Start by marking “What He Fears (Desires, #4)” as Want to Read:
What He Fears (Desires, #4)

What He Fears

(Desires #4)

For years Andrew warred with himself; if he went so long without realizing he was bisexual, what other things are inside of him that he has yet to discover? When he lands in the arms of Nick Young, the hottest cop he’s ever seen and Andrew is determined not to let his fear hold him back anymore. But Nick is a complicated man and Andrew’s pursuit of happiness will change bo ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 213 pages
Published May 7th 2018 by Paper Gold Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What He Fears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What He Fears

JenMcJ
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book. Well, I really enjoyed the characters and the writing. I felt like I knew these guys and understood their motivations. I could understand all the issues and see how Rory and Nick would be much more stable by adding Andrew. The relationship building was good and the pacing was steady.

So...what went wrong here? Well, honestly the issue between them is the current D/s(witch) relationship and bringing a total newbie into a D/D/s/s dynamic to give Nick the balance he needs in his home lif
Sue bowdley
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hoping that Andrew would get his own book and here it is..I think this is my favourite of the whole series...Andrew not only gets one guy but two...Two Doms….He meets Nick whilst drunk and Nick takes to him becoming fast friends...But Nick is in a relationship with Rory and I loved Rory from the first time we met him...With his blue hair and small stature...He is an amazing Dom and amazing guy…..He knows that Nick submits to him but also knows that Nick needs to Dominate too...All three of ...more
Anna Goerlitz
Another good idea, which sadly didn't work as well for me as it should. And once again, if you are squemish about BDSM, don't let that hold you back, it's so very light and fluffy that you'll miss it if you blink.

And that is my main issue with this story. Rory and Nick have been "kind of" together for ages, but not really, because Rory is (supposedly) a Dom and Nick is a Switch and need both sides of the coin, so Rory don't want them to be exclusive, as he feels he would never be enough for Nick
AussieMum
This author skips too much and when stuff is off-page I find it hard to connect with both the characters and their story in a meaningful way. That being said there's some nice moments here, but there's also magic dicks and Dom's who fuck first and talk later.

Not to mention that when we first meet Andrew he's blind drunk but apparently Nick, the cop, thinks that this one guy who looks about to vomit is drop dead sexy, so after he throws him in the drunk tank for a few hours he then tak
Denise GremoryKohta
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a everything I wanted and more!

E. M. Denning surpassed all my expectations. I loved how each relationship was established, including the rebuilding of some. The focus placed on each pivotal moment and it's significance made my connection to the characters stronger. Then there is that ending. So beautiful I had happy tears. I didn't think I could get that attached to Andrew. Shows you what great writing is capable of.
JD Crittendon
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
All Tied Up In Threesome Love

A love loss, binge drinking and finding love in an unusual relationship is the Andrew, Nick & Rory story. This rating should be 2.5 ⭐s. I did finish this story only because I want to complete the series. I didn’t feel chemistry between The MCs. The story volume was mostly sexy times...it had a feel of hookups instead of forging a love relationship. Not a fan of this book.
Kelly
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Anna
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review on release date!!!
Przyszedł czas na recenzję. Osoby, które mnie znają z FB wiedzą, że nienawidzę, nie znoszę, nie cierpię czytać trójkącików, ale EM miła inna wizję i wysłała mi ARC tej książki. Postanowiłam ją przeczytać. Fantastyczna. Ubóstwiam tych chłopaków, jak oni komunikują się miedzy sobą, poezja. Sex nie przytłacza treści, ale jest i to jaki. Cóż mogę dodać, jeżeli unikacie mmm jak ja, tą książkę musicie przeczytać. WARTO!!!!
Abrianna
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
With each book in the Desires series EM Denning proves that she is a master at her craft. How she's able to write both hot yet sweet novels is a talent that I can only marvel at.

Before the end of the first page I was in love. I wanted to scoop him up and take away his misery. Andrew is so sweet and I had to remind myself that until you get in a character's head you can't really judge them. That's the mistake I made with Andrew, I judged him before I really knew him. That only made me love him h
R
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-m, reviewed, favorites
Please read these books in order. All the characters mesh together and it's best to start at the beginning

Andrew is in love with Everett. He realizes to late that it will never be. Everett is in love with Andrews brother Xavier. Andrew is devastated that his best friend doesn't want him. Hardly able to talk to either of them, he goes out and gets drunk. A hot cop named Nick rescues him.

Nick is a switch, he is both a Dom and a sub. He has been in love with Rory forever. Rory is strictly a Dom, re
Jessica
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I won't ever say I have favorites but it's really hard with this book. I have been wanting the happy for these guys for a while I just didn't realize how they were going to get their happy! This is lovely dynamic once it figures out all the kinks. I won't lie and say I didn't want to kick Andrew in the teeth a few times. But I get it, there was a lot to process. Anyhow all three characters have good strong feel to them and never does it feel like one is left out or unbalanced. Not to say there i ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rory is a Dom. He Is in love with Nick but doesn't think he can be everything Nick needs, since Nick is a switch, needing both to Dom and to sub. Rory refuses to be exclusive in their relationship because he knows Nick needs more.. He needs someone who can be a sub of his own. When Nick meets Andrew and they develop a strong connection and attraction, Rory realizes that he might be able to give Nick everything he needs after all - by bringing submissive Andrew into their relationship. Andrew is ...more
Faye Kennedy
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two Subs kneeling at Masters feet.🔥
This a beautiful story and another for this great series I've loved. The story is brilliantly written to include all sides of views for the guys. Also includes smokin hot sexy scenes as always with this author. I especially LOVED the ending perfect for all of them. The guys from previous books pop in occasionally too.
Andrew had 4 relationships and they've all been with ladies, his feelings for Everett and then Nick he starts to wonders what its like. New to his
John-Torleif  Harris
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A little disappointing

This book didn't grab me like I wanted it to. I was very excited to read about Andrew, Rory and Nick; but I never quite felt like I connected with any of them. We saw next to nothing about any of their jobs, even though each man's job was a major factor in his life. There was an alternating POV with each chapter, but it felt more like a series of scenes in chronological order rather than a cohesive narrative.

