scotland or Bust

(Winning the Billionaire #3)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  268 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
After dumping her boyfriend, Nicole Franklin impulsively jumps on a plane and heads to Europe. Sure, money and a job would have been nice to line up first. Even a visa, for that matter. So now she has to play tour guide at an Outlander experience for the most obnoxious man on the planet. Until she stumbles into the wrong bed in the middle of the night and wakes up in Harri ...more
Published June 11th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Indulgence)

Carvanz
Oh my gosh! This was one of the most entertaining books I’ve read in a very long time!

Nikki has lived her life always in a relationship, never dependent on herself. After her last break up she quits her job, cashes in her retirement fund and heads to Europe where she has absolutely no plans except to live a life of adventure. When the handsome stuck up brit next to her begins to panic as the plane takes off, she does a typical Nicole thing and kisses him.

The last thing Harrison wants is to spen
Mindy Lou's Book Review
3.5 Stars!

This was a cute read. Funny, fast paced, likable main characters and some really good side characters. His granny was pretty entertaining. If you've read previous books, you get to see the couples from book one and two as well as the rest of the guys in the poker group. You do not have to read them first. This can be read as a standalone. It's a very safe read and good for when you need to light and fun read. The first book in the series still remains my favorite so far.
Randi  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this is the first time I've finished a book and not had a rating in mind. Some parts I loved, and other parts had me shaking my head and chuckling at the absurdity.

So I think for this one I will start at the beginning and take you all along on my process. We'll see where the numbers land at the end.

See my math here

4.5/5.
Stacee
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m a huge fan of the fake fiancé trope and the Scotland setting was an added bonus.

I liked Nicole and Harrison well enough. They have more in common then they think and it was fun reading them figure it out. The chemistry and button pushing didn’t hurt either. There are a lot of secondary characters, but Granny stole the show. And I’m pretty sure every scene in the pub was my favorite.

Plot wise, it was okay. For me, everything felt rushed and there didn’t seem to be any concept of time. Withi
Emily
Harrison Troy is a man who doesn't tolerate much and now he finds himself flying first class and hoping that whoever has the seat next to him either doesn't show up or is silent as a mouse. In walks Nicole Franklin, she is a beauty to be sure and within a few minutes he knows the story of her life. Not that Harrison asked for the details, she shared them freely and she is fulfilling her dreams to have her own Outlander experience.

When Harrison finds himself losing another assistant he makes a d
Johanna Sawyer
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks for a ARC copy to read and give my honest opinion.

Nikki is striving for an adventure...she quits her job, cashes in her 401k, and buys a one way ticket to Scotland.
Harrison is a billionaire, and stuck in first class because his plane is being repaired. He hates flying and on takeoff, she kisses him.
This is a cute and fun romance with some references to Outlander. Nikki takes a job with Harrison and let the fun begin. Not only does his family live in a real live castle but Harrison dre
Sabah™
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I was getting flashbacks of that infamous wedding scene from outlander while reading this book. The setting, the atmosphere and the characters were so likable and fun to read.
Ayekah
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Kira Archer. Oh how I love her books and she knocked this one right out of the park!
Uptight Harrison who is forced to fly commercial home to England for the summer meets his seat mate Nicole. The lively, beautiful and ever optimistic chatty Nicole who managed to figure out Harrison didn't do take offs well as he was rifling through his brief case looking for his Xanax all the while bemoaning that his private jet was being worked on... clever Nicole distracts Harrison
Julie (Jewls Book Blog)

What starts out as a fake engagement becomes something neither one ever expected...

Nicole has always been in some type of relationship and is determined to break the habit. She’s quit her job, cashed in her 401, hopped a plane across the ocean, and shared a steamy kiss with a complete stranger. Not bad for a chickie with no future plans, in a foreign country and flying by the seat of her pants! She’s optimistic, chaotic, compassionate, and so stinking funny...I loved her!

Harrison is ki
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Can't see how many pages, but feels like a novella.

