Start by marking “The King's Spinster Bride (Royal Wedding, #1)” as Want to Read:
The King's Spinster Bride (Royal Wedding, #1)

The King's Spinster Bride

(Royal Wedding #1)

Sixteen years ago, Princess Halla of Yshrem saved the life of an eight-year-old barbarian boy and watched her kingdom fall to ruin, all on the same day. Now, she is a forgotten spinster in a quiet temple, living her days out in solitude. The last of her line, she exists in the hope that she has been forgotten, for to be remembered by the enemy is to be certain death.

One
Published May 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The King's Spinster Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King's Spinster Bride

Start your review of The King's Spinster Bride (Royal Wedding, #1)
Jen
I figured it was time to take a break from emotional reads and take a peek at this short story with a royal wedding included! Yes, I was one of those people that became really engrossed in Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding! To me, it was a fairytale romance in the making!!! And I really hope they make it! Anyway, when I saw this mini series from four authors who have done short story mini series before...I just had to give this a try!!!

The first installment, is written by Ruby Dixon, and it is
Alexa Riley
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So it begins!!!!

LINK: http://geni.us/fHVg30E
Story_girl
When I started reading this and found out that it's an older woman, younger man romance, I did a double take. I mean...come on...here I am reading smutty novellas by the dozen where every girl is just barely turned 18 and is being paired up with much older men! Tell me if you are not feeling similarly surprised right now? So yes, it was a huge plus for the story where I'm concerned.

Also...cyclopae romance! Phew...she totally pulled off a one-eyed hero romance seamlessly...and it cannot be easy
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good, quick, smutty royal read.

A good, quick, smutty royal read. If you’re looking for something light and quick, with a tiny bit of a game of thrones fantasy vibe, then this story is it. An alpha hero, and a quiet but firm heroine. Pretty good.
Carol
4+++ stars.
Sexy, smutty, sweet fantasy/ fairy tale . Really like this author and loved this story. Borrowed-KU.
Mei
May 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, no-books
Meh... Here we have one of the most horrible customs I've ever read in Romancelandia!!!
Can you imagine having willingly an eye cut out because their God has been wounded and lost an eye???!!! So all the greates worriors have only one eye!!! Are those people crazy or what???!!!

Can you guess how these people are known? (view spoiler) OMG... :((((

And the heroine is eager to marry the King of these people without thinking that when her son grows up his eye will be cut
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
His Long-Awaited Bride

The was a perfectly lovely little story. I adore books where the couple form a bond that ties them together for however many years until they can be together. I loved both our delicious warrior king and his strong, noble, kind, if self-serving heroine. His passion for her set the pages on fire. I loved how he showed her she was always meant to be his. I found the age difference with her being older refreshing and integral to the story. He knew she was meant for him, and
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
A sweet Barbarian story. Hideous cover.

BR with The Geishas
Sophia Triad
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I should have loved this story because it is written by one of my favourite authors and it has two of my favourite tropes:

1. Savage King
2. Older woman, younger man who knew that she was his woman since he was a child and didn't know what love is about.

But the fact that he sacrifices his eye willingly to the Gods in order to prove that he did not need two eyes to be a brutal fighter, surprised me (and not in a good way). I imagine that his innocent son would do the same thing one day aargh....

Dee's Reading Zone
Barbarian loves a Yshremian

The King's Spinster Bride (Royal #1) is my favorite story in the Royal Wedding series. This was King Mathior and Queen Halla's story and it was a beautifully written tale that reminded me of The Game of Thrones' characters, Drogan and Khaleesi.

When Mathior was but eight years old, Queen Halla, age 16, saved him after the boy's father, Alistair had killed her father, King Gillan. Fast forward 16 years later, Mathoir's father has died and he has been advised to have an
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
This was quick, fun and just dirty enough.

I would marry the cyclops king.

3 Stars.

Fatimama
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My fave in the series!!

What i liked
- both H/h are virgins
- j/p Hero
- older heroine by 8 years
- Hero has pining and plotting to be king just so he could marry her
Stacie
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 "Really... Cyclops! Really!!"

I loved this! I like Ruby Dixon books, she has my number. Especially the shorties. She made me fall for a cyclops. Bwahahaha! Smutacular! Happy reading!
Chitra *CJ*
"The King's Spinster Bride" is the story of Halla and Mathior.

Sixteen years ago, 16 year old Princess Halla of Yshrem saved the life of an 8 year old barbarian boy- and permanently imprinted on him.

Now, she lives in a monastery as a spinster, when King Mathior of Cyclopae approaches her to be his wife. While he is advised to kill other surviving royals, he has always loved Halla and finally decides to claim her.