I would have liked to have seen Andrew research and come to accep
Seepurple06
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

What a beautiful and sweet story. I was pulled in and held captive through our. I was sad for Nick as Rory denied him what he wanted most, him. When Andrew and Nick start seeing each other, I felt like they we still kissing something until Rory takes the lead and suggests they become exclusive as a triad. Andrew is new to all of this and the attentiveness, care, and patience Rory and Nick show is what makes this read so beautiful. I have read each of the books in the series and while t
Lorraine
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A favourite re-read

I have now re-read this book several times over, it is totally sweet, generally low angst and the love and care shines out like a beacon. When I am tired, or a little sad, this book just lifts me.
Reading the previous story about Andrew's brother Xavier will help a little to understand Andrew's struggles, but isn't necessary.
These three men, call to me, that want to do right by one another, to care and love and cherish and each of them truly deserve their happiness.
Sissy Spain
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is definitely my favorite of the series. I felt so bad for Andrew in What He Hides. He seemed so broken and alone. I couldn't wait for his HEA and boy did I get it. We had met Rory and Nick in past books. Rory, a blue haired Dom to Nick, the tough cop. Nick is a switch and wasn't getting everything he needed in the relationship. Andrew is the perfect answer to both of their needs. I was excited that the relationship was between the 3 of them, not segregated couples. It was steamy hot and ve ...more
Pat
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Menage

I love this series, the dominant men and their subs. This was a fabulous story, at the center of it all is Nick, a switch, very in love with Rory. But Rory can't give him everything he needs, being solely a dom. Then Nick meets Andrew, such a sweet sub, just starting to explore the other side of his bisexuality. Rory doesn't want to lose Nick, and Nick doesn't want to leave Rory either. Can they bring Andrew into their relationship successfully? This is a story about love, needs and emoti
Lisa Neal
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best of the batch to date!

There are so many good things I can say about this book. Andrew is struggling to find out who he really is. Nick is determined not to lose Rory as he comes to terms with his growing attraction to Andrew. And then there is Rory who is determined to keep Nick at all cost and decides he needs and wants Andrew in order to do that. These three men were freaking fantastic together and made me fall in love with this series all over again. EM Denning has done a wonderful job wi
Victorias' KeepinitReal
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent read...

Loved this addition to the series. I was hoping for Andrew's story and the author delivered. This book was steamy, sensual and so freaking 🔥🔥🔥. The story was well written and with few editing issues. None taking away from the story. The story was intense and raw with exquisitely orchestrated steamy scenes. I have to admit at the very beginning of this story, I only wanted Andrew and Nick to be exclusive. However, as the story progressed, I was all in, on board and pleased with t
Donna Maynard
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart Warmingly Spectacular

This book was exactly what I hope it would be. The characters were perfect and their story was dynamic. You could feel everything they felt and it was absolutely amazing. I would encourage everyone to read this book. One of the best books that I've ever read. I would definitely recommend it.
Nicole Prado-Carr
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can I say? I absolutely loved this book. I received it as an ARC and I love this series. This one has been my favorite so far. The dynamic between the trio is amazing and one I haven't seen often in other MMM books. I can't wait to see the 5th book, each one keeps getting better than the last.
Sue
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the feels!!

I flove these 3 men. For one, you can't go wrong with 3 hot men and second, they just make sense, a matched set. I would say bookends but that's only 2. Rory, Nick and Andrew give me hope that my unicorn is out there somewhere. The D/s interactions were amazing, sweet and loving. Thank you for taking the time to make them so perfect...
LaVon Lyman
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best in the series!!!!

It was absolutely the kinkiest, steamiest, sweetest read ever!!! I loved all the main characters especially Rory and Andrew. It also made me reconsider Everett who I am back to adoring. It was a pleasure to see 3 people in need of love find it together... I would love read more about them. I love this series so much.... amazing, 11 stars for me!
Emma Brown
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Andrew, Nick and Rory are 3 incredibly strong characters. Rory and his head of blue hair, who is sweet, giving and so so strong. Nick who needs to dominate and submit, and just be an overall caregiver. Andrew who is still learning about himself, yet is stronger than he even truly realizes. They completely come to life, and pull you into their emotional journey. Loved this book so very much.
Linda.. aka Ahsoka
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow.. this was hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I was a little skeptical going in, because relationships with two people is hard, add a third and it can be full of drama and jealousy.. EM Denning does this threesome with perfection, I loved this book. The relationship hot 🔥, the sex, even hotter 🔥🔥 I think this is my favorite book of the series.
Bridget
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She does it again!!!

Once again you have given us an amazing story. This book was amazing. We already knew a little about Rory and Nick from previous books, but to see them find the link to bind them together was great.
Ashley Allen
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite

This book was downright sexy. A dom,switch,and submissive what a awesome combination for a book. I love how you fall in love with each character and how this book make your heart beat.
Julie Taylor
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Loved this triad and I loved the HEA ending. Loved the series and the guys are so good together. Highly recommended
E.M. Denning is a writer from British Columbia. She loves her family and animals, and anything cute and fuzzy. She was born a hopeless romantic, and when she’s not writing romance, she’s probably reading it. She loves love.

You can find her on her website, Facebook or on her blog.

Desires (4 books)
  • What He Needs (Desires #1)
  • What He Craves (Desires #2)
  • What He Hides (Desires #3)