Start by marking “Season of Wonder” as Want to Read:

(Haven Point #9)

He's giving her children a season of wonder... Dani Capelli seized a chance to start over in a small town with her daughters. Now, facing her first Christmas in Haven Point, she wonders if leaving New York was a mistake. Dani loves working alongside veterinarian Dr. Morales, but her two children aren't adjusting to small-town life. And then there's Dr. Morales's son, Ruben--Dani's ...more
Published September 25th 2018 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Season of Wonder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of Wonder

♥Rachel♥
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dani, a single mom of two girls, moved to Haven Point after her veterinary school mentor invited her into his practice. Haven Point, a small idyllic town sounded exactly like the kind of wholesome town she wants her kids to grow up in. However, Dani holds herself back from getting close, worried that people might find out about her ex and then judge her family by his wrongs. Wrongs that got him killed. Dani re-thinks that decision when her teenage daughter, Silver, has trouble fitting in and get ...more
RaeAnne Thayne
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
If you like feel-good holiday stories with lots of traditions, hot cocoa and warm fuzzies, you will enjoy the latest book in Haven Point!
"Avonna
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SEASON OF WONDER (A Haven Point Novel #9) by RaeAnne Thayne is a contemporary holiday romance set in the small town of Haven Point, Idaho. This book is part of a series and has some crossover characters, but it is easily read as a standalone.

Daniela “Dani” Capelli is done with veterinary school and has moved herself and her two daughters from Boston to the small town of Haven Point. She has a one year internship lined up with Dr. Morales and is hoping to
Amy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
So now that it’s officially fall I’m assuming everyone is ok with me talking about holiday novels all the time, right? Great! (Haha) just wanted to get that out of the way. I have become a huge fan of Thayne’s magical series set in Haven Point and nothing is better than a new book that’s set during Christmas to me. All of her books have a sense of enchantment but this one had a little extra magic that made me feel like a giddy little kid on Christmas Eve.

This book follows Dani and Ru
Dale Harcombe
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Frank Morales hires Dani Capelli for his vet practice with the view to her taking on more work and ultimately taking over, Dani sees it as a chance to escape from a troubled past. For her and her two girls, Silver and Mia, Haven Point is a new start away from the drama and scandal that her late ex-husband caused. Silver, 13, misses her old friends and has been causing some heartache for Dani with her attitude. Dani, with her background as a foster child and her recent problems with her ex-h ...more
Jacob Proffitt
This is ninth in a series and most of the books in it are pretty good. Not this one though. So read the others.

I'm abandoning this at a bit over halfway. I have a massive crush on Ruben, but Dani is a stone-cold idiot. She has a monster case of negative motivation*, yeah, but it's so irrational that I just want to shake her. Ruben is sweet and protective and capable and with that whole care-for-others vibe that I can't get enough of. It's almost worth it to continue just for more of him. But D
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is my first read for this author. Although the book is part of a series, it can easily be read as a stand alone. The book centers around a small Idaho town close to the Christmas holiday.

Dani and her two girls have moved across country for a new start. She works for her new neighbor's father. Life has not been great for Dani and she has walls a mile high in order to protect her family.

Rueben falls for Dani from the start. He just has to work on why she is so spooked. Great slow burn betwe
Chris Conley
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the worlds RaeAnne has created. I enjoy going to each little town and becoming part of the communities she has made.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
New town. New start. New neighbor. What more could a girl want for Christmas?

Well, how about a daughter that doesn't get in trouble right from the start and a cop for a neighbor that seems way too interested in helping out when all you want to do is keep your past hidden.

Sweet, truthful, filled with holiday spirit. A great way to spend an afternoon with visions of Christmas dancing about.

New town. New start. New neighbor. What more could a girl want for Christmas?

KT Book Reviews
Book Babblers
Instagram
The Lit Bitch
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I’m judging this book by it’s cover, the first thing that goes through my mind is ‘pass’ mostly because it reminds me of something my grandma would read.

Most of Thayne’s books have a quaint cottage on the front and it just doesn’t scream romance to me. Over the last few years, I’ve tried to pick books based on what the summary says versus what the cover looks like.