However, Cyclopae have strange wedding customs..
(view spoiler)
AvidReader
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 .
I loved it!
It certainly had a taste of khaleesi and Khal.
I loved the small small things author introduced in this book. Like the 3 days wedding celebrations and step by step customs leading to it, the difference between two kingdoms-one scholarly another barbaric, the small distinguishing details like hero and heroine’s appearance and wedding preparations, and last not least he waited to claim her for 16 years and he was a virgin. It was also a steamy book.
Heroine was older than hero by 8
Laura Elizabeth
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun quick little novella. Ruby never disappoints on these. Great guilty pleasure read.
 B.E.Love
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and wish it was a full length because I wanted more. The idea of this book (and start of this book) was so sweet and endearing. The back story of not only Halla and Mathior as well as his people was great and very interesting. Mathior was the definition of possessive and jealous and he was so in love with Halla, what he does and how he waited made me love him more than I thought I could. Halla was strong and sweet and dignified even after the life she lead. I don't think I ...more
Elizabeth Neal
Would've enjoyed it more if it hadn't been for one thing -- He's a virgin too, which I love, having waited until she was his. My issue is this though -- He's claiming to have loved her, wanted only her, for sixteen years, yet we learn he's kissed other women, though he thought of her at the time. (She, of course, has done nothing...ever.) Yeah, how can you claim to only want one woman, love one woman, and then kiss others? And to make it even worse, think of your "one true love" while doing so? ...more
Aileene
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

(view spoiler)

F*, I DON’T NEED TO KNOW THE THIRD DAY!

Rating this 4 You-had-me-at-second-day Stars
nova ryder ☼
this was so good?? honestly wasn’t expecting that and now I’m off to read the rest of the series, hope they’re just as enjoyable as this one

also
also
I need more of this world

RTC
Julia's Book Haven
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien-romance
Fun short read!
Ivy Deluca
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Ruby Dixon is my crack dealer, and I was jonesing for my next fix. She did not disappoint. It was fantasy rom take on a royal wedding, I liked that she added some different tropes (yay for the older heroine!) and the smutty bits are OTT and fun. It's not perfect, and the final obstacle was meh, but hey, I still enjoyed myself. If you love Ms. Dixon, I think you'll like this.

For more reviews, visit

description description description description
Angela~supermom~
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ooooooh hot damn.

Those sexy time scenes were

And Mathior...

Fuck. This was SO good.

But it's Ruby Dixon after all. Is there such a thing as a bad smutty scene with her?
description

If this were a 500 page book i'd still eat it up in it's entirety in a single afternoon. So cute. Short. Super sweet. Love. Love. Love. Actually looking forward to seeing what the other authors bring to the table. Kinda curious to see how they could top this one.
Tricia Len
Ruby delivers! This is a sweet and sexy short story with a HEA. I highly recommend Ruby Dixon!

SheLove2Read
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, best-of-2018
Too young by far, Halla was thrust in the role of Queen for little more than an hour, after the death of her father in battle. A decision to save the life of a young barbarian boy saves her own life, but ends in the destruction of her realm. Sixteen years later, after having gone into hiding in a nunnery, the day she has feared has arrived - the King that defeated her forces has arrived to kill her.

Mathias, the young barbarian boy Halla saved so many years ago, is now the King of Cyclopae,
Michelle Claypot_Reads
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dirty-quickie
I have loved this Kings series of novellas but I think I love Mathior and Halla the most of all. This is a slowburn type of Instalove considering they're 8 & 16 when the story begins. Older woman, hot younger warrior king. Yes please. Definitely recommend for a dirty quickie
1.5 stars for this novella, which would be 2ish in full length world.

I seriously can't believe I read this short. I don't think I'd ever read anything by this author before and wasn't sure what to expect. From the cover, I thought this would be a lighthearted and funny read. It was sweet, but the instalove was a little saccharin for me. I skimmed all the intimate scenes (of which there were too many for such a short work) and felt like there wasn't much meat on these bones. If you like short and
Somia
This short story by Ruby Dixon is a fun, light hearted fairytale romance with a good amount of heat. I liked the fact Halla was slightly older than Mathior,since its often the other way around. Both main characters are likable and their chemistry fabulously tangible.

As with any short story I read and enjoyed I wanted more..... it's a good smutty, sweet short story.
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved that the heroine is thirty-three. I wasn't a big fan that the hero is nine years her junior but alas it's something I can ignore. Or I wish I could have if the damn woman would stop asking him if he wants a younger bride. No he wants you and your cougarness now shut up and be with him!

Anywho loved the story. I'm moving on to the King's Horrible Bride and getting me a pop tart.
Stories in Review
Great quick read. I loved it. They were apart for 16 years, he was 8 and she was 16. He's kissed a little, but they were each other's one and only. Great story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Pretty Bride (Rags to Riches #3; The Dead Lands #3)
  • Back River Quiver
  • The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (The Dead Lands #1; Mail-Order Brides #4)
  • The Alien Assassin's Stolen Bride (In The Stars)
  • Sheltered
  • Pretty Girl
  • Pretty Prize (Rags to Riches, #2)
  • Virgin In The City
  • Giving Her My Baby
  • Pretty Daring (Rags to Riches, #5)
  • Teacher's Pet Wolf (Werewolf and Shapeshifter Romance, #3)
  • Protecting Freedom
  • The Wolf's Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides #2)
  • The Midnight Bride (The Dead Lands, #2)
  • Built For Her
  • Wrapped In My Wife
  • Don't Look
  • Sacrificed to the Beast
Ruby Dixon is the secret penname of a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author. As Ruby, she writes sexy barbarian aliens, grumpy shifters, and domineering bikers.

Royal Wedding (4 books)
  • The King's Horrible Bride (Royal Wedding, #2)
  • The King's Innocent Bride (Royal Wedding, #3)
  • The King's Reluctant Bride (Royal Wedding, #4)
“I mean what I said. You are mine, Halla. I am king and I get what I want, and what I want is you.” 2 likes
“Three days. I will not dishonor you before then.” He glances over at the guards, then back at me. “But I will be thinking about it. A lot.” 1 likes