Start by marking “Days of Reign” as Want to Read:
Days of Reign

Days of Reign

Zelenka is an outcast. Tormented by the harsh rules and punishments of Eldon, she will soon be imprisoned in the horrifying government factories. Her lover, the charismatic Fraco, may be her one chance to escape. But Zelenka is drawn to the dangerous and elusive world of the Amaryllians. Only through them can she triumph in her two dreams: freedom, and survival.
Published June 29th 2018 by Elisa Jade Hansen

To ask other readers questions about Days of Reign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Days of Reign

Sara
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read.
This book delves into some dark and depressing themes of oppression, but is balanced by themes of hope and second chances. More of a philosophical journey than an action thriller, the story is told from the perspectives of different characters as they grapple with what is right and wrong. The author describes beautifully how cultural, moral and personal experiences shape a person's decisions and outlook on life. A great debut novel, I look forward to more from this author.
Suzanne Martin
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read. Part coming of age novel as the main character explores how the roles of men and women have evolved in two very different societies. The story led me to consider the ethos of our current society and the issues raised should generate some interesting discussions with my teenage sons. The pace of the story is engaging and I'm looking forward to what happens next in Days of Reign.
Jolie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued when I got the invite to review Days of Reign. The whole plotline of a girl trying to escape an oppressive regime caught my attention. I know that books like this in the dystopia genre are a dime a dozen but Days of Reign stood out from that crowd. This book had relatable characters and touched upon some real-life issues that we are facing today.

Eldon is a planet that is dying. Zelenka is a girl who has two choices in life. Either she marries by her 19th birthday or she risks goi
Stephanie
The planet of Eldon, formerly Earth, controls its citizens with religion and a strict, but corrupt moral code that holds great consequences when broken. Women are not allowed to go to school, except to train as wives upon their 19th birthday. They are property of men that are held in high regard. Education for all has gone by the wayside and knowledge of religion is revered. Infrastructure is crumbling, everything is polluted and people are dying. Zelenka is unique, her parents married for love ...more
Jessica Bronder
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eldon is a planet that controls its people with religion and a broken moral code. Women are nothing more than property, barely educated. At the age of 19 they must marry or are sent to factories where they will birth children until they die. Zelenka is a special girl. Her parents married for love and have taught her so much more than is allowed. On her 19th birthday she hopes to marry a man for love but he turns her down. Other information comes to her and she becomes desperate to escape Eldon.

A
Samantha Turley
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
First of all, that blurb completely drew me in. I was pleasantly surprised by the way Elisa Hansen was able to keep me on my toes.

An intriguing storyline. I think that the way Hansen has written the story really allows readers to become sucked into the characters lives and ultimate outcome. It was very well written and I enjoyed the mix of action in a dystopian setting.

This novel was very vivid in the descriptions, the writing really jumped off the pages and into my mind.
Haydn Wood
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A surprise manifestation of the 'make love not war' philosophy is just one of the many interesting twists in Elisa Hansen’s book, which debates two very different paths for human societies within a tale of a young woman’s quest for freedom. While contrasting the dystopian planet Eldon with the utopian planet Amaryllis, Days of Reign presents a cast of memorable characters, including the indefatigible Fianna and the psychologically stunted and tormented Fraco.
Bailey Ember
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
This is the epitome of a Dystopian novel. Elisa Hansen has done a fantastic job of highlighting the characters and their personalities and motives.

This story had a lot of heart and a lot of action. Zelenka is an wonderful lead. She was easy to understand and be captivated by.

Plenty of twists and turns, drama, and much more along the way. I am glad I this journey and got to experience it with these characters.
Scarolet Ellis
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Days of Reign by Elisa Hansen is a great story to read. I fell in love with the great strong characters and a great story line. I can not wait to see what this author who is brand new to me is going to write next.

C. Gonzales
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Elisa Hansen has a real talent for bringing to life characters that a reader just connects with and roots for from the very beginning.

The plot is fast paced and keeps you furiously flipping pages. Great read! This one will keep you guessing and make you think. Its never what it seems and there are so many moving parts.
Tanya
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is an outcast where their are cruel punishment and harsh rules. She will end up in the harsh factory but she soon she will need to make a choice. What will happen? Will she be successful? See how it will all go

Lesley Ritchie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Intrigued by the setting and characters from the beginning. Power, corruption, morals, love..the way the world is going today could we end up like this? Can’t wait for the sequel
Sharon
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Aug 05, 2018
RABT Book Tours: Days of Reign by Elisa Hansen 1 2 Sep 21, 2018 05:24AM
RABT Book Tours: Days of Reign by Elisa Hansen 1 1 Sep 03, 2018 05:43AM
Growing up in Melbourne, Australia, Elisa Hansen was curious about other worlds. The travel bug bit her young, and she spent her early years with a pack on her back and hiking boots on her feet. Beyond exploring and writing, she loves to dance, cook, eat, learn other languages and paint.