Harrison Troy is flying home from New York to spend the Summer with his family, it wasn't entirely clear to me whether 'home' was Scotland or England, he wears a kilt (for Outlander purposes) but is repeatedly referred to as English - whether that is the author not understanding the nuances of being English, Scottish or British I don't know. His private plane is out of action, none of his friends can lend him a plane and t
Maria Rose
Scotland or Bust by Kira Archer is a fun vacation themed romance, and part of the author’s Winning the Billionaire series.

Nicole Franklin has always wanted to go to Europe, and since she’s single again, now is the perfect time. With a one way ticket and plans to find a temp job and figure things out as she goes along, she lucks out on the plane when she meets wealthy English businessman, Harrison Troy, owner of a popular travel agency.

Harrison (Harry to his family), has just lost the services of
Liz
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you break-up with your boyfriend? For Nicole Franklin, well she goes to Scotland with no job, no money, no plan and no visa. Scotland or Bust by Kira Archer was a funny and sweet read with likable characters.

Nicole knew there was no future with her ex, so why not head to Scotland? I loved her. She was funny and mostly spoke her mind. Harrison Troy is formal and proper, even if he is surrounded by some crazy and funny family and friends. The last thing he wants on a flight ho
TSN

It's a cute, fluffy summer read.

It's not bad, but I had expected to like it more than I did. It somehow just missed the mark for me, and at the end, I found myself speed reading and skimming pages. Especially the epilogue was tough, but I do have a problem with those so...
Treena
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that you can totally picture as a movie filled with your favorite stars. It’s full of fun, swoony moments and has no angst. I super enjoyed it. And if you’re a fan of the Book That Must Not Be Named, I can guarantee you’ll enjoy this heart warming tribute to it.
Kristen
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, arcs
this was a super cute and super quick read. i've read two other books by this author - the two winning the billionaire books - and i loved the first one, liked the second. i probably felt the same about this one as i did the second, it was enjoyable, i laughed, but it wasn't amazing. nothing stands out as being awful, nothing stands out as being fabulous. it was cute, i liked it, but ultimately pretty forgettable.

i liked harrison and nicole well enough, though i'm not sure i ever got a grasp on
Edit~A
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
(Source: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley, Entangled Publishing, LLC, Indulgence and Kira Archer.)

I enjoyed this book a lot. It was a super cute, light romance. And it also included OUTLANDER! So how could I not? But apparently this was a continuation of a series, and I didn't know about it. So now, I have to read these books to, that revolve around Harry's friends.

“Do your friends call you Harry?”
“No.”
“Never?”
“Not to my face.”
“Can I?”
His lips twitched. The
Deborah
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally enjoyed reading this book! It was funny, sassy, and just an overall fun read! I loved the girl on the cover!! She MADE me want to read about her peppy and energetic self! Him? Not so much! He didn't seem to fit the description of a Highlander to me....

Harrison and Nikki meet on a plane. Nikki just got out of a relationship and looking for a life reboot, drains her 401K, and heads for greener pastures in Scotland! Harrison is annoyed but at the same time attracted to Nikki. He was prett
Pgchuis
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, netgalley
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

Harrison is forced to slum it in First Class on a commercial airline and sits next to Nikki, who has cashed in all her savings and splurged on a one way ticket to England. Due to a very entertaining chain of circumstances, Nikki ends up as Harrison's assistant, although his family believe her to be his fiancee. At this point the novel sort of stalls and perhaps it is more interesting if you have read or watched "The Book/Show Which
Nadine
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I absolutely LOVED 69 Million Reasons, the first book in this series. The second wasn’t quite as good but still enjoyable. I feel the same about this one. There were a lot of references to Outlander in this book. I don’t know what that is or anything about it, so I didn’t care for the “show not to be named” references all throughout the book. That being said, I loved Harrison’s quirky family and thought it was a fun and cute read. What I didn’t get was why they kept holding out on themselves ove ...more
Linda Quick
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful book that made me smile. I loved Nikki, even though she's done some flaky things. I even loved Harrison, who is uptight and rigid. Reading about Nikki crashing through his defenses and helping him find joy was thoroughly enjoyable.

If you are a fan of the genre, you will love this book. The author is on my must read authors' list and this book exemplifies why. This is a wonderful light romance with a bit of humor that is just a feel good story......and Scottish kilts?....Swo
Bookgyrl
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The heroine is quirky and I love the opposites-attract theme. Because the hero is rather grumpy and ofcourse she changes his point of view!

