Start by marking “Rivers of Ink” as Want to Read:
Rivers of Ink

Rivers of Ink

Mixing business with pleasure shouldn’t ever work.

The second Alicia Dylan walks into the office at The Unbound Soul for an interview, Callan Rivers knows he shouldn’t offer her anything.

Except he already has. Two nights ago: himself.

Published May 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rivers of Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rivers of Ink

Start your review of Rivers of Ink
Coco.V
Sep 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/11/18)!💝

Blurb:
Mixing business with pleasure shouldn’t ever work.
The second Alicia Dylan walks into the office at The Unbound Soul for an interview, Callan Rivers knows he shouldn’t offer her the job. Except he already has, two nights ago: himself.
That wild night is imprinted in Alicia’s memory, and seeing Callan again brings back all the intense feelings from the few hours they spent together. How could she even consider working for him?
From the moment they met, their
Isha Coleman
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Rivers of Ink by Julie Archer
Strangers in the night become soulmates in the light of day. Callen and Alicia meet at a turbulent time in their lives. Tragedy has rendered him incapable of hope and struggling to move forward. Alicia is at a crossroads, searching for a sense of who she is destined to become. Fate has the answers they are looking for, but the heart seems to keep getting in the way. Rivers of Ink has the power to break the heart as it sets out to restore the true meaning of faith.
Lorie
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist, may-2018

A quick read. I liked it, but with it being short certain parts felt rushed.
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This story started out really good. The build up and the bit of background given was just enough to make me want to know more about Ali and Callan.

Then it picked up, and they were suddenly all loved up. When a story is built around the romance skipping from starting point to him calling her baby is too much of a skip, you can't jump there with them when you weren't there for the build up.

Callan is grieving and he's been through a lot but it feels like a lot of what happened was unnecessary dra
Jodi Kelly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, kindle-books
5 Star read simply because I couldn't put it down once I started reading it! I sincerely cared about Callan and Alicia and wanted to know where they were headed. I feel like the unresolved things possibly leave this open for another book which I would definitely read!! Well written and well developed characters, I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be taken away for a while. ...more
Jeannie Wycherley
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Julie Archer writes the most fantastic contemporary romances, and this is yet another page turner.

This is the story of Callan Rivers, left reeling after a number of tragic life events, and Alicia Dylan, a sassy lassie lacking a little direction in life. A chance encounter brings the two of them together, but can they make any kind of relationship work?

What I love about the story is that besides the main action, there is a motley ensemble of supporting characters who make things very interesting.
Mary Parks
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Callan, oh Callan, such a big heart, such a broken soul....and in walks Alicia...an angel to him...when they meet Callan has lost so much, and Alicia is searching, she just doesn't know what she's looking for, Alicia is floundering a little bit... But these two are so heart wrenching, their lives are painful, happy, loving, confusing, and just...real...they make mistakes, they fall in love, they screw it up, they make up and through it all they find a core group of friends who lift them up, who ...more
Stephanie
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy read

This was a very quick read, a couple of hours and I was all done. Good story with an interesting back story. Cal's betrayal by those closest to him and Ali's rather untimely but welcomed entry into his life. It begins hot and then smolders into a few hot pages. The past comes and smacks them in the face and causes lots of upset. It eventually gets resolved but I was a bit disappointed it came abruptly to a close so quickly. Only reason for my 3 stars.
Will Decker
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt the emotional turmoil happening within the main characters from the beginning. The British slang gave it a slightly different feel that added to the background, but the ending felt almost rushed as if the author was finished with the characters before the story was finished. All in all, a good romantic read with some good character development.
Sep 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Short stand-alone told in dual POV. Ended abruptly and I'm not sure if there was a HEA or HFN or not, but not a cliffhanger. I liked Callan & Alicia, and the majority of the book. I did not like the misunderstanding at the end and Alicia's unwillingness to return to work or have a conversation with Callan. The book then jumps to three months in the future and ends. ...more
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read from beginning to end! An exciting storyline that leaves you breathless wanting more! Sexy steam filled chemistry! Emotionally heartfelt, enjoyable and fun! One heck of a twisted, intense rollercoaster ride! An amazing must read!

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
Bec
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ink and tears

A short, quick read about love, loss and loyalty.

Tats, guys and lies.

Will they burn hot and fizzle out or hold on for the long haul?
Find out with this gorgeous story.
Sherry Payton
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointing

The story was good until the end. Actually there was no conclusion. It left me so disappointed wondering how this couple ended. With just a little more to the story it could have been a very good read.
Shannon Capelle
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hot tattoo guy

This was a cute hot story with a sassy chick and an alpha tattoo God. Loved their love story and forgiveness in it. Enjoyed the other characters too
Liz
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable quick read.
Bailey nordby
Feb 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent

Great read if you like romance books but for me the ending wasn’t the best. Just felt like it dropped off at the end.
Julie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars but only because there wasn't an epilogue beyond 3 months :( ...more
me
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Strong beginning... weak middle... ending near more
Witchy
Sep 19, 2018
Eva Lo
Sep 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Royal Service (Royals of Danovar #1)
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys, #1)
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Cuffed (Untouchables MC, #1)
  • One Night Stand (One Night Stand, #1)
  • The Virgin Club (The Club, #1)
  • Ask Me Why
  • Menace (Moonshine Task Force, #5)
  • Pierced (Lucian & Lia, #1)
  • Trading Yesterday (Trading Yesterday, #1)
  • Sweet Treats
  • Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
  • Center of Gravity
  • Brady Remington Landed Me in Jail
  • Plus One (Lighter Ones, #1)
  • Knocking Boots
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
Author of contemporary romance featuring rock stars, small towns, a healthy dose of angst, some steamy times and always a happy ever after!

When not writing, I can usually be found binge watching teen drama series on Netflix, or supporting Spurs from my armchair, and running around after my two feline children, Corey and Elsa.

Real Angst. Real Romance.