That was how I found Thayne in the first place. When I was pitched my first Thayne book, the image of the
Siobhan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Season of Wonder is the ninth book in RaeAnne Thayne’s Haven Point series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. Although it is book nine in the series, it’s a book you can easily enjoy as a standalone novel. I have not read all the Haven Point books, yet I never find myself lost. Sure, you appreciate some side characters, some couples, better if you have read the prior books, but this does not take away from the story being given within Season of Wonder.

You should also
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}

Such a sweet little holiday romance. I always enjoy these Haven Point stories a lot and I liked this one but it definitely wasn't my favorite. I think that is because it took me a while to warm up to Dani our MC. Also, there is a little mystery surrounding her late ex-husband that I thought was kind of silly in the end. Still, I enjoyed her daughters and the romance with Ruben. Also the town is always lovely to visit and catch up with some old characters from previous books.

Priyanka
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Season of Wonder is the 9th installment of Haven Point series, Haven Point is a small town in Idaho. It is a Christmas time story, so it's a great book to get into the holiday spirit. This book can be read as a standalone too.

Dani Capelli is an intern as a veterinarian at Dr. Morales's clinic. She with her two daughters has moved to the small town of Haven Point from Boston. Even though its worlds apart from the city life, Dani is looking forward to this new life she is going to star
N.N. Light
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful holiday romance by RaeAnne Thayne. It gave me such warm feelings, especially with the scenes with the children. Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 stars
Linda
A sweet, low angst contemporary holiday romance…

“Have I mentioned before how much I love Christmas?” he murmured.

Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne is a sweet, low angst, contemporary holiday romance. It is set in the charming, wholesome small town of Haven Point, Idaho at Christmastime and is part of a series. The tale works perfectly well as a standalone read if that is your preference. That is actually the way I read it as both this author and series are new to me.

Se
Debbie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RaeAnne Thayne

You can always count on RaeAnne Thayne to deliver a heartwarming holiday tale and Season of Wonder is another prime example. Mix charming, flawed characters, small town pleasantries and pettiness, a slow burning romance, adorable dogs and two needy kids and you’ll get a done to perfection Christmas story.
Dani trying to juggle being a single mom and her brand new Vet practice plus trying to hide a past she’s ashamed of in a nosey small town ma
Susan
Good story about starting over. Dani moved herself and her two daughters across the country to get away from the mistakes of her past. After she finished veterinary school she was offered an internship in Haven Point, with the possibility of taking over the practice when the current vet retired. She loves her work, but life in a small town is very different than life in Queens and Boston, and all of them have some trouble adjusting. Dani isn't accustomed to the friendliness and interest of the p ...more
Jenea
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started reading this, I didn’t realize it was part of a large series, but I continued on and it was so worth it but with a single mom and her two girls during the Holiday season, I just had to read it.

Dani is the single mother to two adorable young girls. They’ve packed up moved to a small town in Idaho. A town that she believed would be a new start for her and her girls. She was offered a position at the local Veterinarian Clinic that one day day would be hers. This is what s
Darcy
This book had a quiet quality about it, slowly building page by page. Dani was a bit prickly, but when you learn her past it makes sense. I wished that Dani would have given Haven Point more a of a chance, she would have seen that most of the people there wouldn't care, they look to what is, not what happened.

Dani's girls were cute, Mia, so adorable, Silver, just started to be the surly teen. Silver seemed to be at the center of so much trouble, learning some hard lessons along the w
Booknerdingout
I love RaeAnne Thayne books. She also writes the most heart felt novels. Season of Wonder is no different. It was a sweet story about second chances, regardless of your past mistakes. Guaranteed to put readers in the holiday spirit.
Marlene
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

It still feels too early to be reading holiday books, but here we are. And as much as I shivered at the reminders about snow and cold, Season of Wonder is a lovely little story.

It also feels like Haven Point is just down the road from Robyn Carr’s Thunder Point – even though Thunder Point is on the coast of Oregon and Haven Point is in Idaho within a couple of hours of Boise.