I won't expand too much about the plot. Simply said: the heroine (Nic) burns her (American) bridges and splashes (squanders..) her money on a first class ticket to England and meets Harrison on the plane. It is not love at first sight... When Harrison finds his assistant has quit on him, he asks Nic to be his assistant for a limite
Bette Hansen
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful lighthearted cute read with touches of humor and emotion that just made me smile. Harrison was so stoic and serious. It was fun to see how the whirlwind that was Nicole slowly won over not only him but his family and the entire small town. Nothing to deep in this one but sometimes that's exactly what I need in a relaxing book. For a great afternoon of reading grab a copy of this one and enjoy. I highly recommend.
Sameen Hasan
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The cover is so meh, totally don't match the characters!
Jas
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought that this book really started out strong and then sort of lost itself in in all of the quirky madcap events it crams its few pages with. Maybe in a longer book it would work but in book this brief it seemed as if the zany antics (jousting, digging for treasure) were at the expense of real plot development. I liked the first part enough to know that I will try another book by this author but my feelings for this one are lukewarm.

I recieved a copy of this book in exchange for an honest
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I thought I was going to love this one. I really did, It missed the mark for me. I found myself skimming most of it. It started out strong and then fell. It was almost like the author was trying too hard at some points.
A Klue
This was a quick, verra entertaining romantic read. Featuring Nicole, a sassy Polly Anna type heroine, who is looking to find herself after impulsively deciding to buy a one way ticket to Europe. A chance encounter and smoking hot, Good Samaritan kiss with Harrison Troy, a gorgeous hot but cool headed Brit, lands her in a temporary unique situation to live out a life long fantasy.

Surrounded by Harrison’s best friends, eccentric at times family, and nosy but well meaning village pub posse of lads
Alexandra Consolver
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read, arc
Full Review:

3.5 Stars - I recommend if you enjoy contemporary romance, or have a love for Outlander.

When Nikki's boyfriend breaks up with her she quits her job and decides to move to England. She wants to fulfill her long-term dreams of living abroad, but she doesn't have anything figured out yet. On the plane to London she meets Harrison, a stuck up Brit with a fear of flying. After the two are thrown together and Harrison's assistant quits, Nikki steps in to help him with his family's travel c
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahh, this book was the PERFECT airplane read—and not just because it started on a plane and ended with the sweetest HEA . . .

It was fun and flirty, light-hearted and lovable, and a great addition to Kira Archer's Winning the Billionaire series. Why? Well . . . Harrison and Nicole butted heads but worked well together; they seemed like the epitome of opposites attracting, yet had incredible chemistry; and, at heart, this playful couple had very similar outlooks on life and love.

Altogether, this
Jolie
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I started reading Scotland or Bust, I was excited. I mean, hello Scotland. I have a slight obsession with Scotland. I **might** have watched Braveheart a gazillion times. And I might pick up any romance (well, any book) that has Scotland the background in the book. So, needless to say, when I saw that Scotland or Bust was set in Scotland, I jumped on it.

My excitement over reading the book faded as I read the first chapter. Harrison was a complete and utter idiot (the nicest word I could put
Erin
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
What a fun book to read on a lazy Sunday morning whilst listening to a thunderstorm! Find yourself a comfy spot and curl up to enjoy this fast paced, fun read featuring an extremely positive and adventurous young woman and a staid and handsome Outlander hating English Billionaire.

The book opens with our billionaire Harrison boarding a plane, first class but not private, and finds Nicole his seatmate. Nicole has recently dumped her boyfriend is ready for a life adventure overseas. Only Nicole do
USA Today bestselling author Kira Archer lives in Pennsylvania with her hubs and two kids. And 3 ridiculous cats. She's one of those people who laughs at inappropriate moments (especially overly emotional occasions like weddings or funerals), and she has an insanely overactive imagination which is great when she's writing but not so great when she's shutting all the lights off at night and then ha ...more

Winning the Billionaire (3 books)
  • 69 Million Things I Hate About You (Winning the Billionaire, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Unexpected Baby (Winning the Billionaire, #2)