Let’s call them sister cities. Or at least sister village
Debbie Oxier
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderfully heartwarming Christmas story that made me hope the author will include these characters in a future work. Dani came to Haven Point to start a new life for her and her girls. Silvia (Silver) is a teenager and Mia is six. Life hasn't been easy for Dani. When her mother died she was placed in foster care, got pregnant at seventeen, married the baby's father only to have him lead a life of crime and end up in prison. After divorcing him, Dani eventually decides to move across ...more
Betül
description

Season of Wonder was a beautiful, fun and light-hearted romance. Dani moved to Haven Point with her two daughters to start a new chapter in her life. She is closed off and doesn't really interact with anyone in town, because she doesn't want them to find out certain things about her life. This results in her daughters being skittish as well, and one of them starts to act out. It was obvious that Dani was doing her best to give her kids the best life possible, and was feeling like a failure many
Dorothy Morawsky
I loved this book. Couldn't hardly put it dosn. One of the best RaeAnne Thane books she's written.
Aura
This is a very enjoyable sweet romance. Characters are all predictable and the plot is not earth-shattering but I still liked it. This harlequin style contemporary romance delivers on what it advertises, a sweet romance, a woman struggling live up to expectations of being a working mom and a hot sheriff deputy love interest.
D Heale
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a little sad because I’ve finished the last book of this series (so far) I’ve read some reviews of the different books that got poor reviews because all the characters did was kiss. Really?? What’s wrong with that? These are nice stories about a nice town with nice people. I wish I lived in Haven Point and all these people were my friends. 😀
TJ
What a relaxing way to spend an evening! Especially those who love the holiday season and enjoy escaping to it anytime of the year. Ruben’s character is the type of hero that is both realistic and swoon-worthy all at once. Dani’s daughters were also very intelligently written and true to character for their ages.

Dani was the only drawback for me. I had a really hard time liking her for most of the story. Yes, there were times her loving, true nature came through but too often she was cold, clos
Gaele
Dani and her two daughters, 13 year old Silver and 6 year old Mia have relocated from Boston with Dani’s graduation from vet school to partner with Dr. Morales and start their new life. Divorced after eight years with a ‘baby mobster wanna-be’, Dani changed her life, her residence and her and her daughter’s names to escape the taint that her now-dead ex-husband’s name would bring – as not long after they arrived in Haven Point, he went down in a ‘blaze of glory’ killing 3 people, one a police of ...more
Evelyn
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for www.buriedunderromance.com
SEASON OF WONDER by RaeAnne Thayne is the ninth visit to Haven Point, a wonderfully welcoming small town. On the shores of a picturesque lake, Haven Point is a destination resort town in the summer, but it is also a great place to visit during the holidays.
Single mom Dani Capelli and her two daughters moved to Haven Point after Dani was offered a veterinary internship with Dr. Frank Morales who also offered her the chance to take over his practice after a year if the inte
Crystal
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Christmas themed books. I Love, love, love them and I positively adorable all of RaeAnne Thayne's books. So I always get really excited this time of year when I see that RaeAnne has a new book coming out and WOO HOO! It is a Christmas theme book. Let me tell you my excitement was well placed, Season of Wonder is an incredible story. You may want to grab the Kleenex box before settling in to read this story. I know I shed a few tears along the way.

Dani Capelli has not had an easy life. Th

• Home for Christmas (Sanctuary Island #4)
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • Christmas on Candy Cane Lane (Life in Icicle Falls, #8)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • His By Christmas (Hamilton Sisters, #5)
  • The Snowflake Inn
  • The Christmas Room
  • Their Christmas Miracle (Charity, Montana #2)
  • Bittersweet (Home Sweet Home #3)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • Christmas on Main Street
  • An Angel for Christmas
  • Christmas at the Lakeside Resort (The Lakeside Resort Series Book 1)
  • The Dance Before Christmas (The Lady Travelers Society, #2.5)
  • Maybe This Christmas (O'Neil Brothers, #3)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a

Haven Point (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point, #1)
  • Redemption Bay (Haven Point, #2)
  • Evergreen Springs (Haven Point, #3)
  • Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4)
  • Snowfall on Haven Point (Haven Point, #5)
  • Serenity Harbor (Haven Point, #6)
  • Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point, #7)
  • The Cottages on Silver Beach (Haven Point, #8)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Summer at Lake Haven
“She didn’t want the kiss to end. It was magical, delicious, like a hundred dreams come true wrapped up in one heated embrace. With the snow fluttering down outside and the Christmas tree lights gleaming beside them, the moment seemed perfect. Better than she ever could have imagined.” 1 likes
“I needed the reminder that I’m still alive and the world still contains magic and wonder, like Christmas trees and kisses from beautiful women.” 1 likes